The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

107 facts about sailor moon!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

107 facts about sailor moon! Empty
PostSubject: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime3rd July 2015, 12:21 pm

I knew 86 of them. Did anyone know all 107?
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Galaxia

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime3rd July 2015, 12:28 pm

I'm going to be a jerk, but I had to stop watching this video after they called PGSM a movie. A lot of the facts are wrong and the voice is simply horrendous.
Back to top Go down
http://ourinkedobsession.com
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime3rd July 2015, 12:56 pm

There are a pretty significant number of incorrect "facts." u_u
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime3rd July 2015, 1:02 pm

Sailor CJ wrote:
I'm going to be a jerk, but I had to stop watching this video after they called PGSM a movie. A lot of the facts are wrong and the voice is simply horrendous.

Oh gosh yes you are so right. Some of the facts are "rumors" that have been spread around the fandom for years. Some facts were like obvious things if anyone actually watched the show should know and some stuff was just wrong.

I suffered through all 107, don't think i'll ever do it again. ._. Though I'm tempted to do it and correct any errors or clear up any random things.
Back to top Go down
dreamsinpink
Lotus Crystal

dreamsinpink

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime3rd July 2015, 1:05 pm

We should compile our own list and make it into a video! Haha
Back to top Go down
https://dreamsinpinkwrites.wordpress.com/ http://she-dreams-in-pink.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/user/adriennethecanadian
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime3rd July 2015, 1:14 pm

Should I watch the vid, if I'm told some of the "facts" are not true...yeah, the GC should make their own vid with real proven and resourced facts of the Sailor Moon universe. I might not have the time to look at the whole vid, and I'm not a hardcore SM fan, just thought it's a very good cartoon to watch.
Back to top Go down
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime3rd July 2015, 1:25 pm

I think the GC can compile 107 actual facts about Sailor Moon. Let's make that a project for our forum?
Back to top Go down
http://randomnessandfantasy.tumblr.com/
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime4th July 2015, 12:06 am

I'd be on board with that! Though if we were to attempt to turn it into a video, someone else would have to edit it. I only have windows movie maker.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime4th July 2015, 12:48 pm

Sorry for the double-post, but out of curiosity, which facts were wrong, other then the PGSM being a movie? They seemed all okay to me.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime4th July 2015, 9:39 pm

Since its been a few weeks since I watched it, i'd have to watch again and write my opinion on the iffy ones... I dont know if I can sit through that again though. xD Maaaybe... >.>
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime4th July 2015, 9:49 pm

Or I could just type out all the facts in this thread and people can point out which ones are wrong??? (That would take awhile idk.)
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime4th July 2015, 10:49 pm

Well i started on it, probably not gunna finish it all tonight. If you wanna type up all the facts feel free, cause i didn't feel like typing them out. xD

I italicized things that I thought were questionable or had a problem with or were unsure myself about. I'm not saying that i'm like an expert here and would like some feedback on the things i'm questioning here.

Warning: some of these may be biased cause of my opinions and feelings on SM and various other things. I also use an obnoxious amount of caps here and haven't had a chance to proof read so some things may be rather...crude sounding. ._. 

My Opinions of facts 1-51!:
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime5th July 2015, 4:52 am

Small Lady wrote:
43. Again, not saying this is wrong with Luna being younger and I want to say its right, but where is this stated? Is it in the manga as a side note fact thing or what??? I just don't remember is all. Or are they just saying that in looks her form is a year younger than SM?  That doesn't really make sense to me either cause in the anime she looked older than usagi to me and definitely looks older in the manga. The only version where human Luna is younger is PGSM.

Luna being one year younger than Usagi is stated in the Materials Collection page here

Small Lady wrote:
45. For this one, I could have sworn there was a third word that fans think R could have stood for but it is not coming to me at ALL.  Return, Romance......what is it??? D:

That would be "Rabbit", which is Chibiusa's nickname from the Black Moon clan.

I think the Cosmos colors thing was just a fandom interpretation, too. I can't find a translated Materials Collection page with her anywhere.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime5th July 2015, 12:29 pm

Sailor Mercury wrote:
Small Lady wrote:
43. Again, not saying this is wrong with Luna being younger and I want to say its right, but where is this stated? Is it in the manga as a side note fact thing or what??? I just don't remember is all. Or are they just saying that in looks her form is a year younger than SM?  That doesn't really make sense to me either cause in the anime she looked older than usagi to me and definitely looks older in the manga. The only version where human Luna is younger is PGSM.

Luna being one year younger than Usagi is stated in the Materials Collection page here

Small Lady wrote:
45. For this one, I could have sworn there was a third word that fans think R could have stood for but it is not coming to me at ALL.  Return, Romance......what is it??? D:

That would be "Rabbit", which is Chibiusa's nickname from the Black Moon clan.

I think the Cosmos colors thing was just a fandom interpretation, too. I can't find a translated Materials Collection page with her anywhere.

Ah yes, Rabbit is one, I still feel like there was another but I think i'm just being silly at this point lol.

As far as the Luna thing goes, this is one of those things where I'm bothered by Naoko's notes and her drawing style. In the manga, human Luna clearly looks older than Usagi to me with the way she is drawn. Also, it wouldn't make much sense to be actually younger than Usagi because wasn't Luna around when Princess Serenity was born in the Silver Mllenium? And also since they were just in a deep sleep coma like stasis, technically Artemis and Luna are well over 1000 years old even though their bodies haven't physically aged (yay silver crystal and magics).

