The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Manga vs. the Anime

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

Manga vs. the Anime Empty
PostSubject: Manga vs. the Anime   Manga vs. the Anime I_icon_minitime8th February 2012, 8:14 am

So, I'm mainly referring to the artwork of the Sailor Moon series, rather than the storyline or characterization of the Sailor Moon series. Do you prefer the artwork of the manga (art books included) or the artwork of the anime?

Personally, I prefer the artwork of the manga. I especially prefer the art books, because they are so pretty.
Back to top Go down
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Manga vs. the Anime   Manga vs. the Anime I_icon_minitime8th February 2012, 9:38 am

I prefer the manga, the softer colors and it is just more art style, also I guess. It doesn't seem like generic, like a lot of anime styles.
Back to top Go down
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

PostSubject: Re: Manga vs. the Anime   Manga vs. the Anime I_icon_minitime8th February 2012, 5:16 pm

In terms of overall artwork, the manga is superior; higher quality drawings with greater attention to detail while the anime tends to fall back on some generic designs. Some of the anime episodes have less than stellar animation. In the manga, however, the art tends to get better rather than worse.

Nevertheless, I would never bemoan the anime for bringing Sailor Moon to life. Other aspects (e.g., voice acting) definitely make me glad that the anime was produced.
Back to top Go down
Almonds-s2
Pyramidal Crystal

Almonds-s2

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Formerly LunarPorcelainDoll

PostSubject: Re: Manga vs. the Anime   Manga vs. the Anime I_icon_minitime8th February 2012, 6:32 pm

I enjoy the manga art much more than the anime art. The manga art is always more detailed, and beautiful, and done in an array of lovely mediums with a lovely spectrum of colours.
Back to top Go down
http://tasteofalmonds.wordpress.com/ http://serene-transcendence.tumblr.com/ http://almondsdesigns.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/almondss2
SilenceGlaive
Star Seed

SilenceGlaive

Star Seed

Title : Avatar by ohpepper at LJ

PostSubject: Re: Manga vs. the Anime   Manga vs. the Anime I_icon_minitime27th February 2012, 1:16 pm

Definitely the manga. The anime art is alright, but the manga art is so elegant and attention-grabbing.
Back to top Go down
mishi_hime
Star Seed

mishi_hime

Star Seed

Title : トウイエライト・フラッシュ

PostSubject: Re: Manga vs. the Anime   Manga vs. the Anime I_icon_minitime27th February 2012, 2:10 pm

Whoa. The manga? Looks like i'm the odd one out here.

I prefer the anime style a lot more than manga. I absolutely adore early 90's anime style, especially that animation studio. Any Cutey Honey fans out there? What's weird is that I love the lower quality and lower budget art style of the first and second seasons most of all. From S and SuperS the art style just changed way too much for me and I kinda hate it. : ( I also had the same problem with kamikaze kaitou jeanne. They just completely change style halfway through the anime and it's just ugh.

Now if only they could take the much deeper manga story and insert it into the anime. The anime had a little too much comedic kiddie filler junk for my tastes. >_<

Manga vs. the Anime PC%20Engine%20Sailor%20Moon

^ This forever <3
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Luna.

PostSubject: Re: Manga vs. the Anime   Manga vs. the Anime I_icon_minitime29th February 2012, 1:58 pm

I enjoy both, but the original artwork in the manga is my favorite. It has that freshly drawn look to it. Not the created for tv look. If that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
http://meganalburger.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manga vs. the Anime   Manga vs. the Anime I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manga vs. the Anime

View previous topic View next topic Back to top