The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

[Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? Empty
PostSubject: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime16th May 2018, 8:41 am

Ami Mizuno is absurdly wealthy and crazy smart, so... what is she doing at Juuban high? She certainly could pay for Mugen Academy's tuition, and she certainly has genius level brains. You could argue that she wanted to be with her friends, but Rei doesn't make this same choice. In reality it's probably that Naoko only made up Mugen Academy when she decided on the tie in story for the outers, but I like to make up in-world reasons. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime16th May 2018, 9:01 am

wasn't the academy where she got her powers in the first place and went through that scary moment?

I mean granted she is the things you mentioned but I think it would have been her school if Usagi never was around..
Back to top Go down
SushiRoll
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime16th May 2018, 9:11 am

@Sports I think you’re thinking of Crystal Seminar, Ami’s cram school where she was awakened as a Sailor Soldier? Mugen Academy was where Haruka, Michiru, Hotaru and the Witches 5 attended and was run by Dr. Tomoe
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime16th May 2018, 9:21 am

I wanna say that Ami did hear about Mugen Academy and its prestige, but she probably also heard about how ultra-competitive and cut-throat the place is (not to mention the unhealthy degree of "school spirit" that the academy expects from its students and alumni), and decided that sort of environment wasn't for her, and that she's fine with how she'd been studying up 'til now.

My high school is kinda like Mugen, in the sense that we are very highly ranked academically, but students who aren't as academically inclined and/or can't keep up the pace tends to get passed over and ignored by the teachers, and there is a very annoying over-achievers attitude among the student body (heck, we had/have an SAT Club, which I only realized wasn't a normal thing at every high school until I went to college).
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime16th May 2018, 10:00 am

Isn't Ami somewhat surprised to learn more about the place when she tours the school? I feel like the Academy managed to be somewhat "under the radar" until the Death Busters arc begins. Perhaps the scandal from the accident that killed Professor Tomoe's wife had enough of an impact to keep Ami and her mother from considering the place as a legitimate opportunity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime16th May 2018, 10:35 am

SushiRoll wrote:
@Sports I think you’re thinking of Crystal Seminar, Ami’s cram school where she was awakened as a Sailor Soldier? Mugen Academy was where Haruka, Michiru, Hotaru and the Witches 5 attended and was run by  Dr. Tomoe
oh yeah..thanks SushiRoll
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime16th May 2018, 10:36 am

It was stated by Umino in act 27 thst it's a newly established school, so there's no surprise she wouldn't have gone. Mamoru even mentioned He's never seen the uniform before. 
And before high school the school was destroyed, so it would make no sense for her to take an entrance exam into a pile of rubble.
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime16th May 2018, 11:37 am

Aahhh yeah I was about to sya. I kinda remembered something like that too from the manga! Like they kept saying something along the lines that it felt like it just warped out of no where.

Starchild wrote:
so it would make no sense for her to take an entrance exam into a pile of rubble.

Unless you are Andi and want to study the pile of rocks. [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? 3884866259

Back to top Go down
cardea
Lotus Crystal

cardea

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime16th May 2018, 12:37 pm

All these are good reasons, but the situation in general reminds me of a kid I went to school with... he and I were the top 2 students in our grade since elementary school. When it was time to consider high schools, our district has zoned high schools, private high schools (most of which have affiliated elementary/middle schools), and a few magnet high schools which are public but unzoned and have different specialties. My siblings had gone to one of these magnet schools, and I went as well, which was expected. Everyone was surprised to hear that Elijah was going to his zoned school, but his reasoning was he wasn't better than anyone else and he could still achieve his goals even without going to some fancy school. (I say this, but our school wasn't particularly fancy; the building was falling apart... but still, you get the idea.)

Anyways, I could see Ami having a similar mindset! In addition to wanting to stick with her friends, she's pretty down to earth, so I could see the snobby atmosphere of Mugen putting her off, similar to how she preferred to use her own study methods as opposed to the Crystal Seminar. She's smart and she has big dreams, but I think she prefers to reach them at her own pace with her own methods rather than how other people think she should.
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime16th May 2018, 1:14 pm

Iirc though, at least in Crystal she was considering attending Mugen.
Spoiler:

But, as mentioned above, she simply did not have the opportunity to make the switch before everything plot-wise went down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
SushiRoll
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime16th May 2018, 4:06 pm

^I think Ami considering Mugen was in the 90s anime and the dub as well?
Back to top Go down
Prince Triton
Pyramidal Crystal

Prince Triton

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime16th May 2018, 6:05 pm

^Also in the Manga iirc.
Back to top Go down
SushiRoll
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime16th May 2018, 6:08 pm

Oops I meant to say manga not dub thanks Prince Triton!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime16th May 2018, 6:14 pm

SushiRoll wrote:
^I think Ami considering Mugen was in the 90s anime and the dub as well?

Prince Triton wrote:
^Also in the Manga iirc.

I didn't get a chance to take screenshots and post here cause work was busy earlier but from what I saw while skimming through the manga real quick made it seem that Ami wasn't aware of Infinity Academy prior to the start of the arc and we know the Deathbusters had been established for at least several months if not longer, considering the time Tomoe put into developing Hotaru's body and daimon's. Then there's instances of non Senshi characters, noting that the area seemed weird, like the space was warped, etc. To me it, I always took it as the Infinity area just sort of appeared out of no where.

Buuut that's just my interpretation I guess. What specific parts of the manga was Ami considering Infinity? Cause I don't recall that. xD

As far as anime goes, it's been quite some time since I watched S so I don't really have an answer. She may or may not have there.
Back to top Go down
Prince Triton
Pyramidal Crystal

Prince Triton

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime16th May 2018, 6:21 pm

That part where she infiltrates and then goes all nerdgasm on the academy. But yeah it's like it was a spur of the moment rather than a thought-over decision
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime16th May 2018, 6:55 pm

She did mention something when I was re-reading it about how amazing it was and Yui asked her if she was planning on taking the entrance exams. But I believe it was actually Yui who brought up her taking the exam.
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime16th May 2018, 9:01 pm

So it looks like in Crystal (ep31) she enrolled in the Mugen *Prep School* first to find the girl getting top in the Nationwide Mock Exams. Then Viluy appears, talks up Mugen Academy proper and invites her to the school. My impression that she wants to go for herself was apparently based solely on her expression in this frame which is far from definitive evidence XD:
[Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? EyPKm3l

Oh well ^^;;. Can't win em all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official PGSM Zoisite

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime17th May 2018, 1:41 am

I am ok with Cardea. Ami love school but it's a simply girl, shy and she prefer a little school. But mugen academy i think it's like a dream for her because of there is lots of stuff, good students,...
Back to top Go down
SushiRoll
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime17th May 2018, 6:28 am

Just to clarify (it’s been a while since I watched anything past R or read the manga)

Mugen Academy didn’t exist until S/the Infinity arc

It was destroyed at the end of the arc so Ami couldn’t have enrolled in there for high school upon finishing middle school?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime17th May 2018, 11:18 am

Yep. That's why Haruka and Michiru end up attending Juban in the Stars arc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?   [Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Why didn't Ami go to Mugen/Infinity Academy?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top