The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Study tips for SAT/ACT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GlassDreams
Lotus Crystal

GlassDreams

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sailor V fan

Study tips for SAT/ACT Empty
PostSubject: Study tips for SAT/ACT   Study tips for SAT/ACT I_icon_minitime26th April 2012, 1:57 pm

Im taking my SAT/ACT'S soon and I was wondering how best to get ready for it. What would be the best way to go around studying for these two tests, what I should focus on and what scores I should aim for. I would really appreciate your help and if you have any tips please share them with me.
Back to top Go down
invictus.lumine
Star Seed

invictus.lumine

Star Seed

Title : Hi der. I'm Kai. :3

PostSubject: Re: Study tips for SAT/ACT   Study tips for SAT/ACT I_icon_minitime26th April 2012, 2:07 pm

There are SAT/ACT books available at your local bookstores. You can probably purchase one or two of those, and just do a general review of what is in them. That helped me, for the most part, but I'd also recommend studying your vocabulary for the SAT. The English portion of the exam is vocab heavy, so if you have any problems with English and sentence structures at all, I'd strongly recommend studying that. I never took the ACT, so I can't help you there, unfortunately.

But overall, with both tests, you should try your best on each section, and if one subject isn't your strong point, just do what you can and re-take it later if you feel that you can do better. If you take the tests multiple times, you just use your highest score on your college applications.

Just take a deep breath before each section, get PLENTY of sleep the night before, and bring a water bottle into the test with you. Sometimes you need it as a wake me up. Haha. I'm sure the test may seem frightening, but you -can- retake it. So don't sweat it, and just stay positive during it~

ALSO! Don't let anyone tell you that taking it more than once is stupid. I took it twice, and did wayyyyy better my second time around. xD The jitters/nerves of test taking always get me. Good luck! <3
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonsacrifice.tumblr.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Study tips for SAT/ACT   Study tips for SAT/ACT I_icon_minitime26th April 2012, 3:03 pm

Oh yes, definitely study your vocabulary. Invictius.lumine is correct, there are tons of ACT/SAT study books. Before you buy one, be sure to look at several. Each book offers some slightly different things and some companies produce better study guides than others. Definitely look for a study guide with some practice tests, though that will likely raise the price. There are other alternatives to study guides, such as computer programs, flashcards, and class programs offered by different companies.

Both of the ACT and SAT websites should offer practice problems and study tips.

Oh, I'm not sure if you are interested in them, but the SAT has subject tests, too. Most universities do not require subject tests, but if the SAT offers a subject test related to your major and you feel confident in your knowledge, then you can consider taking it. Also, for the ACT, go ahead and take the writing test option. You'll have to do a writing section for the SAT, anyway.
Back to top Go down
invictus.lumine
Star Seed

invictus.lumine

Star Seed

Title : Hi der. I'm Kai. :3

PostSubject: Re: Study tips for SAT/ACT   Study tips for SAT/ACT I_icon_minitime26th April 2012, 3:08 pm

Totally agree with Venus! <3
As far as what type of book you might want to get for the SAT, I'd recommend getting the College Board SAT books. I don't know if they also do the ACT examinations, but since your tests are hosted through College Board anyway, it might be a good idea to look at those to see if they meld well to your learning style. I picked up a few SAT prep books that were a bit wordier than others, so it depends on how you read and how much your brain can process in a sitting.xD
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonsacrifice.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Study tips for SAT/ACT   Study tips for SAT/ACT I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Study tips for SAT/ACT

View previous topic View next topic Back to top