The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

[Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium? Empty
PostSubject: [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium?   [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium? I_icon_minitime22nd May 2015, 11:54 am

I know that we've seen flashbacks to this time, and the senshi looked just like regular humans basically, but in a more realistic sense, wouldn't it be weird if every inhabited planet looked just like the people on Earth did? I don't mean to suggest that everyone looked completely inhuman, but if there were planets of cat and bird people (Mauians and Coronians), why can't the solar system have some more diversity in their aliens? XD

So this is a place to maybe suggest some of the ideas that you might have on the differences between the various planets (other than longer life spans). Were they taller or shorter? What skin tones did they have? What are their usual hair and eye colors? Did they have gills or other features beyond the average human? What was their culture like? Are they born with any powers, or do only the senshi have magic?

Feel free to add your two cents to it, this is just for fun. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

[Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium? Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium?   [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium? I_icon_minitime22nd May 2015, 12:07 pm

There are aliens that look like well...aliens. In Stars there is a panel that shows Galaxia in a crowd of people that don't look humanoid.

[Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium? 020

I think it was probably easier for Naoko to draw humans (plus a few of her characters tend to have same-face syndrome) which is probably why we didn't get much diversity when it came to aliens. It would have been nice though.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium?   [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium? I_icon_minitime22nd May 2015, 12:15 pm

I meant more of a What If scenario, like if we did get that diversity, what would the senshi and their world's people end up like? Sorry if I wasn't clear up above what I was asking about! XD
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium?   [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium? I_icon_minitime22nd May 2015, 12:27 pm

Hmmm, I think because we see other aliens that are animals, it might be safe to assume that maybe each planet is inhabited by a different species of animal. Maybe Earth is some kind of melting pot test tube to see if all the aliens can co-exist or something XD
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium?   [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium? I_icon_minitime22nd May 2015, 12:32 pm

I'm not sure if they would be animals or just like humoids with different features. If we look at Star Trek for example, Bajorans looked human but had slightly different characteristics such as ridges and their reproductive cycle was different. Or Cardassians, Vulcans etc.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium?   [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium? I_icon_minitime22nd May 2015, 12:40 pm

I like to think of the Solar System being inhabited by human supspecies. So there's slight differences in appearance and biology, but everyone is technically still able to have interplanetary kids with each other.

Outside of the solar system, the aliens can start to get stranger. XD 

Refocusing on the planets we know, I think that people from Venus would be similar to Earth people, except a little more sturdy. They're slightly shorter on average, and they have thicker bones and naturally tanner skin to protect from the sunlight. Maybe they're more flexible too. Venus and Earth often exchange soldiers because they're so alike already, and it's easier for them to get along.
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium?   [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium? I_icon_minitime22nd May 2015, 12:54 pm

Oh my bad! I reread your original posts and I see what you mean now. 

But seeing different non-humanoid senshi/people on other planets would be really cool. I would like to think the different species varied based on the habitat of there planet. Like a planet that was 90% water would possibly have species similar to mermaids or have gills (like you mentioned earlier). Probably giant whale-shark fusions and other wild stuff. 

I do like your point about the further you get out into the galaxy the more stranger the aliens get. Like there could even be planets inhabited with various types of dragons...because why not. I would think that if some of the non-humanoid species were to get the moon kitties treatment and turned into a human somehow, they would keep some of their original form's characteristics. Like a person from a mermaid species would have scales on her body, a dragon humanoid might have horns on their head and feel hot to the touch, etc.

I also think the way some species look would depend on how far their home planet is from their system's star and how big that star is as well. People that live in a system that has a white dwarf are going to look very different than people who live in a system that has a Red Giant and so on.

This also raises the question does someone have to be human or at least a humanoid alien to be a senshi?
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium?   [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium? I_icon_minitime22nd May 2015, 1:15 pm

Maybe becoming a senshi makes them more humanoid automatically, even if the species usually isn't like that at all. The transformation just gives them a human form along with the outfit. 

And speaking of habitats, the senshi living on gas and ice giants could possibly look different than the ones living on rock planets. The extra gravity and crazy storms must be a harsher environment than normal. XD

Like, people from Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune are just born physically more powerful to compensate for their planets' sizes, and they are more resistant to elements found in their natural homes. Jovians are resistant to electricity, or have a level of tolerance for it, Neptunians have both gills and lungs to live above or underwater, etc...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium?   [Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Theory] What did the people on other planets look like/act like in the Silver Millennium?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top