The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM Empty
PostSubject: A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM   A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM I_icon_minitime18th April 2013, 9:49 pm

I was originally going to reply to Katie Skyye's thread but I didn't want to hijack so I thought I'd just make a new thread.

After much procrastinating I finally decided to watch PGSM and thought I'd make a thread sharing my experience, idea for this kind of thread goes to Miki, at least I think Miki was the first one to think of it. I don't know. But before I begin my review of the first three acts there is one thing I have to say.

A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM MakotoBaseballcapcopy

I like her hat. In fact... Mako's hat should be my hat! *takes her hat* There, that's better. Now!

Act 1

*Wives, mothers, daughters, hide your jewelry! It's the terrifying, mesmerizing A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 2463175101Tuxedo Bandit!
*But never fear! Sailor V is here! A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 2027930456 Get him, Sailor V!
*Opening credits are nice. I love the song.
*It's Usagi!
*Usagi's younger brother!
*Usagi's mother!
*Usagi is late for school but wait, what's this? It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a--
* A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 186320883LUNA!
*Luna has been stuffed! Luna, what did they do to you!?
*Faceplant! Poor Luna. And did she literally fall from the moon?
*Usagi is late and the teacher stretching her face reminds me of every grandmother in America.
*Ami! I see Ami!
*Naru!
*Karaoke!
*They. Keep. Switching. From. Frame. To. Frame. I. Can't. Keep. Up. Getting... Dizzy...
*Instead of it being a Jewelry Store it's a Jewelry Show with models.
*Usagi: I'm not a model! Mamoru: No one would think you are. Ooh! Another victim of... A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 2463175101the Tuxedo Bandit.
*Trouble afoot as Jadeite appears and Naru's mother is taken over by a youma with three water arms! "Look mom, I got three hands!
*Usagi crashes on her bed, stuff Luna just chillaxing.
*Ooh, the Senshi gets cellphones this time around.
*The next day Naru is suspicious that her mother is not her mother. Good on you, Naru.
*Jadeite poke of doom! Naru goes to sleep.
*Usagi senses Naru is in danger and tries to get into the show after being denied entry, then she falls on Luna (we have got to stop meeting like this)
*Usagi manages to get in by disguising herself as a model via snapshot of another model.
*Usagi transformed into Sailor Moon! Hooray! A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 190603310
*Ooh! She gets the Moon Stick early on.
*Sailor Moon saves the day! A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 190603310
*Oh no! Jadeite threw an ice spike (I forget) at her. Look out, Sailor Moon!
* A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 2463175101Ice? This looks like a job for the Tuxedo Bandit!
*Jadeite flees, Tuxedo Mask leaves and Sailor Moon hearts go thump, thump, thump (that's the sound a heart makes, right?)

Act 2

*Queen Beryl is not pleased about Sailor Moon's awakening, no sir.
*Luna shows Usagi her secret hideout, it's really cool!
*Usagi got a bad grade again, mama gonna kill her.
*Girls be gossiping about Ami. You leave Ami alone!
*Luna is the Sailor Soldier tracker. She's led to Ami and thinks she's a Sailor Soldier.
*Ami finds Luna faceplant (she's always doing that) and talks to her all formally.
*Usagi enters the scene.
*D'aww, they seem to be hitting it off.
*D'aww, Ami is looking forward to lunch tomorrow.
*Usagi is excited about Ami being a Sailor Soldier A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 335194840
*Usagi tells Ami. Oh no, Ami thinks she's only wants to be friends because they're soldiers. No, Ami, it's not like that Sad
*Usagi tells Luna she doesn't want Ami to be forced to be Sailor Mercury. You tell her, Usagi.
*Usagi's mom assigned her to Cram School to improve her grades. Hah.
*OMG it's kid cram school. Poor Usagi A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 2463175101and the Tuxedo Bandit burns her again.
*Ami avoids passing out by the youma by listening to Aino, Minako music. It's a life saver!
*Oh noes, the youma is chasing Ami!
*Oh noes, she's falling!
*Sailor Moon got her!
*Now they're both hanging on for dear life!
*Aww, they made up.
*Oh no! Ami fell!
*Falling, falling, falling... HOLY TRANSFORMATION SAILOR MOON! It's Sailor Mercury! A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 335194840
*Hah! Take that, youma! A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 190603310 A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 335194840
*Jadeite fails again, Tuxedo Mask finds the development interesting.
*Jadeite already plotting his next strike.
*OMG REI-CHAN! It's Rei-Chan! Ahh! Now it's over.

