The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[HC Event] Star Catchers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime16th February 2019, 12:48 pm

Dragon; Kitty, Cassandra and William can hear its voice wrote:
The dragon started to settle, stretching, keeping one yellow eye on them as Shashka pushed herself backward and Cassandra went to her aide. It sat and started inspecting its claws, wiping them off on the grass once before inspecting them again. Apparently able to hear Shashka's question, the dragon lazily answered, "Him? Conjure an illusion as magnificent as I?" It snorted, "Thrice impossible, even with the blood of the defiler coursing through his veins." the moniker was spat with mental contempt, a glare tossed in William's direction as, claws passing inspection, the dragon placed both paws on the hillside. "You are ridiculous, girl. Calm down, I won't eat you.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime16th February 2019, 1:11 pm

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 MtyLMkX

Cassandra held still, uncertain as Shashka maneuvered her way behind, cowered behind. Why was she so afraid? The dragon seemed docile enough at the moment, sitting there upon the hill with no outward appearance of caring about their presence at all.

She understood the feeling of worrying about the dragon, as something with such power and size should be respected. But this did seem rather excessive, even for Shashka.

Shashka's whispered words sunk in after the initial surprise wore off and Cassandra realized then that Shashka was using her as a shield against Leon. Her position left her still vulnerable to the dragon. Despite everything the dragon creature represented, Shashka still found their significantly smaller human friend to be a bigger threat.

A downcast expression pulled at her lips, and she reached down to cover Shashka's grasping hands at her waist with her own. Before she could say anything, the dragon spoke once more, it's great voice rumbling and proud. But also, there was a poisonous anger there too, the kind that brought questions with the contemptuous way it'd been spat.  

But she could only deal with one situation at a time, and friends came first. She put her attention on Shashka once more. "See? The dragon speaks and moves and flies through the sky. Don't worry, we're safe," she promised, lips quirking up into a smile. "It's not Leon. He wouldn't do that to us. And, as you heard, he might not even be able to make something so large and magnificent."  

She turned around then, finding Shashka's gaze directly. "This great creature came from the same place as the Star, you see. The tremors and falling rocks in the cavern? The quakes? All of that was because of this dragon." Cassandra couldn't stop herself but to look once more at the grand creature. "Isn't it all so wonderful?"

A tad terrifying, too, if she were to be honest with herself. But the majesty of it all, the fantastical brought to life, something she'd never ever imagined living and breathing and sparkling in the sun... it all took precedence right now, and the ramifications could wait for a little while longer. Her heart buzzed with trepidation but also excitement.
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime16th February 2019, 1:37 pm

The dragon seemed to pose slightly as Cassandra spoke of it to Shashka. Though it jerked a little at the 'might not' doubt, it recovered at the "great" and "wonderful". This, alongside asking after his name, made it clear that this human was the brightest of the lot.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime16th February 2019, 4:49 pm

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 Js8uiIH

Cassandra was serious, then, her reassuring hand covering Shashka's own. She really just expected Shashka to believe that a two? three? more? ton "dragon" was sitting just near them. Whatever that is doesn't exist, and if it did, it'd eat us. She was about to say as much when Cassandra mentioned the star. She was shocked she'd forgotten it, but then, she had taken a blow to the head. "The star. We got it? Where is it?" She prayed that someone other than William had it, but she knew the answer. If he was making them hallucinate this giant beast, then surely he had taken the star, too.

Last edited by Sailor Jupiter on 17th February 2019, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime16th February 2019, 6:59 pm

Shashka, it seemed, didn't find the situation quite as magical as she did. All business and questions with no pause taken to appreciate the situation they found theirselves in. Still, the Star was a vitally important part of everything. Without that ultimate goal, none of them would even be here. She could understand how the Star earned a special focus, especially seeing as Shashka's injuries kept her dazed through most of everything.

"It's safe, and it's ours," she began, smile growing as she shared news of their victory. The expression lessened in intensity, just a little, as she continued. "Leon's placed it in a hidden pouch inside his cloak. That way it's out of sight when we run into other people. It's the perfect hiding spot."

The memory of confrontation during such a stressful time needled her then, of how Leon spoke words that rang untrue to her when put on the spot. Of how he'd said he needed the Star brought to him as quickly as possible. Her decision to trust her instincts and, in turn, trust him still felt like the right thing to do. But everything leading up to this point, faced pointblank with people who would kill and attack and enslave other people, guided her to go about things with more caution. Something felt off, nagging at her like an itch she couldn't quite reach. But she had no answers, no proof, no true reason for any of those feelings.

What she did have was a growing bond to these people she called friends, a bond once born of necessity that now blossomed into something more concrete after days of travel and countless experiences, both good and bad. And she had the desire to believe in that bond between friends.

