The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Clegginator
Pyramidal Crystal

Clegginator

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Sailor Bedfordshire, Soldier of pre-2014 Memes and Gaming!

Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime11th June 2018, 11:13 am

So, I've been wanting to make an RP to start out with my first RP character (This one), and I do have a rough idea:
Sailor Koronis attempts to engage with a Youma, but is overwhelmed, only surviving due to other nearby senshi (could be otaku or canon at this point, not sure) noticing and bailing him out, but he doesn't see who they are initially. He eventually finds them again (could be another battle or something) and manages to team up with them to pursue bigger threats.

As my first RP, I'm not sure how much I need to put in. Should I have things in detail or left vague for flexibility? Should I plan a definitive end? What slots should I open up for others? Should I go for otaku or canon senshi for the others?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUHZf7RdwjZkbr-LdWwBnJA
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime11th June 2018, 12:50 pm

Sailor Mercury wrote:

You'd have to at least have an inkling of where you wanted to go with her, partially so that you can write her profile for acceptance and partially so that you don't wind up with a quickly-stalled Storyline.

Other than that, though, your best bet is opening up an OOC to see who might be interested. If you focused on getting one or two other people to play active characters, that can be easier than trying to get a game started with a huge cast list.
Which makes perfect sense. I do have an inkling, but it's not set in stone yet-and that's something that's needed for the profile to make sure you're not going OOC-especially if it's going to be an advanced profile. 

Now I just have one more question-what if you end up with the whole characters' story figured out, but since other players are trying to figure it out, wouldn't said info on the profile be a bit of a spoiler as to how the direction of the RP is going to go? How would that go on a profile? Under a spoiler tag, or just written like any other profile? I'm fine with either; I just need an extra clarification is all.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime11th June 2018, 1:39 pm

I'd recommend that you write it like any other profile. Most RPs don't involve knowledge of other characters between characters unless it's been specifically established in the OOC thread or side-discussions. In a way it is a "spoiler" for the RP plot if that's what will be revealed, but considering that an RP is about actions, reactions, and connections it is usually fine. Plus, if they read it, it might serve as inspiration for other players and give them ideas of what they'd like to include or focus on!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime11th June 2018, 2:36 pm

Clegginator wrote:
So, I've been wanting to make an RP to start out with my first RP character (This one), and I do have a rough idea:
Sailor Koronis attempts to engage with a Youma, but is overwhelmed, only surviving due to other nearby senshi (could be otaku or canon at this point, not sure) noticing and bailing him out, but he doesn't see who they are initially. He eventually finds them again (could be another battle or something) and manages to team up with them to pursue bigger threats.

As my first RP, I'm not sure how much I need to put in. Should I have things in detail or left vague for flexibility? Should I plan a definitive end? What slots should I open up for others? Should I go for otaku or canon senshi for the others?
Leaving things open-ended is fine, especially in a Relaxed rp, as it gives that flexibility you were talking about. A general organizational prompt or flow works well! You may want to include a line or two about where you hope the RP ends up - i.e., fighting a big bad, or just getting characters to know each other, that kind of thing.

If you were still on the fence as to whether you wanted canon or otaku, with all these new otaku senshi popping up I think putting emphasis on the otaku characters rather than canon could work better at finding people to play! Open it up so that even as you're introducing your OC, they are introducing theirs, or giving theirs another place or opportunity to grow; you could put it in a country other than Japan if you still wanted the option to interact with canon senshi in the future but wanted an easy way to explain their noninvolvement with the current storyline!

Definitely make the OOC board before making a storyline submission; that will give you and the players an opportunity to get an firmer idea in mind and lets them work their character in more fluidly!
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Clegginator
Pyramidal Crystal

Clegginator

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime11th June 2018, 10:29 pm

Sailor Uranus wrote:
Clegginator wrote:

Leaving things open-ended is fine, especially in a Relaxed rp, as it gives that flexibility you were talking about. A general organizational prompt or flow works well! You may want to include a line or two about where you hope the RP ends up - i.e., fighting a big bad, or just getting characters to know each other, that kind of thing.

If you were still on the fence as to whether you wanted canon or otaku, with all these new otaku senshi popping up I think putting emphasis on the otaku characters rather than canon could work better at finding people to play! Open it up so that even as you're introducing your OC, they are introducing theirs, or giving theirs another place or opportunity to grow; you could put it in a country other than Japan if you still wanted the option to interact with canon senshi in the future but wanted an easy way to explain their noninvolvement with the current storyline!

Definitely make the OOC board before making a storyline submission; that will give you and the players an opportunity to get an firmer idea in mind and lets them work their character in more fluidly!
Thanks ever so much for the advice! But, how does making a submission work? Is the RP being accepted mean you can make an OOC and the actual story, and is the OOC you mentioned just a request or concept or something, or can you already make an OOC without the story being approved?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime11th June 2018, 11:41 pm

The OOC is what you make before you put together a storyline submission; you use the thread to put your premise out there, advertise for players, and work player suggestions into the plot to come up with all the fields necessary for a storyline submission to be approved.
Back to top Go down
Clegginator
Pyramidal Crystal

Clegginator

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime11th June 2018, 11:46 pm

Ah, okay.