Act 3

*The girls are talking about disappearances.
*Usagi invites Ami to eat with her friends but she doesn't
*Usagi asks why she didn't and Ami explains it's to keep people from suspecting them to be Sailor Soldiers, but I suspect there's more to it.
*They go back to Luna's hideout
*OMG it's a quiz game! Luna: How many soldiers do we have left to find? Me: Three! Ami: Two. Luna: Correct! Me: Wat? Usagi: I knew that! Me: Usagi knew something I didn't? WAT!?
*Ami pwns Usagi and myself at the quiz, Luna explains what the silver crystal is again to Usagi who didn't listen the last time. They talk about Sailor V and Luna says she's going to investigate her more. Ooh.
*Usagi and Ami be walking, talking, and they bump into Rei.
A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM ReiHinoStarecopy
Epic Rei stare. I'm in love.
*Rei drops something and Usagi picks it up.
*Usagi tries to give it back to her but the crows scares her away.
*Usagi and Ami talks about the missing girls some more, Usagi's mom comes in and starts sitting on Usagi. My mom would totally do that to me.
*Usagi goes back to the Shrine and sees some girls are picking on Rei. The feels T_T
*Usagi saves the day because she's awesome like that.
*Luna tries to catch up with Sailor V but she doesn't do so well with the jumping thing. You're supposed to double tap X twice, Luna!
*Luna wonders if Sailor V is the Moon Princess because of the moon crescent on her forehead. I'd ask the same question.
*Usagi and Ami disguise themselves as priestesses to investigate the missing girls. I think it's great that Usagi isn't the only one that gets to wear disguises.
*They run into Rei and follow her to a priestess on the ground. They think she's the youma and it looks like Rei is going to attack them but instead she's attacking the youma behind them! Oh, classic.
*Oh no! Usagi and Rei got pulled into the portal to another realm.
*Sailor Moon time! A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 190603310
*Rei transform into Sailor Mars omg! A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 3309518329
*They lead the girls back through the portal and Sailor Moon is on her way of following Mars out but gets pulled away from the portal. The portal is closing will she make it?
* A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 2463175101this looks like a job for the Tuxedo Bandit!
*Tuxedo Bandit manages to get Sailor Moon through the portal before it closes. Yay!
*Everything seems to be A okay in Senshi world except Rei: I'm not your companion. Oh noes, Rei isn't being a team player. NUUUUU! T_T

And that's the first three acts. If I glossed over anything it's because I'm remembering this from recent memory since I watched Act 1 last night and Acts 2 - 3 a couple of hours ago.

A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 2552997083

Oh, hi, Mako. What's up?

No, Mako, this is my hat. My hat.

Mako! Mako... Let's talk about this-- AHHHHH!

A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM YddiAmM
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM   A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM I_icon_minitime18th April 2013, 10:08 pm

This is interesting, maybe I should do one for Myu once I'm done with the anime...

Warning about PGSM: Let go absolutely everything you know about Sailor Moon. The characters in PGSM have been changed incredibly significantly. You will get confused if you watch it thinking about what you already know!
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM   A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM I_icon_minitime18th April 2013, 10:17 pm

Miki, how did I know you were going to be the first replier?

So far I haven't had that problem, I've just been going with the motions and has loved everything from the cast so far. If this keeps up PGSM is going to become my new favorite version of Sailor Moon in no time.
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM   A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM I_icon_minitime19th April 2013, 12:01 am

Act 4

*Usagi is bummed about Rei not wanting to be friends, still considers her a friend though. Luna says for now they need to focus on finding the mystical silver crystal.

*Queen Beryl ponders if the Soldiers are trying to awaken their princess, concludes that her awakening may bring them one step closer to finding the crystal. Jadeite comes in, Beryl not too pleased with his repeated failures and calls in Nephrite and I am DIGGING Nephrite's PGSM look. It's also great to see the two characters standing side by side for once.