"It's safe," she said again, almost more to herself than to Shashka, a reminder of sorts, but the words were strong in their conviction.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime16th February 2019, 8:09 pm

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 GauQv2D

She wasn't much interested in Shashka's 'episode', especially with a dragon following them and then landing somewhere close by. She still didn't know what it wanted, where it came from, or what it had done to William. She also didn't understand how William seemed to so readily accept it. Watching him approach the creature, she tensed, waiting for the worst to happen. She stepped forward to get closer to him, not caring if the dragon was okay with it or not. She needed to protect him. That was what they'd promised to each other. 

Cassandra's words rang behind her, and again she frowned. "It doesn't speak to me," she reiterated, wondering what kind of special powers Cassandra had that allowed her to 'speak' with it. "I don't know what magic you're using, but I still don't hear it talking."

Shashka's search for the star was another cause for alarm, and she eyed the girl, ready to interject in case she argued about wanting to be the one who held the star. William needed it, and if Shashka or anyone else wanted it, they'd have to go through her first.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime17th February 2019, 7:12 am

The Dragon, listening in on Cassandra and Shashka's conversation, narrowed its eyes again on the prince that still approached, but said nothing.

He considered the red-haired girl as she came forward, sizing her up, knowing very little about her as she had such a non-response towards him. Was she submissive, then? To pay no attention to his words because she believed herself to be below the status of the others and thus not able to participate in their conversation? The smart brunette he could understand - she was attempting to deal with the panicked one, but this redhaired girl and the blonde - could they be servants of a sort? He was prepared to dismiss them from his attentions when - 

'It doesn't speak to me.'

Shock radiated up and down his body, from the tip of his nose to the end of his tail, from claw's edge to wing's talon. She couldn't hear him?! No wonder - he wheeled his head around to focus solely on his bonded, snapping irritably, "Such rudeness!" before straightening majestically and actively projecting -
Dragon - all can hear! wrote:
"I beg your pardon, I was unaware some of you you could not hear me," he shot another accusatory glare at William, "I had yet to read your affinities and had made assumptions on your training thusfar, and for that I apologize. Projecting my voice thusly can be tiring, however, so I may later need rely on him or your tall mind-affinity warrior to translate."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime17th February 2019, 7:59 am

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 Zek5Etf
As he approached he carefully considered the creature, looking for insight on how best to interact with it. It cleaned its claws, so either it was sanitizing after a kill in the way that one had to clean their blades after using them, or it was vain and was primping like a lady in court. The way the dragon dismissed the notion that he could create the dragon as an illusion sounded like it was meant as an insult towards him, but did not out of hand reject the notion that conjuring an illusion was, in itself, impossible. Just... impossible for him. Thrice impossible. Still it suggested it was not impossible for others, and that was news to William. Illusions were synonymous with sleight-of-hand tricks, and creating an image so large and detailed seemed far beyond the realm of parlour tricks. The 'blood of the defiler' comment made him pause - it was a moniker he would prefer wasn't attached to him for various reasons, but still as he continued towards the creature he racked his knowledge of family history on both sides to see if any ancestor would fit that description.

Insofar as he knew, his Esorian lineage was clean of acts that would deserve such a title; there were wars, of course, but his understanding of them and the acts that were committed by his forebears - even those not exactly public knowledge - were not as atrocious as to earn the defiler. On his mother's side... some of their traditions were different, some of their customs a little more war-like, but to be remembered as the defiler by a dragon? 

It seemed to preen with Cassandra's compliments. Vain, then. He's dealt with that before. 

Behind him, Shashka asked after the star and Cassandra replied that he had it, and the dragon narrowed its eyes at him. He paused under the scrutiny, meeting its gaze without flinching. He had the star. He needed it. He would help them another way. The dragon turned its attention aside as Saphira approached and commented on how she couldn't hear what the dragon was saying - a phenomenon he couldn't understand, either; he was about to explain when the dragon's serpentine neck redirected its head towards him and irritably snapped at him for his rudeness - his rudeness?! - and then straightened, apparently addressing all of them now. He rolled over the correction in his mind - the dragon had taken it that he had been rude, rather than that the dragon had been rude for not doing this projection trick from the beginning. This suggested higher expectations and a whole slew of etiquette he was not yet privy to and --

The revelation that followed was made so casually. The dragon could read their affinities, and that it had 'made assumptions' about their 'training' suggested that there was training that could be done with affinities beyond the training he received with his grandfather, a notion that, frankly, was unheard of. He committed quickly that the projection was tiring to the dragon, noted the reinforcement that the dragon apparently did not care for him - despite offering him a bond - and that Cassandra was actually mind affinity rather than water, and that was new.