And thats my soap box for today.
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime10th July 2015, 11:15 am

Dude, this video pissed me off. Like you guys have said, the facts are wrong and the pronunciation sucked, but also the "facts" were like the stupidest and most obvious things ever. It's like someone googled "Sailor Moon" and just put the most random and insignificant things they could find.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime10th July 2015, 11:17 am

^^^ PRETTY MUCH. (Also hi brandi!!!!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime10th July 2015, 11:43 am

I didn't realize things got so heated. I feel bad for posting the video now lol.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime10th July 2015, 12:23 pm

Don't feel bad! Think of the positives! I finally have a venue to vent about this video lololol.

Though has anyone watched the other fact videos they have out? I know there was frozen one.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime10th July 2015, 1:02 pm

My sister has watched nearly all of them. Though I have watched the south park one-it checks out far better then the sailor moon one.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime10th July 2015, 2:48 pm

mercury_viola_rhapsody wrote:
I think the GC can compile 107 actual facts about Sailor Moon. Let's make that a project for our forum?

107 facts about sailor moon! 2503753863 YES! I would be down for that! 107 facts about sailor moon! 1394610236 107 facts about sailor moon! 2503753863
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime17th July 2015, 1:42 pm

Thank you Small Lady for going through the video and chronicling all the errors they got wrong.   I was really annoyed when they said PGSM was a movie instead of a TV show which was obvious.  In regards to Disney doing a live action movie, I remember the Save Our Sailors claimed back in the mid-90s that Disney was going to make a live action Sailor Moon movie that was going to have Melissa Joan Heart as Serena and Genna Davis was going to be Queen Beryl but they eventually cancelled it because it was too expensive and they decided to make Inspector Gadget instead.  As far as I can tell, it seems like this story originated with the SOS but everyone in the fandom seems to have accepted it as common knowledge in spite of the SOS's questionable reliability.  Besides the blatant mispronunciations, I think what most annoys me about the guy's voice is he acts like he's some smug know it all imparting all this shocking revelations nobody ever knew before when it's all common knowledge most fans have basic understandings of.  The only one I didn't know before was the one about Naoko having a degree in chemistry and that was her influence on some of the names for some of her villains.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime21st July 2015, 5:32 pm

Yep, the chemist part is totally true... I still need to finish this but it sure takes some effort. xD (Doesn't help the space bar on my keyboard is messed up >.>)
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime22nd July 2015, 12:06 pm

It's been awhile since I've seen this video but did they ever mention the other manga Naoko Takeuchi drew?  Like she did some skating drama manga thing and something about girls that turn into cockroaches to find their princess.  That would have been an interesting fact to include in the video.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime22nd July 2015, 1:23 pm

She's done quite a few smaller projects and one shot type deals. But I think you are thinking of Cherry Project and PQ Angels. I'd have to go through 52-107 but I'm pretty sure he doesn't mention Naoko's other manga...
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Crazy Beardie Lady. Official GC Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime9th October 2015, 7:32 pm

juuuust watched this last night...knew the majority of it. i'll go back through and list the ones i knew.

the one that drove me nuts? WHERE HE SAYS CHIBIUSA'S NAME IS CHIBIUSA TSUKINO. dude don't know the facts. her name is Usagi Tsukino, or Small Lady. Chibiusa is a nickname she got in the 20th century because she looks just like Usagi, and they couldn't go around calling both the same name without confusion. NICE FACT DUDE. grah.

EDIT: i knew 73. the incorrect chibiusa one is number 66.
Back to top Go down
http://dragcave.net/user/Crystalsetsuna http://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime9th October 2015, 9:40 pm

i would love to know where they got their info they told us
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets
Star Seed

Multi-Facets

Star Seed

Title : Moongazer.

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime10th October 2015, 12:44 pm

Small Lady wrote:
She's done quite a few smaller projects and one shot type deals.  But I think you are thinking of Cherry Project and PQ Angels.  I'd have to go through 52-107 but I'm pretty sure he doesn't mention Naoko's other manga...

That might be because, as according to Anime News Network, Takeuchi-san is basically a one-hit wonder. No other projects, pre- or post-Sailor Moon, got nearly as much attention or as far off the ground. There was one project she actually dropped and never finished after Sailor Moon. Likely because it involved girls who could become cockroaches (again, according to ANN).
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime18th October 2015, 3:23 pm

^From what I understand, that project (PQ Angels), Kodansha lost a majority of her drafts and apparently that made her drop the project. I think after that she never really did any more manga.
Back to top Go down
Usa-chan
Lotus Crystal

Usa-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : smol

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime18th October 2015, 7:28 pm

I do like CartoonHangover . . . But this made me cringe so hard. I couldn't even get through it since it made me so uncomfortable. Considering that this is a verified YouTube account, wouldn't you think that it would be at least a little more accurate?
Back to top Go down
http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/ http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime19th October 2015, 6:07 pm

I'm really scared to watch all the other 107 facts videos because apparently thats all CartoonHangover puts out now instead of actual content.... whatever happened to Bee and Puppycat??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 107 facts about sailor moon!   107 facts about sailor moon! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

107 facts about sailor moon!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top