*The gang hear news of a party where the guest of honor plans to reveal her mystical blue crystal. Usagi notes that it's not "silver" but Luna suggests it may only be called silver in name. Usagi is excited about going to a party and accidentally hits the... A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 2463175101 Tuxedo Bandit, who is starting to get tired of always running into her. Luna comments that she sense something strange coming from him. Later on we see Tuxedo Mask and Nephrite both find the blue crystal equally worth investigating as Luna does.

*Nephrite passes Rei and Rei senses something, the other girls run up to her and Usagi continues to try to be her friend but Rei insists on doing things alone and leaves again.

*It's a Halloween party! Ami is dressed up like a cat and Usagi is dressed in a bear costume. I don't need to say more.

*Rei comes to the party in an eye mask, I almost didn't recognize her :3

*Tuxedo Mask has the perfect disguise. Usagi bumps into him and gives him bear hugs. So cute.

*Ami runs into Rei later on and they bond a little, talking about being afraid of friends and we're given a bit more insight into each character's mindset. It's nice.

*Then they run into a youma set loose by Nephrite and manage to free the birthday girl who the youma was using as a host and Mercury runs off with the blue crystal.

*Mars gets all tied up and Usagi comes in to help but she can't get out of that blasted bear suit.

*Mars musters up enough strength to break out of the monster's vines and help Usagi away and getting her out of the bear suit. Usagi manages to get a smile out of Rei but then they remember Ami who is being chased on the rooftop by the youma. Then another copy of the youma appears!

*It's three on three now as the youma makes a third copy and they find they have to destroy the three at the same time or they'll keep coming back to life.

*Usagi comes up with the idea of following the rhythm of Aino, Minako's music (once again it is a life saver!) to sync their attacks at the right time to destroy the monsters.

*It works! Yay!

*We see Tuxedo Mask go one on one with Nephrite, the crystal ends up falling through the air and Usagi catches it on the ledge of the building and is unable to keep balance.

*Tuxedo Mask catches her just in time but is unable to hold on and both end up falling off the roof.

*The Moon Stick lights up and generates an orb around them that floats them slowly to the ground, Usagi starts to sing as they descend and we see the first real cute/romantic moment between the two. Nephrite flees and Ami and Rei meets up with Usagi on the ground.

*Luna asks who Tuxedo Mask is, he doesn't seem to know and suggests as long as they're both looking for the silver crystal that they might be enemies. Luna chews on this more as Tuxedo Mask takes his leave.

*Usagi, Ami and Rei are all walking together, Usagi starts singing and Ami joins in as Rei starts to get into it a little while following them. Usagi suggests a karaoke party and Rei repeats that she doesn't like karaoke, then adds that she'll come if they remove that part. Usagi agrees and the three hop along. Yay! They're friends now.

Can I just say how awesome it is to see Usagi come up with an idea all her own to defeat the enemy? That's another PGSM change I can adore.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM   A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM I_icon_minitime19th April 2013, 3:04 am

No reference to epic, Makoto in the Thunderstorm scene D:

Thats the best bit!
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM   A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM I_icon_minitime19th April 2013, 3:56 am

ToriJ wrote:

So far I haven't had that problem, I've just been going with the motions and has loved everything from the cast so far. If this keeps up PGSM is going to become my new favorite version of Sailor Moon in no time.

because of the time you posted. if it was earlier, i'd be the first reply!

and i started watching it not really wanting too... you know, those "fighting" sequences, stuffed Luna... but the characters are so well developed, the stories are so well written and MOST of the acting is really good as well *-*

and then i fell in love with c'est la vie.

but like miki said, forget everything you know about sailor moon and just go with the flow. i promise you it will be an incredible journey
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Litachan
Star Seed

Litachan

Star Seed

Title : The Official PGSM Makoto Kino! <3

PostSubject: Re: A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM   A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM I_icon_minitime19th April 2013, 5:20 am

Oh gosh, "Tuxedo Bandit", I'm laughing my butt off over here. XD
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM   A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM I_icon_minitime19th April 2013, 6:02 am

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
No reference to epic, Makoto in the Thunderstorm scene D:

Thats the best bit!

