The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Night
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Night

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Nighty

Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night Empty
PostSubject: Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night   Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 10:42 am

Heeere I go.
I translated my Sailor Night profile in english (sorry if there is mistakes, as you can see it's. LONG.) and this is my first time introducing her to people 'outside' the RP I played her. *uneasy*
Feel free to tell me what you think about her, just k-keep it mind I created her more than ten years ago, okay ? Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night 2632955583 Hence the cheesy names and details. ("Heavenight" must sound ridiculous in english, I apologize. Also, the "silver Sapphire"... but I'm too used to it now. orz)

Mariel Blaunacht - Princess Heavenight

First Name : Mariel

Last Name : Blaunacht

Birthday : December 21

Height : 5’9’’ (179cm)

Origin : German

Hair : Black, with blue reflections. ( N: not sure of this word ?)
Her hair is long to her feets ; she often steps on it (and fall because of it). If she cuts it, it grows back in some weeks so she leaves it alone.

Eyes : Dark blue

Clothes : Insensible in other people's opinions, Mariel does not hesitate to wear short and provocating dresses, always in dark colors (black or blue most of the time). She likes skin-tight, torn jeans, miniskirts which emphasize her long legs, and silver jewels to match her dresses. Her tops are often short ; wide T-shirt cut below the breast for example, or tight pullovers.
As she’s already taller than the average japanese population, she avoids heels.

When the temperature goes colder, she’ll wear long black coats and hats.

In exact opposite of her usual style, it is possible to see her several times in suit and stiletto when she goes to the court – it does not disturbe nor really please her ; she has no choice.

Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night New_night2
(-bad- art by me)

Character: Mariel is a cold and distant woman who can be rough to strangers and prefers to seem the most inaccessible possible. She looks closed to any new relation and does not hesitate to judge even people whom she does not know ; generally a single glance is enough for her to know if she is going to respect or to disdain somebody. With her it is all or none.

She does not like to see people involded in her business, so in return she does not get involved in the others’s, even if it means ignoring distress or need. Somebody could die to her feet, it would not make her blink.
Though she always seems quiet and silent, she can become aggressive if one’s messing with her or getting on sensitive subjects. Her icy mask hides a mind weakened by uncountable sufferings which brought her several times to madness ; she is capable of the worst when this mask languishes. To calm her recurring panic attacks, she spends her days swallowing medicines.

Story : (I tried my very best to translate it, however some sentences may sound... I don’t know, too ‘french’ ? If it’s too hard to read, let me know.)

Night lived on numerous planets, in numerous different times. But her story began some millenniums earlier, at a time which nobody remembers today.

Everything began in a planetary system very similar to the one named Solar system: Mond-era.
This system was ruled by Nottena, the Planet the most remote from the main star wich radiation offered the daylight to the other worlds. On Nottena, people knew only the night-sky and the darkness, whatever the hour, whatever the season ; nevertheless, for some unknown reason, Life had developed there without requiring either light or heat. It was thus nicknamed the Night Planet. The blue Moon.

Nottena was governed by a powerful Queen who wore too the name of Mond-era. Night representative, her Queen's status was very often equal to that of a goddess. A pale goddess with long black hair, peaceful face and a shiny blue crescent on her forehead. Some said she was the origin of Life on Nottena.
She held her powers from a unique stone named the silver Sapphire.

One day, Mond-era gave mysteriously birth to a girl that she named Heavenight. The young princess, of unknown father (did she really had one ?) was so similar to her mother it was disturbing - some were wondering if, rather than a daughter she could be a clone.
She lived in the glass walls of the royal palace of Nottena, the Imperial Nacht, and developed over the years strange powers; wings, long black wings which nobody else on Nottena possessed and who appeared on her back when she was about seven years old. Only Queen Mond-era knew their origin: her daughter was judged, by very Nottena, deserving of becoming Queen of Night one day and thus inherited the sovereignty of the nightly darkness. However, not wanting to get the interest of people ill-intentioned, she claimed to know nothing about the origin of the dark wings of her daughter and let her grow without letting her know the burden which would soon wait for her...

Heavenight became a quiet and taciturn woman with the fathomless character contrary to her nice mother, warm and loving in any circumstances. She had very long dark hair that reminded the night sky, a strict face not exactly like her mother’s with beautiful but cold features, and deep eyes which imposed fear and respect. People of Nottena did not stop talking about her. The Night in all its dark truth: magnificent but icy, imperial but untouchable.

During the ball given for her 20th birthday, Heavenight met prince Ionathen, official representative of the satellite of Nottena, Lumina. He was an beautiful man with light hair and eyes - a rarity among the population of the remote planets – always looking like he was radiating light on his own, because of his looks, bright clothes or lively character. The exact opposite of Heavenight.
Ionathen was trying, like her, to avoid the boredom of these big solemn meetings and ended on the balcony where Heavenight was hidding too ; the two of them were surprised, not only to meet but to learn they were not the only one bored to death. Ionathen knew of the Night Princess but it was his first time seeing her for real. Same thing for Heavenight.
They eventually spent all the time of the ceremony together discussing and sharing common passions, hidden by the permanent darkness of the Night Planet when, inside the Palace, everyone was looking for them. It was Heavenight best birthday party.

