The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

[Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe Empty
PostSubject: [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe   [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe I_icon_minitime4th October 2015, 7:23 am

Advanced Character Profile

Character Name: Hotaru Tomoe
Age and Date of Birth: 21, 6th of January

Used Canons: 90s anime.
Appearance: Hotaru has purple eyes and black hair with a purple sheen down to just short of her shoulders.  She is about average height for a fully-grown Japanese woman - about 5’3” (159 cm) - and has the typical skin tone of a Japanese woman - looking a nice, soft tan.  She has a thin, curvy body.  She usually dresses in dark-colored clothing, but doesn’t really care whether it’s a dress, or a skirt and shirt, or a pant and shirt.
Personality: Hotaru is quite shy in casual social situations.  But to those who can break through that wall of shyness and get to know her well and like her, she is quite friendly and outgoing.  She is generally suspicious of those she doesn’t know, fearing that they will eventually make fun of her, if not worse.  But to those who have gotten to know her well and like her, she enjoys spending time with these people.  Also, Hotaru can be an escapist at times.  Sometimes when the situation around her is going bad for her (for example, her classmates at school are ridiculing her, as mentioned below in the History section), she prefers to escape into a fantasy world where she’s being treated better by the people around her (in the fantasy world).  On another matter, she dreams of becoming a doctor when she gets out of the Jaeger program.  Her favorite subject in school is World History, and her least favorite is Physical Education, because her body is generally weak.  So she has a weakness when it comes to strenuous activities or long-lasting ones (like a marathon).  On the other hand, she reads a lot, so one of her strengths is her book knowledge.
Any Unique Abilities/Skills: Hotaru was a precocious girl, so she tends to learn new skills quickly and easily.

History: In elementary school, Hotaru was often ridiculed by her classmates for speeding past them in academic subjects; this is the reason for her general shyness now.  Also when Hotaru was young, an explosion happened in her father’s laboratory, killing her mother.  Ever since then, her father has devoted himself to his work, so he hasn’t been much of the single parent Hotaru has needed.  In fact, he was in his laboratory for so much time on weekdays (after the explosion) that in her typical weekday during junior high and high school, Hotaru never saw her father.  So she had to learn to cook for herself, clean up after herself, do her homework by herself (with only the help of any classmates who were willing to work with her), do her laundry by herself, and basically do any other household chores by herself.  And having to do all of these chores herself, instead of just some of them like most teenagers have to do, noticeably limited her ability to participate in extracurricular activities at school.  That is also part of why Hotaru joined the Jaeger program - to find some parental-like support in her life.
Other Noteworthy Facts: Hotaru’s father is a professor & researcher at an educational academy.  Hotaru’s zodiac sign is Capricorn, and her favorite gemstone is fluorite.  Her favorite food is nihon soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles), and her least favorite food is milk.  She also likes to keep her bedroom dark and collect lamps for it, but she realizes that she probably has to drop this habit to be able to work together with others, and she is ready to do so.

Storyline Specific Information: Concordia (Pacific Rim) : Five years ago, colossal monsters called Kaiju rose from an interdimensional rift beneath the Pacific Ocean.  After these Kaiju attacked four Pacific Rim cities (San Francisco, Manila, Cabo san Lucas, and Sydney), an international program was started to combat the Kaiju with mecha (called Jaegers) so large, they had to be controlled simultaneously by two pilots locked in a neural bridge.  This year, a new group of trainee pilots, a.k.a. Rangers, are starting their training, and they must learn to work together, as well as who their ‘other half’ is, if they want to continue in the Jaeger program.  Hotaru is one of these trainee pilots.  She joined this program to try to help defend this world against the grave threat of the Kaiju, for a couple specific underlying reasons : it offered her a way to pay back this world (if she was successful in this program) when it had given her so much so far; and she wanted to show that even those with a weak body can successfully defend themselves against stronger threats and even prevail against them.  She is happy to have the chance to do these things in this program.  Finally, even though it may seem like those Jaeger trainee pilots are the senshi girls, they have no senshi power in them.