"I apologize for any offense," William said, "It was unintended, and I beg your pardon for my ignorance on this and any other matter of etiquette pertaining to you and your customs; as loathe as I am to say it, knowledge of your kind has been lost to us. I only recognized you from stories my mother used to tell me, though her descriptions did not do you justice." He bowed, something he had only ever done to his father or his grandfather, and started introductions, "I am William Percival Leonidas Solanum-Wenlandii, Prince of Esoria, of Thelline," he straightened, leaving off 'at your service' for the moment. He motioned towards each of his friends and companions in turn. "This is Saphira Vane of Shadeslake, Katherine Davis and Cassandra Bailey of Lorham, and Shashka Ringdotr of Deepwall; we are Star Catchers, on a task to find and return the fallen star to my grandfather in Thelline."

He paused, waiting to see whether the dragon would offer its own name and credentials freely or if he would have to request them.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime17th February 2019, 8:27 am

Dragon, all can hear wrote:
"I know who you are," the dragon sneered with distaste, lowering his head closer to William's level, glaring at him with slitted eyes that seemed to glow from within. "His stench clings to you, his blood flows through your veins. Were it not for the protection you granted me when I was in need, I would have killed you the moment I separated your stench from the Riders. But," he said, mental voice lightening from the low, murderous undertones, "The ancient way is clear in these matters, so you may rest assured I will not attempt to kill you until our bond is dissolved," the dragon straightened and he nodded it towards the group, "And I thank you for the names of these others, who may also live under the protection our bond grants you. Do me nor him harm, and I will have no cause to harm you. 

"I am Kedrok of the Sea and Sky, hatched of Kazul and Tokaz." He flexed his wings, readjusting them before returning them flat to his back, and regarded them.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime17th February 2019, 4:36 pm

And then all of a sudden she heard it. The dragon's voice, so clear in her mind. It almost toppled her over with its suddenness and unexpectedness. She stopped and looked at the dragon, surprised to hear that he could read their affinities. And they could train to hear dragons?! Also, apparently Cassandra's affinity was mind? 

So much information at once.

Now that she could hear the dragon, Saphira could read it better. She was surprised at its formality and relative politeness, and how well-spoken it was. A creature that was not to be underestimated, then. His voice didn't sound old, so while she didn't know how long dragon lifespans were, she guessed that this one was still young. Less experienced, perhaps. Probably hadn't seen as much as he liked to think he had. Certainly the first time meeting people, if he didn't even know he couldn't talk to all of them without this whole projecting thing.

As William introduced himself, the dragon eyed him with disgust, seemingly harboring a grudge against him, or... someone related to him?

In any case, it seemed they were under his protection now. Having such a powerful creature at their disposal would certainly make this journey a lot easier. They no longer had to be worried about highwaymen, slavers, or assassins. Or even bears.

"Pleased to meet you," she volunteered, using her most polite voice that she always reserved for the most important officials. She wondered briefly if the creature would be offended if she suggested it carried them all back to Thelline. Imagine how fast they could get there if... but, wait, William still needed to go alone. That probably wasn't wise anyway.

"The rest of us did not know your kind existed at all. If I may ask, why are you no longer in Esoria?"

She wanted to know what William's family had done to him, too, but one question at a time, she supposed.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime17th February 2019, 5:46 pm

Cassandra revealed the location of the star, and she felt momentarily elated. They'd done it. They'd really done it. But, as usual, Shashka barely had time to take in the new information before something else was happening, and happening big time. A voice, strong and clear, was being spoken inside her head. For a moment she thought she really was losing it, and she glared at William, wishing she could incapacitate him in some way. Surely he couldn't hold such an illusion while, say, asleep or unconscious? She knew for certain that she didn't agree with him holding the star. It may be in his cloak but there was no reason someone else couldn't wear it, that they all couldn't take turns. And it was stupid to give it to the person that everyone was constantly trying to kidnap and murder. That was asking for trouble. But as usual there was no time for talking, because the "dragon" was speaking, to her. She listened to the illusory beast call out Cassandra as having a "mind affinity" and made a mental note to ask about that later. How had William known? He was really going all in on this, talking to his own illusion, making a big show. "This is ridiculous. There's no such thing as a dragon." She pressed on her forehead to fend off her headache. "He's tricking you, can't you see?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime17th February 2019, 7:58 pm

"I am not," William declared definitively without looking back. She had no reason to accept his defense - frankly, if she believed him capable of all this he had little room to clear himself at all in her eyes - but having her go on believing that he could do things he could not and, worse than that, would use those abilities to wield power over them was something he would fight against for as long as he thought there was even a slim chance she would let it go. "I couldn't even if I wanted to, Shashka," he continued, "My affinity may be different than yours, but it has limitations - surely you can see that. If I were so powerful as to project this enormous, fantastic, unbelievable creature into all of your minds all at the same time, why would I not have used that ability yesterday afternoon to spare us that trouble altogether? Or any night before - the wolves, the assassins, the festival at Viachia: would you not agree that a power that could create a talking, breathing, intelligent creature such as Kedrok in the minds of you four be put to use in other ways to smooth this trial out into something much simpler than it has been?" He paused, hoping she would consider that before he finished: "In order to use my ability there are conditions that must be met and a single directive given, and right now I am doing neither to you." He could have shared the conditions - part of him thought it would help, but the other part held tight to caution; no matter what he said, she may choose not to believe him, and then having the fear that he could use this inflated power she imagined him to have could benefit him. Or, at the very least, she wouldn't know exactly what to do to take away his last line of defense should she take it upon herself to attempt to 'free them' from the dragon illusion. 

