The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! Empty
PostSubject: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 10:20 am

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site but I'm not new to Sailor Moon! I've been a diehard Sailor Moon fan for almost a decade and a half now! I first fell in love with this series way back in 1997 when it started airing on the USA Network. I remember I used to wake up early during the summer to watch their weekday morning cartoon block. They used to have some great cartoons on like Mighty Max and Super Mario Bros and one day they were premiering a new show I had never heard of before called Sailor Moon. The concept looked interesting so I decided to give the first episode a try and I immediately fell in love with it. I would make sure to wake up every morning early that summer just to watch Sailor Moon and when school started back I started taping it all the time too. I remember being really sad when USA Network canceled Sailor Moon and now they don't show any cartoons at all and I don't even really bother to watch the network anymore.

But I was so thrilled when they brought it back to Cartoon Network and even more thrilled when they started airing new episodes. I've seen every episode and movie of Sailor Moon both dubbed and subbed and probably rewatched them about a million times. My first experience with the Japanese version was a raw Real Player file of Ami's First Love I watched online years ago. I had no idea what was going on since it had no subtitles but I enjoyed it all the same. The first anime I ever bought on VHS was the dub of the Sailor Moon R movie and I was so happy to have it even though now I can barely stand to watch the dub anymore. My first time watching the anime subtitled was when I got the subbed version of the S movie for Christmas one year. I have since seen all of the anime subbed. I have both of ADV's uncut season one and two boxsets and I have the R movie DVD and I got the R movie subbed on VHS before I had upgraded to DVD. I also own a bunch of random VHS tapes of the edited dub and a few of the "uncut" dub of Supers that Pioneer had released. But I don't have the S and Supers DVD boxsets or the other two movies on DVD sadly since the boxsets were always too expensive for me to get and now that they're out of print I can't get them anymore. I have been buying Kodansha USA's re-release of the Sailor Moon manga and the Sailor V manga though and I've been really enjoying them. I'm especially glad to finally get to read Sailor V.

Sailor Moon was both my first anime series and my first manga and I've been hooked on anime and manga ever since. I only owned a few of the flipped versions of the Sailor Moon manga though because I was always holding out hope that we would eventually get an unflipped re-release so now that we finally got one, I've been buying them like crazy. I now own all of the Sailor V manga and the first five vol of Sailor Moon. I was going to get vol 6 at the bookstore earlier this month but they were sold out of copies so I'll have to look for it next time I go there. I've also seen all of PGSM which I enjoyed a lot but I've only got to see one of the Seramyu musicals fansubbed and I hope to see more one day. While I still love Sailor Moon and consider it one of my top favorites, it's not actually my number one favorite anymore however, and I'm a bit more critical of its flaws than I used to be when I first started getting into it. My current favorite anime series is Fullmetal Alchemist, both the original anime and the Brotherhood remake, but my favorite may change again when the new Sailor Moon anime comes out depending on how well it is as my favorite anime has changed several times over the years. The Sailor Moon manga is still my all time favorite manga series though.

In addition to anime and manga, I'm also a big fan of fantasy and sci-fi in general and I love watching fantasy and sci-fi movies and TV shows and I'm a big geek for fantasy and sci-fi novels too. Right now I'm especially obsessed with George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones series. My favorite movie is the sci-fi classic Blade Runner. It's nice to meet everyone! I found this forum randomly by Googling for a Sailor Moon forum. I used to post at the Sailor Moon Uncensored forums years ago under the username Cardcaptor-Takato but I haven't posted in anime forum for years since then after their forums closed down. But I'm really looking forward to this forum and I'm glad to see there's still life in the Sailor Moon fandom. Hopefully the new anime will bring in lots of new fans and even more discussion too.
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 10:27 am

Welcome to GC neon! I'm anjyu the chibi Jupiter here dubbed by sailor Jupiter our wonderful admin. who's your favorite senshi and what other animes do you like? I've also been a diehard since the 90s. What's else is in your sailor moon collection besides DVDs and manga?
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 10:29 am

Welcome to GC Neon Genesis^^! You'll have a wonderful time browsing all the topics and I'm sure you've noticed how nice everyone is to each other in here! That's one reason why I love this forum^^.

Wow, your post is SO detailed... Amazing^^! I hope Toei will make all seasons of the anime again... It wouldn't be nice to have only season one and so on...

