The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

[Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  Empty
PostSubject: [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?    [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  I_icon_minitime22nd July 2016, 4:23 pm

Thanks to Kaioli for inspiring this. 

We all know that when Saturn brings down her glaive in silence, the world is destroyed. We also know that she has an attack, Silence Wall that can stop attacks. 

So the question is, can Saturn actually survive her own attack, destroying the world, by using Silence Wall? Both are very powerful attacks/defenses so it would be interesting to see what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
TS Sailor Cronus
Lotus Crystal

TS Sailor Cronus

Lotus Crystal

Title : TITAN SOLDIER OF STARS AND DESTINY! SAILOR CRONUS!

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?    [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  I_icon_minitime22nd July 2016, 4:25 pm

Pretty sute Reborn is a slow attack, so the first thing you have to factor in is, is she fast enough to complete thr first and start the seconf?

Also, Im gairly certsin the cost of using Reborn is hrr life, much like Pluto amd Time Stop.
Back to top Go down
http://tssc-manga.weebly.com https://www.deviantart.com/enfpurplekitti
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?    [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  I_icon_minitime22nd July 2016, 4:29 pm

Theoretically, if it isn't, would she be able to survive though? Saturn is said to be second to only Sailor Moon in terms of power, and both are incredibly powerful.
Back to top Go down
Kaolinite
Lotus Crystal

Kaolinite

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Kaolinite

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?    [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  I_icon_minitime22nd July 2016, 4:43 pm

Personally I don't think that Silence Wall could protect Sailor Saturn from dying to her own attack. I always saw it as a wall that could block of any kind of projectile and not as a counterattack that could block any attack.

[Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  2675539_1336231841626.38res_400_300[Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  Saturn45

Looking at images of Sailor Saturn using it, we can see that the attack isn't absorbed or anything. It makes it's way around the Silence Wall and strikes down somewhere else. This indicates that Saturn is creating a literal wall to shield her from attacks.

Now we need to look at how swinging down the Glaive affects her:
If it is how TS Sailor Cronus said, an attack that works similar to Pluto's Timestop, there is no way Silence Wall would do anything about her dying.
If we go with Addelyn and say it isn't like Pluto's Timestop, this would make it some kind of recoil from the Glaive itself. As we see in the pictures Silence Wall is casted directly in front of the Glaive. Since the backfire would come from her Glaive, Silence Wall would not be able to protect her because it comes from within it.
Back to top Go down
TS Sailor Cronus
Lotus Crystal

TS Sailor Cronus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?    [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  I_icon_minitime22nd July 2016, 4:55 pm

I agree that for the sake of this discussion, we should dispense with the cost of using it, if such normally applies.

If she executes Reborn, does it destroy buildings/ land/ the world, or just human life? Cause if she destroys the world, somehow I doubt Wall can give her air to breathe.

[Edited for sane-ness]
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?    [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  I_icon_minitime22nd July 2016, 6:34 pm

If you look at the destruction of the SM, it probably destroys a lot, including buildings. While a lot of destruction can be chalked up to the war, not all of it can. The ruins suggest total annihilation.
Back to top Go down
TS Sailor Cronus
Lotus Crystal

TS Sailor Cronus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?    [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  I_icon_minitime22nd July 2016, 7:34 pm

That's what I thought. Sounds like Firefly-girl still quickly goes out like a... light... >.>;
Back to top Go down
CrystalBunny
Lotus Crystal

CrystalBunny

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?    [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 4:36 am

Addelyn wrote:
The ruins suggest total annihilation.
I think that only Silence Glaive Surprise could do this since she would turn the entire universe into "silence".
Back to top Go down
Xenox33
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?    [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 8:07 am

If we are talking about the anime, then Silence Glaive Surprise is pretty clearly a cost of using it full power thing like the Silver Crystal.  I mean consider that when she is about to use it on Nehellenia one of the last thing she thinks is that she hopes Usagi can save Chibiusa.   Chibiusa is a couple feet behind her.   So I don't believe she was planning on destroying  the entire place since that would have killed Chibiusa defeating her purpose of sacrificing her life?   Likewise when she is about to use it on Galaxia the talk is strictly about it killing her with no mention of the other Outers behind her being killed too.   Heck even if you look at the battle with Pharaoh 90 she's fighting alongside Sailor Moon and doesn't kill her.  Plus it's sorta implied that the only reason she survived to turn into a baby instead of dying is because Super Sailor Moon was there to help....thus she was able to hold just enough back to be "reborn"?

