The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Two general questions regarding forum threads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

Two general questions regarding forum threads  Empty
PostSubject: Two general questions regarding forum threads    Two general questions regarding forum threads  I_icon_minitime6th February 2016, 9:30 am

I've had this question for awhile but kept forgetting to ask. Two general questions regarding forum threads  3884866259 Is there a way to save/export an entire thread as HTML text or is exporting page by page as a .pdf the only option forumotion offers?

Also, is there a limit as to how many images can be displayed on a single page? Maybe it is just my internet connection or forumotion, but I have recently noticed that on pages with a lot of text or pages where almost everybody has an animated signature (or a lot of graphics in their signature), none of the smilies, gifs, and images will show up in any of the posts.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Two general questions regarding forum threads    Two general questions regarding forum threads  I_icon_minitime6th February 2016, 10:32 am

At the top right of each thread there are Share & Actions buttons. I don't see any for exporting to HTML but maybe you will be able to share to whatever it is you're using via one of the sites there. Otherwise printing this page and then choosing PDF is really the only way I know how.

There is no image limit, but we do try to get members to put pic heavy threads under spoilers or to include warnings for those with limited internet connections. Sometimes Forummotion will hiccup as well and certain things won't load, though it usually resolves in a few hours from what I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Two general questions regarding forum threads    Two general questions regarding forum threads  I_icon_minitime6th February 2016, 10:46 am

Hmm... Okay, I will have to try that. Very Happy

As for the images not loading, it's mostly been acting up in the RP topics and OOCs from what I've noticed. It's weird too because all of the images and emotes will magically show up in the posts if you hit "Post a new reply" and then scroll below the textbox to "Topic Review." Two general questions regarding forum threads  3978041997
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Two general questions regarding forum threads    Two general questions regarding forum threads  I_icon_minitime7th February 2016, 8:04 am

I have issues off and on with images taking a while to load and considering half of us either use imgur or photobucket, I'm never quite sure whats up with that. As far as a limit per page, there is none, besides what Henshin mentioned with putting excessive images in a post under a spoiler (except in certain sections). And I have no idea if you can export to HTML. But there is that share thing Henshin mentioned, so maybe one of those options will work for you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two general questions regarding forum threads    Two general questions regarding forum threads  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two general questions regarding forum threads

View previous topic View next topic Back to top