The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Sun

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mishi_hime
Star Seed

mishi_hime

Star Seed

Title : トウイエライト・フラッシュ

Sailor Sun  Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Sun    Sailor Sun  I_icon_minitime13th February 2012, 8:24 am

This is Sailor Sun, one of the first OC's I created around 1999 or so.  I know there are a lot of 'Sailor Sun's floating around there and it's kinda cliche to create one, but I've spent a lot of time developing her. Let me know what you think of her! Update: New art added! (Oct 2013)
Sailor Sun  Sailor_sun___reference_sheet_by_mishi_unloved-d4l44q8

Sailor Sun  _miss_top_senshi_r1___sailor_sun_by_mishihime-d5uvybe

Sailor Sun  4011577294 Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon - Alternate Story R

Sailor Sun's story occurs in a alternative timeline in the Sailor Moon Series after the inner senshi defeat Beryl. The events of R are altered. The seasons of Sailor Moon S, SuperS and StarS, never occur. The outer senshi (Uranus, Neptune, Saturn, Pluto) are different from canon. Instead of Sailor Chibi Moon, Sailor Sun shares a lot of similarities and mirrors Sailor Moon.
Sailor Sun / Starlight is the Senshi of the Sun, Princess of Sundaria and holder of the Golden Crystal (instead of Endymion) Like the other senshi in our solar system, she was reborn after the fall of the Silver Millennium. Upon awakening at age 15, she is given the task to find / lead the Outer Senshi and fight a new enemy. Similar to Venus, she provides support and temporary leadership for Sailor Moon. At first, she has no civilian name so she goes by Starlight, derivative of her original Sundarian Name.

Sailor Sun  4011577294 Sailor Sun / Super Sailor Sun / Eternal Sailor Sun Sailor Sun  4011577294 

Name: Unknown. Goes by the alias of "Starlight"
Age: Appears to have a 15 year old body. However, it has been kept asleep for centuries so actuality she is much older. 
Birthday: None. The computer has determined that physiologically, Starlight is one year older than the inner senshi at this time. 
Race: Sundarian. Not reborn as human.
Flower: Yellow Rose
Gemstone: Yellow Topaz, Sunstone
Hobbies: Playing games, exploring, going out, hanging with friends
Ambition: To rebuild the Kingdom of Sundaria, become Queen, and restore the peaceful Silver Millenium.
Positive Traits: Strong defense, Hospitable, Exciting personality,
Negative Traits: Risky, rebellious, egocentric, aloof, destructive
Occupation: Student / Princess of Sundaria / Senshi of the Sun.
Element: Light. Not Fire.
Likes: As much as the life of a senshi is difficult, burdensome and lonely she fully enjoys it. Even though her memory is fuzzy, she can recall the life she led as princess, being reduced to a mere beautiful socialite, never accomplishing anything. The adventure here in this new world, the heat of battle, these are all things that make her feel 'alive'. 
She loves slipping out into the night every chance she gets, meeting new people and discovering the night life. This planet amazes her and she hopes one day to really connect with someone on it. Also, she enjoys the feel of leaping and falling off tall buildings. Most of the time she is rather high up, looking out at the people or sky. 

Dislikes: After her 'rebirth' (which was really just waking up to discover that most of her body had been replaced with essentially computer parts) Sailor Sun leads a very restrictive life solely focusing on her duties as senshi. She is forced to spend most of her time residing in a small inter-dimensional space, invisible to human eyes. She detests being constantly restrained by the computer in what feels like a prison. The lack of freedom is almost madding and she hates it more than anything else. 
The other thing that really bothers her is the loss of her country, the Kingdom of Sundaria. She still doesn't really have much memory or knowledge of what happened to end the peace of the Silver Millennium. Secretly, she is a bit jealous that Usagi and the inner senshi had the privilege of enjoying a happy life on this planet, while she was denied the same luxury. Sometimes, when she sees the people of Earth having what looks like a carefree existence, she gets a little depressed. 

