The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack   Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th October 2011, 9:27 am

I've noticed. Half of the streaming sites for the episodes have had Sailor Moon taken down. Sucks, I was finally starting to watch the entire series in Japanese. (I've only seen a few of classic, S, and few Stars.) but since I want to, they're taking it away. :c

But I'd rather a re-release. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tofu
Star Seed

Tofu

Star Seed

Title : Virgo Senshi. ♥

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack   Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th October 2011, 9:30 am

@Apple Stardust: I know, I would have that shit pre-ordered months in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://roastedtofu.tumblr.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack   Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th October 2011, 9:31 am

Me, too. I would have the releases pre-ordered, but I would also love to watch it on the television. Toonami, perhaps? Or whatever it is called nowadays. It changes its name too often.
Back to top Go down
Tofu
Star Seed

Tofu

Star Seed

Title : Virgo Senshi. ♥

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack   Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th October 2011, 9:37 am

I don't watch TV much, but I understand wanting to watch it on
a television channel. I think it would open up a lot of new moonies
and a whole new generation of north american fans.

Also, if we had it on some television stations, I'm pretty sure
that we could walk into Walmart and purchase dolls and toys.

Oh man, that would be bad for my financial means. LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://roastedtofu.tumblr.com/
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack   Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th October 2011, 10:21 am

I listen to the music from sailormusic.net, they have everything.
Back to top Go down
LunaOsa
Lotus Crystal

LunaOsa

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack   Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th October 2011, 5:03 pm

It just got worse. They must really plan on doing something with Sailor Moon... Anyone here know the Youtube User CodenameSailorEarth? Their account was suspended because of copyright policies. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YoungAngel38?feature=mhee
Alyssa
Pyramidal Crystal

Alyssa

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack   Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th October 2011, 5:29 pm

I noticed that yesterday, as well. I'm very disappointed since I listen to SM music quite often. I dislike downloading files but it looks like that is the only way I can get my SM music fix. Mad
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack   Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th October 2011, 8:13 pm

Hm, well, I think copyright laws apply outside of the US too and since the music IS copyrighted, they have to right to have the videos taken down. I know it sucks because currently we have no venue to buy the music more locally (because importing that stuff is ridiculously priced anyway). I don't think them taking it down means anything for the US, i think it has to do with the worldwide revival.

As much as I want the anime and stuff back in the US, I am not being too hopeful about anything. I was EXTREMELY skeptical when I first saw the manga announcement. I almost didn't believe it until I went to Kodansha's website. When it comes to Sailor Moon, I've learned to ignore rumors and anyone talking about the anime coming back.

Also, in the case of the music, I highly suggest downloading it from SailorMusic.net before that website is forced to take down its files.
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack   Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack - Page 3 I_icon_minitime13th October 2011, 6:07 am

Like I said, the rumor I heard was speculation and in no way confirmed. I, myself, won't hold my breath until there is an official announcement from a distribution company that they had aquired the rights. ^^

As for the copyright laws, that is completely correct but I think every country has their own version of it if that makes sense. I have seen some interesting ways for Youtube to respond to copyright laws to where I had come acrossed several videos where it states that I'm not allow to view the video due to the country I'm in or something to that matter. I can't remember word for word, but I did find it strange.
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack   Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack - Page 3 I_icon_minitime13th October 2011, 6:29 am

I have merged the topic Another Copyright Attack with this thread, Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack, as it was the one previously created and on the same subject. Please try to look through the list of topics first on a forum before you post to make sure that your subject has not already been started. Smile

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack   Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack - Page 3 I_icon_minitime13th October 2011, 3:41 pm

Paprika wrote:
As for the copyright laws, that is completely correct but I think every country has their own version of it if that makes sense. I have seen some interesting ways for Youtube to respond to copyright laws to where I had come acrossed several videos where it states that I'm not allow to view the video due to the country I'm in or something to that matter. I can't remember word for word, but I did find it strange.

BBC does that a lot. If its licensed i the UK or on their UK website, I can't watch something streaming without using a UK Proxy. I guess they'd prefer me to use their BBCAmerica website? I dunno, seems pointless to me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack   Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Licenses: YouTube's Attack

View previous topic View next topic Back to top