The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime19th August 2018, 6:31 am

That Completed list in the OP sure is lonely! Who will be the first to cross the finish line??
GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 3150097195
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
cardea
Lotus Crystal

cardea

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime19th August 2018, 9:24 am

Ah, I'm so close!! Just one more after this one!

Day 29. Favorite Dance Number

I was concerned about this one because I don't usually pay that much attention to dancing? But then I realized there are 2 obvious songs that I love the dances for!

For banmyu, it's gotta be Everlasting Moonlight!! Overall, the choreo is simpler than some of the other songs, but it's got a certain grace to it? And then there's that one part where the song goes "do-do-dooooo dun-dun-dundundundun" and they do the thing with their knees? And then the little step thing? This is literally the worst description but it's super cool and i love it

Videos explain better! Their dance for the little instrumental part at 1:09! (they do it a few times thruout the song)

And for Nelke Myu, Ai no Starshine!! There are a few parts of it that I really love. First of all, the part where they link their arms together and make a star? ADORABLE. LOVE IT. Then, during the very first instrumental portion, the inners do a little dance thing that mimics their first attacks and it's super cute! Then, in the same instrumental part before the second verse, the outers do the same things with their attacks! Also, the choreo in general from the part where they're all standing in a row is really good, and I really love the hand thing they do when they say "kurikae" because it's the same as the hand motion for that same word in Double Moonlight Romance!

Here is the video from the Le Mouvement Final curtain call (because Yaten Starlights). The inners portion starts with Mercury @0:14 (Moon is too busy running across the stage to join in), the Outers with Chibiusa @2:02. They make the star @1:57 but honestly it's not the easiest to tell that it's a star in this video!

Overall, Ai no Starshine is actually probably my favorite, because I really love how they incorporate the attacks. It's both meaningful and looks cool <3.
Back to top Go down
cardea
Lotus Crystal

cardea

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime21st August 2018, 1:18 pm

Last one!!

Day 30: And the most important question of all: Ryuuji Kasahara or Yuuta Mochizuki?

So my first answer is that their best scenes are the ones they perform together (seriously, their confusion scenes are topppp notch), so its gotta be botttttthhhhhhh.

My real answer is Ryuuji.
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime21st August 2018, 4:14 pm

I don't blame you!! He's super hot XD!

And with that, @cardea has completed the challenge!! Thanks for participating! It was fun to read your answers~.

CONGRATS CARDEA!!
GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 1984953407
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official PGSM Zoisite

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime22nd August 2018, 3:42 am

Congrats Cardea ! i must to finish this too...
Back to top Go down
cardea
Lotus Crystal

cardea

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime22nd August 2018, 1:13 pm

Diagnosed wrote:
I don't blame you!! He's super hot XD!

hahaha, while I won't deny that he is attractive, that was definitely not my reasoning here! I think Ryuuji is funnier, and also you get to see more of his acting skills since he plays so many different characters. While a lot of his characters are funny, he can do serious scenes as well. His performance is Eien Densetsu and its kaiteiban pretty much solidify my preference for him. Plus he got a mohawk for myu. He specifically asked them if he could get a mohawk for his character.

Not that Mocchi isn't funny, and his acting is top notch, just within myu, Ryuuji tends to be in more of my favorite scenes (probably because I love confusion scenes lol). Mocchi wins in terms of singing for sure tho, that voice <33.

And thanks y'all, this was super fun!! Look forward to seeing more of your answers @emrys!!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime22nd August 2018, 5:20 pm

Oh wow how have I not finished this. I'm the worst. ;_; (and I was so close then too XD)

Day 27. Most Tear jerking Moment

I have two off the top of my head.

Kaguya Shima Densetsu's "Yatto Aeta ne" and the events that happen right before it. The song by itself without watching gets me emotional. ;_;

Sailor Stars (Kaiteiban) "Sorezore no Elegy". Just...Anza's scream towards the end is the best in this one. It's the most emotional and heart wrenching acting I've heard from her. The one in the original Stars is about as good too.

Day 28. Cheesiest Moment

I feel like I need to rewatch all the Myus for this one. I'd say some of the early Myus have a lot of cheesier moments. Like in Ai no Senshi where they were like "WE GOT THIS COOL FLYING HOIST THING NOW. EVERYONE GETS TO FLY!" XD

Day 29. Favorite dance number

Two of my favorites off the top of my head are Shin Kaguya Shima Densetsu's LINK service number performance. The moves are really complicated and I'm just mesmerized every time I watch it. And you KNOW it's not easy doing choreography like that and singing at the same time.

And I'm not sure if its my bias as this being one of my all time favorite Myu songs but "Junketsu no narcissism" has some nice choreography. I especially love the two "Ladies Fighter" poses the Senshi all make together.

And in searching for the video on youtube, I found this (what i'm assuming is a fankan) version of it and its nice to see them do it without all the dancing off fighting. xD I also just really like the Neptune from this show.