"Release your paranoia or don't," he finished, "but I would like to listen to what Kedrok has to say, so, if you would, please keep comments about his somehow being a creation of mine to yourself. And don't fall asleep," he added, resisting the urge to turn and check back on her. As much as she irritated him right now, he didn't wish harm to befall her. ... But just how did she think that cave-in happened, anyway? He talked one person into letting them go and suddenly he could cause earthquakes and create dragons but somehow couldn't stop them from being kidnapped by riders yesterday. Honestly.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime17th February 2019, 8:10 pm

Kedrok wrote:
The dragon nodded his head at Saphira Vane's niceties, making changes to his understanding of her moment by moment. He stiffened at her question - Kitty would interpret the subtle motion as anger and shame and fear, though she may not exactly understand how she knew - but in the moment taken to form a response, Shashka Ringdotr's accusation rang out. Kedrok shifted thoughts, ready to repeat what he had said earlier about how that boy could do no such thing - no ability for it, beyond the obvious that he, Kedrok, was beyond the scope of the imagination of even the most talented of human artists - believing he would start where he had before as now she would actually hear it, but as it turned out he need not.

The boy, Leon - or so Kedrok believe he chose to be called via Cassandra Bailey's comments (a smart choice, he thought, seeing as the boy's given name was far too long for standard conversation) - stepped in and attempted to handle it. Enormous, fantastic, unbelievable... Kedrok's brow ridge furrowed. Those were compliments, were they not? Weak ones. He'd let them slide for now. He noted the list of apparent troubles they had faced, though wondered just why the boy had not used his abilities to solve all of that; before long, however, Leon had finished and Kedrok could return his attention to Saphira Vane. 

"I was in Esoria, was I not?" he teased before evening out his tone, "We had made a deal with one we had trusted and were betrayed. That is why."

Last edited by Sailor Uranus on 18th February 2019, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime18th February 2019, 6:17 am

Shashka ignored the "dragon" and its commentary, pressing her palm deeper into her right temple to stop the thrumming. "I don't know what your game is, I don't know why you'd save this for now, but you've been up to something this whole time. You and Saphira. There's something there, something you aren't telling us, and if you want me to believe you, you'll need to tell the truth. The whole truth."

She leaned against Cassandra, tired with the exertion of talking, but it was important to her that she say her piece. She was sick of all the subterfuge and whispering behind backs. It was plain as day that he and Saphira were allied in some way that she didn't understand, that they were purposely keeping the rest of them in the dark. He hadn't told them his real name, hadn't told them about his power. What if his use of it on the one guard had all been an act? Maybe he'd made a show of collapsing, cut his finger and made a blood trail from his nose. She was starting to believe that someone who didn't even tell you their true name upon meeting was someone who had deeper lies, much deeper.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime18th February 2019, 7:47 am

William closed his eyes in frustration the moment she opened her mouth to continue to press the issue. He took in a deep breath in an attempt to preserve peace, but when she asked for something it was apparent she couldn't handle, he clenched his fists and laid what he could out for her. "What I've been 'up to' is trying to find this star with as little hassle as possible. What I've been up to was spreading rumors so I could travel alone specifically so I wouldn't have to deal with anything like this. When that didn't work, what I was up to was giving out a false identity to attempt to protect myself from any unwanted attention or threats, and when that didn't work what I got up to was offering an alliance to exchange a higher chance in finding this star for greater numbers to offset the risks that exposing my identity had brought about. That is the truth." He couldn't believe they were getting into this in front of a dragon.

"All of which I've already told you. What I didn't tell you was that I had this ability because I was afraid that what is happening would happen, and what I haven't told you, Shashka," he said, revealing something to explain away whatever feelings of secrecy she was apparently feeling from them, "is that I do know who sent the contracted killers. Saphira found the papers in one of their bags when she was going for medical supplies and I recognized the symbol. I will not be sharing that information with you as knowledge of who is behind it could mean trouble for all of you later: it's a threat known to my grandfather but not one we would like to publicize. You'll probably be asked about it in Thelline and I'd rather you honestly say you didn't know than chance any other consequence befalling you." He looked back over his shoulder at her, "Is that satisfactory?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime18th February 2019, 10:37 am

"You have some stupid ideas about what being honest does for trust," she muttered at him. She was flagging under the strain of the conversation and was ill equipped to deal with William's venomous outburst.

