The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Moon volume 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kara
Lotus Crystal

Kara

Lotus Crystal

Title : Hierophant Princess

Sailor Moon volume 3 Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon volume 3   Sailor Moon volume 3 I_icon_minitime23rd January 2012, 6:17 am

So, after listening to the latest Moonie Tunes, they mentioned something about them doing a book club-like thing with the new volumes, and I thought it sounded really fun to do it with you guys. So, I guess it'd make sense to start with volume 3 since it's the latest one, what did you guys think?

With this volume, we had the end of the Dark Kingdom arc, and now we're onto the Black Moon arc! I really love how the story is moving along, the finale of the first arc always seemed so powerful to me, seeing Sailor Moon gather that courage to take down Metallia once and for all! One thing that sort of disappoints me is that Venus's sword is never used again, I would of really liked it if she kept it, that way one Inner would have a sword as well as an Outer, just seemed like a cool idea. I also like how in the Black Moon arc, they seem to focus more on the Inner scout's personalities and daily lives, or at least Rei and Ami's so far. I felt that detail of them was skipped in the first arc, focusing on Usagi more. While it makes sense to flesh out our main lead, introducing all of the others to not give them much detail doesn't seem like the right thing to do, so I'm glad Naoka gave them this bit now.

As for the translation, it didn't seem nowhere near as bad as some people were acting it was! Man people over reacted big time to this, I thought it was just fine. Sure it isn't perfect, some sentences could of been rephrased here and there, but for the most part, I quite enjoyed it. If anything, I think I finally nailed down the problem with the translator: they are not good with the attack names, which can really get on any Moonie's nerves, myself included. They translated Jupiter's attack 'Spark Ring Wide Pressure' which irked me badly, and the constant change of Rei's 'Akuryo Taisan' from 'evil spirits, begone' or 'evil spirits, be exorcised' doesn't help matters either. So really, if they fix that bit, the translation would be a-okay with me! Let's hope that Haruka's sword attack won't be translated as 'Crystal Attack'~ Sailor Moon volume 3 1695130124

So, that's my thoughts on the new volume, I'd love to hear yours!
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon volume 3   Sailor Moon volume 3 I_icon_minitime8th February 2012, 8:09 am

You know what? I must have totally forgot that the Sailor Senshi told Motoki about him about their identities and the control center hidden in the Crown Arcade. You think he would have become more involved afterwards, but then again... he is a normal human and I'm not entirely sure what he could do to help.
Back to top Go down
Kara
Lotus Crystal

Kara

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon volume 3   Sailor Moon volume 3 I_icon_minitime13th February 2012, 5:56 am

Yeah, you'd think he'd be a more important side character after they told him everything, but he just sort of faded away. Kind of sad, really.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon volume 3   Sailor Moon volume 3 I_icon_minitime16th February 2012, 9:33 am

A lot of the side characters faded away as the series in went on. Like Naru. I don't think she was in the Stars manga. I know for sure she wasn't in the Stars anime.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon volume 3   Sailor Moon volume 3 I_icon_minitime16th February 2012, 5:35 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
A lot of the side characters faded away as the series in went on. Like Naru. I don't think she was in the Stars manga. I know for sure she wasn't in the Stars anime.

I don't even remember her showing up in the SuperS arc of the manga either. :/
Back to top Go down
Kara
Lotus Crystal

Kara

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon volume 3   Sailor Moon volume 3 I_icon_minitime17th February 2012, 6:15 am

I oddly enough remember the last episode she was in; it was in S during that couple competition that she and Umino, as well as Haruka and Michiru, entered in.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon volume 3   Sailor Moon volume 3 I_icon_minitime17th February 2012, 6:54 am

She was SuperS in the anime. She got her mirror taken my Tiger's Eye and he was speaking in English. In the dub he spoke French.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon volume 3   Sailor Moon volume 3 I_icon_minitime17th February 2012, 5:53 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
She was SuperS in the anime. She got her mirror taken my Tiger's Eye and he was speaking in English. In the dub he spoke French.

I remember that one! Tiger's Eye was pretending to be a guy on his death bed whose last wish was to have a true romance, but she was like "wtf i'm with umino" and Tiger's Eye was just being a general butt.
Back to top Go down
Kara
Lotus Crystal

Kara

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon volume 3   Sailor Moon volume 3 I_icon_minitime18th February 2012, 5:54 am

Ooh yeah! Whoops! Forgot about that episode. Sorry. xD;
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon volume 3   Sailor Moon volume 3 I_icon_minitime18th February 2012, 11:03 am

But back to the topic on hand, I kinda wish Naoko had kept them in the spotlight a little bit more. Poor Naru! I mean, Usagi was her best friend. At least some of the smaller characters like Asanuma, started to realize there was something different about Mamoru, Usagi, and their whole group. I wonder if Usagi ever told Naru. I mean, i would expect she would of had to by the time she became queen!!
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon volume 3   Sailor Moon volume 3 I_icon_minitime18th February 2012, 11:15 am

That is assuming that Naru is alive and well by the time Usagi is queen.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon volume 3   Sailor Moon volume 3 I_icon_minitime18th February 2012, 11:16 am

Sailor Venus wrote:
That is assuming that Naru is alive and well by the time Usagi is queen.

Well if she became Queen at 22 and I assume she made the Earth back to normal after Galaxia...then yes, I think she would be alive and well. ^^
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon volume 3   Sailor Moon volume 3 I_icon_minitime18th February 2012, 2:04 pm

>..> Back to the topic?

I love the Black Moon arc, especially Koan and Berthier's chapter, when I was little with the Mixx translation they were my favourite... until the Yume arc came out... then Stars...

Regrettably as with most Sailor Moon manga villains they weren't expanded upon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon volume 3   Sailor Moon volume 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon volume 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top