Day 30. And the most important question of all: Ryuuji Kasahara or Yuuta Mochizuki?

I'm with Cardea on this one...RYUUJI.  Though....I agree with her reasons, I'm also a bit more shallow. He's just...so...ripped and good lord is he a handsome man. /fans self

I DID IT. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime23rd August 2018, 9:26 pm

YUSSSS FINALLY, WOMAN!! Great job capping it off in short order ^_~. Thanks for all the videos for so many of your previous answers as well!

CONGRATS BRIT-CHAN!!
GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 1984953407

Last edited by Diagnosed on 17th September 2018, 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime17th September 2018, 2:32 am

So... Finally

Day 16. Top 5 Songs and/or BGM

Just 5 ??? very difficult, so i put these without order^^

1 Orleans no sei senshi  from Eien densetsu: I love this version with swords... it's another time i love.
2 Sorezore no elegy : I cry everytime xD
3 Line up ! 5 women of the white moon : The first song i remember when i think to new myu
4 Sailor war : just lots of chills xD but i don't like sailor war supreme...
5 21st Century Koi no Senshi Ja Irarenai : with all guardians it's a very good song.

I note these are all group's songs, and not in civil...  Razz

videos:
Back to top Go down
cardea
Lotus Crystal

cardea

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime17th September 2018, 2:04 pm

Those are all really good picks!!! The group transformed songs are soooooooo dramatic in the best way possible!!

And line up! really is one of the most iconic songs from Nelke myu!!
Back to top Go down
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th October 2018, 12:23 pm

Day 17 

Sailor war, because it's this song i retained first. the first song for which i search french lyrics. Lots of emotions, values,... .
Back to top Go down
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime3rd January 2019, 11:16 am

Day 18. Favorite Theme Song

I hesitate between LINK and FIRE. these two are beautiful theme song

Day 19. Favorite Character Image Song (example “Drive Me Mercury”, “Zig Zag Slash”)

I fell in love with To a brand new world in my first sera myu. 

video:

Day 20. Favorite Villain Number

Difficult. i Like innocent demond, loof merrow songs,.... but this is my favourite i think.

video:
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime4th January 2019, 5:22 pm

Oooo good picks!! I hadn't heard the Saturn song before. I really like it!
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11th January 2019, 12:27 pm

Hey everyone! On the great suggestion of our dear Sailor Neptune, there is now a shiny stamp to collect for completing the challenge!
GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 QrvGgir

Remember you can always do the challenge via social media and just link your account here if that works better for you! Just remember to use the tag #gcmyu30day ^.~

I still need to watch more Myu so I can finish mine ^^;;;;
Back to top Go down
SpikeDevilman
Lotus Crystal

SpikeDevilman

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Kunzite

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11th January 2019, 1:19 pm

I'd do this but I have no idea where I'd post it other than here.
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11th January 2019, 10:20 pm

It is totally ok to post your answers in this thread!
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Kakyuu

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11th January 2019, 10:24 pm

Do you answer a question each day or do you also have to watch a musical also?
Back to top Go down
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th January 2019, 12:57 am

We answer a question each day if we can... we don't have to watch a musical, but more you watched, more you can answer the challenge. Sorry for this bad english.

Day 21. Favorite Tuxedo Mask Actor/Actress

Ow... difficult again xD i love Mochizuki Yuuta in Tuxedo mask but after he become count dracul and i am scared !
I love Yuu Shirota too... he was a very good tuxedo kamen/mamoru chiba

And now there are Actress... Yuga yamato and Mikako Ishii (i just saw she is 28 like me !) are awesome ! I love their way to play mamoru and tuxedo. It's different than men but very very good too. i can't choose, it's just too difficult. It's my top 4 ^^

Day 22. Favorite Chibi Moon Actress

Ouch... i don't have because i didn't pay attention for chibi moon Actress. I remember they often are two because they are children... and i love all children, i just fall in love when i see a child...
Back to top Go down
SpikeDevilman
Lotus Crystal

SpikeDevilman

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th January 2019, 12:00 pm

Time to start this. I'll be doing it here.

Day 1. What was your first Myu and/or how did you get into Myu?

I got into it by talking it over with this forums own Brit-Chan. My first one was La Reconquista, which I figured would be a good starting point since it was the second beginning, as the first (Gaiden) wasn't a very recommended starting point.
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th January 2019, 1:01 pm

emrys wrote:
We answer a question each day if we can... we don't have to watch a musical, but more you watched, more you can answer the challenge.

Well said!

Here's a bit more explanation that I posted a while back:
Diagnosed wrote:
Hi guys!

I updated the first post with a progress list for anyone who still wants to come back to the challenge!

There's so much about Myu to love~. Let us count the ways… XD.

