The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Rules for Request Area

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

Rules for Request Area Empty
PostSubject: Rules for Request Area   Rules for Request Area I_icon_minitime17th July 2012, 2:47 pm

Rules for Request Area Request_area_information_header_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d9626p1
The Request Board
Introduction

The Request Board is an area where you can post a recruiting thread for your accepted and in-progress storyline (meaning there needs to be at least 3 posts) to advertise that you are looking for more characters. (To advertise for members to start a roleplay, use the OOC and Discussion Forum proper.) Threads here are designed to help members new to the RP boards find a place to fit in and play without having to zoom all over to see who's what where and what's going on, and can also help old hats who are looking for another world to jump into without reading pages of pages of stuff on the OOC boards.

For those of you who are brand new to The Silver Millennium (RP Forum) of the Galaxy Cauldron, below are a few threads you might want to check out:
°RPG Rules and Information

°Roleplaying Section F.A.Q. - The Quick-Start Guide to the roleplaying section, with short instructional posts on where to go and what to do when you want to start roleplaying!

°Character Profile Submissions Information - Find the template to use when creating a profile for characters both Canon and Non-Canon characters, including information on how character roles are handled in our expansive, multi-universe, multi-timeline boards.

Note: the character profile templates can also be found in Canon Character Boards (where you submit your Canon profile for approval before joining an RP) and Otaku/Crossover Character Boards(where you submit Otaku or Crossover character profiles for approval before joining an RP) respectively for easy-access when creating a character; just look for the stickied (Rose) thread.

°Storyline Information - For information regarding our Storylines, the process of submitting a storyline, and a place to ask any questions you like about Storylines.

°List of Storylines - A list of all ongoing storylines, complete with short synopsis.

Rules for the Request Section

1. Only one Request thread allowed per storyline.
  2. All replies must relate specifically to character claims or interest in claiming a certain character; please leave all other OOC Discussions about the storyline in the OOC and Discussion Forum.
  3. All Request boards must follow the streamlined Request Board Template/Guidelines below; this is simply to make things easy to read without looking cluttered.

Failure to follow these rules will result in an RP Admin or Moderator PMing you to tell you to follow the rules. Repeat offenses will be noted.

Request Thread Template
-------
Title of the topic: CHARACTER REQUEST: {Name of the Storyline}

{Short introduction that includes the link to your ongoing storyline.}
Your Accepted Storyline in a Spoiler Tag:

Character Key:
Linked Names are characters that have been claimed by somebody (in parenthesis) and the link takes you to the accepted profile.
Italisized Names are characters that have been reserved by somebody (in parenthesis) but their profile hasn't been accepted yet.
Bold Names are characters that are necessary to the plot and we would love for you to take.
Regular Names are characters that we would look forward to having, but as of yet have no critical part in the plotline.

Canon Characters:
List of canon characters allowed in your rp
both taken and not-taken
formatted to follow the 'Character Key' above.
For Claimed characters,
link the character name to the accepted character profile sheet from the Approved Canon Characters forum
and, to the side, list the GC member who plays that character.
Note: Only link profile sheets that have officially been approved and moved to the approved forum.
Incomplete/unapproved profile characters should be italisized.

Non-Canon Characters:
List of non-canon characters wanted in your rp
list those taken first and
follow the format of the 'Character Key' above,
this time linking taken characters to their appropriate profile sheet found Approved Otaku/Crossover Characters forum.
Then list any characters you would want to see;
for example: VILLAIN or {Super Awesome name you guys thought up for the Villain}
and formatted for the need of the character.

Then a spoiler of a quick "So far, in {The Roleplay}:
And, finally, a "Things to Know" spoiler:
{Short ending remarks reminding people that this thread is for claiming, requesting, or inquiring about a certain character, not about a discussion of the storyline in general. Maybe direct them to your OOC and Discussion thread for your RP.}
-------
To get a skeleton of the Guidelines, copy the code below:
Code:

{Short introduction} [url=]{Your Storyline Title}[/url]
[spoiler=Storyline]..........[/spoiler]

Character Key:
[u]Linked Names [/u]are characters that have been claimed by somebody (in parenthesis) and the link takes you to the accepted profile.
[i]Italisized Names[/i] are characters that have been reserved by somebody (in parenthesis) but their profile hasn't been accepted yet.
[b]Bold Names[/b] are characters that are necessary to the plot and we would love for you to take.
Regular Names are characters that we would look forward to having, but as of yet have no critical part in the plotline.

Canon Characters: [center]Put
Character
Names
Here
And
Remember
To Link
To Accepted
Profiles[/center]

Non-Canon Characters: [center]List
Accepted OCs First
Linked to Accepted Profiles
And
Then
Make
Your List
of Wanted OC's[/center]

[spoiler=So far, in {This Roleplay}]...quick synopsis...[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Things to Know].........[/spoiler]
{Short ending remarks [b]reminding people that this thread is for claiming, requesting, or inquiring about a certain character, not about a discussion of the storyline in general.[/b] Maybe direct them to your OOC and Discussion thread for your RP.} [url=]{Your Storyline's} OOC and Discussion Thread[/url].
To see an example of how a Character Request board should look, this thread is formatted correctly.

Last edited by Sailor Neptune on 6th June 2018, 1:44 am; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Added)
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Request Area   Rules for Request Area I_icon_minitime17th July 2012, 8:06 pm

Update: Issues with permissions of this board and section has been fixed. Smile all links should work now; feel free to make a new thread in this section for your RP!
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Request Area   Rules for Request Area I_icon_minitime9th March 2015, 6:21 am

I apologize if I am putting this in the wrong place, but I noticed a couple of the links in this topic do not work for me.

• For the second link - Important Character Information - when I click on it, I get the error message 'Sorry, but only administrators can read topics in this forum.'
  • And for the fourth link - Submitted Canon Characters - when I click on it, I get the error message 'The forum you have selected does not exist.'

I hope these issues can be fixed soon.  Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Request Area   Rules for Request Area I_icon_minitime9th March 2015, 11:50 am

Thank you! I'll edit the links so they work (good catch!) and then move these two messages (yours and mine) to another area to keep this thread clean. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Request Area   Rules for Request Area I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules for Request Area

View previous topic View next topic Back to top