There was a Makoto thunderstorm scene?

Mi Mako Chan wrote:
ToriJ wrote:

because of the time you posted. if it was earlier, i'd be the first reply!

and i started watching it not really wanting too... you know, those "fighting" sequences, stuffed Luna... but the characters are so well developed, the stories are so well written and MOST of the acting is really good as well *-*

and then i fell in love with c'est la vie.

but like miki said, forget everything you know about sailor moon and just go with the flow. i promise you it will be an incredible journey

Stuff Luna didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Only thing that confused me is whether or not the show acknowledges the fact that she's stuffed. Subtitles at the beginning of Act 2 has Usagi calling her stuffed but English subs have steered me wrong before. Right now it's ambiguous.

Litachan wrote:
Oh gosh, "Tuxedo Bandit", I'm laughing my butt off over here. XD

You laugh now but when you find all your jewelry stolen you won't be laughing. Okay, maybe you'll still be laughing. But that's a small price to pay for the Tuxedo Bandit! A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 2463175101
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM   A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM I_icon_minitime19th April 2013, 9:19 am

yes, there was a scene in the rain. so sad...

and they know the pets are plushies
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM   A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM I_icon_minitime20th April 2013, 7:23 pm

Act 5

*Ami talks about how great it is to have friends
*Ami starts to worry that her friendship might not be genuine
*Usagi comments about the way Ami greets her is like they're not friends, further contributing to Ami's worries
*Ami gets a self-help book on friendship, I'm sure nothing bad will come from this
*Ami calls Usagi by her first name, Usagi-chan is a happy Usagi-chan
*Ami says good morning to the entire class
*Wait for it
*The entire class is confused
*Pajamas party!
*Rei is invited but doesn't go, tells Usagi that she and Ami shouldn't force it, Rei-chan wisdom ftw
*Usagi questions if Ami needs her glasses and thinks she looks better without them, Ami explains she feels awkward without them
*Ami overdid it on the make-up, instant lulz
*Pajamas party takes a turn for the worse as Ami passes out
*Usagi finds the book while Ami is unconscious, says she doesn't like these changes if they're a lie
*Usagi expresses her disappointment to Rei, Rei lays down more of that Rei-chan wisdom with "People don't change so suddenly"
*Luna contacts the Senshi and tells them a potential lead on the silver crystal has been found
*Usagi bumps into "HIM" again and learns his name is Mamoru
*Mamoru makes fun of her inability to read Kanji
*Ami finds the youma going after the crystal lead and transforms into Sailor Mercury, battling the youma alone
*Oh no! Ami's in trouble! But before things can get worse Sailor Moon and Mars enter the scene and Sailor Moon destroys the monster
*Tuxedo Mask gets the silver crystal lead and confirms that it's not the crystal, stares at Sailor Moon for a moment after tossing it to her and whip his cape back and forth
*Usagi asks why Ami didn't call for them sooner, Ami responds by addressing Usagi by name for the first time that was actually genuine and Usagi comments that she'd knew she'd like that talking style better. Group Senshi hug!
*Usagi's school friends notices Ami has reverted back to her regular self, blame Usagi teasingly and comments about how Ami's a genius. Usagi ponders if Ami might change gradually as time goes on, the first sign of this is shown later as Ami realizes she forgot her glasses
*The episode ends with a girl walking down the street in the middle of a thunderstorm (BRING IT ON LIGHTNING!) and then looks at the camera. OMG IT'S SAILOR JUPITER!
Back to top Go down
Litachan
Star Seed

Litachan

Star Seed

Title : The Official PGSM Makoto Kino! <3

PostSubject: Re: A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM   A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM I_icon_minitime21st April 2013, 8:36 am

Makoto's introduction at the end of that act is pretty awesome. ^_^
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM   A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM I_icon_minitime23rd April 2013, 11:25 pm

I've been trying to rewatch PGSM but this keeps running through my head now A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM 1955989781
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM   A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Novice's Walkthrough of PGSM

View previous topic View next topic Back to top