For anyone new, this sort of daily posting challenge is generally meant to help fuel the need to stay at the top of your Tumblr followers’ minds. Don't have anything to say on a daily basis? Challenge prompts to the rescue! But, for those who don't really care about that or who don't have a Tumblr (or Instagram), it's a great way to compile your thoughts and love for the series! So, don't worry if you can't get around to one per day.
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Okay then!!!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th January 2019, 4:13 pm

I see...thanks!
Does it have to be consecutive, or can I continue on another day if I can't answer questions yet?
Well,
Day 1: My first Myu was Ryuusei Densetsu, and I'm not too sure how I first got into the series. I think I probably just saw the download link an decided to try viewing one of the musicals GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 868675979 !
Back to top Go down
SpikeDevilman
Lotus Crystal

SpikeDevilman

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime13th January 2019, 1:53 pm

Day 2. Is Sera Myu your favorite version of Sailor Moon? Why or why not?

No, but it's certainly up there. What prevents it from being my favorite is how hard it can be to digest; from the two hours-minimum run time for each musical to the amount of plot elements which are either confusing or just don't quite add up (looking at you, Dracul arc).
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime13th January 2019, 11:04 pm

Day 2: Well, not really, but that isn't that I don't like it so much as that I find the other Sailor Moon adaptations longer and thus with a larger amount of stuff to get into. There are a lot of musicals, but they aren't all connected with the others. Actually I like all the adaptations, sometimes in different ways, so I can't really say if it is more of a favorite than the other forms also.
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th January 2019, 8:30 am

Day 1. What was your first Myu and/or how did you get into Myu?
This is a rather interesting story actually.
My friend SoA on Tower of Time had a soundtrack of her fanfiction. One of the battle themes was "Sailor War 1994?" The one with the choir at the beginning.
I was absolutely amazed by this song and I loved it ever since. I asked her where it was from, since we were all on a Forum together. Then I scoured Youtube and waited eons for it to download on my dial up at the time on Windows 98. Ah .wav files that took forever... those were the days.

In any case from there I just started watching song clips.
I still have a lot of MYU to watch. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
SpikeDevilman
Lotus Crystal

SpikeDevilman

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th January 2019, 11:42 am

Day 3. Favorite musical(s)?

Le Mouvement Final is my all-time favorite, it did the manga Stars arc so much justice. My second favorite would have to be Gaiden, AKA the very first one. It's a great "turn your brain off and laugh at the cheesiness" experience, and not to mention is the only musical to feature Luna and Artemis.

Honorable mentions go to SuperS Kaiteiban and Last Dracul Overture.
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th January 2019, 6:54 pm

Day 3: As of the ones that I've seen so far, I would say Kakyuu-ouhi Kourin! It had the Starlights and everyone, and the music was pretty nice also!
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime15th January 2019, 5:17 am

nm___i3bfc wrote:
Does it have to be consecutive, or can I continue on another day if I can't answer questions yet?
For organization's sake I would recommend you do them in order. If you need to skip any, just mention that you are as they come up. You can always come back and retake the challenge at a later date to get to the ones you skipped. Who knows how your other answers may change by then too!

One other question that came up was whether triple posting in the challenge threads like this one are allowed. The answer is no, so if no one else has posted after you've already posted twice in 12 hrs, please just add what you want to write to your previous post by using the edit button :p.

Any other questions? Don't hesitate to ask ^-^.

Loving all the new answers, btw!! GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 1394610236
Back to top Go down
SpikeDevilman
Lotus Crystal

SpikeDevilman

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime15th January 2019, 2:14 pm

Day 4. Least favorite musical(s)?

Mine would have to be the middle children of the Dracul musicals; Transylvania no Mori and its Kaiteiban. Watching TnM was not a fun experience, it felt like an English homework assignment for some confusing, old-timey literature like Shakespeare given all the profound ramblings about humanity and the gods by the antagonists which didn't seem to spell out any clear motivations or contribute anything besides giving me a migraine.

What's worse is you have to essentially watch this musical twice in a row before proceeding to the final chapter of Dracul.
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime15th January 2019, 10:03 pm

Day 4: I guess that relatively speaking, the least favorite probably would be Ryuusei Densetsu. Maybe it was because it was my first Sera Myu, but the story just felt kind of weird for a musical based on the Stars arc. I also kept waiting through the musical for Princess Kakyuu to show up, so the ending was somewhat disappointing for me. The music was pretty nice though, and I kind of wish that "Tsukiiro no Syndicate" had shown up more frequently. It wasn't a very bad introduction to the musicals.
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime16th January 2019, 7:59 am

Day 2. Is Sera Myu your favorite version of Sailor Moon? Why or why not?
While it is not my absolute favorite, it is in the top 3. I really love all the songs and performances, I just came in to Myu too late in my Sailor Moon career to really 'connect' so to speak the way with it that the manga and anime did, that's why it's the 3rd favorite of mine.

Day 3. Favorite musical(s)?
For a multitude of reasons, Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars -Kaiteiban- is my favorite Myu. From everything to Sailor War Supreme, to the actresses and plot, it is the one that I remember the most.
And my favorite moon as well.
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!   GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GC's Sera Myu 30 Day Challenge!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top