The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

[Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced! Empty
PostSubject: [Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced!   [Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced! I_icon_minitime6th August 2018, 12:28 pm

[Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced! IC7ybnj

Our May Contest generated some great ideas for future contests, and for August we'll be using one of the winners to put our Guild members to the test!

Special thanks to chrissifniotis for this wonderful idea for the contest!

What would a Sailor Moon episode look like backwards? Create a simple story involving Sailor Moon and the senshi, but the plot and chain of events running backwards from finish to start.

What is a contest?
A contest is an event where Writing & Roleplaying Guild members submit secret entries, based on criteria, and then vote for a winner.
Find out more about Writing and Roleplaying Guild contests: Guild Challenges, Contests, and Games!

What are the requirements for this contest?
Write a story where the events in the plot begin at the "end" and work backwards towards the start of the story. You've probably seen this technique used in film!
We will accept both Sailor Moon and non-Sailor Moon entries, even though the original submission was worded for Sailor Moon.

1. Entries must be between 250 to 1500 words.
  2. Entries must be rated PG-13 or lower.
  3. Entries must be related to one of each themes from the three columns.
  4. Entries must be new and written specifically for this contest.
  5. Submit one (1) entry.
  6. Entries must be kept secret until the results of the contest is announced. Voting for the contests are blind—the authors identities are kept secret until the voting period is over and a winner is decided. This helps to even the playing field and avoids favoritism as no one knows the identity of the authors.
  7. Sailor Moon-themed entries are encouraged, but not required.
  8. The winner of the contest receives a personalized winning signature and qualifies for a stamp based on their number of wins.

How do I submit an entry?
PM entries to Sailor Mercury with the title "August Contest" no later than Thursday, August 23, 2018!

How do I vote on this contest?
When it is time to vote, this thread will be updated with entries and instructions!

Important Dates
Last day for entries: Thursday, August 23
Voting begins: Friday, August 24
Voting ends: Monday, August 27
Winner announced: Friday, August 31

Remember, participating in and winning a contest earns points and helps you collect the super cute Writing and Roleplaying Guild Sanctioned Contest Stamps!
[Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced! UBEjo7B [Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced! Ry555Qh [Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced! YOh8WMo [Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced! X8BGQEA [Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced! RKtUK7z

Last edited by Sailor Mercury on 7th September 2018, 6:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced!   [Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced! I_icon_minitime24th August 2018, 2:03 pm

Entry A
Entry A wrote:
The lights of Tokyo left long shadows and the sun sank, and Usagi shivered a little. She imagined that she could hear the clacking of jaws and crashing of massive feet. Feeling a chill, she moved a little closer to Mamoru's warmth.

“Hey, Mamo-chan?” Usagi muttered. She nuzzled into his ribs, and he shifted his arm to make it easier for her.

“What?”

“Do you think we can leave a light on tonight?” Usagi fidgeted a little, but she stilled when she felt Mamoru chuckle.

“Sure, Usako.” His arm tightened around her shoulders, and she hummed a little under her breath.

“Thanks.”

“What the heck are these?” yelled Sailor Jupiter. She spun around to avoid a snapping jaw, and they could all hear the clang of jaws hitting each other.

“According to my computer, they are made of shadows.” Sailor Mercury ran a few steps forward to avoid being stepped on by a massive foot.”

“You mean, those weird shapes he was making are actually attacking us?” asked Sailor Mars. She wasn't dodging, instead pulling her flaming bow to shoot the shapes from where she stood on top of a nearby building. Her flames seemed to work well on the attackers.

“I think that is exactly what is happening,” agreed Sailor Mercury.

“We're being beaten up by shadow puppets,” wailed Sailor Moon.

“Then stop whining and start beating them back,” tossed back Sailor Mars. She tracked one of the shadows, which was trying to corner Sailor Venus with massive butterfly wings. “Mars Flame Sniper!” she shot one of the wings.

Sailor Venus followed up with “Venus Love Me Chain!” The attack forced the creature to give her space to roll out of the corner.

“I don't know what to do!” cried Sailor Moon, rushing out of the way of the wolfish creature that was pursuing Sailor Jupiter.

A beautiful woman leaned against the eave of a close by building, giggling. She pouted a little and run a finger down the deep blue dress. In the shadows under the eave, the dress looked as dark as the shadows. “Oh,” she simpered. “Do the senshi not like Adowshay's little pets? But they are having so much fun playing with their new friends.”

The little speech dragged Sailor Mercury's attention to the woman. “Mars, Adowshay summoned the creatures, if we get rid of her, they might disappear to!”

“On it. The rest of you take care of these things?” Mars shifted around on the roof.

Sailor Jupiter was the one who volunteered, “We've got them!” She raised her hands and shouted, “Jupiter Coconut Cyclone!”

“Sailor Moon, help Sailor Mars!” Venus didn't even look away from the butterfly creature she was fighting. But Sailor Moon heard, and that was enough.

She ran over to meet Mars, who landed firmly on the ground. “Mars Flame Sniper,” Mars called again. Sailor Moon let the attack hit before she started her own.

“Rainbow Moon Heartache!”

Light concentrated around Adowshay, and she screamed. The light shattered around the shape of the woman-creature, and Sailor Jupiter called out, “Finally!”

Bright light shone across the street, and the shadows shrank into nothing. Sailor Mars looked around one final time before she sighed and relaxed. With a series of nods, the group moved down the street to find somewhere private to transform.

“I'll only be gone for a day or two,” Mamoru muttered, looking down at the top of Usagi's head.

Usagi shook her head a couple of times and bit her lip. “I know that,” she argued. “And we'll be awesome. Go have a good conference.” Despite her words, she clung to his shirt.

“I can't go far if you won't let go,” he pointed out.

“Well, maybe I'm not finished talking yet.” Usagi scrunched up her nose, and Mamoru rolled his eyes.

“Then what do you have left to say?”

Usagi froze. She didn't need to say anything. Mamoru was going to present a paper he had been working on for one of his classes, and she didn't really understand what he was going to talk about. Ami had discussed it with him a lot, and Usagi had been happy to let the pair have their fun with it. She shrugged.

“I'll see you as soon as you get back,” she decided with a sharp nod.

“I'll see you then. Try to get to school on time, yeah?” Mamoru smirked, and Usagi shook her head.

“Not your business,” she claimed. Mamoru just chuckled. He glanced at his watch before gently pulling Usagi's hands away from his shirt.

“I'm going to be late.” He gripped her hands for a breath. “I'll see you tomorrow or the day after.” With a final kiss, he turned around and walked toward customs. Usagi stared toward him until he disappeared into the growing twilight shadows of the door.

Submitted by: Sailor Arkas

We received one entry for the contest, so there will be no voting.

However, I will be awarding 10 points (double the usual 5 point value) to anyone who submits constructive feedback for the contest entry author to me via PM. This will be provided anonymously to the writer.

The deadline to submit this feedback and earn the points is the "Voting ends" date of Monday, August 27.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced!   [Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced! I_icon_minitime7th September 2018, 6:48 am

Thank you for entering the contest! Your participation is greatly appreciated!

The winner for August is...

Sailor Arkas!

Congratulations!

[Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced! SoK4lxB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced!   [Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Contest] August 2018: Reverse It - Winner Announced!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top