The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Random Sailor Moon Trivia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

Random Sailor Moon Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Random Sailor Moon Trivia   Random Sailor Moon Trivia I_icon_minitime11th May 2012, 12:46 am

Hmm... so I was thinking people could post the things that are weirdly connected to Sailor Moon here. Like weird trivia that is linked to the show, I'll go first:

- The two main characters in the hit shoujo manga/anime/drama series "Hana-Kimi" [Hanazakari no Kimitachi e] by Hisaya Nakajo ... Mizuki Ashiya and Izumi Sano were actually named after the actor Mizuki Sano, a member of Johnny's Jr. [a talent agency] and also the Sailor Moon Musical's very first "Tuxedo Mask" in the very first musical of Summer 1993?

- Emi Shinohara [Sailor Jupiter's voice actress] and Rica Fukami [Sailor Venus's voice actress] share the same birthday.

- Rica Fukami voiced the character "Monica Gellar" in the Japanese dub of the American sitcom "Friends"

- The choice of for kanji in Minako's given name [美奈子] can also be read as "binasu", one of the approximations in Japanese for the word "Venus".

- The song "Moon Revenge" from the Sailor Moon anime was composed by Akiko Kosaka and the lyrics were written by Kayoko Fuyumori. The same musical team for the majority of the Sailor Moon musicals.

- According to official sources, when Sailor Moon, Mercury and Mars combine the attacks "Moon Tiara Action" "Sabão Spray" and "Fire Soul" such as in Episode 21 - "Protecting the Dreams of Children! A Friendship Linked Through Anime", the combined attack is called "Stardust Stream Attack".

- Naoko Takeuchi once considered of having the character of Michiru Kaiou to be a troupe member of the Takarazuka Revue.

- Michiru Kaiou was actually developed before Haruka Tenou, the original idea was that someone like Michiru could not properly love a man.

- Originally in the song "Sailor Team no Theme" [Theme of the Sailor Team] from the Sailor Moon anime, lyricist Naoko Takeuchi did not include a line that referred to Sailor Mercury, this was changed in the 1995 version. The change was from "とどけライメイ 炎ゆれて 愛のムチ" [Send the thunder, sway the flames, the whip of love] to "とどけライメイ 炎ゆれて 水のささやき 愛のムチ" [Send the thunder, sway the flames, the whispering of the water, the whip of love]

- Rei is the one of the main ten characters to have her name written in katakana.

- There is a joke that comes up in the anime where Usagi mishears Sailor Jupiter's "Supreme Thunder" as "Choux Cream Sundae". In PGSM's "The Special Act", Makoto and Usagi go to a restaurant where Usagi eats a choux cream sundae.

- In some Sailor Moon musicals the Guardian Soldiers have a habit of performing the attacks of ""Mercury Aqua Rhapsody" "Mars Flame Sniper" "Supreme Thunder" and "Venus Love-Me Chain" together, rather than performing attacks they received at the same time during the series.

- The translation "Sailor Soldiers" from "Sailor Senshi" actually originates from the Sailor Moon Musicals rather than the Sailor Moon anime.

- Kayoko Fuyumori, lyricist for the Sailor Moon musicals wrote the song "Sailor War!" three years before Naoko Takeuchi coined the idea of the epic "Sailor Wars".

- Starting in Summer 2000, the music from the Sailor Moon Musicals was recorded overseas by the Moscow International Orchestra.

- According to the Sailor Moon Musicals, Princess Serenity was responsible for the destruction of the Artuqa Empire, for splitting apart the Moon and Earth Kingdoms and for seducing away Queen Beryl's fiance, Prince Endymion.

- Fan-favourite Sailor Uranus actress, Nao Takagi's first Sailor Moon production - "Shin Densetsu Kourin" [Birth of the New Legend] opened on her birthday.

- Keiko Han, voice of Luna and Queen Beryl in the anime, also provided the voice for Luna in cat form in PGSM

- Chieco Kawabe played Naru Osaka in PGSM but had actually already played Ami Mizuno / Sailor Mercury, two years earlier in the Sailor Moon Musicals.

Last edited by Miki on 11th May 2012, 1:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sashminda
Lotus Crystal

Sashminda

Lotus Crystal

Title : Aunt

PostSubject: Re: Random Sailor Moon Trivia   Random Sailor Moon Trivia I_icon_minitime11th May 2012, 1:10 am

The Mainland china dub of sailor moon didn't bother to dub the opening and closing songs. They just used karaoke versions. O_O so lazy.

On the other end of the spectrum, Hong Kong in itself has 2 different dubs (same language)
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Random Sailor Moon Trivia   Random Sailor Moon Trivia I_icon_minitime18th May 2012, 2:29 am

bump? you guys really have no trivia about sailor moon? even just pointing out thigns
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PostSubject: Re: Random Sailor Moon Trivia   Random Sailor Moon Trivia I_icon_minitime19th May 2012, 6:26 pm

*If you listen closely, you can hear ticking clocks in Sailor Pluto's transformation.
*Sailor Moon was originally supposed to only be one season/manga arc long. It was so popular that Naoko Takeuchi's publisher begged her to continue it. That's why the "Doom Tree" arc exists; the anime was filling up time so that Naoko could finish the Black Moon Arc.

I'll post more later!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Random Sailor Moon Trivia   Random Sailor Moon Trivia I_icon_minitime19th May 2012, 8:27 pm

Toon Makers wanted to create a live action/animated series of Sailor Moon. They would have redo the whole story by making luna a white cat and make the senish mixed race. One was even in a wheel chair. Toei than gave the license to Dic because it would have been cheaper to make a dub then a whole new show.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Random Sailor Moon Trivia   Random Sailor Moon Trivia I_icon_minitime19th May 2012, 10:24 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
Toon Makers wanted to create a live action/animated series of Sailor Moon. They would have redo the whole story by making luna a white cat and make the senish mixed race. One was even in a wheel chair. Toei than gave the license to Dic because it would have been cheaper to make a dub then a whole new show.

I actually think that if they had done that minus the live action, it could have been decent. The animation was really similar to 80s series like Jem and and He-Man and those kinds of shows and I think it would have been really interesting. Imagine if we had grown up with that version of sailor moon then seeing the japanese anime version! Omg!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Random Sailor Moon Trivia   Random Sailor Moon Trivia I_icon_minitime19th May 2012, 10:27 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Yamichan16 wrote:

I actually think that if they had done that minus the live action, it could have been decent. The animation was really similar to 80s series like Jem and and He-Man and those kinds of shows and I think it would have been really interesting. Imagine if we had grown up with that version of sailor moon then seeing the japanese anime version! Omg!

Dude, with their Space Windsurfers? And battling on space ships? ... could you imagine the TOYS?! But then, that's what 80's and early 90's cartoons were about - selling toys XD
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Random Sailor Moon Trivia   Random Sailor Moon Trivia I_icon_minitime19th May 2012, 10:35 pm

That's what Sailor Moon was all about too. Razz
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Random Sailor Moon Trivia   Random Sailor Moon Trivia I_icon_minitime20th May 2012, 5:22 am

LOL toei's kid animes are still all about selling toys! Look at the Precure series.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Sailor Moon Trivia   Random Sailor Moon Trivia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Sailor Moon Trivia

View previous topic View next topic Back to top