Personality: Starlight is a bit cold in the beginning of my fan story. She has just lost her home and is thrust into a strange alien planet where she knows literally no one, so it's understandable. With her new cybernetic body, she also has difficulty knowing herself so she always seems very detached compared to the other senshi.
Normally, she has a very exciting, intense and rebellious personality. She is willing to take large risks and fight alone without fear of self harm. Right now, she is not yet a leader (but one day she will be). For now, she is content to hiding in the shadows, searching for what must be found, carefully watching over the city as a silent protector. Eventually, she will come to know the world around her, become very social able and enjoy trying many of the strange things Earth has to offer (thank you, Usagi). 

Powers
Attacks
In Sailor Moon R - Alternate Story, Sailor Sun's star seed is the Golden Crystal as opposed to Endymion being the carrier. Also, she can harness the power from her senshi team - Uranus, Neptune, Saturn and Earth. Her element can be classified as light, not fire. In her first form, her magical attacks are extremely basic and weak, but keep in mind it is her natural and physical abilities that make her strong. 
+ Sun Light Kira Kira Bomb! - A small unstable ball of light that can only be held for less than a minute before detonation. Sailor sun can manifest this energy from her star seed or the sun itself by pure will and concentration. As she focuses, the ball itself seems to be made up from many different chains of light. 
+ Sun Tiara - Similar to Sailor Moon's ability, Sailor Sun can also throw her tiara at the enemy, but it is an extremely weak and rarely used attack. 
+ Sun Healing Halation - Similar to Sailor Moon's attack (Moon Healing Escalation) with the Moon Stick, Sailor Sun is able to purify an enemy poisoned by negative sun spot energy.
+ Sailor Kick (x2) - A throwback to the original Sailor V attack. Sailor Sun rarely preforms this attack but sometimes it's in unison with Sailor Moon. Used only for comic relief or very desperate times

Abilities
+ Because of her cybernetic body, Sailor Sun is extremely damage resistant. Under her skin is a metallic suit and other various implants. The suit and fuku are semi integrated. Her boots are made out of the same material as her suit and have a jet propulsion system. 
+ Sailor Sun was born on the Sun of our solar system and can withstand extreme temperatures. Elemental fire damage would have literally no effect on her. Being around or near fire enhances her latent psychic abilities.

Senshi Fuku & Forms
Original - Sailor Sun's fuku consists of three major colors: red, yellow, and maroon. Like most senshi, her basic form is relatively simple. Her compact mirrors Sailor Moon's. Instead of pink, it is a light buttercup yellow, with the same gold star design. The 4 colored jewels represent her senshi team - Earth, Saturn, Neptune, Uranus.
Super - Like her previous form, Sailor Sun's fuku strongly corresponds to Sailor Moon's. Compared to her original form, the cape and front bow have switched colors. One of the most important details is the skirt. The colors blend together in favor of the manga drawings rather than the anime design (distinct colored bands) The skirt itself is also slightly shorter and the boots are now thigh length. A light orange gold color is introduced and the henshin compact glows slightly.
Note - In Alternate Story, there is no holy grail, but for continuity purposes the crisis makeup form still exists. Sailor Sun's star seed is the Golden Crystal (instead of Endymion) and thus the events of SuperS are drastically altered. That is not to say that the Golden and Silver Crystal's powers cannot still be combined, however.
Eternal - It is this point in the series where Sailor Sun has sort of assimilated with the other senshi. She is a part of her group and for the most part her eternal fuku fits with manga canon. The standard red elements are replaced with a very bright, almost pinkish, neon red. And the dark maroon boots and bow are slightly lighter in color, almost crimson. Instead of a tiara, Starlight's royal Sundarian mark shines.
Unlike Eternal Sailor Moon, Eternal Sailor Sun has only a two tiered skirt. Her boots are not white, but a crimson color. Also, they are made of a similar material to her internal cybernetic suit. The use of gold / orange as an accent color is continued from the Super form. The henshin compact has also evolved into it's final form. It's Sailor Sun's star seed, the golden crystal. It glows brightly with as much power as an entire sun.
Wings - These wings are insect and fairy like - Long, thin, small and transparent. Not all Sundarians have wings. In fact, it is only the Queens are able to develop them. They take a long time to grow and usually do not even function until they are about 20 years of age. It is an unspoken taboo for Sundarian princesses to show their wings until they have rightfully taken the throne. Starlight has disobeyed this law several times in the fray of battle, although her wings were underdeveloped and didn't support her dreams of flight for long.

