The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
yukeee
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Yuki~~

Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7th July 2014, 5:05 pm

I really loved the transformation sequence but I hope they don't show it in every episode as it's time consuming. They could do the transformations as they were used in PGSM.

About the roses and Tuxedo Mask, I believe that in the old anime Sailor Moon depended a lot on Mamoru's roses and speaches, not like on the manga where as the story goes on she grows stronger and more independent. I believe that this more confident Sailor Moon is that one that we will see as Crystal goes further in the story, as well as in the next seasons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.plurk.com/yukeee/invite
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7th July 2014, 5:21 pm

It's interesting to see everyone's opinions especially those who are new to the show. I bet new fans would have been a little confused during the dream in the beginning, and the moment between Usagi and Mamoru.

I'm glad they already put the base down for Usagi and Mamoru's relationship. I noticed that in the other versions, he would you usually be the first one in their first encounter to look away or walk away but this time it was Usagi. He watched her walk away for a while. I thought that was kind of new. And it was nice how they kind of felt like they recognized each other.

This version also felt a little bit darker. Can't wait for the blood and 
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7th July 2014, 5:34 pm

The manga went that way too, sorta. They didn't go by the "Love at first sight" stage, but Usagi slowly started crushing on Mamoru when they were still bickering, even though she didn't have any idea he was Tuxedo Kamen. (That she already loved)

Pretty sure they were in love even before Usagi awakened as Serenity, too. And PGSM did it flawlessly. Wish the original anime went that way too

Have to admit this "EYE CONTACT OF FATE" thing, as much as I love it as a trope, will seem pointless if it's just for Mamoru. I hope Usagi feels that way too when she meets the others.

Spoiler:

It's 3 am sorry if what I write is barely english anymore. Nighty, guys~
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime8th July 2014, 10:19 pm

I personally loved episode 1 and found it to be a very beautiful experience.  I loved the new animation and the music, especially that epic choir music that played when Usagi was about to transform.  I can't wait until the soundtrack is released.   I also loved the extra amount of detail they paid to the artwork.  Like it seems like in the original anime, the backgrounds were very static and generic but in Crystal you can see people walking in the background and you can see Tokyo Tower and other houses in the background more, just little stuff like that which I feel gives it a more cinematic experience.  My only real disappointment with Crystal is that I felt like Morga wasn't as scary as she was in the original anime.  I wish they kept the creepy twisting neck thing.  But I loved Mamoru's new VA and was very impressed by it.  I almost thought it was Toru Furuya at first.  But why doesn't Hulu include the next episode preview?  I hope we'll get to see it on the DVD/Blu Ray release at least.
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

Title : Resident Time Lady

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime9th July 2014, 11:50 am

I had to say I loved it! Watched it four times already lol.

I had been a little worried about the art, especially because of how it looked in the teaser trailer. I think they did actually fix the wonky eye everyone  was worried about after her transformation.
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime9th July 2014, 7:51 pm

The new episode was great! Especially Usagi’s and Luna’s expressions. Mamoru looks so different! (Why are you running around in your thievery tux in broad daylight?!) I love, love, love the opening/midpoint/closing still images!

I like that Crystal is a little more “serious” yet still humorous.  I enjoyed Mitsuishi’s VAing better in this new anime than the original. It’s too bad SM’s shriek attack probably will never be used again; that could be used in so many funny ways.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime9th July 2014, 8:12 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:
The manga went that way too, sorta. They didn't go by the "Love at first sight" stage, but Usagi slowly started crushing on Mamoru when they were still bickering, even though she didn't have any idea he was Tuxedo Kamen. (That she already loved)

Pretty sure they were in love even before Usagi awakened as Serenity, too. And PGSM did it flawlessly. Wish the original anime went that way too

Have to admit this "EYE CONTACT OF FATE" thing, as much as I love it as a trope, will seem pointless if it's just for Mamoru. I hope Usagi feels that way too when she meets the others.

Spoiler:

It's 3 am sorry if what I write is barely english anymore. Nighty, guys~
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

Title : that one j-idol and k-pop fangirl.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime9th July 2014, 8:27 pm

Plumeriaroja wrote:
The new episode was great! Especially Usagi’s and Luna’s expressions. Mamoru looks so different! (Why are you running around in your thievery tux in broad daylight?!) I love, love, love the opening/midpoint/closing still images!

I like that Crystal is a little more “serious” yet still humorous.  I enjoyed Mitsuishi’s VAing better in this new anime than the original. It’s too bad SM’s shriek attack probably will never be used again; that could be used in so many funny ways.

yes! omg. that shriek attack was the highlight of sailor moon classic!

but omg. i really loved this. i've been recommending this to everyone. and i just love the eyecatches. they're so beautiful. i love the ones for the title sequence. i was a bit worried about the art fo a minute there, but then it's just so beautiful. and seeing usagi a lot more serious here than in the original anime was more of a shocker. i really hope to see her grow more independent and stronger throughout her journey.
Back to top Go down
seiya.sky
Star Seed

seiya.sky

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th July 2014, 4:50 am

ToriJ wrote:
Everything about it is awesome. I'm going through the Time Door to watch all the future episodes because I can't wait so long! Let me in, Pluto! Pluto! Pluto, seriously...

