The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Lotro: Cauldron Invasion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Fallen Paladin

Lotro: Cauldron Invasion Empty
PostSubject: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime11th May 2013, 7:42 am

Since the announcement thread, I gather that Kyra (Sailor Uranus), Brit (Small Lady), Verdandi, and Venus were interested.

Which server are we going to? Brit was on Brandywine, Kyra on Vilya, I'm on Laurelin and snowbourne... I say we choose one of the EN-RP servers, so we can do more ad-hoc live role-playing without the hassle of a the setup and waiting time between posts. Everyone starting new alts is also a good thing. No overpowered help from seniors .

First: Anyone interested?

EDIT: Brit's on Brandywine, her friend is on brandywine, I can start an alt on brandywine, easy matter then. Unless someone has problems with starting alts there, I'll proclaim it as the "official" GC server.

Last edited by Boromonokli on 14th May 2013, 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://monokli.oszto
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 6:27 pm

I haven't had much time for MMOs lately. I might think about it though, I still have LOTRO downloaded. Smile

Also why did you create another thread? Can I just merge this with the other? I don't see why we need two LOTRO threads. ^^
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 7:09 pm

I agree to feeding my addictive video game personality with LOTRO
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 7:14 pm

Oh venus you should. its fun. xD
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime13th May 2013, 3:40 am

I didn't want to clutter it up with the organizing talks, I think that thread is best left for discussing the game itself. So, do you have a server in mind?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime13th May 2013, 10:46 am

But that thread was more of discussing organization too...The whole point of it was Uranus saying "HEY LETS PLAY TOGETHER". xD

Anyway, we can leave them separate if we keep the other one about discussing LOTRO and this one strictly for discussing plans.

I just started my game up so it could update. If I remember correctly, the BF and I have mains on the Brandywine server (I can confirm that once my game is updated). My main I never got past like level 40... I think i was just barely getting into the 30s. My BF has a high level main but I don't think he ever maxed either (this is due to severe gaming ADD lol).

Anyway, I'd gladly start an alt on that server. That way if my BF ever wants to play again, he can join in too. Though Keep in mind, once summer school starts, I'm going to hardly have any time to play and thats in less than a month. :/
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime13th May 2013, 11:46 pm

Brandywine? Sounds good. The update servers were down yesterday, but I'll see if things work today. I'm going to wait until you have a definite answer though. No need to be hasty.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime13th May 2013, 11:47 pm

Well I had it set up to update today while I was at work. And it never updated. D: /sigh
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime14th May 2013, 1:52 am

Lotro Login Screen wrote:
Login Issues
Mon, 13 May 2013 20:35:20 GMT
We are currently investigating an issue preventing players from patching and/or logging into the game. We do not currently have an ETA on a resolution.

Let's hope they solve it soon! Right at this moment, the updater is applying the iterations. If it fails to initialize, delete temporary internet files.

Next question: What classes and races are we going to play? (bad news: No green hair available. Dwarves can't play lore masters. So much for Dwarf sailor pluto Very Happy . I'll take the guardian role however, anytime. As a dwarf.)

Edit: I suggest also that we skip the tutorial section (the instanced/separated story part, such as the finding of skorgrim, achet for humans, idk for hobbits) because we can only play it together in very special occasions, while travel to the other's starting area is easy after you're out in the big open world. Is that good for you?
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime14th May 2013, 6:52 am

Brandywine? Sure. Oh! I don't have it downloaded on my laptop. I need to do that, first. I forgot...
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime14th May 2013, 7:59 am

Lotro: Cauldron Invasion Ryo10
That's my character, inspired by Greg/Ryo Urawa. Also, sounds pretty dwarfy.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime14th May 2013, 10:06 am

I forgot how long it takes to download this thing. -.- Might be awhile before I join.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime14th May 2013, 1:55 pm

And I accidentally turned off my computer after it had been downloading the program all morning and early afternoon. -.-
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime14th May 2013, 2:07 pm

If it's torrent download, or pando media booster it'll continue. I think.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime14th May 2013, 2:08 pm

Which is altogether a life-saver!
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime14th May 2013, 2:19 pm

If we can get 8 characters together, (alts count) we can have a kinship.

Edit: No reply yet, better make the post serve a purpose then.

Since I'm pulling you into the game, I want to tell you that it's not just because lotro is a cool mmo rpg that I played and liked. Sure it is great, and it is also great to play it with friends, but there is another thing: It's a great roleplaying platform, and has some nifty social features like the abc music system, and the inbuilt (toggleable) voice chat. Characters can have biographies that you have written for them, so you can look up and update your backstory while you are sitting in a tavern, with the newest chapter of your wondrous adventures.

What I'm planning now is a background story for us, cauldronites and moonies. The basic premise is that Sailor Moon exists in Lotr as a magical dream. Anyone can have these dreams, but for most people they are fragmented, and only the men and elves paid heed to it's content so far. ( of course this is a pre-alpha version of the story)
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime14th May 2013, 9:08 pm

I got it all working! If I create a new character should I aim to be a certain race and/or class? Or should it be themed?

Also if you want, my main is: Elwryn, hobbit minstrel, lvl 28 (as of now, god i was lower than i thought o.O).
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime14th May 2013, 9:35 pm

(My mimstrel on snowb is also 28 Smile )

The character you want to roleplay as. If it's sailor moon themed, all the better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lotro: Cauldron Invasion   Lotro: Cauldron Invasion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lotro: Cauldron Invasion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top