Gallery
Sailor Sun  _miss_top_senshi_r2___civilian__sailor_sun__by_mishihime-d5zzbvj

Starlight in her civilian form later in the series. 

Quote :
"I know I'm not really reincarnated but, I still feel like I had a past life. A 1000 years ago I was a civilian, a socialite with every luxury. In this new life that i've been given, it's clear what I am now: a soldier. Nothing more. I know I will never have the carefree life of a child. I wish I did. I've seen so many people on this planet look happy just being with another human, walking in the city, eating, laughing, thinking of nothing but joy. 

However, I must at least pretend I am just like them for a little awhile. 

To continue my mission. The computer has has enrolled me in Shiba Koen Junior High School as an 'exchange student'. Since I came to this planet six months ago, all I have wanted to do is become close with the people. Now, instead of watching from from above, I am among them. Day after day, in classrooms and cafeteria, I am in a room with what feels like a hundred people. Yet, I still feel like an observer stuck behind panes of glass...

Because I do not share their happiness. 
Because I am not like them.

I feel more empty now than ever. 
Sailor Sun  Dawn_of_the_rising_senshi_by_mishi_unloved-d4y3rx0
A portrait of Sailor Sun's basic form. Dawn of the Rising Senshi! [link]

Sailor Sun  922015968ce5bf089f5192e105613996-d4qzld7
Sailor Sun collab between myself and the lovely http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com/who we all know and love! Sailor Sun  2393257330 

Last edited by mishi_hime on 7th October 2013, 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updating info)
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

Sailor Sun  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Sun    Sailor Sun  I_icon_minitime25th February 2012, 10:09 am

I can't believe no one has commented on this, Mishi - it's a very well developed character, to say the least. AUs can sometimes be the most interesting OCs, in my opinion.

Her being rebuilt, instead of reborn, is something I don't think I've seen before. It's an original take on the archetype, making her something of a cyborg I suppose. I am interested in seeing her attacks, though, if you plan on adding them in sometime. (And as a random note, I love her boots over the evolving forms. ^^)
Back to top Go down
mishi_hime
Star Seed

mishi_hime

Star Seed

Title : トウイエライト・フラッシュ

Sailor Sun  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Sun    Sailor Sun  I_icon_minitime25th February 2012, 8:45 pm

Thanks for the kind comments! I have been working on the main character of my story for a long time, so i'm glad you think she's pretty developed. I have a lot of work left to go as far as the other supporting characters are concerned. ^_^; So thanks for the support. It makes me feel better. I've always considered myself to be a very weak writer so I'm trying very very hard to thoroughly think through my concepts and improve on just character development.

I'm still working on the attacks. I complied a brief list but they still seem rather lacking and generic. I guess I never saw her as a magical character. Seems like brawling is her main tactic. Here's a few of my rough ideas, maybe you and some of the others can let me know what you think.

Spirito Bomb - A concentrated bomb of light. It appears to be very unstable and can only be held for several minutes before detonation. Essentially it is a sphere of light with long (about 5 ft) sparking chains emanating from it. It sparks very heavily right before exploding.

Sun Healing Halation - Similar to Sailor Moons Moon Healing Escalation, Sailor Sun is able to purify enemies using her golden crystal.

Sailor Kick - A throwback to Sailor Moon / Sailor Venus' kick attack

Double Sailor Kick - A Sailor Kick attack performed with Sailor Moon.

Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

Sailor Sun  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Sun    Sailor Sun  I_icon_minitime27th February 2012, 1:43 pm

Well, I think it's safe to say you don't have to worry about your character crafting abilities. They seem to be very well grounded. ^^
I'm glad it's not just me that's slow with senshi development, though. *Sweatdrop.*

But the first attack is interesting, and it seems fitting that it would be unstable considering her alliance to the sun. I will admit that I have to agree with your opinion on the others, but I'm sure you'll come up with a new magical attack for each form, or a stronger variation of the original version.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sailor Sun  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Sun    Sailor Sun  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Sun

View previous topic View next topic Back to top