The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

[Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick... Empty
PostSubject: [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick...   [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick... I_icon_minitime7th March 2016, 9:51 am

When it came to weapons/items for the outer Senshi... Saturn has her glaive that can cause really bad things to happen, Uranus has her space sword and Pluto has the garnet rod..

Neptune got a mirror... now granted I don't know what it does off the top of my head, but I think they could have given her something..cooler i guess..  what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick...   [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick... I_icon_minitime7th March 2016, 9:57 am

XD the mirror shows her stuff that has happened  is happening, or can happen in the future. I think it's pretty cool, even if it isn't in the realm of weaponry.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick...   [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick... I_icon_minitime7th March 2016, 11:07 am

The mirror is an important part of the Imperial Regalia of Japan (Three Sacred Treasures of Japan), which the talismans are based on. Copied from Wikipedia: "The regalia represent the three primary virtues: valor (the sword), wisdom (the mirror), and benevolence (the jewel)." Someone has to have the mirror for this theme to work, and giving it to Neptune doesn't seem too bad. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick...   [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick... I_icon_minitime7th March 2016, 11:52 am

I always thought the power to see future events was fitting for her, though the fact that it was a mirror was a bit odd. Knowing that the talismans were based around the national treasures makes Neptune having a mirror make more sense.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick...   [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick... I_icon_minitime7th March 2016, 12:15 pm

Neptune's mirror is representative of psychic abilities to foretell the future or sense something happened without bearing eyewitness to them. In western astrology, Neptune rules Pisces the sign of psychics and their abilities. I must say Neptune has a special tool other than a lethal or fighting weapon.
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick...   [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick... I_icon_minitime7th March 2016, 12:33 pm

I am not saying that its not cool or historical...i just think they could have picked something different thats all.

NOTE: I also know Nothing about japan and their history
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick...   [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick... I_icon_minitime7th March 2016, 2:37 pm

Michiru is a precognitive if I remember correctly. Her having a mirror that allows her to see the future amplifies her powers. 

Also, her power are based on the deep sea, which is water. Reflective surfaces such as mirrors or a bowl of water, have been used by many cultures to scry, or try to see the future for centuries. 

For me, it's a very fitting item for her. While it's not a weapon as a scythe or a sword is a weapon, but she uses it in her attacks, so it does function as a weapon as well.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick...   [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick... I_icon_minitime7th March 2016, 2:52 pm

i guess i really never understood it so I'm glad you guys know about this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick...   [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick... I_icon_minitime7th March 2016, 10:45 pm

She also uses her mirror to perform an attack (Submarine Reflection), so in that sense it has the same weaponry function as the others (it's not like Pluto ever uses her Garnet Rod to bash people in the head or anything Razz)
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick...   [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick... I_icon_minitime9th March 2016, 5:11 pm

Sailor Mercury wrote:
She also uses her mirror to perform an attack (Submarine Reflection), so in that sense it has the same weaponry function as the others (it's not like Pluto ever uses her Garnet Rod to bash people in the head or anything Razz)
Okay but now I really want her to as a joke, just once XD
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick...   [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick... I_icon_minitime9th March 2016, 6:11 pm

Same lol
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Luna Love
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick...   [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick... I_icon_minitime15th March 2016, 3:46 pm

I like how both Neptune and Mercury have water based powers and how they both have weapons that help them find their enemies weakness. Neptune used the Aqua Mirror to show weakness in the Black Dream Hole Movie and Mercury uses her Mercury Computer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick...   [Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Theory] Neptune got the short end of the stick...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top