She wanted to tell him that he could have just told them that earlier, that even that tiny crumb of information would have done heaps to earn her respect and trust. That he had decided he was the one who should make these decisions, alone, didn't bode well. It would have been funny given that everyone gave Shashka grief for not acting as part of the group, but at this stage in the game it was worrisome. What else was he deciding without their consent? What else would he decide when and if they ran into more trouble? Would there be more lies on top of lies? This was not the prince she had imagined when she pictured the gleaming armor of the royal guard. She had thought he would be virtuous at most and noble at the least, but William was proving to be neither, and as they stood apart she saw him only as a selfish and stubborn boy. If their ragtag band were a regiment, he would make for a foolish and ineffective leader. He was choosing to heap himself with responsibility that was meant to be shared. He was putting himself, putting them all at risk with stubborn, selfish ideas of righteousness.

"We can argue about this later. And we will," she said, still rubbing at her head. "When I figure out how to get rid of this headache, I have a lot I want to say to you."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime18th February 2019, 11:35 am

She could see Shashka and William fighting in the background and could not believe the fact that this was happening when there was a dragon that could literally talk to them and a lot of mysteries to be solved.

The creature answered her question, and she inferred that perhaps the person he had trusted and subsequently betrayed him was someone from William's family. Had that caused all the dragons to stop helping Esorians? What exactly happened? Why was the royal family so shady? But it seemed even William had no idea about this history.

She chose to ignored the bickering and focused on the dragon while he was still willing to project his voice. "Were you... asleep, then, when we found you? If so, what woke you? Was it the star?" she asked, wondering if the two of them had some kind of connection to each other.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime18th February 2019, 2:22 pm

Mind affinity?

Cassandra continued to support Shashka's weight, ensuring that the injured girl wouldn't topple over, but she did so almost upon instinct as her head tried to wrap itself around this new information. She'd never known for certain what her affinity was, and despite that one drought, she'd never seen much evidence towards one affinity over another. And truthfully, it wasn't something she cared much about. Growing up, affinities didn't count for much when there were always so many chores to think about, so many tasks to complete.

Still, a part of her wondered. She'd been happy with water affinity, sometimes imagining herself controlling water with a flick of her hand. But affinities weren't like magic, so she'd never given them more than a passing thought.

But she supposed an affinity with mind made sense. She did spend a lot of her time with her own thoughts, her own imagination, conjuring up pictures and stories. Though she did not know what it meant to have a mind affinity, she didn't suspect it mattered much, in the end.

What mattered more was the scenario in front of her.  

As she learned of the dragon's name, a small smile came to her lips. Kedrok of the Sea and Sky. Such a fitting name for so majestic a creature. The sky part was easy to guess at, but Cassandra's mind pondered over the "Sea", imagination latching onto that one detail and expanding it in countless ways. Already pictures played in her mind of the dragon skimming oceans, creating waves of its own. Perhaps he was of a water affinity. Could dragons have affinities? It seemed a bit at odds with those wings, but then, with such power and strength, it was hard to think of anything he wouldn't be able to do.

She wondered if she should bow, as Leon had. But she didn't know how—not properly anyway—and with Shashka leaning upon her, it didn't seem like the right thing to do at the moment. Perhaps she could ask Leon for instructions on a proper bow later.

As an argument struck out between Leon and Shashka, Cassandra could only barely hold back a sigh. She'd never thought that having a group of traveling friends would hold with it so much bickering. Still, while she did not agree with Shashka's observations and conclusions, she did not begrudge the other girl her right to question everything that happened and demand answers. Nor did she begrudge Leon his right to defend himself against Shashka's accusations.  

But did it have to happen in front of Kedrok?

She looked to the large creature, trying to access whether or not the bickering annoyed him. Such a great creature must not care at all about discussions like this. Cassandra hoped he would not leave again so soon because of it. She enjoyed watching him, memorizing the details of his stature, the contours of his face, the glint of his scales.

Kedrok held conversation with Saphira, but Cassandra couldn't stop herself from adding to Saphira's questions with her own statement. "I apologize, Great Kedrok," she said to him. A smile came to her lips, enjoying the way the interesting name rolled off her tongue. The addition of 'great' just seemed natural. "Tensions are high, and I think we could all do with some rest. And... it's not all that uncommon a thing, for us to bicker a bit." She paused. "I apologize again if we say or do anything improperly. None of us have ever met a being like you before, and I think we're in awe right now of everything that's happened. Well, I am, at least. It's a magical experience. Something I'd never even thought to dream of having."

