The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Another newbie :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flower Hurricane
Star Seed

Flower Hurricane

Star Seed

Title : Mako's BFF, Haruka's baby sister, and Hotaru's big sis

Another newbie :) Empty
PostSubject: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) I_icon_minitime8th September 2014, 2:02 pm

Hello, all  

Another newbie :) 1955989781

Finally decided to join some forums after being into Sailor Moon for so long. I was introduced to SM (and to manga and anime in general) when I started reading the Mixx/Tokyopop manga as a child. I quickly got into the anime after that, and the rest is history.

Well, not really. I've actually been on hiatus from everything Sailor Moon for about eight years. It's also been a long time since I've read any new manga or followed any anime (with the exception of Madoka Magica last year), and, boy, am I out of touch with the snazzy animation that is standard today. I'm only really familiar with 90's and early 00's series. (Wedding Peach, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Tokyo Mew Mew, anyone?)

Anyway, I'm keeping up with Crystal, which I am enjoying so far, and I am currently re-reading the manga.

Due to my long break from both the manga and anime, most details of the arc plots are pretty fuzzy. I don't even remember most of the villains' names. I also never read Stars, hence my re-read of the original series so that I can actually read the last arc! I get the feeling that the anime was waaaaaay different, so I'm not relying on that for the full story.

I suppose I'll get on with my favorite things to keep this from becoming an essay.

My (obvious) favorite senshi is Jupiter. Neptune used to be my second favorite as a child, but for some reason she's not up there anymore. She has been replaced with Uranus, who I actually didn't used to like, lol. Saturn is probably my third favorite. Now with the re-read, re-watch of the 90's show, and Crystal, I'm starting to like Mercury and Pluto more, too.

Favorite season is S, because the outers are amazing in every way, shape, and form.

I don't remember the villains' personalities that well. I do like the Shitennou but only as generals for Earth. :p

And finally, one reason I finally came to this site was because the only other forum I frequent is for kpop/jpop, and there's not enough Sailor Moon discussion there, so if any of you like Asian pop, I'd love to chat sometime. Smile

Nice to meet you.
Back to top Go down
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

Title : I live between the lands of Fantasy and Delusion. Seren's wifey <333

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) I_icon_minitime8th September 2014, 2:19 pm

Welcome!!! I had noooo idea that Jupiter was your favorite =PP Crystal has been really awesome so far ^^ And there is quite a few Kpop/Jpop fans on this forum ^^ You could browse the Media Lounge to join in on some already started discussions about Kpop and Jpop or create your own!! We have an awesome mentor program on GC where you can fill out a short questionnaire and then be meatched with a senior member who answered similarly to you! They'll help answer any questions you may have, help you get used to the forum and how it runs/works, and just be there to chit chat ^^ You can sign up here! We also have a new Member Packet, which will help you learn more about the Admins and Moderators, has tips for getting used to the forums, as well as some free graphics you can use! You can find that here!

I hope to see you around the forums a lot and get to know you!!

<3
Kaya
Back to top Go down
http://kayariah.tumblr.com/ http://kayariahanime.tumblr.com/
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) I_icon_minitime8th September 2014, 2:24 pm

Welcome! I love all Asian music so feel free to hit me up on a pm or something if you ever wanna chat about it. Smile
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me, any of the staff or anyone. We're all more than happy to help!
I love your username by the way *o*
Is Jupiter your favorite senshi?
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Flower Hurricane
Star Seed

Flower Hurricane

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) I_icon_minitime8th September 2014, 2:35 pm

Diana wrote:
Welcome!!! I had noooo idea that Jupiter was your favorite =PP Crystal has been really awesome so far ^^ And there is quite a few Kpop/Jpop fans on this forum ^^ You could browse the Media Lounge to join in on some already started discussions about Kpop and Jpop or create your own!! We have an awesome mentor program on GC where you can fill out a short questionnaire and then be meatched with a senior member who answered similarly to you! They'll help answer any questions you may have, help you get used to the forum and how it runs/works, and just be there to chit chat ^^ You can sign up here! We also have a new Member Packet, which will help you learn more about the Admins and Moderators, has tips for getting used to the forums, as well as some free graphics you can use! You can find that here!

I hope to see you around the forums a lot and get to know you!!

<3
Kaya

Heh. I was actually going to edit my post saying that I think I like Uranus as much as Jupiter now, but eh. I may end up with a Uranus avatar, too. :p

Oh, cool, thanks for the link. And thank you for the welcome. ^^ Looks like a fun community. Smile

Starchild wrote:
Welcome! I love all Asian music so feel free to hit me up on a pm or something if you ever wanna chat about it. Smile
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me, any of the staff or anyone. We're all more than happy to help!
I love your username by the way *o*
Is Jupiter your favorite senshi?

Thanks for the welcome. Smile

Haha, thank you. Jupiter was definitely my fave right off the bat when I got into Sailor Moon all those years ago, but Uranus has crept up there recently. I see a lot of similarities between them, though, so maybe they can share that place in my heart.