CHOTTO MATTE KUDASAI~ ToriJ, bring me with you too~

Onegai Pluto~ Let us in~ *door banging*
Back to top Go down
seiya.sky
Star Seed

seiya.sky

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th July 2014, 5:00 am

Hmm.. this is weird and it seems no one has voiced it ANYWHERE yet?

During the "after school hours" scene when Mamoru caught Usagi's crumpled english exam script with both hands.. his pocket watch was clearly showing 8 o'clock!?!?
 Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 2463175101 
(did he just return from another time zone? haha~)
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th July 2014, 5:30 am

Wasn't the pocket watch broken? The only time it started ticking again in the manga was when Endimyon awakened and approached it (although possessed)
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th July 2014, 8:35 am

Mayonnaise wrote:
Wasn't the pocket watch broken? The only time it started ticking again in the manga was when Endimyon awakened and approached it (although possessed)
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
yukeee
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Yuki~~

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th July 2014, 10:53 am

Sailor Lily wrote:
Mayonnaise wrote:
Spoiler:
What a hard lap Usagi has, then. hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.plurk.com/yukeee/invite
Nessie
Star Seed

Nessie

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime11th July 2014, 4:22 pm

I loooved the first ep!! I thought the animation and style was so beautiful in motion. They really didn't give much away with the teaser pictures, which is pretty cool!! It felt so new. I love how vibrant the colors are and everyone looks so gorgeous, which I guess may irk some people? But I still think she had a pretty young look and she acted very much like a young confused girl. I dunno if it's because sound quality is much better now, but I think her voice sounds even more awesome than it did years ago! I didn't even know that was possible xD

Was it 100% perfect, to me? No, there were definitely a few animation irks I noticed, but overall I thought it was fantastic. A lot of people seem to miss the 90s emotions and all - when I started rewatching the episodes on Hulu, I had actually forgotten just how cartoony it actually was! But anime now doesn't have such over the top emotions, so I think it's just within the right parameters of where anime is now. She looks like a young confused girl, which is pretty understandable, and she did show plenty of emotions even in the first episode. The only scene that seemed too much for me was when Luna was talking to her. Otherwise, I thought the pacing was spot on. 

Her speech and attack were amazing though! I loved the hair swirling around dramatically. The henshin was okay, it's actually growing on me LOL I am not a fan of "cg2d" looks anyway, just preference. But I do love the different "camera angles", I thought that was really cool. I wonder if it's possible to do them in different camera sequence later on? Like looking over a different shoulder or something. I think that'd be pretty cool. 

Overall I enjoyed the first episode and can't wait wait wait for more!
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th July 2014, 1:25 pm

Yeah, I was glad they didn't give away too much with the trailers.  I was annoyed with all the people complaining that the trailers didn't reveal enough of the animation to us.  While I'm not outraged by spoilers, I did like having something to be surprised about with the first episode's premiere.
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th July 2014, 3:41 pm

Episode 2 will be released today or tomorrow? I forgot.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th July 2014, 3:53 pm

Saturday!
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Sifr
Star Seed

Sifr

Star Seed

Title : Guardian Matron of the Magical Girls

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th July 2014, 4:33 pm

Saturday 6AM EST/3AM PST.

-vibrates in anticipation-
Back to top Go down
http://escalation.jcink.net http://sifriria.tumblr.com/
Viranella
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : The british CereCere

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime18th July 2014, 11:06 am

Oh my god YAH - i really adore Usagi's Hair! Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 2869872805 and i love the Pocke-Watch from Mamoru hehe...

I also love how it's pretty much oriented to the Manga.
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime18th July 2014, 11:38 am

Are we all staying up again? I better take a nap...  Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 1637294219
Back to top Go down
Sifr
Star Seed

Sifr

Star Seed

Title : Guardian Matron of the Magical Girls

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime18th July 2014, 11:39 am

Omg. I want to stay up to see it but that'll be 6 AM... Too early to be awake, too late to fall asleep... Uuuuugh
Back to top Go down
http://escalation.jcink.net http://sifriria.tumblr.com/
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime18th July 2014, 11:57 am

I'm definitely waking up at 5am to watch it. ♥
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Viranella
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : The british CereCere

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime18th July 2014, 12:15 pm

Aurae wrote:
I'm definitely waking up at 5am to watch it. ♥

me too!
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime18th July 2014, 12:20 pm

It comes on for me at 3am... sadly I have to be up at 5am for a 16 hour car ride... :\
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS   Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Episode 1 - SPOILERS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top