BTW, do you rp?

Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 10:44 am

Neon Genesis wrote:
In addition to anime and manga, I'm also a big fan of fantasy and sci-fi in general and I love watching fantasy and sci-fi movies and TV shows and I'm a big geek for fantasy and sci-fi novels too. Right now I'm especially obsessed with George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones series.

Wooo!!! <3 Scifi/Fantasy! ヾ(^∇^) Game of Thones is really cool! ^^' though I'm still working on the second book in the series, teehee... I heard something horrible happens in the third. ._.

What other series are you in to? Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern got me into both genres singlehandedly and I love hearing of new books to check out!

!! Have you read Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card?
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 10:50 am

My favorite Sailor Soldier is Sailor Mars. I always loved how even though Rei and Usagi got into a lot of fights with each other, they were always the closest of friends and I feel like they care more deeply for each other than Usagi and her other friends do. I always cried during that scene in Sailor Stars where Rei confronts Usagi about her relationship with Seiya and I love that scene where she dresses up as a fortune teller to give Usagi confidence. I think about the only Sailor Moon merchandise I own is I have that horribly cheesy 3D Adventures of Sailor Moon computer game DiC made years ago. I'm a guy Sailor Moon fan and while I don't feel ashamed about admitting I love this series, it seems like most of the merchandise out there is targeted at either little girls or teen girls. I do wish there was more merchandise for guy Sailor Moon fans.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 10:57 am

Wow that was quite the introduction! Sounds just like me growing up (but my first time watching the Japanese version was the Stars season when I was about 11). Welcome to the GC forums! Very Happy you'll really love it here; it's an amazing Sailor Moon forum. Everyone here is great.

I also loved the relationship between Usagi and Rei. It's really sweet. I hope to see some more Usagi and Minako in the new anime though Razz
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 11:03 am

Sailor Uranus wrote:

What other series are you in to? Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern got me into both genres singlehandedly and I love hearing of new books to check out!

My other top favorite fantasy series are Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy, the Wicked Cycle by Gregory Maguire, The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, and I also love the Harry Potter books. I haven't read Dragonriders of Pern yet but I've heard a lot of great things about it and I keep meaning to read it one day. I have recently started reading Ender's Game and I've been enjoying it so far but I'm less than thrilled with Orson Scott Card as a person but for reasons I'm not sure we can discuss here on this forum without going into a religion or political debate.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 11:17 am

Neon Genesis wrote:
Sailor Uranus wrote:

My other top favorite fantasy series are Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy, the Wicked Cycle by Gregory Maguire, The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, and I also love the Harry Potter books. I haven't read Dragonriders of Pern yet but I've heard a lot of great things about it and I keep meaning to read it one day. I have recently started reading Ender's Game and I've been enjoying it so far but I'm less than thrilled with Orson Scott Card as a person but for reasons I'm not sure we can discuss here on this forum without going into a religion or political debate.

lol, gotcha XD

I've heard of His Dark Materials, I think! Is that the series with The Golden Compass, the Amber Spyglass and the Subtle Knife? ._. I'm a Potterhead, but I haven't heard of the Wicked Cycle or the Dresden Files before. Smile Are they fantasy or sci fi? Or a mix of both?
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 11:31 am

Sailor Uranus wrote:

I've heard of His Dark Materials, I think! Is that the series with The Golden Compass, the Amber Spyglass and the Subtle Knife? ._. I'm a Potterhead, but I haven't heard of the Wicked Cycle or the Dresden Files before. Smile Are they fantasy or sci fi? Or a mix of both?
Those are the ones. The Wicked Cycle and the Dresden Files are both fantasy. Wicked is Gregory Maguire's reimagining/prequel of The Wizard of Oz where he retells The Wizard of Oz from the perspective of the Wicked Witch of the West, Elphaba. It was also turned into a Broadway musical but I should warn you ahead of time that while the Wicked musical is family friendly, the Wicked books aren't and there's lots of graphic violence and sex in the Wicked books but they're very deep and inspiring and thought provoking. The Dresden Files is about this wizard detective Harry Dresden that solves supernatural cases for the police force. It's like Harry Potter meets CSI but it's very addicting and funny. I've also recently become addicted to Terry Pratchett's Discworld.

