The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Share the Music that Inspires You!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

Share the Music that Inspires You! Empty
PostSubject: Share the Music that Inspires You!   Share the Music that Inspires You! I_icon_minitime30th January 2018, 9:10 am

One of the things that was mentioned in our recent Discord Discussion Night was music and the way our members use it when writing! Music is very popular!

• Share links to songs that you find inspiring
• Mention how you use music when writing
• Discuss the type of music you prefer as inspiration
• Share articles to other writers' comments on music and writing

(Please follow the forum's PG-13 guidelines!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Share the Music that Inspires You!   Share the Music that Inspires You! I_icon_minitime30th January 2018, 3:34 pm

Share links to songs that you find inspiring:
Anything from the SaGa series really, but the soundtrack from Unlimited SaGa is probably my favorite (even though I don't really like the game xD) because it is so relaxing for the most part. It's such a good soundtrack to have on in the background. I tend to listen to it a lot while I'm writing up my reports for work. I get instant concentration from it. xD

I couldn't find the other specific track I had in mind, so here's the entire soundtrack! xD

Mention how you use music when writing:
I usually try to find an extended version of the song I feel like listening to, and then I just leave it on indefinitely in the background. Eventually, I just forget that it is there because I'm so focused on what I'm writing!

When I'm writing for roleplays, I try to listen to something relevant to the series of the character I'm portraying. Character themes ftw! For the Dissidia Multiverse RP, I've been listening to different versions of Rocbouquet's battle theme whenever I have to write battle actions! xD It helps me out a lot hahaha!

Discuss the type of music you prefer as inspiration:
It really depends on what I'm going for. Usually nothing with words though, as lyrics tend to distract me from writing! xD I try to listen to music that sets the mood for the characters or settings that I'm trying to portray. So for example, if I were writing about a royal mansion, I would probably listen to one of those elegant classical marches. However, if I were writing about a club, that would be the last thing I'd want to listen to! Hahaha!
Back to top Go down
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

Title : Elite Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Share the Music that Inspires You!   Share the Music that Inspires You! I_icon_minitime31st January 2018, 12:58 am

It's a shame I missed this in the discussion. ^^;

Share links to songs that you find inspiring:
Any music really can inspire me. For the most part the music that inspired my the most is music from Jean Michel Jarre and recently the FourPlay String Quartet.
the Aero version of Oxygene 2 inspired the prologue and the opening scene in Chapter 1 of Sailor Moon X.

Empire Ants inspired Nari's transformation sequence in Chapter 8.

Moon Over the Moldau is a recent inspiration for a Christmas story for a friend. It's one of my favorite scenes I've ever written.

Mention how you use music when writing:
I use music to inspire my work in a couple of ways, it was my muse for my fractal art before and I'm experimenting with it now in writing. Whenever I want to feature music in my work I begin by coming up with basic plot points for where I want my story or chapter to go. Then I go through my playlist of music and find the best pieces of music it in their way evoke the same feelings I want in the writing. Then as I write the story proper I listen to the music and let it inspire the finer details of the writing itself. I use this method for the Timelines chapters of my fanfiction; the only one available right now in Galaxy Cauldron is Makoto but playlists have been made for Setsuna, Rei and Michiru as well as plans for the rest of the senshi.
However in some situations I write the scene and all of a sudden a song enters my mind and starts to inspire me even more. In cases like that I turn on the music and just keep going, usually to good effect. Whenever I write with musical inspiration I add a link to the music in order for readers to experience the music as well as read the story, I feel that the reader benefits from listening to the music as well as reading the story the music inspired.

Discuss the type of music you prefer as inspiration:
Well it depends on the story really. I'm currently writing a romantic drama with psychological themes and I noticed that I seem to be inspired from Jarre's music a bit, but that could be due to the fact that it was the music the inspired me most of all in my fractal art. My Christmas story was very inspired by the FourPlay String Quartet and it's jaunty and unusual music. However Sailor Moon X is beyond a doubt the best representation of my preferences; all music inspires me, therefore all different types of music features. The is especially apparent in Timelines chapters were a playlist is specifically created for each senshi; Makoto is a Gorillaz fan, Setsuna loves Modern Orchestral - Jim Meacock's 'the Planets Soundtrack' features for her, Michiru is addicted to the Fourplay String Quartet, Hotaru listens to electronic music such as Daft Punk and Jean Michel Jarre, Minako loves a mix of early Gorillaz and Moby.
Back to top Go down
http://droid24747.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Share the Music that Inspires You!   Share the Music that Inspires You! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Share the Music that Inspires You!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top