Source: Some info in the SSI is copied from the first post in http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t11678-advanced-concordia-pacific-rim-ooc .

RP Sample:
At the end of recess at Hotaru’s elementary school one day, Hotaru happened to be the first one to line up outside her next classroom.  When the next kid in that class got there and saw that Hotaru was the only one there, she mocked her “Typical Hotaru-chan.  So eager to be the first one to learn everything.  Now she’s even the first one to line up for class - I’m sure so she can speed-learn all that much more than us!”  Then the next girl arrived, and after overhearing the last part of the first girl’s ridicule of Hotaru, she decided to join in “Yeah, Hotaru-chan!  What are you gonna speed-learn this time?  How to solve those complicated math equations we see behind almost every display of advanced science?”

Before Hotaru knew it, more and more kids were lining up behind her and joining in the mocking game.  This made Hotaru confused, because her father always encouraged her to learn a lot and do well in school every chance he got, and her teachers would reinforce this message every so often, usually by praising her for her good grades, but also, on the occasional time she would get a bad grade, by expressing disappointment and encouraging her to do better.  The thing that confused Hotaru the most was that it now seemed like she could not win - if she did bad in schoolwork, she would hear disappointment from her teachers (and probably from her father also); but if she did well in schoolwork, then her classmates would mock her for it.

Last edited by mercuryfan on 11th October 2015, 6:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe   [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe I_icon_minitime4th October 2015, 7:47 am

Appearance: Can you please note Hotaru's eye color and skin tone?

Personality: Since this is an Advanced profile, could you expand this a little bit? Maybe talk about some of Hotaru's bad qualities, her dreams, her goals, her feelings towards people, etc.

History: Again, could you expand this? Maybe go into further detail about Hotaru's childhood growing up without her mother. You could talk about her high school life, what she participated in, what friends she had (if any), and talk about how she got introduced to the Jaeger program?

Storyline Specific Information: What is Hotaru's role in this story? What does she do, and how does she feel about doing it?

RP Sample: I like the idea you used for this! Since this is supposed to show how well you can portray Hotaru's character, could you add some more details regarding how Hotaru is feeling in this scenario, and how her feelings are driving her actions?

Edit: As I understood it, this storyline happens in a universe where the girls don't have powers, correct? If that's true, then would Hotaru have her healing abilities? You may want to double check with the creator of this roleplay to make sure it's okay for Hotaru to have that ability in this storyline.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe   [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe I_icon_minitime7th October 2015, 12:29 pm

I did most of the changes you asked for here.  Then I PMed Sailor Mercury to check on that healing power.  When she replied that she'd rather not have it in this storyline, it took me a few days to find the time to make the required changes to her profile.

But anyway, I think that's all done.  So could you review it now, and let me know of anything I might have missed?
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe   [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe I_icon_minitime8th October 2015, 6:44 am

Did you add what I requested for History and Storyline Specific Information? If so, could you highlight your additions in red so that I can see them? If not, will you add them, please? Smile
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe   [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe I_icon_minitime8th October 2015, 8:09 am

What I had added in SSI, I highlighted in red.  I figured I had already explained the role of the Jaeger trainee pilots (in general) in this role-play's storyline, so adding one piece to the puzzle making it clear that Hotaru is one of these trainee pilots was all that was needed there.

But when I checked back in the History section, I realized I hadn't really changed that as you had requested.  Sorry about that.  So that's the reason I switched this back to a WIP for now.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe   [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe I_icon_minitime8th October 2015, 8:33 am

Okay! Don't forget - I also asked you to add how Hotaru feels about working in the Jaeger program in the SSI Smile
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe   [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe I_icon_minitime11th October 2015, 6:53 pm

I probably changed more than you expected, but this time I went back to some of the questions from your first set of requests, and made sure I reflected a lot of that in this profile.  So please get ready to review a greatly changed product.  Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe   [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe I_icon_minitime19th October 2015, 6:06 pm

Sorry for the wait - thanks for making those changes!

Approved!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe   [Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Advanced] Crossover Civilian - Hotaru Tomoe

View previous topic View next topic Back to top