The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alyssa
Pyramidal Crystal

Alyssa

Pyramidal Crystal

Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: Empty
PostSubject: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime6th September 2011, 5:40 pm

Well, first of all, I'm terrible with introductions, so please excuse my awkwardness.

Hiya! My name is Alyssa and I have been a proud Moonie since I was about four or five years old. I used to love Sailor Moon as a child, but it wasn't until I re-discovered the series back in May that I became a huge Sailor Moon fan. I've watched the Anime and the S and SuperS movies. I'm finishing PGSM and the Musicals at the moment. I look forward to reading the manga when it is re-released. My favourite senshi are Uranus (in case you couldn't tell Smile ) and Moon.

I also like to watch Spice and Wolf and Hell Girl. I used to watch more anime when I was younger, but I had trouble finding new series to watch and eventually stopped watching anime altogether. Thanks to Sailor Moon, I'm now re-entering the world of anime and I couldn't be happier!

My other interests include fashion, watching television, travelling, reading, listening to music, and eating, of course. XD

I'v been checking this forum since the first week it was online, but I was shy to join. Thanks to some persuasion from a certain person named Katy, I've finally created an account here! I'm really excited to get to now everyone here.

Well, that's it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime6th September 2011, 8:16 pm

Aw no need to be shy here! Thanks for finally deciding to join the fun!
Back to top Go down
Aquarii
Lotus Crystal

Aquarii

Lotus Crystal

Title : They call me Aqua, the Mercury fanatic.

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime6th September 2011, 8:21 pm

I remember being shy on here when I first came on. Don't worry, we don't bite! btw, Uranus is my second fav senshi!

We're glad to have you aboard. ^ ^'
Back to top Go down
Plum
Star Seed

Plum

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime6th September 2011, 9:41 pm

I just watched Spice and Wolf! It was pretty good. The sub is probably way better, but I was feeling too lazy to read.

The re-print of the Sailor Moon manga is really good--I'm on volume 8. A few of the volumes have little snippets in the back by Naoko that are hilarious. She's like "People ask me where I came up with this, and the answer is... I have no idea what I was thinking." xD
Back to top Go down
http://thegrownupsarelying.blogspot.com
Alyssa
Pyramidal Crystal

Alyssa

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime7th September 2011, 9:48 am

Brit-chan - Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad I finally decided to join. Smile

Aquarii2011 - Aw! I'm glad someone can relate to me. And yay, a fellow Uranus fan! Very Happy Thanks! I'm glad to be here.

Plum - I haven't watched the dub in its enitrety yet, but I definitely will when I get the chance! I did a side-by-side comparison of the first epsiode dubbed and subbed. The dialogue for both versions is practically the same, which is a good thing! I'm not too sure about the other episodes, though. But, if the first episode is any indication of the overall similarity between both versions, then I suppose it's safe to assume that they're pretty much the same. Of course, the voice actors for each version are very different, but that's another subject matter enitrely. Smile And that's good to hear! I would love to read Naoko's author notes; they sound really funny and interesting!
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime7th September 2011, 10:02 am

Aw, I am so glad that you finally decided to join! Welcome to our forum, my dear. Smile I am sure that you will fit in easily here. Don't be shy about participating either -- we love it!

And do feel free to PM me if you have questions about anything, or would just like to talk. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Alyssa
Pyramidal Crystal

Alyssa

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime7th September 2011, 10:34 am

Thank you, Sailor Jupiter! I hope so, too. And thanks for the offer! I may just take you up on that. Wink
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime7th September 2011, 11:30 am

Oh, hello~. Seems like I'm a little late on the welcome wagon, hehe. I hope you're enjoying your stay here so far, Alyssa. It really is a nice forum, so don't worry about being new.

Anywho, it's nice to meet you, and I hope to see you around. ^^
Back to top Go down
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime7th September 2011, 11:53 am

Welcome to the forum, Alyssa! You'll find out quickly that there's no need to be shy as everyone here is incredibly nice and helpful. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Back to top Go down
Alyssa
Pyramidal Crystal

Alyssa

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime7th September 2011, 4:53 pm

SeleneHime - Hi! Oh, not at all! I appreciate everyone's warm welcome. Thanks, I am! Likewise. I hope to see you around, also!