Last edited by Sailor Saturn on 18th February 2019, 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime18th February 2019, 2:23 pm

'And you have some stupid ideas about trusting people with information that could get you or them killed,' William thought hotly, but kept it to himself. If she wanted an argument she'd get one. He kept quiet, tried to be satisfied in that she was apparently done for now, and worked on unclenching his jaw and loosening his fists, staring down at the hillside in front of him. He didn't need this right now, not on top of everything else. He pushed it aside, it and everything else he had done or was planning on doing, and tried to focus on the Dragon, grateful again that Saphira's was who she was and was moving that conversation forward while they can. They had no idea how long Kedrok was going to stay with them and he wanted to know as much as he could about him.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime18th February 2019, 2:30 pm

Kedrok wrote:
Another interruption followed the first as Shashka Ringdotr was dissatisfied with Leon's explanation, hinting at secrets or subterfuge between Leon and Saphira Vane, citing that she wanted those aired before she would believe Leon in that he, the powerful and magnificent Kedrok, was not a figment of her own imagination. He admired standing for correct information, but under what rock did these people live? 
...which was rich, considering where he had been up til now. .... hehehehehee. 

In these desperate times, he was thankful that he could count on himself for his own amusement

She had apparently poked a wound and the little prince went off as though a toy wound up specifically for that purpose. He couldn't say it didn't give him joy - especially at all the apparent failures up to that point - but still he found it odd that he hadn't abused his power to make it easier for him to keep with his original plan. He knew one that would've been capable of that five times over, and done it in such a way that no one would have been the wiser. Was this one's ability that far reduced? ... Good. He noted the bit about the killers after them like someone else would note that there was a fly in the room, and, as their little squabble petered out with Shashka Ringdotr apparently under the weather in some way, he happily returned his attention to the only one who was paying him any attention: Saphira Vane. ! And, as he imagined she would from her earlier praise lavished upon him, Cassandra Bailey, it turned out. 

Great Kedrok had a nice ring to it. She was a good human. "I thank you for your attentions, Cassandra Bailey of Lorham; know that I do not hold..." he rolled his paw generally between Leon and Shashka Ringdotr,  "whatever this is against you." Though she did make him pay a little more attention to their movements and the pallor of their skins; it was obvious that they were, indeed, exhausted. Emotional creatures such as they were, he should cut them a little slack. ... but not too much.

Continuing on as though that little scene had been below notice, he turned his gaze back to Saphira Vane and replied, "I was mostly dead," Kedrok specified with a casual shake of his head. He motioned down towards the silver color that had crept up his scales from practically every extremity, changing their natural hue in a way he found he could not wipe off, "I believe the star had something to do with my resurrection, yes. It landed in just the right spot to feed me the energy I needed to awaken and free myself from the rock. If you were there to remove it, I am grateful to whatever delayed you, else I may still be stuck there - only conscious, rather than mercifully not."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime18th February 2019, 6:03 pm

Saphira noted Cassandra's diplomatic attempt at assuring the dragon that the bickering was... par for the course for them and made sure he wasn't offended, which was another way she had proven herself to be a good diplomat. When this was all over, she wondered if she could 'steal' the girl over to the capital for her ambassador duties, seeing how much she had improved. But then again, she'd probably not want to be far from Kitty, so it was only wishful thinking.

She was surprised to hear that the dragon was mostly dead, and that the star had been powerful enough to give him the energy he needed, and most of all the fact that he'd actually benefitted from them taking so long to get there. But... while she knew the star had powers, William had said his family were the only ones who could use it. Yet apparently now dragons could use them too.

"How were you... mostly dead? What happened? And where are the rest of your kind?" she asked, wondering why no one else was asking anything when there were so many questions to be asked.

Last edited by Sailor Neptune on 19th February 2019, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime18th February 2019, 6:36 pm

Kedrok wrote:
His tone deadened, "A toxic bond, one that never should have happened and will never happen again. I was drained." He said the word as though he expected they would understand its dark meaning, "I imagine by brethren - any that are left - are in the same state, else truly dead. If any of us actually survived I'd expect they are in hiding as far away from here as they could fly."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime18th February 2019, 7:27 pm

Cassandra covered for them and his face reddened in embarrassment. He should have just ignored Shashka - let her think what she wanted and say whatever she liked. He knew it had been a lost cause before he had started talking, and now she still sounded paranoid and he came off as inept and baitable. In front of a dragon. He slowly released his fists and his fingers rubbed against the smooth, cold surfaces of the gems embedded in his left hand, and he further resolved not to something like that get that far again. Kedrok had bonded with him, whatever that meant, despite his apparent relation to the defiler. Already that seemed something major that they would need to address or come to terms with before having any sort of workable relationship, he didn't need to tack on perceived inabilities on top of that. Though the dragon's comment on how he wasn't holding the behavior against Cassandra made it somewhat obvious whom he did blame it on. 

He thought Saphira's questions were wisely chosen, and appreciated that she made no question of 'the defiler', though he knew she was probably as eager to get to the bottom of that as he was. As the dragon responded, outlining how he had been brought back through the power of the star, William couldn't help but pay attention to the weight between his shoulders; it had revived the dragon. Surely that meant it was powerful enough for what he needed it to do. Kedrok's answer to Saphira's follow-up at least hinted a bit at how the defiler got his name, at least: a toxic bond, one that had... the power to drain the dragon? Of what? Energy? His brows furrowed, thinking it through, reasoning it out as best he could on assumptions. 

