The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nekosenshi
Star Seed

nekosenshi

Star Seed

The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc Empty
PostSubject: The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc   The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc I_icon_minitime8th September 2016, 12:24 pm

I always thought it was unfair that Galaxia is forgiven and gets to start over, and the other "evil" sailor senshi just die with no second chance.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc   The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc I_icon_minitime8th September 2016, 12:48 pm

I always thought that when Galaxia goes to bring back the star seeds the Animamates are included with that because they gave up their star seed to Galaxia for the bracelets?

At least thats what I assumed and allows for a happy ending. xD
Back to top Go down
PrincesseNee
Lotus Crystal

PrincesseNee

Lotus Crystal

Title : Spread the love, people! ~Lover of Inner Senshi~
Location : Where Peace, Love, and Gumdrops are! AKA My Imagination. :3

PostSubject: Re: The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc   The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc I_icon_minitime8th September 2016, 2:26 pm

I wish the senshi were given time to develop their relationships with their SOs more. We got to see a bit of that with Rei and Yuuichirou, but I wish they explored it a bit more to be on par with UsaMamo. Lol they can't be the only ship out there!
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc   The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc I_icon_minitime8th September 2016, 4:53 pm

Like small lady, I thought the other senshi were just restored to their sailor crystals and would start over. While we did see the animates "die"-they were technically already dead in a way-their crystals gone and the galatica bracelets were the only things keeping them alive (and evil, as we saw how tin nyanko became when one was destroyed.)
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc   The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc I_icon_minitime8th September 2016, 6:31 pm

nekosenshi wrote:
I always thought it was unfair that Galaxia is forgiven and gets to start over, and the other "evil" sailor senshi just die with no second chance.
i agree fully on that
Back to top Go down
Xenox33
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc   The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc I_icon_minitime8th September 2016, 7:30 pm

Quote :
Well first of all to be fair Sailor Moon and company didn't actually kill any of them.  She never had a chance to really try to heal them other than Tin Nyanko who she half healed before Galaxia killed her.

I mean Sailor Iron Mouse never actually fought at all, she ran away every single time the moment she infected her victims starseed turning them into a phage.  Then Galaxia killed her before they got to fight when she went after Seiya.

Sailor Aluminum Siren also basically ran away immediately every time with the exception of the first time she showed up she stayed long enough to dodge a Dead Scream (and hand Usagi her business card), and the plane incident with the stupid food fight before she once again departed the scene...and then Galaxia killed her.

Sailor Lead Crow again dodged the Dead Scream in her first appearance then ran, then her next attempt to engage the Senshi in battle was interrupted first by Tin Nyanko blasting Seiya and then the StarLights showing up causing her to run away again before Sailor Moon could do anything.  The first time she really engaged the senshi in battle was when she came after Usagi's starseed, and well the Inners were instant KO'd leaving Usagi unable to attack as she had to protect Chibi Chibi and then was blackmailed into giving up her starseed until Tin Nyanko "killed" (maybe) Lead Crow.

Really the only person in the series who I could really see complaining about not getting a second chance by Sailor Moon is Queen Beryl.

Quote :
I thought the other senshi were just restored to their sailor crystals and would start over. While we did see the animates "die"-they were technically already dead in a way-their crystals gone and the galatica bracelets were the only things keeping them alive (and evil, as we saw how tin nyanko became when one was destroyed.)
Yeah I mean Iron Mouse, Aluminum Siren, and Tin Nynako were killed the same way as Uranus/Neptune via Galaxia remote detonating their bracelets.  So for sure there is nothing to prevent them from coming back the same way so that's what I assumed happened as well.  Lead Crow on the other hand was swallowed by a dimensional rift.  So I'm not sure exactly what that would mean for her?  Real world physics means she would clearly be instantly dead having been crushed...but cartoon/anime physics would she have emerged in another dimension trapped but alive?  Would that have any impact on the ability to bring her back to life using her starseed?

Quote :
I wish the senshi were given time to develop their relationships with their SOs more. We got to see a bit of that with Rei and Yuuichirou, but I wish they explored it a bit more to be on par with UsaMamo. Lol they can't be the only ship out there!
Yeah poor Minako and Makoto especially got the short end of the stick not really even getting even a decent ship tease for the fans to latch onto. 

Makoto
- Joe the douchey crane game cheater
- Motoki (engaged)
- Kenji childhood friend with seemingly no romantic feelings between the two
- Tiger's Eye
- The married teacher
(Asanuma appeared in Stars but just for a scene and the two never interacted.)

Minako
- Allan  (either a cheater or no romantic interest in her)
- Cheating volleyball douche
- The married teacher
(Other than that she had the Tiger's Eye/Hawk's Eye double date, and a crush on all the Three Lights which went nowhere.)
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc   The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc I_icon_minitime9th September 2016, 7:36 am

nekosenshi wrote:
I totally agree. The whole Galaxia being possessed by Chaos seems like a cop out for the writers not to kill her. She killed Mamoru and Usagi's friends, she killed her minions, she manipulated Nehellenia; and there was no evidence throughout the season saying she was affected by an outside force. It felt so forced. Granted, her manga counterpart is no better (being played like a fiddle by Chaos) but the anime version could've been better if we were given more backstory of all the good she did before becoming possessed and showing hints that she was possessed between five or six filler episodes.