Last edited by Neon Genesis on 14th July 2012, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 11:32 am

Whoops. Accidentally double posted.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 11:37 am

Neon Genesis wrote:
Sailor Uranus wrote:

Those are the ones. The Wicked Cycle and the Dresden Files are both fantasy. Wicked is Gregory Maguire's reimagining/prequel of The Wizard of Oz where he retells The Wizard of Oz from the perspective of the Wicked Witch of the West, Elphaba. It was also turned into a Broadway musical but I should warn you ahead of time that while the Wicked musical is family friendly, the Wicked books aren't and there's lots of graphic violence and sex in the Wicked books but they're very deep and inspiring and thought provoking. The Dresden Files is about this wizard detective Harry Dresden that solves supernatural cases for the police force. It's like Harry Potter meets CSI but it's very addicting and funny. I've also recently become addicted to Terry Pratchett's Discworld.

!! Wicked! Aaaah! lol. I've read more than the first half of that book (...then the person I was borrowing it from had to move, so that was the end of that, ^^') and I have definitely heard of Discworld; the group I hung out with in high school were all over those!

The Dresden Files sound interesting! I'll have to find a way to read them!
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 11:39 am

I love the Glinda and Elphaba shipping in the first book. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks they should dump Fiyero for each other.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 11:43 am

!!! Lol, I kinda did that, too ♥ ♥ teehee
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 12:06 pm

For other info about myself, as I said before, I'm a guy, I'm 27 years old, and I'm in my third year of college currently, but I still haven't really decided on a major yet. I don't have much in the way of special talents or anything though I do know how to play the violin. Of course, I'm nowhere near as good at it as Michiru is but I don't think I'm quite as bad as Usagi. ^^;; I'm also gay but I'm still in the closet offline so dating is difficult for me right now and I'm still single sadly.
Back to top Go down
bunbun
Pyramidal Crystal

bunbun

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Chibi Neptune :3

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 12:13 pm

Welcome to the GC Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 12:35 pm

Welcome to the forum! I am so glad that you are here with us. I think you'll really like it. ^^ You have such an enthusiasm for Sailor Moon and that is always wonderful to see. You'll fit in perfectly! Very Happy

Please do come to me, your Members Director, if you have any questions at all. Sometimes all the little forums can get confusing, so if you have any inquiries, feel free to direct them to me. Wink

I almost fell out of my chair when you mentioned that you like the Game of Thrones series. I am obsessed! I watched the two seasons and then delved right into the books. I finished the first two books in a week and a half and now I am on book three. I love them so. so. much. Very Happy Have you read them as well? If so, how many of them? Please do tell me your favorite characters and all.

Also, what are your favorite topics of study in school? I did my associates in liberal arts before I settled on a major for my B.A. And then I chose another topic for my Masters. Heh. So many things to choose from!

I play the piano and flute but I have always wanted to learn violin! Alas, I could never stand the thought of sounding like a dying cat during those beginner lessons. XD I worked at a music school and gods, it just sounds horrible. lol. I know it is a stepping stone but still. I would hurt my own ears.

It is difficult to be of a sexual orientation that may be frowned upon by others. Hopefully you can gather courage from being here and sharing how you feel with others. Maybe one day you can tell people in your life how you wish to live and dating will be easier. Wink (although, when is dating ever easy?)
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 1:17 pm

Ooh, I would LOVE to play the violin <3! But I agree with Becks, it would sound just like a dying cat first XD! But I’d still love it…

I’m very happy that you are able to tell about your sexual orientation here. I hope you’ll get courage to tell others about it, too^^. I know MANY people in real life who are of sexual orientations and they’re all SO nice! One of them is actually one of my best friends ^__^.
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 1:35 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Welcome to the forum! I am so glad that you are here with us. I think you'll really like it. ^^ You have such an enthusiasm for Sailor Moon and that is always wonderful to see. You'll fit in perfectly! Very Happy

Please do come to me, your Members Director, if you have any questions at all. Sometimes all the little forums can get confusing, so if you have any inquiries, feel free to direct them to me. Wink

I almost fell out of my chair when you mentioned that you like the Game of Thrones series. I am obsessed! I watched the two seasons and then delved right into the books. I finished the first two books in a week and a half and now I am on book three. I love them so. so. much. Very Happy Have you read them as well? If so, how many of them? Please do tell me your favorite characters and all.