:bunnykonataeye
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) I_icon_minitime8th September 2014, 4:04 pm

Welcome! I'm Alyssa Smile It's great to have you here! I'm kinda like you - I was really into Sailor Moon as a kid, and I sort of forgot about it for a while, but then got wayyyy into it again around the age of twelve. Now it's like, everything I do is revolved around Sailor Moon, which is kinda crazy...

Anyway, I'm also reading the manga, but it's my first time. I've seen the 90's dub and PGSM (WHICH I HIGHLY HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU SEE ASAP), along with a few SeraMyu musicals. Neptune is my favorite senshi (obviously), but Uranus and Venus are tied for second. Jupiter is actually my least favorite...but she was my favorite when I was younger. I was in love with her hair for some reason xD

S is definitely my favorite season <3 Outer senshi love is forever undying Very Happy

I am obsessed with J-Pop as well xD. I listen to Momoiro Clover Z while I'm doing homework. I just love the flow of the Japanese language and the cute, high-pitched voices and the happy, upbeat music. It's hard to find people who are into that in America xD.

I am so glad you joined GC, and I hope you enjoy everything it has to offer! If you ever have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to PM me! Have fun on the site!
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Flower Hurricane
Star Seed

Flower Hurricane

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) I_icon_minitime8th September 2014, 4:21 pm

Miss Moon Rose wrote:
Welcome!  I'm Alyssa Smile It's great to have you here!  I'm kinda like you - I was really into Sailor Moon as a kid, and I sort of forgot about it for a while, but then got wayyyy into it again around the age of twelve.  Now it's like, everything I do is revolved around Sailor Moon, which is kinda crazy...

Anyway, I'm also reading the manga, but it's my first time.  I've seen the 90's dub and PGSM (WHICH I HIGHLY HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU SEE ASAP), along with a few SeraMyu musicals.  Neptune is my favorite senshi (obviously), but Uranus and Venus are tied for second.  Jupiter is actually my least favorite...but she was my favorite when I was younger.  I was in love with her hair for some reason xD

S is definitely my favorite season <3 Outer senshi love is forever undying Very Happy

I am obsessed with J-Pop as well xD.  I listen to Momoiro Clover Z while I'm doing homework.  I just love the flow of the Japanese language and the cute, high-pitched voices and the happy, upbeat music.  It's hard to find people who are into that in America xD.

I am so glad you joined GC, and I hope you enjoy everything it has to offer!  If you ever have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to PM me!  Have fun on the site!

Thank you for the welcome! ^^

I've seen a few eps of PGSM, but that was while I was in school and busy, so I forgot about catching up.

I used to love Neptune when I was in elementary school, but I honestly don't know why she doesn't interest me anymore. Funny that my favorite element is water, and I love anything to do with the sea, yet Neptune and Mercury are not my faves.

I don't really know anything by Momoiro Clover Z except Moon Pride, but I hear their album Fifth Dimension is good. I don't listen to much jpop, but I'm open to suggestions. From what I have heard, I probably like Perfume and Namie Amuro the most. Also, Babymetal is fun, haha.

And thanks!

Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) I_icon_minitime8th September 2014, 4:25 pm

Hi!

Which version of Sailor Moon is your favorite?
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) I_icon_minitime8th September 2014, 4:27 pm

Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you here. My name is Erica. You can call me Erica or Hikari. I am a member of the GC welcome quad. I want to extend an extra warm welcome to you. I am also a huge Jupiter fan and absolutely love her in crystal. Like I love her more than i did, just supports my point she is awesome. That is cool you are getting back into the manga, I may have to do a re-read myself, I feel like I read it so fast.

I saw you like Kpop, what are some of the bands you like? 

Have you watched any of the live action or musicals for sailor moon, I love both, such great adaptations.

Well thats it for now, if you ever wanna chat my inbox is always open. I may be slow in getting back to you, due to school and life stuff, but I am available to chat Smile
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Flower Hurricane
Star Seed

Flower Hurricane

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) I_icon_minitime8th September 2014, 5:45 pm

Saturn Skyy wrote:
Hi!

Which version of Sailor Moon is your favorite?

Hello! It's really hard to say. I think I like the manga, 90's anime, and Crystal all equally for different reasons. ^^;;

The tankoubon and the 90's series were my introduction to manga and anime respectively, so they have a special place in my heart above all other manga and anime series. Crystal is great so far, and my faith in it has been renewed with what I think has been the best episode yet with Jupiter and higher quality animation. I'm sure I'll love it even more if the Black Moon, Infinity, Dream, and Stars arcs are made as well.

HikariDemand wrote:
Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you here. My name is Erica. You can call me Erica or Hikari. I am a member of the GC welcome quad. I want to extend an extra warm welcome to you. I am also a huge Jupiter fan and absolutely love her in crystal. Like I love her more than i did, just supports my point she is awesome. That is cool you are getting back into the manga, I may have to do a re-read myself, I feel like I read it so fast.

I saw you like Kpop, what are some of the bands you like? 

