The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

日本へようこそ! - Welcome to Japan!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dreamsinpink
Lotus Crystal

dreamsinpink

Lotus Crystal

日本へようこそ! - Welcome to Japan! Empty
PostSubject: 日本へようこそ! - Welcome to Japan!   日本へようこそ! - Welcome to Japan! I_icon_minitime15th September 2016, 4:08 pm

日本へようこそ! - Welcome to Japan! Yokoso

With a population of 127.3 million, 47 prefectures, 377,972 km² of land, over 200 volcanoes, and roughly 5.52 million vending machines, Japan has a lot to offer!

On this stop of the 2016 World Fair step into a country with a rich history, interesting culture, and strange inventions - welcome to Japan!

This year, I tried to focus on aspects of Japan that weren't explored in previous years. I hope you'll stop by the threads, participate in some games, and learn a thing or two you may have not known before!

If you have any questions about Japan or want to know what life in Japan is like, please feel free to ask! I lived and worked in Nagoya for a total of six years, and am happy to share any of my experiences with anyone who's interested. Smile

Japan Thread Index

おみくじ - Omikuji: All about Japanese fortune slips. Get your fortune!
擬音語 - Onomatopoeia: The Japanese language is rich with onomatopoeia. Can you guess what they mean?
温泉 - Onsen: One of the most relaxing things to do in Japan. Play a round of Onsen Dive!
書道 - Calligraphy: Learn about calligraphy, and try it out yourself with a calligraphy writing contest.
ごはんかいじゅうパップ - Pap the Rice Monster: Combining food with a musical anime. Play a guessing game!
働てるロボと - Working Robots: Five common(ish) working robot(ish) machines used in Japan!

Let's get started with some interesting facts about Japan:

❁ There have been people living in Japan since 30,000 B.C.

❁ Shinto and Buddhism are the two most widely practised religions.

❁ There are about 6800 islands that are considered part of Japan.

❁ 70% of Japan's surface is covered in mountains.

日本へようこそ! - Welcome to Japan! Mountains

❁ Japanese trains are among the world's most punctual: their average delay is just 18 seconds.

❁ There are more pets than children.

❁ There are nearly 130 different voice-acting schools in Japan due to the popularity of anime.

❁ Due to difficulty pronouncing the English "r", Ronald McDonald is called Donald McDonald.

❁ More paper is used for manga than to create toilet paper.

❁ There are currently 20 places in Japan that are UNESCO World Heritage sites.

日本へようこそ! - Welcome to Japan! Shirakawa
A photo of the thatched roof houses in Shirakawago.

❁ Many streets in Japan do not have a name.

❁ The earthquake that took place on March 11th, 2011, was so severe that it increased the earth's rotation speed, and therefore shortened the day by 1.8 microseconds.

❁ Japan has one of the highest literacy levels in the world - over 99% of people fifteen and over are considered literate.

Japan Quiz
Test your knowledge about Japan with this quiz! Just fill out your answers, and send them to me (dreamsinpink). Everyone who scores 80% or higher will receive a special stamp!

Take the Quiz:
Back to top Go down
https://dreamsinpinkwrites.wordpress.com/ http://she-dreams-in-pink.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/user/adriennethecanadian
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: 日本へようこそ! - Welcome to Japan!   日本へようこそ! - Welcome to Japan! I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 12:45 pm

Sent away! Thank you for your work in this years world festival! I learned quite a lot!
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
CrystalBunny
Lotus Crystal

CrystalBunny

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: 日本へようこそ! - Welcome to Japan!   日本へようこそ! - Welcome to Japan! I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 1:51 pm

Sent the quiz answers to you!You must have worked very hard on the research but I learned so much !
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: 日本へようこそ! - Welcome to Japan!   日本へようこそ! - Welcome to Japan! I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 6:56 pm

loved reading this. And I must say the mountains and the part of the countryside I saw of Japan was amazing. I was also in Nagoya for like 2 min lol trying to catch the shinkansen back to Tokyo. OMG the trains and any transportation really is amazing. Like I could write forever about it.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 日本へようこそ! - Welcome to Japan!   日本へようこそ! - Welcome to Japan! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

日本へようこそ! - Welcome to Japan!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top