The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Ideas.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Ideas.   Sailor Ideas. I_icon_minitime22nd August 2012, 11:20 am

I've been trying to get into the jist of making my own Sailor Scout and have a few good ideas to go on, but I wanted personal opinions on the attire and name placement for the two I have in mind before I decide to get any more creative with the attacks and transformations. Any positive feedback on these ideas would be amazing!

The concept of the two characters are based off Gliese 581-c and Gliese 581-d; though instead of naming them Sailor Gliese 581-c and Sailor Gliese 581-d I wanted to give them 'nicknames' until Scientists can come up with better ones instead of basic letters and numbers. I have come up with two different concepts based off both Japanese and Greek mythology, but I haven't entirely decided what concept to choose:

Sailor Artemis & Sailor Aphrodite
OR
Sailor Izanagi & Sailor Izanami

I know there is white feline that we all know and love in the series named Artemis, but the appeal of this design is strictly based on Greek mythology. I chose names of deities for this concept as well due to how our own Solar System (its Planets mainly) have been named (which was from Romanized Gods taken from the Greek ones).

Artemis is notoriously known for being the goddess of the hunt, and Aphrodite of Beauty and Love. Though I thought that with this Senshi idea I could produce a male Scout since how I rarely see them being thought up. Obviously Artemis would be the best choice out of the two. Though the colour schemes and picture production is something I'm having mild problems with for my ideas. I don't want to copy the style from Chibi Moon with the pink production, but I feel that Aphrodite would fit this colour as well.

As for Izanami (Being the Goddess of Creation and Death) and Izanagi (God of all) are other options to consider and have the coherent prospect of Male/Female or Brother/Sister idea I've been looking for. These characters don't have much information I could go upon, and leave me with the same problem I am faced with the other two characters.

So I was wondering if anyone could throw out some original ideas so I could move onto the next phase of this operation. Very Happy Though sadly I cannot draw at all, so pictures would be impossible to show for the final design unless help in that area is given as well. I do appreciate you stopping by and giving this thread some of your time.
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

Sailor Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Ideas.   Sailor Ideas. I_icon_minitime22nd August 2012, 11:26 am

The only detail that would bug me with the idea is that there is no such things as a male sailor scout: Takeuchi Sensei herself said only women could develop their powers. If Mamoru didn't have his psychometry power, he wouldn't be able to do anything.
But overall, I like how your idea start. Razz Considering Artemis might be a senshi of the hunt, maybe her attack would be something like Mars's Flame Sniper? Revolving around arrows of different effects?
Back to top Go down
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Ideas.   Sailor Ideas. I_icon_minitime22nd August 2012, 11:34 am

It would just bug me on the opposing side that if I chose to pick a character for role-play purposes the gender would be feminine instead of masculine in appearance. I know that the Scouts were meant to be female only and I respect this idea, but that one problem still irks me.

I had thought about the concept of arrows and bows being her trade mark first attack, and the idea doesn't bother me. Though ultimately I doubt "Hunting" would be a Senshi power. I was thinking plant-like ideas, but that doesn't seem "Artemis" like to me. Could be just my mode of thinking is all.
Back to top Go down
Meyneth
Lotus Crystal

Meyneth

Lotus Crystal

Sailor Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Ideas.   Sailor Ideas. I_icon_minitime22nd August 2012, 9:05 pm

I'm not sure about the male/female thing - but I do know that Mamoru holds the Golden Crystal, a Sailor Crystal and has a transformation sequence (there's a little thing in the anime, but there's an -actual sequence- in the manga; the context is clear that's he's transforming in the same way as the girls.) You could make Artemis Male; you could use the term "Knight" as opposed to "Sailor" to indicate that there's a Sailor Crystal present with power that of a senshi.

As for Artemis/Aphrodite you could use the brother and sister dynamic and run with that motif - Artemis is hunting; primal, survival, the basics of life but there is a certain beauty to be held in such savagery (why else would we be captivated by the lioness hunting the gazelle?). Aphrodite is beauty; superficial, opulent, the sign of an advanced society yet the primal aspect can be seen.. in the competitions of lust? I'm not sure how to phrase the concept properly. So there is some polarity to be found there.

Artemis could use a pair of blades for melee that connect at the base to fire off arrows of different effect - powered up for tactical advantages. The blade and the bow are both early weapons of civilization - many weapons only improving upon their designs. Aphrodite's power could be less physical and more mental in their effect - a soothsayer, illusionist, a shadow. She could manipulate perceptions (typically linked with the element of water; Aphrodite arose from the ocean foam) and sensations (she is the goddess of pleasure).

For coloring - Aphrodite's name literally translates to "the day is near" and Artemis - the moon, hunting at night, wolves? You can use Dawn (gold, deep pink, light purple) for Aphrodite and Dusk (orange, navy, royal purple) for Artemis.

This is obviously just optional and I clearly got a little carried away ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://juliannacodes.tumblr.com http://spectrenegade.tumblr.com/
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Ideas.   Sailor Ideas. I_icon_minitime23rd August 2012, 2:23 pm

I like the concepts that you gave of both Artemis & Aphrodite. A Dark Purple is probably the best idea for this character. She does represent Beauty, but the fact she is the Goddess of Love is probably what most people know her for. Manipulating the emotions of Love between two people. Twisting the threads of the heart, and sewing them together. The other ideas are extremely awesome for color scheme, but I wanted to use ones that really haven't been used. Gold could be another color, but with Love we think of reds and pink.

As for Artemis, I was thinking Brown for the color, since she represents the hunt. When we think of hunting, we obviously think of bows and arrows, but also the concept of "blending" in with the surroundings. Military outfits are best examples, but I wouldn't used mixed colors for Senshi or Knight character. I like your ideas; especially the ones involving weapons and outfit set ups.

Though the idea for the bow and arrow was something that I had a different opinion about. I thought it could materialize as he chants the name of said attack. The name of the attack escapes me at the moment, but I'll remember it eventually. XD

I got a lot to think about involving these two characters. I just didn't want to do female/female relations because we have that already in Uranus x Neptune (English Version).
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Fallen Paladin

Sailor Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Ideas.   Sailor Ideas. I_icon_minitime7th February 2013, 12:33 pm

Thread necromancy, but...

So, female only, she says? I call sexism.

And we are still at square one. So let's call it a sorcerer, and get over it.
Back to top Go down
http://monokli.oszto
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

Sailor Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Ideas.   Sailor Ideas. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Ideas.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top