Have you watched any of the live action or musicals for sailor moon, I love both, such great adaptations.

Well thats it for now, if you ever wanna chat my inbox is always open. I may be slow in getting back to you, due to school and life stuff, but I am available to chat Smile

Thank you so much for the warm welcome ^_^

Yes! I love her so much in Crystal. I think she got the best debut so far of all the senshi (unfortunately for Mercury and Mars..), partly because I think they finally stepped up the animation for this episode. I'm still getting used to her pretty new hair color, heh. I know that was supposed to be her original color, but I'm so used to it being darker in the old anime.

As for kpop, my two faves are definitely 2NE1 and f(x), but there is probably at least one song I like from every group, though I mostly listen to girl groups. KARA, Nine Muses, Brown Eyed Girls, 4Minute, and now Girl's Day are groups I enjoy. I also adore IU's music.

I've partly watched PGSM. I got busy in the middle of it and forgot about it, but I'll get back to it. I haven't seen any musicals, but hopefully there are some subbed online. They look quite interesting.

Nice to meet you!
Back to top Go down
Reito Herena
Pyramidal Crystal

Reito Herena

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : ╣Writer, Veterinarian, Graphics Designer, Starbucks lover; Jurietto Herena!

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) I_icon_minitime8th September 2014, 6:39 pm

Welcome to the GC forums, fellow newbie! =3 ♥ I'm Jurietto (or otherwise Burrito lul ♥) I've still yet to see the other incarnations of SM but am working my ways up the SM latter! It's great to have you on board and hope you enjoy it here as much as I've been so far! The mods, admins and the rest of the lovely staff are incredibly sweet people, and also you're free to inbox me anytime you want to chat or ask questions as well!

Again, welcome to the GC family! Hope to see you around, dear! =D
Back to top Go down
http://sevenwonders-of-harriethayes.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX4Tv0Jtj_Qv_M8c9-zPuiw
Flower Hurricane
Star Seed

Flower Hurricane

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) I_icon_minitime10th September 2014, 12:28 pm

Eidolon wrote:
Welcome to the GC forums, fellow newbie! =3 ♥ I'm Jurietto (or otherwise Burrito lul ♥) I've still yet to see the other incarnations of SM but am working my ways up the SM latter! It's great to have you on board and hope you enjoy it here as much as I've been so far! The mods, admins and the rest of the lovely staff are incredibly sweet people, and also you're free to inbox me anytime you want to chat or ask questions as well!

Again, welcome to the GC family! Hope to see you around, dear! =D

Thank you for the welcome! ^^
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Lotus Crystal

Batgirl

Lotus Crystal

Title : Batgirl, Batgirl, watcha gonna do?~Dubbed Sailor Potassium Monkey~

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) I_icon_minitime10th September 2014, 3:41 pm

Flower Hurricane wrote:
Hello, all  

Finally decided to join some forums after being into Sailor Moon for so long. I was introduced to SM (and to manga and anime in general) when I started reading the Mixx/Tokyopop manga as a child. I quickly got into the anime after that, and the rest is history.

Well, not really. I've actually been on hiatus from everything Sailor Moon for about eight years. It's also been a long time since I've read any new manga or followed any anime (with the exception of Madoka Magica last year), and, boy, am I out of touch with the snazzy animation that is standard today. I'm only really familiar with 90's and early 00's series. (Wedding Peach, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Tokyo Mew Mew, anyone?)

Anyway, I'm keeping up with Crystal, which I am enjoying so far, and I am currently re-reading the manga.

Due to my long break from both the manga and anime, most details of the arc plots are pretty fuzzy. I don't even remember most of the villains' names. I also never read Stars, hence my re-read of the original series so that I can actually read the last arc! I get the feeling that the anime was waaaaaay different, so I'm not relying on that for the full story.

I suppose I'll get on with my favorite things to keep this from becoming an essay.

My (obvious) favorite senshi is Jupiter. Neptune used to be my second favorite as a child, but for some reason she's not up there anymore. She has been replaced with Uranus, who I actually didn't used to like, lol. Saturn is probably my third favorite. Now with the re-read, re-watch of the 90's show, and Crystal, I'm starting to like Mercury and Pluto more, too.

Favorite season is S, because the outers are amazing in every way, shape, and form.

I don't remember the villains' personalities that well. I do like the Shitennou but only as generals for Earth. :p

And finally, one reason I finally came to this site was because the only other forum I frequent is for kpop/jpop, and there's not enough Sailor Moon discussion there, so if any of you like Asian pop, I'd love to chat sometime. Smile

Nice to meet you.
Hello and welcome to the GC! Oooh, cool another kpop fan. I love Miss A, SNSD, f(x), and Cnblue. What about you? Have you watched any asian dramas, if so I have opened a drama thread where we watch dramas once a week. If you ever want to chat my PM box is always open (although i'm not online all the time).
Back to top Go down
http://theofficialbatgirl.tumblr.com http://theofficialbatgirl.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another newbie :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top