The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Image Hosting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

Image Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Image Hosting   Image Hosting I_icon_minitime16th April 2018, 6:07 am

Hello!

I've been around for a while, and I thought I knew how to host images, but apparently I don't, so I need some help.

I'm trying to host my Mars Admin Stamp so that I can put it into my gallery. I've tried Tinypic, Imgur, and Photobucket, and none of them are working. I just keep getting little blue squares with a question mark inside. 

Help? xD

Last edited by Lyssarie on 16th April 2018, 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

Inner Senshi Admin   Graphics Director

Title : Ally-Cat ♡ॢ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎. Wolf-sissy to yunbuns. ♥

Image Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting I_icon_minitime16th April 2018, 6:14 am

You mean you cannot upload them to Imgur (which is pretty much the best option in my opinion), because it doesn't show up after you uploaded it? (like an "error" message?)

Had this issue already, but I think it might be something with the .gif-file? If animated graphics do not work in Imgur, I usually always use Abload.de, which is a german image uploader, but its ALWAYS doing it's work.

I unfortunately do not know any other oprion besides imgur :/
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

Image Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting I_icon_minitime16th April 2018, 6:19 am

That worked - thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

Image Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting I_icon_minitime16th April 2018, 6:21 am

Could be the way you put in the code, too. Those sites tend to not give you the direct link to the image and instead gives you a link to their website where you can then see it. Make sure whatever code you're inputting ends in .png or .jpg or whatever the image file type is. IIRC Imgur has a direct BB Code link that you just need to copy-paste too.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

Inner Senshi Admin   Graphics Director

Title : Ally-Cat ♡ॢ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎. Wolf-sissy to yunbuns. ♥

Image Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting I_icon_minitime16th April 2018, 6:22 am

Glad it helped! No problem at all!! <3
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Image Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting I_icon_minitime16th April 2018, 10:37 am

Sailor Neptune wrote:
Could be the way you put in the code, too. Those sites tend to not give you the direct link to the image and instead gives you a link to their website where you can then see it. Make sure whatever code you're inputting ends in .png or .jpg or whatever the image file type is. IIRC Imgur has a direct BB Code link that you just need to copy-paste too.

^^^What Bubbles said. I have to use the BBcode Imgur provides because right click and copying the image location doesn't seem to work anymore. But all of my stamps and other forum stuff are hosted on imgur. I've also used the one that Forummotion is connected with, servimg.com

Image Hosting Captur13

You can upload images using the first button on the left in that bar. Though, I'll note that I much prefer Imgur just because you can organize by albums and stuff. Servimg has like no organization that I can figure out. XD I only use it when I'm being lazy and don't feel like opening up imgur. lol
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

Image Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting I_icon_minitime16th April 2018, 10:45 am

Brit-chan wrote:
Sailor Neptune wrote:

^^^What Bubbles said. I have to use the BBcode Imgur provides because right click and copying the image location doesn't seem to work anymore. But all of my stamps and other forum stuff are hosted on imgur. I've also used the one that Forummotion is connected with, servimg.com

Image Hosting Captur13

You can upload images using the first button on the left in that bar.  Though, I'll note that I much prefer Imgur just because you can organize by albums and stuff. Servimg has like no organization that I can figure out. XD I only use it when I'm being lazy and don't feel like opening up imgur. lol

If you do use the servimg.com host through forummotion, you should just be aware that it will upload everything in JPEG format which makes it lose quality, so if someone sent you something nice to use like a sig, you probably want to host it elsewhere! ;D
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

Image Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting I_icon_minitime16th April 2018, 1:39 pm

Came in here to offer advice, and learned something instead. plus the issue was resolved before I got here.

I had no idea servimg makes them lose quality. Is that a recent thing, or has it been doing that all along? I've personally never noticed the difference.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

Image Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting I_icon_minitime16th April 2018, 7:34 pm

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
Came in here to offer advice, and learned something instead. plus the issue was resolved before I got here.

I had no idea servimg makes them lose quality. Is that a recent thing, or has it been doing that all along? I've personally never noticed the difference.

It's been like that all along! I suspect it turns things into JPEG to save on space? I don't know for sure though.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Image Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting I_icon_minitime16th April 2018, 7:42 pm

I know when you upload it gives you options for resizing and you can at least tell it to not resize, but I never noticed that it automatically made everything jpegs, i guess with the exception of gifs. D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Image Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Image Hosting

View previous topic View next topic Back to top