The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34
AuthorMessage
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!   GCRPGE: The Hunger Games! - Page 34 I_icon_minitime8th August 2013, 7:05 am

The Arena wrote:
Heidi took the kick to her shoulder as she stood, caught off guard by the surprise attack. A cry left her lips as she stumbled backwards, instictively raising her spear to catch the sword aimed at her throat and she shoved it away. Shocked by the sudden turn of events, she stared at Akiko, disbelief in her green eyes. She stumbled back, felt the heat of the fire lick at her legs and knew there was no escape. 

"But you were so nice," she sputtered, confused. And where was Aurae, her ally? Heidi felt so betrayed. The arm holding the blanket twitched, sending the blanket fluttering behind her, the edges landing in the fire.

Akiko kicked Heidi in the side of her ribs and stepped on her foot for good measure before crouching down. "Sorry kid. Trust me I liked you. In different circumstances we could have been friends if we ever did meet between our two districts. But you know, and I know only one of us can come out of this alive. If it makes you feel any better, I'd had hoped you were the District 4 boy. I have a personal score to settle with him."

Heidi grunted and stepped back two more steps and to the side to avoid any other blows. She shook her head while frantically calculating whether she had a chance to escape. It wasn't likely, not with the fire behind her and Akiko in front of her. Once you threw in the fact that she was thirsty and hungry, her reaction times weren't at their peak. 

Meanwhile Akiko looked as fresh as her baby sister's new kitten. Plus she had body armor to boot. Heidi knew, without a doubt, she was no making it. She was going to die here. It wasn't like she hadn't been expecting it, she knew the odds weren't in her favor. She had just hoped she could stir up a little more trouble.

"It doesn't make me feel better. If you wanted him you should have gone East, that's where I last saw him headed." Her lips curved up in a sly grin. "But he could have circled south. He could be right near us and from what I saw, you'd never see him."

"I guess that's just a chance I'll have to take." Akiko shoved Heidi down to the ground again. "But right now I've got you in front of me and who knows what is going on with that career you were with. If she survived the fire, I probably still have a chance to get her." She stabbed Heidi in the ribs and dragged it down towards the other girls hip with her right sword. Torturing the girl would probably help entertain the sponsors a bit

Heidi's lips quirked. "Aurae? Guess you'll have to wait and see."

The shock of the blade biting into her flesh made Heidi cry out and almost drop her spear. But even as she hunched over to protect that side, her left hand whipped up, throwing the now flaming blanket in Akiko's face. She took that split second of distraction to thrust her spear into the ground and push herself to her feet, her now empty hand clamped over her wound. She didn't wait to see if Akiko had been injured by her tactic. 

There were a lot of things that Heidi knew and there were some things she didn't know. She knew that when she had been Reaped she would probably die. She had mostly made her peace with that. She regretted that she was going to die, regretted things left unsaid at home. She hated that she was leaving her family, but she knew that her brother would make her sisters understand. And hopefully one day, her sisters wouldn't be in the position she was in now.

The one thing she did know, without a doubt, is that she always did things on her terms as much as possible, hence the way she had played the game. That was something her father taught her and something she had struggled to teach her sisters after their mother died. If she was going to die, and that was a foregone conclusion, she was going to die on her terms, and no one else's.

It scared her, right to the bones, but somehow she found the courage to take two more steps back until she felt the flames creep up her back. She tilted her head back and smiled a little, hoping her father and brother would keep her sisters from seeing this, and jumped backwards into the fire, ignoring the heat and burning until her back was pressed against the tree she had previously found shelter in. There she went to her death.

Akiko screamed at the sudden burning pain on her left cheek. She immediately pressed her hand cheek as she got back onto her feet to chase after Heidi. What she didn't expect was to see Heidi jump back to where the fire started. The District 6 girl had her back pressed against the tree she was staying in before all this happened and staring back at her. Akiko lowered her hand to show the other girl the damage she was able to inflict. There was no doubt Akiko's mind that she will be carrying a scar across her left cheek for the rest of her life despite Capitol technology and medicine. As she watched Heidi burn, Akiko stepped further back away from the fires and be prepared for any other tributes who might be in the area. Once she was out of range from the fire since it didn't seem like it was going to spread any further due to the moist grass, she crouched to bush level ready for round two. She knew had might have to deal with one other tribute. Aurae.

A cannon sounds in the arena.

-------

http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/viewtopic.forum?t=5542

Last edited by Sailor Uranus on 8th August 2013, 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com

GCRPGE: The Hunger Games!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top