The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch Empty
PostSubject: Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch   Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch I_icon_minitime9th October 2011, 6:52 pm

Recently I noticed there was a difference between Naoko's older color works (this includes her artbooks) and her newer works of Sailor Saturn's brooch in her "eternal" form. In the new recent artwork where Naoko has drawn Saturn, her brooch has been gold/yellow each time where in Naoko's older works, Saturn's brooch is purple. Here's an image to show the differences:

Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch Sailorsaturndebate

She has drawn Sailor Saturn with a golden/yellow brooch only twice since the reprint, but both which appear on the reprinted manga. So here's my debate...

Did Naoko deliberately change Sailor Saturn's brooch color for the reprint or did she make a mistake? What's your thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch   Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch I_icon_minitime9th October 2011, 7:08 pm

Are all the senshi's brooches changed? I believe all of them had their main/aura color for their brooches I will have to go back and look you made me curious.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch   Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch I_icon_minitime9th October 2011, 7:11 pm

Is the first picture from a manga cover or artbook? I'm just curious, because I kind of like the wispy art style more, XD.
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch   Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch I_icon_minitime9th October 2011, 7:19 pm

Sailor Pluto wrote:
Is the first picture from a manga cover or artbook? I'm just curious, because I kind of like the wispy art style more, XD.

The first image is from the 5th artbook ^^
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch   Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch I_icon_minitime9th October 2011, 7:23 pm

Siren wrote:
Are all the senshi's brooches changed? I believe all of them had their main/aura color for their brooches I will have to go back and look you made me curious.

I double checked on this and there was one additional character that seemed to have a brooch color change. That was Chibiusa. She use to have a pink brooch in the eternal form and now its gold/yellow. All the other senshi brooches have remained the same though.

And yay for curiosity! ^^
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch   Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch I_icon_minitime10th October 2011, 9:18 am

... o.o my head instantly goes to the ChibiMoon / Saturn pairing as the leaders of the new soldiers. I wonder if Sailors Pallas, Juno, Vesta and Ceres brooches have changed from black to gold?
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch   Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 7:50 am

Kyralih wrote:
... o.o my head instantly goes to the ChibiMoon / Saturn pairing as the leaders of the new soldiers. I wonder if Sailors Pallas, Juno, Vesta and Ceres brooches have changed from black to gold?

Very interesting concept. ^^ I went back and checked on it though and Pallas, Juno, Vesta, and Ceres all had colored brooches and as far as I know, they did not have any new images drawn of them since Naoko. Here's an image with them having colored brooches.

Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch V5-32

Did you have an image where Pallas, Juno, Vesta, and Ceres had black brooches though? That would be interesting and could very well be the reason why Saturn's/Chibimoon's brooches changed color.
Back to top Go down
SailorStarWind
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorStarWind

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : DEAD ACCOUNT left anime fandom to study

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch   Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 9:21 pm

If it only happened in their eternal fuku, that would be around the time ChibiUsa became "TEH MAIDEN!" and got her own senshi, so perhaps the brooches indicate that they're part of their own new team? :? The only variable I can think of that would affect Chibi and Hota but not the others is the implication (at the end of SuperS in the manga) that Chibimoon and Saturn would be part of the earth's new team- with the asteroid senshi- after the others die/retire/leave in the TARDIS/reincarnate. (Yeah, I just added that third one, though...)
Back to top Go down
Cait
Star Seed

Cait

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch   Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch I_icon_minitime29th October 2011, 7:47 pm

A long while back I was browsing dA and came across a journal entry by a cosplayer who was dismayed to Naoko's consistency in Eternal Sailor Moon's fuku. She was designing her cosplay off of the artbook versions, and provided examples as to why many minute details (such as the brooch or gloves) were all different in most drawings.

Doesn't apply really to Saturn, but I think Naoko did this with other characters as well just to shake things up.
Back to top Go down
http://burnthestatic.tumblr.com
Chillygodzilly
Lotus Crystal

Chillygodzilly

Lotus Crystal

Title : Previously Lovely Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch   Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch I_icon_minitime29th October 2011, 7:54 pm

I feel either she didn't go buy her exacted colorings(She must be pushed for time to get these things to the publisher)
or the yellow looked better and didn't blend as much and maybe she didn't want it to stick out compare to other senshi...just my thoughts :p
Back to top Go down
http://www.chillygodzilly.tumblr.com http://chillygodzilly.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/baybswurl95
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch   Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch I_icon_minitime13th April 2013, 4:32 pm

Quote :
A long while back I was browsing dA and came across a journal entry by a cosplayer who was dismayed to Naoko's consistency in Eternal Sailor Moon's fuku. She was designing her cosplay off of the artbook versions, and provided examples as to why many minute details (such as the brooch or gloves) were all different in most drawings.

Doesn't apply really to Saturn, but I think Naoko did this with other characters as well just to shake things up.

I agree with this, Naoko has made it a habit of playing with different colors in her artwork because she seems more into art then story making which she seems to have difficult with writing stories and finishing stories, she has a pile of unfinished manga.

She often changed all the characters hair colors and eye colors and at some times designs but when it came to what was actually happening in the manga, the details remain the same which gave her plenty of room to enjoy and play the art aspect of her characters without interfering with the characters in the story since those paintings were outside of the story^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch   Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Debate: Sailor Saturn's Star Brooch

View previous topic View next topic Back to top