Also, what are your favorite topics of study in school? I did my associates in liberal arts before I settled on a major for my B.A. And then I chose another topic for my Masters. Heh. So many things to choose from!

Thanks for the offering of help! I used to post a lot on anime forums when I first got into anime but I kind of fell out of the anime fandom community for a few years. I still watched a lot of anime and read a lot of manga but I only really talked about it with my friends and didn't hang out on anime forums much. I posted at the AnimeonDVD.com forums for awhile but they always kept posting doom and gloom threads about the downfall of the R1 anime industry and I found it depressing when I just wanted to talk about my favorite shows so I didn't post much. But hearing about the new Sailor Moon remake really wanted me to get back into anime fandom again so I just did a Google search for Sailor Moon forums and this site was one of the first that popped up and it looked like a really interesting site with a lot of active thoughtful discussions. My favorite subjects so far have been Environmental Science and English. I liked going outside on field trips to do science experiments but I don't know that I'm smart enough or creative enough for a science major. I also liked English but I absolutely hate writing essays in the MLA format. I wish they had an easier format we could write in. And I've only read the first Game of Thrones book and I'm about half-way through A Clash of Kings. I've also seen the first five episodes of the TV series. My favorite characters have been Arya, Daenyrs, Jon Snow, and Tyrion.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 2:47 pm

OOOH HAAAAAIIII. It's great when we get new male members. yaaaay! And you are right, it'd be nice to have some guy moonie merchandise. I know they at least had a men's tshirt out there with the new stuff going around.

AND YAY SOMEONE WHO LIKES THE HIS DARK MATERIALS TRILOGY. I really really really need to reread that series becuase its been such a long time. But I LOVED it so much when i read it. It's probably been almost 10 years since i read it though. o.o....

Anyway, welcome to the GC!! You are just in time for our One Year anniversary event that starts tomorrow!! Feel free to join in and watch tons of sailor moon on our livestream page. You'll find links for everything tomorrow. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Pyramidal Crystal

Enigma

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Restless

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 4:30 pm

Neon Genesis wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm new to this site but I'm not new to Sailor Moon! I've been a diehard Sailor Moon fan for almost a decade and a half now! I first fell in love with this series way back in 1997 when it started airing on the USA Network. I remember I used to wake up early during the summer to watch their weekday morning cartoon block. They used to have some great cartoons on like Mighty Max and Super Mario Bros and one day they were premiering a new show I had never heard of before called Sailor Moon. The concept looked interesting so I decided to give the first episode a try and I immediately fell in love with it. I would make sure to wake up every morning early that summer just to watch Sailor Moon and when school started back I started taping it all the time too. I remember being really sad when USA Network canceled Sailor Moon and now they don't show any cartoons at all and I don't even really bother to watch the network anymore.

But I was so thrilled when they brought it back to Cartoon Network and even more thrilled when they started airing new episodes. I've seen every episode and movie of Sailor Moon both dubbed and subbed and probably rewatched them about a million times. My first experience with the Japanese version was a raw Real Player file of Ami's First Love I watched online years ago. I had no idea what was going on since it had no subtitles but I enjoyed it all the same. The first anime I ever bought on VHS was the dub of the Sailor Moon R movie and I was so happy to have it even though now I can barely stand to watch the dub anymore. My first time watching the anime subtitled was when I got the subbed version of the S movie for Christmas one year. I have since seen all of the anime subbed. I have both of ADV's uncut season one and two boxsets and I have the R movie DVD and I got the R movie subbed on VHS before I had upgraded to DVD. I also own a bunch of random VHS tapes of the edited dub and a few of the "uncut" dub of Supers that Pioneer had released. But I don't have the S and Supers DVD boxsets or the other two movies on DVD sadly since the boxsets were always too expensive for me to get and now that they're out of print I can't get them anymore. I have been buying Kodansha USA's re-release of the Sailor Moon manga and the Sailor V manga though and I've been really enjoying them. I'm especially glad to finally get to read Sailor V.

