The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

[Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga?   [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th June 2016, 7:20 pm

The anime is better: Mamoru moves lively and speaks softly than in the manga. I admit manga has its romantic moments, but the anime appeals more to the eye.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

[Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga?   [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th June 2016, 7:43 pm

I want to argue for Mamoru being portrayed as more romantic in the manga, but this also compels me to watch the anime for a more accurate comparison. When I think of romance in the Sailor Moon series, I tend to think of the manga before any other version.
Back to top Go down
starshine
Pyramidal Crystal

starshine

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga?   [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th June 2016, 10:02 pm

He was not only more romantic in the manga, he was also more respectful.
Back to top Go down
Neo King Helios
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : ~GC's Official Helios!~

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga?   [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th June 2016, 12:24 am

I definitely think manga Mamoru was far more romantic than the anime Mamoru. Honestly, it just doesn't seem like they're got a connection whenever he loses his memories of the past. Naoko's idea was that "no matter how many times they're reborn, they'll eventually fall in love again". The anime kinda made it more of a "no matter how many times they're reborn, as long as the memories of their first time falling in love as Endymion and Serenity comes back, they'll eventually fall in love again." 

This is why I sorta prefer Mamoru in Crystal and Manga (even though he was pretty expressionless most of the time), because from the very start, just seeing each other they immediately had this connection- whereas Mamoru in the anime kinda only ever fell in love with Usagi when his memories of the past returned. I mean that sorta explains why he dated Rei... Like, what happened to only falling in love with each other till the end of time? 

That's my take on both, but...

TL;DR: I choose manga Mamoru.
Back to top Go down
http://johnnyquartzuniverse.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/c/johnsacapano
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga?   [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th June 2016, 5:01 am

Anime Mamoru wasn't as Romantic of loving towards Usagi, I felt like he was a lot more of a moonturd to her a lot of the time.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Lavender
Lotus Crystal

Lavender

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC’s Official Setsuna Meioh/Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga?   [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th June 2016, 8:58 am

Manga, of course, though it seemed to have lessened a bit by the later arcs.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga?   [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th June 2016, 8:00 pm

People also tend to be less romantic in an established relationship once you get over the "wooing" phase.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga?   [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th June 2016, 8:30 pm

^ thats true, I don't know from experience, but have seen it with friends.

I do so wish I could have a manga romance like UsaMamo, or some other manga.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Eternal Eternity
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Eternity

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Zoisite

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga?   [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th June 2016, 8:42 pm

I would also have to say the manga. Honestly to me, not only was he more romantic, but he was a bit more likable. Going back and reading the manga again after watching almost all of the 90's anime, he felt almost like a different character. Different sorts of reactions to the other characters... I enjoy the manga Mamo a bit more than the 90's anime I'd have to say.
Back to top Go down
Usa-chan
Lotus Crystal

Usa-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : smol

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga?   [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th June 2016, 8:19 am

Addelyn wrote:
People also tend to be less romantic in an established relationship once you get over the "wooing" phase.
That's another thing that made their relationship seem realistic. ^^^^ It's also important to note that many couples have issues after the excitement and wonder of having a new relationship disappears, but Usagi and Mamoru still managed to stay together even after their "honeymoon stage". Even though they were less visibly romantic in the later arcs, their relationship continued to grow stronger. For example, they had more self-doubt and trust issues in the earlier arcs (ex: jealously over Chibiusa in Black Moon and over Haruka & Michiru in Infinity). Also, more characters were introduced as the series progressed which often took the focus away from their relationship.

Last edited by Chibi Usako on 1st July 2016, 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/ http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/
EisakuPanda
Pyramidal Crystal

EisakuPanda

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga?   [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th June 2016, 8:03 pm

Hahaha the rose throwing! Yeah, he was pretty useless at times.
[Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga? - Page 2 C09

I have to agree that Mamoru from the manga was overall a better and more romantic boyfriend. Crystal Mamoru is of course following the manga better so maybe that anime version of himself (?). And yes, the 90's anime really ruined their relationship, what with the on and off, the "romance" rivalry between usagi and rei, the childishness... just... no. Definitely don't want to talk about the whole break up either. LOL
Back to top Go down
demando97
Star Seed

demando97

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga?   [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd July 2016, 2:52 pm

In the manga, most definitely.
The 90s anime had more of a comedic feel to it, than a romantic one so unfortunately I think trying to make their relationship more believable suffered a bit because of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga?   [Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Debate] Do you think Mamoru was more romantic in the anime or manga?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top