Last edited by magic713 on 13th December 2016, 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc   The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc I_icon_minitime9th September 2016, 7:56 am

Xenox33 wrote:
Quote :
Well first of all to be fair Sailor Moon and company didn't actually kill any of them.  She never had a chance to really try to heal them other than Tin Nyanko who she half healed before Galaxia killed her.

I mean Sailor Iron Mouse never actually fought at all, she ran away every single time the moment she infected her victims starseed turning them into a phage.  Then Galaxia killed her before they got to fight when she went after Seiya.

Sailor Aluminum Siren also basically ran away immediately every time with the exception of the first time she showed up she stayed long enough to dodge a Dead Scream (and hand Usagi her business card), and the plane incident with the stupid food fight before she once again departed the scene...and then Galaxia killed her.

Sailor Lead Crow again dodged the Dead Scream in her first appearance then ran, then her next attempt to engage the Senshi in battle was interrupted first by Tin Nyanko blasting Seiya and then the StarLights showing up causing her to run away again before Sailor Moon could do anything.  The first time she really engaged the senshi in battle was when she came after Usagi's starseed, and well the Inners were instant KO'd leaving Usagi unable to attack as she had to protect Chibi Chibi and then was blackmailed into giving up her starseed until Tin Nyanko "killed" (maybe) Lead Crow.

Really the only person in the series who I could really see complaining about not getting a second chance by Sailor Moon is Queen Beryl.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I totally was coming back to this thread to add this xD Its too bad she doesn't get a chance to heal most of the villains cause often they are betrayed or killed by their own (Death Busters anyone?). I loved the redemption arc of the Ayakashi sisters and the Trio and Quartet.
Back to top Go down
Xenox33
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc   The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc I_icon_minitime9th September 2016, 9:54 am

Quote :
I totally agree. The whole Galaxia being possessed by Chaos seems like a cop out for the writers not to kill her. She killed Mamoru and killed her friends, she killed her minions, she manipulated Nehellenia; and there was no evidence throughout the season saying she was affected by an outside force. It felt so forced. Granted, her manga counterpart is no better (being played like a fiddle by Chaos) but the anime version could've been better if we were given more backstory of all the good she did before becoming possessed and showing hints that she was possessed between five or six filler episodes.
Meh, it's called a plot twist.  I don't see why they needed to spoil it earlier and ruin the moment or the reveal?  (which some may have even already been guessing since the story of the Sailor Wars was revealed in 5x28).  In fact having Galaxia show actual signs of goodness/possession earlier would have made little sense to me because you seem to be forgetting that Chibi Chibi was also Galaxia in the anime.   Remember that when she felt Chaos growing stronger inside her, that Galaxia cast out her starseed (which is essentially at least part of a person's soul) and it became Chibi Chibi.  So that's where all the evidence of the innocence and the goodness inside her went into that being known as Chibi Chibi.
Back to top Go down
nekosenshi
Star Seed

nekosenshi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc   The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc I_icon_minitime9th September 2016, 12:17 pm

I didn't say that it was Sailor Moon who didn't forgive them. I also didn't say that they ever fought her. What I meant is that it seems they die and Galaxia doesn't. This seems unfair.
I will admit I've never read the manga so I don't know Galaxia's story like you guys do.  I thought her being possessed by Chaos made it better, there was an explanation.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc   The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc I_icon_minitime9th September 2016, 8:03 pm

I was just trying to explain why they might not have had the chance to be redeemed. You didn't clarify that you were talking in-universe and it being unfair becuase Moon doesn't redeem them or it being unfair from an out-universe point of view and thats to be blamed on the writers and directors. xD
Back to top Go down
Xenox33
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc   The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc I_icon_minitime10th September 2016, 10:05 am

Okay you know what I take back what I said about the show not foreshadowing that Galaxia was possessed.  I just noticed a holy crap moment that maybe hinted at there being more going on with Galaxia in one of her earlier appearances.

If you go back to when Aluminum Siren shows up in Galaxia's throne room having failed to take Usagi's star seed after the plane incident.  Galaxia is basically sitting on her throne looking somewhere between bored and annoyed while Aluminum Siren makes excuses about so many Sailor Guardians showing up.  Tin Nyanko accuses Siren of not actually finding a star seed.  Aluminum Siren strongly protests that she saw the star seed with her own eyes.

That's when this happens.
The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc Galaxia_Reaction1

So everyone knows what that means right?  It's that a character just heard something really important and realized something.  Only you know what her reaction to that is...to IMMEDIATELY kill Aluminum Siren.  Well that makes no sense does it?   It's almost like she doesn't actually want to find the star seed.  So could it have been what was left of actual Galaxia who took control for a moment and killed Siren (who was technically already dead having had her own star seed removed) before she could reveal Sailor Moon's identity to anyone?
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc   The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc I_icon_minitime13th December 2016, 6:05 am

Xenox33 wrote:
So could it have been what was left of actual Galaxia who took control for a moment and killed Siren (who was technically already dead having had her own star seed removed) before she could reveal Sailor Moon's identity to anyone?

Ooo I wonder!! This is making me wanna rewatch Stars even more if that's even possible lol!

Btw guys, I just wanted to say that this thread is FANtastic hahahaaa. No, really!

Okay, I'll let myself out now...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc   The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The one thing I didn't like about the Stars arc

View previous topic View next topic Back to top