Kedrok had made a bad bond - supposedly with an ancestor of his that Kedrok called 'the defiler' - and was drained, supposedly through the bond? By the bond? By the person he was bonded to? And ended up in a state that made him mostly dead in a hillside in the middle of nowhere near the Ko'bek border. However many years later, the star - a source of power and energy for his family - lands nearby and the dragon used the energy of the star to revive itself after about a month of exposure. Which could mean that... 

"What does a bond entail?" he asked, looking up to catch the Dragon's eye, "And what makes a bond toxic?

Kedrok wrote:
The dragon regarded him critically, figuring that the toxic and draining would catch his attention. "Our lifeforces are linked. Through the bond I can lend you my strength and bolster your affinity, but only for so long as the bond is maintained. I owe you a life debt, Leon, but the moment that debt has been repaid I will cut the bond and leave. Nevermind the toxic bond - I will not allow it to happen again." Not that it even could now. "Shall we begin negotiations for the specifics now? Mind you, should you have no goals for which my talents may be of use, the longest I will stand to stay is 20 years, and I reserve the right to override any tasks I deem below my station, my rank, or my honor."

Lend him the dragon's strength? Bolster his affinity?! Suddenly... suddenly things didn't seem so dire. With the star and Kedrok supporting him, he could... He could actually survive this. He looked to Saphira with a tentative, relieved smile, wanting someone to silently celebrate this newfound hope with him. It was still risky. He may still have to implement the original plan, but now the chances that he could succeed and actually guarantee their wishes came true was suddenly less than dismal. This could end well

"Later, if we could," he replied, though he knew exactly what his goal would be. He just didn't want to share it with the others unless the outcome was practically guaranteed in his favor. He wouldn't risk them. He'd just... have to try to catch the dragon alone to speak with him in private. ... if that could happen out here.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime18th February 2019, 7:57 pm

So whatever happened had... wiped out the entire dragon race?! No wonder he was so angry. But... was it all because of one person? If so, how could he have caused all of the dragons to be in the same state? Had this one person somehow commanded all the dragons? Or maybe his entire family did. Either way, that seemed like part of William's personal history, and she did not want to dig it up here in front of the others. There was clearly a lot more sinister things in his royal bloodline than what he'd suspected, and she was afraid for what it would mean if they all found out the truth.

He finally asked his own questions, though the dragon dodged the second one. The first, though... the dragon could bolster his affinity. That would mean... that would mean he might actually be able to do all the crazy things Shashka was talking about, with the help of the dragon, while no longer draining himself. Saphira was afraid what Shashka would think hearing that. She was already paranoid enough about what William could do now, but the idea of it being bolstered?

She wouldn't mind having her own luck bolstered to help him with his mission, but something told her a dragon couldn't be bonded with two people at once.

And twenty years was a heck of a long time to have a dragon back-up. He must have longer lifespans than humans to want to stay that long.

William chose not to discuss the terms now, and she figured he wouldn't want to talk about his true goal in front of the others.

"Do you have some way of calling each other when you're far? Or are you going to continue following us through our journey back to Thelline?" she asked Kedrok, figuring they'd better start that journey back to the capital.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime18th February 2019, 8:16 pm

Kedrok wrote:
The dragon eyed the prince, but as Saphira moved forward with another question he let it go. "There are means of communication that can be established, but for now I'll be following. If he dies I die, and if you are being hunted I will keep you in sight for as long as it is feasible to do so."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime19th February 2019, 6:48 am

The dragon stayed, and relief washed over her. The very idea that they might offend the grand creature with their arguments had bothered her, but this bond... this bond seemed far stronger than she'd realized. Leon and Kedrok were interconnected now, their lives one and the same.

The idea that there were more of these dragons lying dormant wasn't something she'd even begun to think about. Accepting Kedrok's presence alone, realizing that it was not a figment of her imagination after all, had taken some time. But there were more somewhere, alone and hidden and nearly dead. How sad... Were dragons kindred? Would Kedrok want to find them? Help them?

Somehow, she did not feel the need to ask. Not yet. Perhaps one dragon they weren't sure how to handle was enough for now. Once Leon's bond with Kedrok ended, perhaps Kedrok would find a way. And wouldn't that be wonderful? To look up towards the sky and not see clouds but dragons.

She allowed herself a moment to think about this possibility before bringing herself back to reality. She looked to Leon as he did not jump at the chance to negotiate with Kedrok. It seemed at odds, considering how little they all knew about this bond between the two, and how knowing the answers—or at least some answers—would be very beneficial. Plus, to rebuke against Kedrok's suggestion also seemed to go against Leon's earlier bowing and subservient behavior towards the proud and powerful creature.

Her lips twisted into a frown, but she did not say anything.

