The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime10th November 2016, 4:33 pm

Buy Ford's Fusion Dream, Sailor Moon Says!  Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream 3884866259
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime10th November 2016, 4:38 pm

Lol I saw this in my news feed.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime10th November 2016, 6:20 pm

I'm crying with laughter, Ford what the heck? Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream 3884866259
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
RutleJake
Lotus Crystal

RutleJake

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime10th November 2016, 6:52 pm

What on earth?
Thought Usagi would be a Toyota/Lexus person....Oh, well!
Back to top Go down
http://jacobchu.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS0LJZN3ouyvCZFAG_FxwEw
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime13th November 2016, 5:57 pm

Lmao! Who created this?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime13th November 2016, 9:58 pm

This honestly made me so mad when I saw this. This is an actual ad Ford posted on their Facebook page. Like... no. No thank you. No. XD

Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream Lsski
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime13th November 2016, 10:48 pm

^Lol Jupi. How did it make you mad, if you don't mind me asking? Was it that they were using Sailor Moon a marketing tactic? I'll admit, I'm not too keen on that idea, but the clip was just so funny and out there that I gave 'em a pass. Razz

Starting to wonder if they have a moonie on their marketing campaign, considering that this was rather spot-on for an advert. I wish we knew more about the group that decided to greenlight the vid.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime14th November 2016, 7:31 am

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
^Lol Jupi. How did it make you mad, if you don't mind me asking? Was it that they were using Sailor Moon a marketing tactic? I'll admit, I'm not too keen on that idea, but the clip was just so funny and out there that I gave 'em a pass. Razz

Starting to wonder if they have a moonie on their marketing campaign, considering that this was rather spot-on for an advert. I wish we knew more about the group that decided to greenlight the vid.

I just felt like it was super out of touch. It seemed like something some marketing giant thought up. "Just slap Sailor Moon on it! It'll go viral! We'll sell a bunch of cars and tires!" Like what on earth does SM have to do with Ford trucks. Like at least use Haruka and it might make sense, but then it wouldn't go as viral would it.... Don't do that to my moon princess! XD
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime14th November 2016, 8:57 am

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Cosmos-Hime wrote:

I just felt like it was super out of touch. It seemed like something some marketing giant thought up. "Just slap Sailor Moon on it! It'll go viral! We'll sell a bunch of cars and tires!" Like what on earth does SM have to do with Ford trucks. Like at least use Haruka and it might make sense, but then it wouldn't go as viral would it.... Don't do that to my moon princess! XD
its kinda funny but i agree with Jupiter. they should have used Haruka but yeah.
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime14th November 2016, 9:07 am

They're not just doing Sailor Moon though? These ads seem to be specifically marketed towards people who grew up in the 90s because there is also a DBZ, Captain Planet, and Metal Gear Solid ad too.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime14th November 2016, 9:24 am

Of course, from a storyline perspective, Haruka makes sense. But, Usagi is far more recognizable than Haruka. If you wanted to reach out to someone via nostalgia, then it would be more effective to do so using the main character, especially when the main character has a recognizable hair stye.

Because, if you think about it, they want to reach out to a broader audience than hardcore Sailor Moon fans. They also want to reach out to the people that may only vaguely recognize her and the people that used to like the show, but haven't seen it in years.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime14th November 2016, 12:05 pm

Luna wrote:
Of course, from a storyline perspective, Haruka makes sense. But, Usagi is far more recognizable than Haruka. If you wanted to reach out to someone via nostalgia, then it would be more effective to do so using the main character, especially when the main character has a recognizable hair stye.

Because, if you think about it, they want to reach out to a broader audience than hardcore Sailor Moon fans. They also want to reach out to the people that may only vaguely recognize her and the people that used to like the show, but haven't seen it in years.

Definitely. My whole issue is, why do I want to see Sailor Moon advertising Ford trucks? I don't. XD I feel that there are products and brands more applicable to being paired with Sailor Moon. It's just weird and jarring imo. It's like if she were advertising a brand of tuna or something, my reaction was just, "What? No... This is misplaced advertising."
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime14th November 2016, 12:23 pm

Lmao, that I understand. It definitely appealed to my nostalgia, but it wouldn't be the first anime or manga I associate with cars.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime15th November 2016, 5:27 pm

The commercial was very good...she fantasizes a car like she does with Tuxedo Mask or Mamoru. Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream 1955989781 The constellations Sagittarius and Libra (with Scorpio in between) are found in the northern summer evening sky. I wish Usagi can "sail" across the night sky in her new Ford Fusion (LOL).
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime2nd December 2016, 7:25 pm

They made a second one.
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime2nd December 2016, 7:30 pm

omg that is all
Back to top Go down
KuroKari
Star Seed

KuroKari

Star Seed

Title : It is a Cold-Hearted and Merciless Caesar who will take you out to Crown Fruit Parlor!

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime28th December 2016, 11:55 am

Yeah, Ford has been running a commercial campaign using overdubs of anime that got popular over here in the '90s. There are a couple using Dragon Ball Z as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream

View previous topic View next topic Back to top