The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

one of those awkward hello threads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mandilea
Star Seed

Star Seed

one of those awkward hello threads Empty
PostSubject: one of those awkward hello threads   one of those awkward hello threads I_icon_minitime15th August 2011, 8:13 pm

I've always thought hello/introduce yourself threads are the most useful, and most awkward things on the internet. Probably because I feel like a crazy person when I try and describe myself.

So lets see, everything you need to know.

I love to cosplay, create costumes, and take photos. I've been playing with power tools longer than Sailor Moon has been in print*. I first discovered Sailor Moon when it came on UPN during its first American run, and fell in love with it sometime after sitting through Bannana's in Pajamas with my baby brother.

Cosplay when it links to Sailor Moon:
I current cosplay: Eternal Sailor Venus one of those awkward hello threads 3074743337 and Eternal Sailor Uranus one of those awkward hello threads 4039879955
On my project list is: Seiya (and Starlight form.) Galaxia, Princess Sailor Moon, Sailor Cosmos, Sailor V, and Sailor VesVes.

In case you couldn't tell, I do not love my free time.

My first love is Doctor Who, my second is most anything else Sci-fi, I go to about 12 conventions a year, a few of which are out of state and drive myself fairly crazy with things that suddenly have a dead line.
since I am too old to develop super-powers, I've through-ally investigated my family's background for any supernatural abilities, do not come from billions of dollars, and figure it is highly unlikely with my being American the Doctor will roll up and invite me along on a journey, I want to work for Warehouse 13, or at least be offered a job where the benefits include a "changer".

*For those of you counting, yes my wonderful grandfather let me drill holes in things when I was 5, in the 80's kid-proof meant we the children had a hard time breaking it.

Some random things you probably don't need to know-
-I have personally destroyed more Tonka trucks than most elementary schools, Tonka wrote my father to tell him this.
-I have books published but I don't give out my pen-name, I'm not very proud of what I let them edit them down into when I was younger.
-My life theory is chaos, not that chaos is a bad thing but that it is life. I have a very large thesis to back this up, and will occasionally fall into rants about such things.
-When on forums and blogs, I write and punctuate to match the way I would speak the words. It works for me.
Back to top Go down
http://maeanalda.tumblr.com
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

PostSubject: Re: one of those awkward hello threads   one of those awkward hello threads I_icon_minitime15th August 2011, 8:38 pm

A fellow cosplayer! Welcome aboard. You're quite ambitious to have Galaxia and Sailor Cosmos on your list of possibilities. If I may ask, how long have you been attending conventions?
Back to top Go down
temperance
Star Seed

temperance

Star Seed

Title : Wanderer in the Midnight Sun

PostSubject: Re: one of those awkward hello threads   one of those awkward hello threads I_icon_minitime15th August 2011, 9:06 pm

Hi, I'm new too, welcome ^_^ Do you have a site where your work is posted? I'd love to see some of your costumes!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: one of those awkward hello threads   one of those awkward hello threads I_icon_minitime15th August 2011, 10:03 pm

Can't wait to see some of your cosplay pics! Welcome to the forums!
Back to top Go down
Mandilea
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: one of those awkward hello threads   one of those awkward hello threads I_icon_minitime15th August 2011, 10:08 pm

I've been going to conventions for 13 years. I've taken a few hiatus' from cosplaying due to family thing and sometimes playing photographer for friends.

I've dove back in with my best friend this year and we've recently formed a small cosplay group aptly named Costumed Chaos.
She came up with a pattern for making the eternal suits, and we set to work, going crazy (And believe me you haven't lived until you've zigzag stitched 9 senshi bodysuits that were just surged in a third of the time that took,)

I am terrible at updating things like my cosplay.com account (I'm maeanalda on there,) but most newer things can be found on my devart and tumblr
Maeanalda.deviantart.com
maeanalda.tumblr.com

In the group shots, Chibi-moon made her own costume, everything else, is Ladykana and myself.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: one of those awkward hello threads   one of those awkward hello threads I_icon_minitime16th August 2011, 3:35 pm

Welcome to the forum, my dear! I agree that introductions can be quite awkward but useful as well! I am glad that you have made one though. Smile

Do make yourself at home here and feel free to PM me whenever you might need to. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Sailor Night
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Night

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Nighty

PostSubject: Re: one of those awkward hello threads   one of those awkward hello threads I_icon_minitime18th August 2011, 11:30 am

Hello here, fellow BJD owner and cosplayer!
Back to top Go down
http://ignis-divine.org
Mandilea
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: one of those awkward hello threads   one of those awkward hello threads I_icon_minitime18th August 2011, 2:07 pm

Sailor Night wrote:
Hello here, fellow BJD owner and cosplayer!

Oh someone else with BJD's!
I'm actually doing something Sailor Moon with them for Dragon*Con (and AWA).
My MSD girl is going to either be Sailor Mars or Mistress 9. (I'm too short on time to wait on a different wig before making clothes)
I've yet to decide on what my Gargoyle boy will be wearing, since I want to make use of his paws / horns / wings with his outfits!
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: one of those awkward hello threads   one of those awkward hello threads I_icon_minitime18th August 2011, 3:41 pm

Welcome welcome!!! <3 I love it when members bring uniqueness!! I am glad you joined me dear.
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Goddess of the Sea

PostSubject: Re: one of those awkward hello threads   one of those awkward hello threads I_icon_minitime18th August 2011, 7:42 pm

Aww I'd love to see your cosplay pictures! ^_^ Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
http://ednakrabappel.tumblr.com/
Sailor Night
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Night

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Nighty

PostSubject: Re: one of those awkward hello threads   one of those awkward hello threads I_icon_minitime21st August 2011, 2:41 pm

Mandilea wrote:
Oh someone else with BJD's!
I'm actually doing something Sailor Moon with them for Dragon*Con (and AWA).
My MSD girl is going to either be Sailor Mars or Mistress 9. (I'm too short on time to wait on a different wig before making clothes)
I've yet to decide on what my Gargoyle boy will be wearing, since I want to make use of his paws / horns / wings with his outfits!

Yes I do have some. =)
Spoiler:
I'm quite curious after your post, wich models do you own? A Mistress 9 BJD sounds awesome! one of those awkward hello threads 1434556979

I'm currently planning a Serenity doll, not a BJD but a Pullip. (I own a few of these too)
Back to top Go down
http://ignis-divine.org
Mandilea
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: one of those awkward hello threads   one of those awkward hello threads I_icon_minitime21st August 2011, 7:45 pm

My girls
Blair - is a Fairyland MNF Dark Elf Soo,

My boys:
Alabaster- is a Soom Gargoyle Syen.
Ryushin "Shin" - BBB Apollo (he's over 6 years old now, its insane

I have one genderless, still nameless Dollzone Momo (the little one they did for Christmas this year, it was a gift that just kinda sits on my doll shelf, I'm not really sure what to do with it.)
A box of Puki parts and a small myriad of hands, and a pair of msd high heeled feet, and some spare paw parts.

I'm doing a tiny set of Neil Gaiman's Endless from Sandman, and have been picking up the pieces I want for them for a while. (I don't like having floating heads around, but other body parts I'm okay with, its a bit strange even to me)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: one of those awkward hello threads   one of those awkward hello threads I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

one of those awkward hello threads

View previous topic View next topic Back to top