Instead, she turned back towards the ongoing conversation. Hearing how Kedrok would stay with them, follow them back home, was a great relief once more. Maybe he would even allow them to speak with him throughout the journey. Just think of the stories he must have to tell. And, she supposed, having a powerful creature like Kedrok at their side would make the journey far more safe.

A question came to the forefront then, one she almost did not want to ask for fear the answer and how it might affect their own goals. But to know the answer was far better than to leave it unknown. "Do you still have need of the Star that woke you?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime19th February 2019, 9:24 am

Shashka snorted to herself at the idea that William was trying to act secretive even with a figment of their, er, his imagination. The whole thing was ridiculous and she couldn't believe that everyone was just going right along with it. Wasn't anyone concerned by William's power? Cassandra was too trusting, Kitty too simple, and Saphira too up William's butt to do anything but side with him. Even in a group of people, Shashka was on her own.

She tried to think about her next moves. Outright disagreement just wasn't working. Whatever hold he had on the group was too strong. Was it her stubbornness that had spared her, or that fact that she had been knocked out and therefore not privy to whatever magic William had woven? It didn't really matter. Frustrated, she resolved to wait and watch. An opportunity to test or best him would have to come around sooner or later... but then, she'd need him to be at a disadvantage. His combat skills were too great and she didn't have Saphira's manipulative and calculating mind. She wasn't going to trap him politically. She sighed quietly. Why was everything always so complicated?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime19th February 2019, 11:13 am

Kedrok wrote:
He considered Cassandra Bailey's question, cocking his head to the side to feel the wind, to smell it for the scent of water, and then shook his head negatively. "I have no more need of it. It provided energy for life - for my stores to be restored" hahahah "I need only spend more time in my elements. Give me a week, maybe less, and I'll be up to standards again."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime19th February 2019, 12:32 pm

Well... that explained the caveat Kedrok had made earlier about his protection. It was reassuring, anyway. And if things progressed negatively in Thelline, they could cut the bond and Kedrok could go free. He'd negotiate the terms with him specifically for that encounter, anyway; even if they were unsuccessful then he would have no regrets as he would have tried more than he had thought possible starting out. He continued to consider it: the dragon and the star, together. Surely that would be enough -

Cassandra's question gave him pause, but he worked past it easily. In negotiations he could request use of the star during the confrontation and then --

but... he didn't need the star? "The energy for life verses the energy for your "stores" - when you are back up to your standards again," he asked, unsure if his wording sounded anything near what he intended to ask but moving forward anyway, "would your power be stronger than that of the star?"

Kedrok wrote:
The dragon scoffed, bragging "Without a doubt. Starstones are useful in a pinch but they are nothing compared to a dragon's elemental strength."
The star was nothing compared to his strength once fully recovered? His heart beating faster, he continued, "And I, being bonded to you - would that power be available to me?"
Kedrok wrote:
He stiffened, looking down at his bonded prince critically, something unpleasant curling in his belly. Tradition dictated the role of the bond. His honor would not allow him to forsake it. ... He could control him. He would control him. "If I find the cause worthy," he replied, affirming while setting boundaries.
He nodded, awash with relief. He could do it. It could happen. He could stop it from progressing. He could save them. He could save himself. Sensing suspicion in the dragon's tone that he did not want to let fester, he took a leap. "I'd like to negotiate terms. Help me overpower my grandfather to force him to stop willfully molding the minds of my father and brother, cancel the contract he called out on me, and allow me to survive to eventually ascend the throne when my father is ready to retire. Assist me in this and I will consider the terms of this bond met and lifedebt repaid."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime19th February 2019, 12:59 pm

Kedrok wrote:
He considered, but honestly it didn't take him long to decide. The boy could have asked for worse - he could have asked for the full 20 years. He could have asked to go to war. He could have asked to take over the kingdom, stealing it from the proper line of succession, and instead all he asked of him, Kedrok, was to help overpower his grandfather to make him be decent. If it were any other person this would hardly be an honorable trade - he would have had to reject the terms outright. His life was worth far more than three favors forced upon one person, but this one person came with a small issue: his grandfather was of the Defiler's line, which meant he had also been trained in Willpower. It would not be so easy to overpower him. Heh. If he was not powered by one such as I. Judging solely on what this Leon Prince had done and not done so far with his abilities, Kedrok could safely assume the true extent of the art had been lost to the generations. This would be easy.

And it came with the benefit of sticking it to a descendant of the Defiler. One that he had not been forced to bond himself to. He very much enjoyed that idea.

...which made the deal a little less fair again. "I will assist you in what you ask, but as I would take joy in this task the balance has not yet been filled. Consider an additional task and I will weigh it against what is owed, else accept an offer of 5 years on top of messing with the King. Think well," he added, looking to the sky, his wings itching to stretch once again. "I'll return later.

And with that, he pushed off against the hillside and took to the skies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 27 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[HC Event] Star Catchers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top