Sailor Moon was both my first anime series and my first manga and I've been hooked on anime and manga ever since. I only owned a few of the flipped versions of the Sailor Moon manga though because I was always holding out hope that we would eventually get an unflipped re-release so now that we finally got one, I've been buying them like crazy. I now own all of the Sailor V manga and the first five vol of Sailor Moon. I was going to get vol 6 at the bookstore earlier this month but they were sold out of copies so I'll have to look for it next time I go there. I've also seen all of PGSM which I enjoyed a lot but I've only got to see one of the Seramyu musicals fansubbed and I hope to see more one day. While I still love Sailor Moon and consider it one of my top favorites, it's not actually my number one favorite anymore however, and I'm a bit more critical of its flaws than I used to be when I first started getting into it. My current favorite anime series is Fullmetal Alchemist, both the original anime and the Brotherhood remake, but my favorite may change again when the new Sailor Moon anime comes out depending on how well it is as my favorite anime has changed several times over the years. The Sailor Moon manga is still my all time favorite manga series though.

In addition to anime and manga, I'm also a big fan of fantasy and sci-fi in general and I love watching fantasy and sci-fi movies and TV shows and I'm a big geek for fantasy and sci-fi novels too. Right now I'm especially obsessed with George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones series. My favorite movie is the sci-fi classic Blade Runner. It's nice to meet everyone! I found this forum randomly by Googling for a Sailor Moon forum. I used to post at the Sailor Moon Uncensored forums years ago under the username Cardcaptor-Takato but I haven't posted in anime forum for years since then after their forums closed down. But I'm really looking forward to this forum and I'm glad to see there's still life in the Sailor Moon fandom. Hopefully the new anime will bring in lots of new fans and even more discussion too.

Welcome to the forum ^^

That's awesome you play the violin! Are you familiar with Lindsey Stirling? I just recently discovered her music and I think I'm in love<3 haha.

I'm a big fan of fantasy myself, before coming here I spent that better part of the last 10 years roleplaying fantasy, and still pick up a book from time to time. I've gotten more into reading philosophy lately, though. I wish they would come out with more fantasy movies in Hollywood, it's not fair!
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 5:28 pm

I'm not familiar with Lindsey Stirling. My favorite classical music is Gustav Holst's The Planets. I wish there was more fantasy movies too but we do have The Hobbit coming out later this year. Did you catch Snow White and the Huntsman, Enigma? And that's neat you're into Philosophy. I took a college course in Philosophy and got an A in it and I enjoyed it a lot. By the way, how do you upload an avatar for your posts?
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Pyramidal Crystal

Enigma

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 5:40 pm

Under Profile there an option to change your avatar/signature etc, you should see it under the logo at the top of the screen (:
Yep I did see it! I couldn't resist an evil Julia Roberts xD. I thought it was good overall, and nice soundtrack too. I think all the actors/actresses played their roles great. Chances are if a fantasy movie comes out I get so excited I'll make the effort to catch it on the big screen Very Happy . I totally forgot about The Hobbit, it looks good as well

https://www.youtube.com/user/lindseystomp Crystallize is the first song I heard by her, I love it! She's so artistic/creative..and great dancer too.. haha. Its probably one of the first dubstep songs I've liked..
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 6:26 pm

Thanks, I think it works now.
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Pyramidal Crystal

Enigma

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 6:30 pm

Yep, it is. Ooh Tsuki and some of the others are going to love your avatar x]
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 7:55 pm

Enigma wrote:
Yep, it is. Ooh Tsuki and some of the others are going to love your avatar x]

You hit the point again Enigma XD! I saw Genesis' avatar and was like: Aww, so cute <33!
I've actually seen this before, too XD. The maker of it posted it on DA ^^
Back to top Go down
Gerrant
Star Seed

Gerrant

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime15th July 2012, 8:49 am

I hope I can find the courage to tell others my sexual orientation.
<---- Bi sexual this has inspired me to have more courage into telling others. Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime15th July 2012, 3:09 pm

Welcome Neon! I hope you enjoy it around here with us all in the GC!
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
Chronos Typhoon
Lotus Crystal

Chronos Typhoon

Lotus Crystal

Title : Official Sailor Pluto/Setsuna Meiou of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime15th July 2012, 7:22 pm

Welcome to GC!
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/chronostyphoon http://kawaiisailorlifee.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/missaidanatrocity92
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime17th July 2012, 8:57 pm

Hi Neon! Welcome to GC and glad to have another male member here! ^^ By the way, guessing from your username, are you a fan of Evangelion?
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime18th July 2012, 4:47 pm

Much belated welcome, XD. ^_^"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!   Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie Member But Not Newbie Fan!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top