The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Ami x Mamoru

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luna Love
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 3:12 am

A crack ship of mine, but even as friends these two could easily be best friends.

Both are highly intelligent, kind and soft spoken and both have dreams of becoming doctors.

I bet they'd be great in college together.

Canonally friends... In my imagination, perhaps something more.

Am I the only one who doesn't just ship Usagi with someone else, but Mamoru too?
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 5:12 am

D'aaaww, in an alternate universe I can imagine them meeting in college and a romance blooming.
Back to top Go down
Luna Love
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 7:44 am

I'd love to see that so much. In the old anime, there were a couple of hints and I fell in love with the idea ever since.

They'd both be over seas studyng at college and they could take advanced classes together. Mamoru would be on the track team and be the typical cool quiet guy all the girls want and Ami could be the quiet shy study girl and was convinced to become apart of the swim team where she meets Mamoru as she looks over the pool.

Or maybe more towards Canon, instead of him falling in love with Princess Serenity for a second time, some drama is added to the series and Aml and Mamoru start to fall in love soom after Usagi meets her.

There is a show called W.i.t.c.h. and I had always thought Caleb and Will would and up together but they didn't and the same was done in Tokyo mewmew where I thought Ryu would get with someone other than mew lettuce.

They just fit so well!
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 7:58 am

I actually hadn't given Mamoru much thought (sorry Mamo Ami x Mamoru 2463175101).

Well no, I take that back. If I thought of Mamo with someone else, I thought of it in a way that was slightly already portrayed: Mamoru and Michiru. Both introverted, both elegant but in different ways.

I can see where you're coming from with Ami, but I think Mamo and Ami would be...for lack of a better term right now, too similar, if you will. It would be...a weird relationship, to me. There needs to be a little bit of differences (like Mamoru and Michiru) between the partners.

But again, I can see where you're coming from ^^
Back to top Go down
Luna Love
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 8:24 am

I don't really see Mamoru and Michiru being hinted at though. Not even in the manga or Crystal where it was just apart of a ploy and was a one time deal, unlike how Haruka hinted at feelings for Usagi multiple times.

There is also way more evidence for Setsuna and Mamoru and Rei and Mamoru than Michiru and Mamoru.

Aside from hints about Haruka and Usagi being more than a one time plot as seen with Michiru and Mamoru, Haruka and Michiru are into girls despite Michiru teasing men in the 90s anime (which never even had the Mamoru/Usagi distraction ploy) she doesn't ever do that in the manga or anime. Mamoru isn't her type, literally.

I don't see Mamoru and Ami as being too similar though. They have about as much in common as All and Mochiru do and Mamoru and Michiru do.

But that's beside the point. I made this post as a fun appreciation thread for my crack ship. It's a crack ship because it's not possible so I don't want to theorize here why people don't find it possible when we already know it isn't and I don't want to hear about why other impossible crack ships would be better than this one, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 8:31 am

Luna Love wrote:
I don't really see Mamoru and Michiru being hinted at though. Not even in the manga or Crystal where it was just apart of a ploy and was a one time deal, unlike how Haruka hinted at feelings for Usagi multiple times.

There is also way more evidence for Setsuna and Mamoru and Rei and Mamoru than Michiru and Mamoru.

Aside from hints about Haruka and Usagi being more than a one time plot as seen with Michiru and Mamoru, Haruka and Michiru are into girls despite Michiru teasing men in the 90s anime (which never even had the Mamoru/Usagi distraction ploy) she doesn't ever do that in the manga or anime. Mamoru isn't her type, literally.

I don't see Mamoru and Ami as being too similar though. They have about as much in common as All and Mochiru do and Mamoru and Michiru do.

But that's beside the point. I made this post as a fun appreciation thread for my crack ship. It's a crack ship because it's not possible so I don't want to theorize here why people don't find it possible when we already know it isn't and I don't want to hear about why other impossible crack ships would be better than this one, sorry.

I'm not attacking your ship if that's what you're thinking. I even said twice I understand where you're coming from, and I do. I was just stating why I don't see it, but of course I'm not gonna disrespect/bash your shipping views. Stating I don't see it but I understand where you're coming from =/= an attack, so please do not think that.
Back to top Go down
Luna Love
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 11:03 am

Thank you for letting me know, I just don't want anyone to think this is the place to debate or theorize ships aside from Ami and Mamoru and to appreciate the idea of them, that's why I made it here in this section of the forums. 

I just hope to discourage anything other than appreciation for these two as either friends or possible lovers and not as a place to say why it won't work and what would work better. 

A new thread for that purpose can be made for it in the theories/debatea or general sections.

I'm glad you can see them as good friends at least (: they'd probably be great study buddies too.

I could be remembering wrong but don't they also both speak good English?

I wish we could have seen more of Mamoru in school and what his rankings were like compared to Ami.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 11:18 am

Yes they do! They both are quite good with English IIRC. I think Ami and Mamoru could be very great friends! Best friends, even. Maybe they can work on their English skills better ♡ probably study for their medical exams, help each other during their medical residences (or equivalent of residencies). I definitely, definitely think there is some form of special relationship that can be had between the two for sure.

