The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime14th July 2015, 6:30 am

I still very much it enjoy it too, I just feel they are starting to cater a bit too much towards the brony aspect of the fandom...I fear they will start forgetting who the main demographic should be and eventually it will be catered 100% to the bronies. I think when that happens it will start to decline. Despite that concern, the 100th episode background character episode was one of the best so far this season. XD but I fear a lot of the jokes would have gone over kids heads.
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime14th July 2015, 6:32 am

Yes, I felt the same way about the 100th episode. It was amusing to see so many brony-related jokes, but I wondered if children would actually be interested in the episode. I would prefer to keep the focus on the target demographic of children. Earlier seasons proved it was possible to do that and still interest adult fans.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime25th July 2015, 7:30 am

In my grocery store job, I found a few MLP: FiM plushies. Knowing some things about the show, I'm more familiar with the characters. I found a Pinky Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Fluttershy (when they're on sale, I'm gonna buy all of them in a good price). My kids watch MLP: FiM (on TV and DVD). At my home, I have a Hatsune Miku in pink kimono figurine I bought recently at a mall anime-themed Japanese culture store...I should find a Sailor Moon senshi figure someday to go along with it and a MLP: FiM plushie.
Back to top Go down
Eidolune

Eidolune

Title : GC's Official Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime29th July 2015, 8:53 pm

This season has been fantastic. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
http://tallladyserenity.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xMFgmhp4C7iHaQdoWs4Ig
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime24th November 2015, 9:58 am

It's been a while since anyone's posted here.

What did you all think of Friendship Games? I thought it was super cute and I loved more Sunset Shimmer (i'm so glad shes a main character now). I think I still like Rainbow Rocks a bit better, but Friendship Games was a great way to introduce human world Twilight.

Also does anyone think theres a human!Sunset around there? There has to be since there was a Twilight...
Back to top Go down
Anyastasia
Pyramidal Crystal

Anyastasia

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : The Mahou Shoujo of the Moon (Formerly PrincessMami)

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime5th December 2015, 1:24 am

Has anyone seen the s5 finale? I just loved all of the time travel and Alternate Universe action!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime9th December 2015, 6:26 pm

I watched it the day after it aired. I wasn't too impressed. Probably least favorite finale of them all. I think they were trying to fit in too much with the alternate universes and appeal to the fandom. I noticed a lot more of that this season. I'll probably watch a bit of season 6 but i'm getting the feeling its about time i phase out of this show. The writings just been going down hill for me. Though, according to some things I've read on Equestria Daily and rumors, it seems possible that they are getting close to the last season before they release the next generation.

I still look forward to Equestria Girls stuff as well as the Pony Movie thats slated for next year. I just feel the show has kind of forgotten what made it good in the first place and has started to lean too much towards fandom pandering. :/
Back to top Go down
Anyastasia
Pyramidal Crystal

Anyastasia

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime9th December 2015, 9:18 pm

Megan McCarthy is also leaving the show so Season 6 might not be the same
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime10th December 2015, 9:25 am

I did notice the episodes that I thought were better and more enjoyable were written by newer writers. Nothing against the old writers, but its understandable for things to get a stale feeling and someone new helps to freshen things up. If I'm not feeling it a few eps in from the se06 opener, i'll probably end up not watching it (i may will, i still really love pony after all xD).

It's not like this season was horrible but probably my least favorite so far. Once its up on Netflix though, I'll rewatch it again and see if my opinion changes about any of the eps.
Back to top Go down
Anyastasia
Pyramidal Crystal

Anyastasia

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime10th December 2015, 8:40 pm

Personally i loved this season and i hope that the show continues to explore new ideas while still keeping it's charm.

I would really like them to show what happened to original human Sunset. She has to be around somewhere right?

(also i'm hoping Glimmer joins the main cast)
Back to top Go down
Moonlit Templar
Pyramidal Crystal

Moonlit Templar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Formerly Medeus

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2015, 8:43 pm

I don't know, I feel the show's changed a lot this season. :S I'm not sure what it is, but it feels like a different show, and I'm not sure if it's a good thing. I still need to watch the second half of Season 5 and the third EG film.

Hopefully, season 6 should be better...
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime7th January 2016, 8:50 am

Man, I'm really far behind. I only got to Crusaders of the Lost Mark. Better catch up, now that I've caught up with Go! Princess Pretty Cure.
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com
Anyastasia
Pyramidal Crystal

Anyastasia

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime5th February 2016, 7:47 pm

A FIFTH ALICORN PRINCESS?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime5th February 2016, 8:34 pm

Oh! I saw this the other day. The baby is so cute xD But the way twilight and everyone seems to be reacting, this seems to be unnatural. I'm curious to see where they go with the concept.
Back to top Go down
Anyastasia
Pyramidal Crystal

Anyastasia

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime6th February 2016, 12:38 am

It can't be the fact that she's naturally born, since Tia and Luna were naturally born. Personally i think the episode might deal with Flurry's alicorn powers. If Pumpkin and Poundcake were a handful for Pinkie, then imagine what caring for an alicorn foal would be? Her powers may be crazy and out of control.

This also might give the series an opportunity to delve into Equestria's history. I'd scream if Tia and Luna's parents would be shown
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime1st April 2016, 6:39 pm

the new ep was good. it also had some thing in common with a certain dinsey movie.
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime1st April 2016, 8:12 pm

I didn't enjoy teh new ep! It made me laugh and i think thats the first opener since Discord that has done that. ALSO I HAVE A NEW OTP. SUNBURST IS ADORABLE DORKY PONY AND I LVOE HIM AND STARLIGHT GLIMMER OMG.
Back to top Go down
Anyastasia
Pyramidal Crystal

Anyastasia

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime1st April 2016, 9:24 pm

I loved the episode! Sunburst was amazing, Starlight was amazing. Overall everything was awesome.

