The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing Empty
PostSubject: Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing   Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing I_icon_minitime23rd August 2013, 4:03 pm

Note: NerdyPanda and Small Lady told me that this thread will be left open as long as we can abide to two important guidelines.

1: Keep the content here PG-13 or lower.
2: No discussion on the moral issues of this pairing or turning this thread into a moral debate.

With that out of the way, I'll explain the details of this pairing. Chibiusa and Hotaru were friends in the Infinity and Stars parts of the anime and manga. This thread is for those who believe the two could fall in love and start a relationship, preferably as they get older. I should mention that some content in the manga does support this pairing in a way, mainly when Chibiusa and Hotaru fight against the Amazoness quartet and at the beginning of Stars. Hope to meet some fellow shippers.

Question #1 to get things started, what should we call this pairing? Chibitaru works for me, anyone agree?
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sailor Dream
Star Seed

Sailor Dream

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing   Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 6:16 pm

Could it be? A topic for my OTP? Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing 1394610236

*ahem* My excitement beside... I really love Chibiusa and Hotaru's relationship. And I'm not just talking about the potential romantic one here, but just their friendship. I love how in a way they were both each others first close friend. Sure, Chibiusa had Usagi and Mamoru and the Inner Senshi before she met Hotaru, but they weren't that close to her age. And when Hotaru first met Chibiusa and formed a friendship with her, she began to open and become more social and bright. It's just so so so sweet! And quite honestly, I could see that as they grow older, that they could develop romantic feelings for one another. I think they'd make a very lovely and caring couple.

Also, I really enjoy this panel from one of the side manga stories where Chibiusa is introducing Hotaru to two of her classmates, and Hotaru is just super clingy and basically screaming "CHIBIUSA IS MY BESTEST GIRLFRIEND EVER! COME BETWEEN US AND I'LL PULL OUT MY SILENCE GLAIVE!!"

And to answer your question, I just call it ChibiTaru. There isn't really anything else that I can think of. Now, I have a question for all of you fellow shippers: What are your thoughts on the Black Lady/Mistress 9 pairing? It seems quite popular with those who ship this pair, but I wanted to see this forum's thoughts on it.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing   Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 6:42 pm

Excellent another ChibiTaru (thanks for the suggestion) shipper! About Black Lady/Mistress 9, I admittedly haven't read anything about that pairing but I really feel I should do some research on it and perhaps read some fanfiction about it.
Back to top Go down
EndlessDaylight
Pyramidal Crystal

EndlessDaylight

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing   Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing I_icon_minitime2nd September 2013, 11:13 am

I love this pairing!!!!!!!

As a friendship, anything involving two best friends in a story always gets me in the feel. I can relate to it, so I love the dynamic, probably more then any other
I think a romantic relationship could easily develop between them as they get older. The fact that their relationship is more then just a friendship is stated pretty plainly in the manga, atleast, thats what I got from it
ive never really looked into to Black Lady/Mistress 9, so I dont really have much of an opinion on that.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing   Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing I_icon_minitime2nd September 2013, 6:18 pm

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6175924/1/Memento-for-Death

A link to a darkly beautiful one-shot showing Hotaru's thoughts as she's in Pharaoh 90's dimension. Implied ChibiTaru so any pairing fans will love it.
Back to top Go down
EndlessDaylight
Pyramidal Crystal

EndlessDaylight

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing   Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing I_icon_minitime3rd September 2013, 11:15 pm

It was nice,  the ending was a bit abrupt, I would have liked to see a bit more of it.

ive been toying with a few ideas for some chibitaru fanfics, but I dont really have anything too solid yet
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing   Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing I_icon_minitime12th September 2013, 9:32 pm

Second question to keep this thread alive. How would Hotaru and Chibiusa spend their first date?

Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing   Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing I_icon_minitime13th September 2013, 6:19 am

I bet their first date would be adorable. Maybe they'd go to an artist's exhibition of glass sculptures or something. I feel like Chibi Usa would be the one planning their first date, and she'd do her best to pick something that Hotaru would enjoy and wouldn't feel overwhelmed by.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing   Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing I_icon_minitime13th September 2013, 6:27 am

Oooh I love this pairing. I liked the Helios/Chibiusa dynamic, but I don't think that they would work later on in their lives. I always imagines that Helios is kind of not able to leave Elysion for long, and he will continue to be a young boy forever, whilst Chibiusa will continue to grow and mature, leaving him behind.

But her bond with Hotaru is amazing and deep, and they would be able to understand eachother in ways that no one else would. They've both been to a dark dark place through their lives, and they could understand and possibly comfort each other. Throughout the series, you also see the two of them always so close and doing everything together, and it's just adorable. I think they are on a wavelength all of their own, that others wouldn't really be able to understand.

For their first date? Hmmm I've always imagined that the two of them would just continue to do their regular things, going to places together, sleepovers, outings, etc, not thinking of it as a real date until one day it just kind of *IS* and they never really need to talk about it because they both understand and know the other so well. I think they'll walk the line between friends and girlfriends for a long time, and then one day it kind of just eases into them realizing that the last step towards girlfriends is something they want to take together.

I don't know if I explained that well xD Haha But yesh, long live this cutie couple!! Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing 1434556979
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing   Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing I_icon_minitime13th September 2013, 6:41 am

Aurae wrote:
I bet their first date would be adorable. Maybe they'd go to an artist's exhibition of glass sculptures or something. I feel like Chibi Usa would be the one planning their first date, and she'd do her best to pick something that Hotaru would enjoy and wouldn't feel overwhelmed by.
I really like the idea, although would Hotaru still be that overwhelmed? She appears to be much better emotionally in the Stars anime and the Dream/Stars arcs of the manga. I do think an artwork museum would make sense or something similar. 

Verdandi wrote:
Oooh I love this pairing. I liked the Helios/Chibiusa dynamic, but I don't think that they would work later on in their lives. I always imagines that Helios is kind of not able to leave Elysion for long, and he will continue to be a young boy forever, whilst Chibiusa will continue to grow and mature, leaving him behind.

But her bond with Hotaru is amazing and deep, and they would be able to understand eachother in ways that no one else would. They've both been to a dark dark place through their lives, and they could understand and possibly comfort each other. Throughout the series, you also see the two of them always so close and doing everything together, and it's just adorable. I think they are on a wavelength all of their own, that others wouldn't really be able to understand.

For their first date? Hmmm I've always imagined that the two of them would just continue to do their regular things, going to places together, sleepovers, outings, etc, not thinking of it as a real date until one day it just kind of *IS* and they never really need to talk about it because they both understand and know the other so well. I think they'll walk the line between friends and girlfriends for a long time, and then one day it kind of just eases into them realizing that the last step towards girlfriends is something they want to take together.

I don't know if I explained that well xD Haha But yesh, long live this cutie couple!! Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing 1434556979
Excellent points Verdi. If you go by what's mentioned in the manga, then I give it a few years but they could certainly become a couple. 

Also I just noticed that if you check the last page of the final manga where it shows Usagi and Mamoru's wedding, Chibiusa and Hotaru are pretty close together in their wedding dresses. Just something I noticed.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing   Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing I_icon_minitime29th September 2013, 4:29 pm

Sorry for double posting but someone brought this up in another thread and I think it should be addressed here. The fact that Chibiusa is technically born in Crystal Tokyo would mean that Hotaru would have to wait a very long time to continue their relationship. Anyone have any thoughts on this problem.
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Kakyuu

PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing   Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing I_icon_minitime9th December 2018, 12:36 am

That is an exceedingly sad thought, although I guess it makes a sort of nice parallel to Chibiusa waiting for baby Hotaru to grow up again (that ended up being a pretty short wait though Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing 3884866259 ).
Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing Chibiu10
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing   Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chibiusa & Hotaru Pairing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top