Now I wish we could explore their relationship a bit more Ami x Mamoru 1434556979 Ami x Mamoru 2570116496 Ami x Mamoru 335194840 This is a great topic, thank you for thinking of it.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 11:22 am

What if they opened up a medical practice together? Cute!
Back to top Go down
Luna Love
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 12:07 pm

Thank you! If they opened up a practice together is imagine they'd have a hard time trying to keep Nurse Minako away hahaha!

I wonder what kind of doctor each one wants to be?
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 12:30 pm

Hmm. Well playing off the names, maybe Mamoru would be a preventative disease doctor. Like a um...Epidemiologist, which is:
Quote :
Studies the causes and patterns of diseases in a population or area, and make efforts to prevent epidemics/pandemics from happening again.

As for Ami, I'm not sure. She'd be good at particularly anything, I think. Perhaps she too would be an epidemiologist (since she is a senshi after all) or someone that works with a specific type of disease.

They'd be the best team in all of Crystal Tokyo if not the world!
Back to top Go down
Luna Love
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 1:03 pm

It would explain why in Crystal Tokyo there are no diseases!
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 1:08 pm

Here are some photos for this thread (what's a ship thread without photos?)!

Ami x Mamoru WOptixXMLdFTWh_40sdzttVWQtfdF3CZ_HxdkRQqoe8=w837-h610-no

Ami x Mamoru Sailor_moon_supers_episode_136_usagi_is_jealous_of_mamoru_and_ami

I think Usagi saw where you're coming from, just there Ami x Mamoru 111859084
Back to top Go down
Luna Love
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 1:18 pm

*SQUEALS*

THEY LOOK SO CUTE TOGEGHER!!

If I had the money of commission them to be drawn back to back in doctors robes haha
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime20th May 2016, 1:36 am

Luna Love wrote:
[...]

I don't see Mamoru and Ami as being too similar though. [...]

I'm curious - why do you see Ami and Mamoru as being so dissimilar?  Meaning in what ways are they dissimilar?  I'm not trying to attack this pairing; I'm solely trying to find out what evidence points you have, Luna Love.  Because I didn't find many such evidence points in this thread so far (could I have missed any?) that were based on these two being dissimilar.
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Luna Love
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime20th May 2016, 7:40 am

I think you should read the thread again. 

I did not say they were dissimilar and I did already explain many times why they are similar and why I thought they'd work

This is an appreciation thread for these two and any questions involving debates or theories on why or why not they should be romantically involved or elsewise should be made into another thread for that.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime20th May 2016, 7:08 pm

Mod Post

So this is definitely an interesting pairing, not one I've thought about too much, so it is definitely an interesting idea. 

As a general reminder to everyone, please keep in mind the Rules of the Forum, which state for everyone to be respectful. Everyone has differing ideas and opinions and we're not always going to agree with everyone, we just ask that you respect each other and opinions that differ from yours. 

At this point I would also like to remind everyone on how to handle conflicts that may happen in a thread on GC, as part of the Code of Conduct. We ask that you keep disputes private. If you are having an issue with a member, please attempt to PM them first and try to work things out, if that doesn't work or you do not feel comfortable doing that, as the mod of this section, you can always PM me, my "door" so to speak is always open! You can also pm any of the staff or other moderators if you have any questions or concerns. 

The original poster has asked that we please keep this as an appreciation thread for this pairing. If you would like to debate why AmixMamoru would or wouldn't work, please feel free to create a Debate thread in the TDH section, and you can debate until your hearts content there Ami x Mamoru 3884866259

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me! I love to hear your feedback and any concerns that you may have. 

~Addy
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime21st May 2016, 5:01 am

Would it be sweet if Ami and Mamoru had a thing going on. Ami x Mamoru 335194840 + Ami x Mamoru 2570116496 Other than similar hair cuts, both have interests in studies like medical science. And Usagi would be sooooo jealous if she were in love Ami x Mamoru 3884866259 , does anyone expect a "nerd" like Ami catches Mamoru's heart.
Back to top Go down
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal

Princess Sailor Mai

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Galaxy Cauldron's Official Princess Inspirit!
Location : In the middle of nowhere between part-time work and needing a full-time career

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime16th July 2016, 12:39 pm

No! No! No!  Not in my book.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime16th July 2016, 1:32 pm

Hello!
This thread is an appreciation thread for an ami x mamoru crackship.
All disagreements with the ship should be made in a separate thread
in the Theory, Debate & Headcanon section.
Members who cannot comply will be issued warnings as per the Rules & Code of Conduct.

Sailor Jupiter  Ami x Mamoru 1333987389
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ami x Mamoru Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ami x Mamoru   Ami x Mamoru I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ami x Mamoru

View previous topic View next topic Back to top