The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Resource] Writing Sailor Moon Villians

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Drifter
Star Seed

Star Seed

[Resource] Writing Sailor Moon Villians Empty
PostSubject: [Resource] Writing Sailor Moon Villians   [Resource] Writing Sailor Moon Villians I_icon_minitime17th April 2016, 6:56 pm

Hi everybody.

I just wanted to do some thinking out loud regarding writing Sailor Moon Villains because I am currently stuck on this concept in a fic I am working on at the moment. I'm hoping that by getting a little discussion going, maybe something will shake loose?

Re: Writing Villains

The best advice I heard regarding villains is that as the writer, you have to consider the villains as the heroes of their own parallel story. They have their own motivations and personalities and hang ups. Whatever their villainous plans are, they should make sense on their own. It is the Hero's interference that throws the monkey wrench into whatever world they are working towards. They aren't just plot devices to get your heroes form one cool scene to another (excepting for Monster of the Day type villains....those are just fun plot devices).

More specific to Sailor Moon fics, I try to organize my villains similar to how they were presented in the original source materials. My system looks something like this:

1) Big Blob of Evil 
2) Head Honcho Avatar of the Blob of Evil 
3) Lieutenants of the Head Honcho who are really just dark reflections of the Senshi 
4) Monster of the Day aka "Plot Devices to get your hero to do cool things on screen"

So when I am starting to storyboard a new fic that involves external conflict, I decide just how big the threat I want the villain to be, then go from there. 

Thoughts? Comments?

Cheers,
-Drifter.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

[Resource] Writing Sailor Moon Villians Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Resource] Writing Sailor Moon Villians   [Resource] Writing Sailor Moon Villians I_icon_minitime18th April 2016, 8:14 am

I think deciding if your villain is going to be a part of a bigger villain community, like in Sailor Moon, is a good idea. Most of my villains tend to be singular villains on their own Very Happy

Each villain is also going to have their own personality. If we take the four shittennou for example and look at how each of them approached in the 90s anime of getting energy (as we had more episodes with each of them to see). They all had their unique style that fit them.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/

[Resource] Writing Sailor Moon Villians

View previous topic View next topic Back to top