After this day, they promised to see each other again, and their meetings became more and more frequent. In the course of the months, then years, it finally happened ; they fell in love with each other. But this relationship, which was nothing official, was far from delighting the Ministers of Nottena. Ionathen due to his behavior and total indifference of the politics of his kingdom was too much of an opposite of Heavenight, and he had no good reputation on the blue Moon. He only acted like he wanted to, and spent too much of his time on Nottena without authorization. He was not a bad prince ; he just didn’t like to follow orders.
Heavenight knew it and respected him deeply, as a lover and a prince. Queen Mond-era seemed to think the same and never tried to keep her daughter from seeing her lover.

This situation lasted only some short years before reality catches up both lovers on their cloud.
One day, Queen Mond-era was found dead in her bed. Natural death, murder or suicide, the strange ruler took a nth secret with her and left as she had come : silently, with dignity.
Heavenight thus became Queen, and her Ministers found the perfect opportunity to stop her from seeing Ionathen again ; she had now the responsibility of Nottena but also of the other Planets of the system, she could not waste any more her invaluable time.

The silver Sapphire was now hers and by being bound to her life became a sword whose blade was like crystal. When she took it in her hand, the wings of the young ruler spread violently ; it was the birth of the new Night guardian, without her knowing anything about it.

But the absence of Ionathen made her decay fastly, and Nottena had to make it with the humor of its new Queen who had taken things with an iron hand without any velvet glove. The inhabitants lost little by little confidence in her, tired to be treated as if they had no value in her eyes.
Of course, it was without counting on the disciplinary lack from the young prince of Lumina who escaped discreetly of a military meeting on Nottena to go to the Palace and try to calm his loved one. She had to make something, her people as well as those of the planets surrounding did not bear anymore her strice rules and politics, and numerous were the ones who thought of rebelling.

Heavenight was intelligent but young, too young to support the weight of all her new responsibilities. The sovereignty of Nottena was a thing, but that of all Mond-era was much more than she could assume. She was not ready to be a Queen and, though not voicing it, missed her mother deeply.
Too happy to find her lover, she didn’t have ears for his warnings and, during a long moment, neglected all her duties to be with him. For a few weeks, anything nor anybody succeeded in convincing her in time to take back her kingdom. When she finally understood, decided to act like a good queen and went back to the throne, it was already too late.

The people of Nottena lifted up against her and a horrifying war burst between the diverse planets of Mond-era. The situation on the blue Moon was discouraged; the inhabitants could not defend themselves against the other kingdoms and rebel against their queen at the same time. There were million losses in the space of a few days.
Ionathen took things in hand and succeeded in making up a little army by gathering some believers who still had faith in him and in Heavenight. Of course, it was not of a big help and in spite of their efforts, the enemy armies advanced more and more on the ground of the night planet. The Prince and the Ruler thus joined the battle.

The war was as bloody as brief. Ionathen and Heavenight, fighting side by side, had no control of the situation; the planets of Mond-era did not trust Nottena anymore, and only wanted to make her fall.

It was soon made.
In a battle, enemy soldiers recognized the Queen among the fighters and dashed to kill her. Ionathen raised himself against them to protect her but they were too many against him alone, and he was not able to fight for a long time ; even before Heavenight could join him he was dead, stabbed by numerous swords at the same time. His abandonned corpse was an horrible sight.

This tragedy signed the end of the war, but also Nottena’s.

Annihilated by the loss of Ionathen, Heavenight totally lost her mind. As a last resort, she released the whole power of the silver Sapphire to make pay every person who was still on the ground of Nottena. Allies, ennemies, she didn’t know anymore. Her mother was gone, Ionathen was gone ; she had nothing left.
The energy was so strong the Sapphire broke. Heavenight died.
Its protective crystal and its guardian having disappeared, Nottena was destroyed a few moments later, taking with it the innocents as the culprits. However, the soul of Heavenight escaped the destruction and it resuscitated hundreds of years later under the name of Sailor Night.

From there, she lived several lives centuries after centuries under various identities but always aware of her history, origins and powers. Each one of her past lives finished tragically, always at the same age, to pay for the egoism she had showed and which had led to the loss of Nottena and million lives. Since this distant time, she still has never meet Ionathen but does believe she’ll find him one day, reincarnated somewhere like, persuaded that their reunion would lead her soul to a real rest.

Today reincarnated on Earth, her identity is Mariel Blaunacht, a German student in faculty of law recently arrived at Japan. She always fights with the aim of redeeming herself and paying her debt to Mond-era for the chaos she was the origin of some thousand years earlier ; even if she is the only one still remembering the legend of the Blue Moon.

Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night Heavykima
(AWESOME art by Kima)

Dream : To become a writer (she wrote the story of Nottena as a novel) and to find Ionathen.

Nightmare : Thunderstorm (the noise and light reminds her the death of her Planet), to be left alone forever.

Others:
-Mariel has a blue crescent moon on her forehead, which was formerly the proof of her royal blood on Nottena. It doesn’t disappear.
- Her very long hair.
- She smokes. A lot.
- For some reason, she kept her old powers, though she’s no goddess or queen anymore. She thus kept her black wings and can use them even in civilian form.
- She is "immortal". Her star seed, the silver Sapphire, is bound to the stars and every time she dies, her spirit is sucked up in a star which keep it to sleep during ages before waking her under her Sailor form, on another planet where she will have to begin again a new life. Thus she will never really ‘die’. Though it’s something she wish for.
- Having memories of hundred years of lives, deaths and suffering makes her mind a mess very close to madness.

Musical themes :
- You can hear the cry of the Planet [FFVII OST]
- Tsubasa wo daite (accept my wings) [Minakawa Junko]

Sailor Night

Make-up : Night angel power, Make up !
As she said this, Mariel closes her eyes and her sword Blue Moon appears to stab her in the chest. Her wings spread, and the sword turns into numerous black ribbons to become her fuku.

Sailor fuku : Night’s fuku is in two parts. The dark blue top is short, cut behind her breasts and revealing her stomach. Her brooch is a silver moon crescent, who closes a thin black ribbon and a blue sailor collar. On the left arm, she has a small lace matching the one around her neck. Her blue gloves are short and hardly cover her wrists.

Her night-blue skirt is pretty low on her hips. It is decorated with a black belt in the center of which is hung a small silver crescent moon and several pearls. Under her skirt is a black, transparent underskirt. Her shoes are simple blue stilleto. She also wears black stockings as well as a garter on her left tigh.
She does not have a tiara, only her blue crescent on the forehead.

Weapon : Blue Moon, her sword (actually the silver Sapphire). Its blade is transparent like glass, but it can’t be broken. Little sapphires decorates the crossguard and hilt.

Attacks :

Blue Moon, tear !
An attack Night uses mostly during distances fights ; a wave of energy looking like a huge dark crescent moon escapes from the blade of Blue Moon to cut her ennemies.

Stellar Mirror, Dazzle!
A defensive power that Night uses only during the precarious situations, to protect herself or an ally. After she drew an imaginary rectangle, an immense mirror reflecting a night-sky appears in front of her or the persons she wants.
However, it can’t stay long, as Sailor Night isn’t a defensive senshi.

Nocturnal punishment, Illuminate!
The ultimate attack of Sailor Night, that she used (without knowing it) to destroy Nottena. When she summons it, her Sailor fuku and sword disappear, and the blue crescent on her forehead begins to shine intensely. The enemies she aims to are paralyzed by this radiation and a thin beam of light strikes them between the eyes, springing from the silver Sapphire she’s holding in front of her.
Every nominee by the bright needles are forever drowned into the coldest darkness, physically and psychically; blind, incapable to make whatever it is without one supports outside of which they are not even conscious, their only feeling left is the biggest despair, and it will remain for the rest of his life which will finish in insanity and pain.

All the energy of the silver Sapphire is used for this summon which can take alarming proportions and touch whole populations. Night doesn’t really have control of it because its use leads her irreparably to the madness then to the death, her life being bound to the silver Sapphire.
Back to top Go down
http://ignis-divine.org
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night   Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 11:04 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVED THIS!

For translating this wasn't bad at ALL! I was able to get what you meant all the time. I actually really love your character. I love that she has serious flaws and seem so amazing developed!

She is like an Emo Pluto to me >_<
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Sailor Night
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Night

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night   Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night I_icon_minitime10th July 2011, 8:44 am

Thank you very much Lady Galaxia !
She is really 'old' (as a character) so as time passed I worked a lot on her to make her more 'human'. Her veeery first version, when I was around 14, was a total Mary Sue flawless god-like character - the horror! I like how she evolved now.

I'm very glad you like her; it means a lot for me. <3
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night   Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night I_icon_minitime10th July 2011, 11:35 am

I am glad you kept working on her!! It was a joy to read to be honest, and I feel I really know the character!
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
SailorBAMF
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorBAMF

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Her Royal Badass MF-er

PostSubject: Re: Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night   Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night I_icon_minitime12th July 2011, 6:53 pm

Woooow, her story is so epic... and so sad. Poor thing, having to relive the misfortunes of life over and over again.

Then again, lucky for her to always have a second chance?
Back to top Go down
http://phantasmicmuse.tumblr.com
Sailor Night
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Night

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night   Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night I_icon_minitime16th July 2011, 11:12 am

Thanks for the comment SailorBAMF! I'm relieved to know her story is readable.
Her actual life (as a RP character) is way better than the old ones. I'll translate Ionathen's profile one day to explain it~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night   Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nighty's Otaku Senshi: Sailor Night

View previous topic View next topic Back to top