Do I still use the usual story template for the thread?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime12th June 2018, 12:19 am

Ooc threads dont have a set template xD do whatever youd like for the OOC thread!
Back to top Go down
Clegginator
Pyramidal Crystal

Clegginator

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime12th June 2018, 7:29 am

Alright then.... (cracks knuckles) I'll get to it, then.
Back to top Go down
Clegginator
Pyramidal Crystal

Clegginator

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime13th June 2018, 7:27 am

So I've made the OOC (Here), and I'm wondering.... Should I wait for most of the slot to be filled, or can I send the RP for approval earlier?
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime13th June 2018, 7:32 am

There's a pretty easy answer to your question in the Storyline Submission Rules and Information!

Storyline Submission Rules and Information wrote:
New storylines requiring 5 or more characters will not be approved until at least 3 players have signed up to take on roles.

The number of many roles you plan to require will help you decide when to submit the Storyline!

If you're going to start with 4 or fewer required roles, you could submit it now with just interest from you and Sports.

If you want 5 or more roles, you need at least at least one more RPer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Clegginator
Pyramidal Crystal

Clegginator

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime13th June 2018, 9:14 am

Well considering at least 5 are needed (Koronis, a villain and at least 3 other senshi), another user will be needed, then.
Back to top Go down
UranianJewel
Pyramidal Crystal

UranianJewel

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime13th June 2018, 12:38 pm

So, I did make my rp but since no one has joined I'm thinking of making a new one with both my Ocs! Where Kurami is "hunting" Mei for revenge (will be explained in the rp) and is willing to destroy the senshi as well. I'm also looking for outer senshi Rpers but sadly none yet! Hope you all like my idea!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime30th July 2018, 8:01 am

So, this idea I have started out as "I really want to use Sailor Sol in an rpg without contradicting others with her backstory."

I don't particularly have a concrete idea though (which is the problem).  They're all kind of mingled out and some are just branch offs of the NEO-universe. (Like, Who protected Earth before the Sailor Soldiers awakened?  Or,  During the BMC Invasion, what was going on in other parts of the world too?)  

I just kinda wanna develop her more, but not sure how. Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 1948543417
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime30th July 2018, 8:21 am

Sailor Splash and a few others visit the world of Snowdin in undertale
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime30th July 2018, 12:47 pm

Which Thread is that one?
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime30th July 2018, 1:33 pm

Ktenshi wrote:
Which Thread is that one?
mine? oh its just an idea I came up with
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime31st July 2018, 2:45 pm

I have an RP idea with the twins from the dark moon circus and the Professor but I might need some help creating it if anyone is interested
Back to top Go down
Huitzil
Star Seed

Huitzil

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime13th August 2018, 8:57 pm

I started thinking of storylines for my OCs to be involved in and then things ballooned from there. So I may as well.

- Fantasy bumps up against the wall of science fiction. A remote region of space is discovered that, due to Galaxia's genocidal campaign or something else, has no or nearly no planets bearing intelligent life and Sailor Guardians. They obviously should be colonized, but unlike most Sailor Guardian business, this is something that is relevant to a lot of people who aren't magical at all, who get through space in spaceships instead of with magic wings. Things that seemed neatly settled come back as loose ends: where did Ali and En end up settling? Do their descendants want to go exploring for their lost homeworld? Who chooses freedom of the frontier over the safety of the Silver Crystal? What do you do when people are fighting over opportunities instead of evil clouds? Dare you plunge into the frontier?

- Fantasy vs science fiction. The remote region of space is colonized, then cut off from Neo-Queen Serenity's influence for an extended period as a Sailor War rages. When contact is re-established, these planets have their own Sailor Guardians -- who exist as people whose world fundamentally runs by the rules of sci-fi, not fantasy. Whether this is "handheld laser guns and space fighters and robot assistants" or a question of the fundamental worldview of the genre, they are still heroic, noble champions of peace and justice... who have absolutely no respect or loyalty to Serenity and her followers, and view them as villainous usurpers.

- Speaking of Sailor Guardians as villains, as it keeps coming up. Why come up with a way for them to be mind controlled or tainted with darkness? History is written by the victors -- assume the story we saw was written by the victors, and then ask, what is the light that the villains would want to paint themselves in if they got to tell the story? Maybe the Black Moon Clan are heroic freedom-fighters, the last people willing to stand against immortal tyranny, against a vanguard of noble souls tragically led astray. Maybe the Death Busters are Heroes Of Science in the mold of Doc Savage and Tony Stark, constantly harangued by ignorant and superstitious Guardians who define themselves by the ghosts of the past. And the same key points in the story happen, but in totally different ways that cast them completely differently. (The Dead Moon Circus are the Seelie Fae, who are still pretty evil.)

- Speaking of the Death Busters, Professor Tomoe had to start his operation some time after his daughter's lab accident. When did they form? For how many years did they run before going into "crunch time", preparing their methodology and observing Hotaru? Did they notice the Dark Kingdom or Black Moon and do nothing about them? Did they notice the Dark Kingdom or Black Moon and do something crucial about them, that the Sailors never noticed but would be lost without? What was it like for Hotaru to grow up as an experiment? Did she meet any of the Witches often enough to find them likable, but not often enough to see their insanity? Did they have to put a padlock on the daimon incubator to stop Mimette from sending out daimons for morning coffee? 