Sailor Mercury - Nice to meet you and thanks for your support! I really like you avatar, by the way. Smile
Back to top Go down
Aquarii
Lotus Crystal

Aquarii

Lotus Crystal

Title : They call me Aqua, the Mercury fanatic.

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime7th September 2011, 7:52 pm

^ ^' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime8th September 2011, 7:55 am

Alyssa wrote:
Thank you, Sailor Jupiter! I hope so, too. And thanks for the offer! I may just take you up on that. Wink

Cheers Do so!
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime8th September 2011, 11:49 am

Welcome Darling to the GC forums!! Smile I am glad you did decide to join! ^^

I saw that one of your interests was traveling, any particular place you want to travel to? or any place special you have already been to?
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Alyssa
Pyramidal Crystal

Alyssa

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime8th September 2011, 2:59 pm

Thank you so much! I'm glad I did, too. Very Happy As overly-amibitious and cliche as this may sound, I would love to travel the world! If I had to pick, I would tour either Greece, Croatia (my mom's family is from there), Italy, Turkey or Japan! I wouldn't mind going to the Bahamas for winter vacation, either. I realize that that's a lot of countries, but it's so difficult for me to choose one place. The world is just so vast and so interesting.

Hm, I mostly travel around Canada, the United States, and Mexico, but I have been to Iran twice since my dad is from there. Despite what some people may think, it's actually a really beautiful country and a lot of the people are really friendly! The only downside is the weather - it's so hot there, especially during the summer. My parents are talking about visiting Croatia in Summer 2014. I'm crossing my fingers that we can go!

Oh, sorry for the long answer! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime8th September 2011, 4:34 pm

Oh no no no! That is a GREAT answer! I myself want to go to Ireland, Japan, and New Zealand the most! And Me and my husband hope to live in Europe for a while as well.

We are planning on going to New Zealand this Christmas since he is away on deployment right now and we want to celebrate him coming back.

Japan is high on the list for me, but my husband, when we met (online) was actually stationed in Japan, and lived there for 2 years. I am insanely jealous..
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Alyssa
Pyramidal Crystal

Alyssa

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime9th September 2011, 5:08 pm

That's wondeful! Is there any particular country you have in mind if you decide to re-locate? Oh, that's so sweet! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful Christmas. Very Happy Haha, I can see why you would be jealous! Japan is high on my list, also. Smile
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime9th September 2011, 5:33 pm

I think it would really depend on the bases and who has what avaiable, since we would be tied to one of them. ^^
Back to top Go down
Alyssa
Pyramidal Crystal

Alyssa

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime11th September 2011, 7:28 pm

Ah, I see. Smile
Back to top Go down
LunaOsa
Lotus Crystal

LunaOsa

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime13th September 2011, 3:29 pm

Welcome! It's nice to meet you and I hope you like it here (: Also, it's nice that you're reintroducing Sailor Moon into your life again. I liked Sailor Moon when I was little as well. ^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YoungAngel38?feature=mhee
Alyssa
Pyramidal Crystal

Alyssa

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime13th September 2011, 3:43 pm

Thank you so much! It's nice to mee t you, as well. Smile Yes, I'm really happy that I made the decision to do so! Ah, so when did you decide to re-introduce Sailor Moon into your life?
Back to top Go down
LunaOsa
Lotus Crystal

LunaOsa

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime13th September 2011, 6:09 pm

Lol I think you read that wrong. I was talking about you reintroducing it into your life from what I read from your post Razz. I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong.. Anyway.. I did reintroduce it into my life. Well I saw this one episode of the english dub version on cartoon network when I was little and I don't remember much. All i know is I must've liked it for a while because I have a sailor moon doll, movie, and book from back then. In about seventh grade I found that book in my closet and decided to search up Sailor Moon thinking " Oh this looks awesome!". I watched the entire japanese anime version with english subs and loved it. Now I'm obsessed xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YoungAngel38?feature=mhee
Alyssa
Pyramidal Crystal

Alyssa

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime14th September 2011, 6:25 pm

Nope, I understand! But my logic was that you must have re-introduced the series into your life at some point, unless you've been watching Sailor Moon from the time you were little right up until now. (: That's a really nice story! Haha, join the club! I'm obsessed, too. ;D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:   Hi there! Nice to meet you. (: I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi there! Nice to meet you. (:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top