If we're talking the manga, then it's a lot less clear.  I mean we can say for sure Silence Glaive Surprise definitely does not kill her as she uses it multiple times once in Super and once or twice while under Galaxia's control in Stars.  Death Reborn Revolution she only uses one time does major damage to the planet, and pushes back again Pharaoh 90 causing him to start to retreat.  She doesn't die immediately here instead following the retreating entity to its home dimension.  It is only after the door is closed and shortly after when Sailor Moon (in NQS form) uses the Silver Crystal that baby Hotaru is beamed back to Earth as a baby.   So what happened?  Did she use a stronger form of DRR in that dimension?   Did she use a different attack to end Pharaoh 90s world in the Tau system which killed herself?   Was it just a time delay until she went nuclear after using her DRR attack?    We also do not get to witness what happened during the Silver Millennium only being told she lowered her glaive and everything ended...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?    [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 8:52 am

Contrary to popular belief, the attack that ends the world actually has no name. She simply wordlessly lowers the glaive. None of the named attacks does total annihilation.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Xenox33
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?    [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 9:39 am

See I'm not so sure about that.  I mean in the manga Saturn says something to the effect of "I have to lower my glaive"   Then immediately after she calls out "Death Reborn Revolution".  She raises her glaive, the energy ribbons form and start wrecking stuff in the immediate area, and then she lowers the glaive and this happens.

[Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  Saturn_World_End

So that seems to be her world wrecking move she used as her energy appears to be going over the whole planet wrecking stuff (Unless this was just supposed to be the senshi picturing what would happen in their minds?)  Which kind of makes me think that DRR might actually be a two part move with the first part just being the summoning/focusing the initial destructive energy around her and the second part unleashing it as a whole when she swings down?  Otherwise why would she use DRR immediately after declaring she was going to lower the glaive when she seemingly does the exact opposite raising it for DRR?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?    [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 9:51 am

[Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  1928763829 I can survive anything! You won't get rid of me that easy!   [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  473108418

xD But for me, I always felt Saturn had levels of attacks, but only one that would kill her to use. The others would be no different than the other senshi's attacks, but her "end all" attack would kill her no matter what. It's the nature of the beast. She ends the world, and goes with it.
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?    [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 9:58 am

Xenox33 wrote:
So that seems to be her world wrecking move she used as her energy appears to be going over the whole planet wrecking stuff (Unless this was just supposed to be the senshi picturing what would happen in their minds?)  Which kind of makes me think that DRR might actually be a two part move with the first part just being the summoning/focusing the initial destructive energy around her and the second part unleashing it as a whole when she swings down?

Two parts is definitely possible. If I recall correctly, she didn't call out Death Reborn Revolution when she destroyed the Silver Millennium, though. But then again, the manga's consistency issues is just awful.

I also believe it's an all or nothing thing when the glaive swings down. It wouldn't make sense for her to be able to protect herself, let alone with something as small as Silence Wall.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
TS Sailor Cronus
Lotus Crystal

TS Sailor Cronus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?    [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 12:27 pm

Sailor Mercury wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, the attack that ends the world actually has no name. She simply wordlessly lowers the glaive. None of the named attacks does total annihilation.

I keep forgetting that, although I sometimes wonder if it's a two-part attack or something. (I'll hold onto my reasoning on that for another time/ discussion.)

That blasted thing needs a name. >.<;

I looked up the Greek term for "to lower" and got "na meiosei," (and a part of me is disappointed for not realizing that).

Anyway, I vote we name her world-destroying attack "Silence Glaive Meiosei". Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?    [Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Theory] Can Sailor Saturn survive her own attack?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top