- Speaking of origins and doing something about the Dark Kingdom, Beryl was reincarnated like everyone else. Who was she before she was Queen Beryl? What life did she have? How'd she get the Dark Kingdom back together? Did she think she was on a blood-soaked journey of revenge, or was she hoping for a destined Miracle Romance that transcended death?
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Luna.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime16th September 2018, 9:33 pm

So I've been thinking about a Sailor Moon Villan RP where the villains from all arcs might come together and try and defeat the senshi. Could be a funny bunch of mishaps and clashing of personalities of the villans. Small interactions with the Senshi. Maybe some kind of altered timeline where the villans are brought back by Chaos or something along those lines? What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
http://meganalburger.weebly.com
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime17th September 2018, 6:42 am

I think that sounds like a great idea! Roleplays with a lot of characters tend to move very slowly, though, so maybe you could consider only having a select few villains in the RP? Like maybe a representative from each arc, or specifically choose cast members who would make for a funny story? No matter what you decide, I love this idea and would definitely join if it became an option Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime17th September 2018, 7:06 am

Lyssarie wrote:
I think that sounds like a great idea! Roleplays with a lot of characters tend to move very slowly, though, so maybe you could consider only having a select few villains in the RP? Like maybe a representative from each arc, or specifically choose cast members who would make for a funny story? No matter what you decide, I love this idea and would definitely join if it became an option Smile 
Awesome! I figured I'd see who else was interested and maybe as a group be able to pick specific villans. I think it's a great idea to pick a representative from each arc!
Back to top Go down
Starman92
Star Seed

Starman92

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime17th September 2018, 12:32 pm

I had an idea based like 2 years after Sailor Stars from the Anime side.

t's been 2 years after the last events from Sailor Stars. Sailor Moon saving the world once more from a intergalactic threat. Tokyo is trying to rebuild after Galaxia's destruction.

However, at the other side of the world in the western hemisphere, people are really taking notice of Sailor Moon. If one has the power, why not another? In the US, a black ops group is made to turn the magic of hers, into weapons, even creating soldiers for the armies in the world. It's their objective, and they'll do any to get it, even if they have to hurt people to do so. They are led by one person, a man named Zion. With limitless money, anyone or anything can be disposable. With what they can do, they can even make their own form of demons too.

Meanwhile, as the Star Seeds began to reform into their own forms, the Sailor Animates are resurrected in the US, only to find them working for Zion. They had no clue what their past lives were when they were brainwashed by Galaxia, thinking they can redeem themselves with working with this black ops group. Plus, with them far away from Tokyo; they can be under the radar.

However, where they're operating is in Texas, where my character lives, inside of Houston. He's aware of the Senshi in Tokyo, but is not aware of the Black Ops group, or the Animates. He's outnumbered, and out gunned. But if he tries to bring the Animates back to the light, he could stand a chance.
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime17th September 2018, 4:45 pm

^ Sounds like an interesting idea. What kinds of characters would you be looking for? Canon or non canon? Both? The main characters being the animates and some otaku characters could be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Starman92
Star Seed

Starman92

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime17th September 2018, 5:52 pm

Princess Luna wrote:
^ Sounds like an interesting idea. What kinds of characters would you be looking for? Canon or non canon? Both? The main characters being the animates and some otaku characters could be interesting.

I was thinking for at least 1 or 2 people to play the Animates. They won't know what they did until like later on when they try to deal with Cerberus. I will also play a animate or two as well to help with the playing field. I can also be my character and npcs and if some people want to play npcs. For later (like much later), I was thinking of adding at least 1 sailor scout in and then like a few more or all in the very end of the rp. I usually would ask for at least 1 or 2 people that are frequent repliers. not like a whole bunch.
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime17th September 2018, 7:00 pm

It seems like you have the beginnings of a solid RP!
Back to top Go down
Starman92
Star Seed

Starman92

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime17th September 2018, 7:13 pm

Princess Luna wrote:
It seems like you have the beginnings of a solid RP!

Thank you! Just need 1 or 2 that would be interested. I want it really to make it feel like a successful fan fic or make it like very close to the anime series.
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime17th September 2018, 7:35 pm

I'd definitely be interested. I mean it's fun to see where a story like this could go. Have you started a storyline submission? Going through the storyline submission form can be super helpful in hammering out your ideas.
Back to top Go down
Starman92
Star Seed

Starman92

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime17th September 2018, 7:37 pm

Princess Luna wrote:
I'd definitely be interested. I mean it's fun to see where a story like this could go. Have you started a storyline submission? Going through the storyline submission form can be super helpful in hammering out your ideas.

I have not, but please note me! I'll try my best though.
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime26th September 2018, 11:34 am

I have a tentative rp OOC up at the moment. for a two person rp between Artemis and Lina about how they fell in love. This one is a rough idea. Does anyone on the forum usually play Artemis?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread   Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon RP Brainstorming Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top