The only thing that has annoyed me about the latest episode is now Bronies are all like "Celestia and Luna aren't naturally born alicorn's". Celestia's statement was very vague. She said it's something Equestria had never seen before. The sisters united Equestria so they would have been alive before that time, leading me to think that there are more alicorns out there. Besides, Lauren Faust herself has said that they are natural alicorns. And it was also confirmed in the Journal of the Two Sisters, which is canon to the show.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime1st April 2016, 9:38 pm

I got myself an Equestria Girls: Rainbow Brite doll. I'm beginning to like her more, watched some eps. of MLP:FiM. Reading this thread and knowing the megapopularity, I'm planning to watch the series more. It's never too late to love a pony...and Equestria girls. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 868675979
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime2nd April 2016, 7:05 am

I still need to watch the latest episode...maybe this weekend xD
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime3rd April 2016, 5:49 pm

FINALLY got to finish season 5, though...I don't like the ending. Starlight Glimmer was given no punishment for everything she's done. But I do plan on watching season 6! I DVRed the premiere! Here's hoping I don't fall behind again.
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime3rd April 2016, 8:52 pm

Anyastasia wrote:
Personally i loved this season and i hope that the show continues to explore new ideas while still keeping it's charm.

I would really like them to show what happened to original human Sunset. She has to be around somewhere right?

(also i'm hoping Glimmer joins the main cast)

well it could be like sci-twilight and just be at another location. or maybe there wasn't a sunset before she came to that world
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 9:49 am

Juliko wrote:
FINALLY got to finish season 5, though...I don't like the ending. Starlight Glimmer was given no punishment for everything she's done. But I do plan on watching season 6! I DVRed the premiere! Here's hoping I don't fall behind again.

Well, while i didn't like the ending so much (my reasons are different than glimmer not getting punishment), i guess its faithful to pony in teh sense that Luna received no punishment after the mane6 defeated nightmare moon. She was welcomed back with open arms by Celestia and mane6. Discord is a bit different...but he was redeemed as well (by Fluttershy). They unfortunately haven't expanded anymore on Chrysalis (except in the comics which i understand is its own canon seperate from the main show) and King Sombra to really try to either redeem them or show any punishment (Sombra was intended to be more of a force like Sauron was in Lord of the Rings so he was just more...destroyed by the heart than anything)... I wish they'd show more with Glimmer becuase everything was just too rushed and they tried to fit in too much with the whole time travelling thing rather than develop Glimmer properly for her redemption to not seem so forced. But hey its a little girls show so i guess that might be about as much as we get. xD Any deeper and kids just might not understand or would get bored...since the aimed age demographic is like what...4-8?

I have to say the se6 opener certainly felt like it was written better and not so forced or brony pandering as some of the other openers and finales have felt lately.
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime27th May 2016, 5:39 pm

Looks like I've fallen behind on this show again. Yeesh.
Back to top Go down
Eidolune

Eidolune

Title : GC's Official Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime27th May 2016, 6:23 pm

Been catching up on season 5. Honestly, maybe it's just me, but I really like the tidbits they throw in for the bronies. Most bronies aren't creepy/bad people, so it's nice to know the crew enjoys them. Since the show was mostly made for kids, I think it's nice that they throw in things for the older fans.
Back to top Go down
http://tallladyserenity.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xMFgmhp4C7iHaQdoWs4Ig
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime20th March 2018, 9:11 am

Sports' top 5 ponies he likes:

1:Rainbow dash SONIC RAINBOOM Nuff said
2:Sunset Shimmer If I don't say this Brit-Chan will hurt Buggy in our RP
3:Derpy Hooves So cute and adorable
4:Nightmare Moon (Both evil and good versions) I like her color scheme and her plot 
5: TIE Celestia and Pinkie Pie...
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime20th March 2018, 11:21 am

I fell out of this roughly around the episodes where twilight became an allicorn. I think that's what they were called, anyways

However, I've seen that amazing villain song from the movie, and I'll be darned if it didn't make me want to watch it. The animation looks incredible, and I heard bits of the other songs too.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
usagi-serenity
Lotus Crystal

usagi-serenity

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Chibi Chibi (^▽^)

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime20th March 2018, 12:01 pm

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
I fell out of this roughly around the episodes where twilight became an allicorn. I think that's what they were called, anyways
Same here. I used to be a huge fan, but I started to loose interest after season 3. I still go back and watch the older episodes from time to time though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/usagiserenityy
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime20th March 2018, 12:22 pm

It always felt to me that twilight becoming an allicorn took a good portion away from not only the other characters, but her own personal struggles that made her such a good character. I know twilight is somewhat of the main character, but the series up until that point had all the main characters equally split, with flaws and strengths. Having her turn into one of the royal/powerful ones seriously took attention away from the others, and twilight almost became-dare I say it-too OP.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime20th March 2018, 1:35 pm

I stopped watching before the end of Season 5, for what might seem like a silly reason... I had been buying the seasons on iTunes, and iTunes restructured the way they sold this series. I lost some of my episodes and found that I had duplicates of others. (They used to sell them as "Seasons" and now they're in "Volumes"...) It was such a hassle to purchase and organize that I opted not to. I've been super out of the loop since then, and it's felt daunting to start watching again and catch up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top