The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Hiya!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
serenityandroses
Star Seed

serenityandroses

Star Seed

Title : The Mute Medic

Hiya! Empty
PostSubject: Hiya!   Hiya! I_icon_minitime15th August 2011, 12:58 am

Hey everyone! My name is Meg and I've been into Sailor Moon for as long as I can remember. I grew up watching the shows on WB, sneaking over to my friends house to watch it on Toonami and Cartoon Network and acting out the scenes with all my friends. I'm having the hardest time coming to terms with the fact that it's being reintroduced into the world, only because now it means that a new fan base will be popping up (which also mean new friends). I thought this show was long gone. But I'm beyond excited to see just how lively it all is. AHHHHH!!!!!

Well, a little about me. I'm 23 years old living in Northern California. And when I say North, I mean NORTH! Might as well be Oregon, North. I love the area and where I'm at now. I live with my husband and a roommate and we all work for some form of the Emergency Services field. I'm a paramedic (hense the tumblr username mutemedic), my husband is a fire fighter and my roommate works in dispatch, which makes for a crazy household! And it makes for a lonely puppy!

When I'm not at work, I'm usually online, either roleplaying or just surfing the web. I love to write, so I try to do that as much as I can. My most guilty pleasure is reading and writing SM fan fiction and I'm proud of it. I'm really into reading and bought a little ereader so that I always have a book on me at work!

A little background on who I am today- Back in 2005, I was involved in a very serious car accident. I should have died and almost did a few times, but luckily, I didn't. I did, however, break my neck, my nose, my jaw and severed my windpipe. And all this happened my senior year of high school. I ended up being completely mute while the injuries healed, graduating with my class and having surgery to fix the problem 10 months later. Now, I speak with a sultry whisper (and that's why I'm the mutemedic!) that will probably be my voice for the rest of my life. I won't bore you with the big details here, but feel free to ask me about it. I'm very open with it and don't mind talking about it.

Alright, it's almost 1 in the morning and the hubby is passed out next to me, so I'd better do the same!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cordelia
Star Seed

Sailor Cordelia

Star Seed

Title : Lady of Cordelia, 1st Moon of Uranus

Hiya! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Hiya! I_icon_minitime15th August 2011, 11:02 am

Hello Meg, it's nice to meet you! I am a reading addict as well, I even convinced my parents to get me a Kindle, and then convenced the school to let me have it in class:D.
Back to top Go down
Toft
Pyramidal Crystal

Toft

Pyramidal Crystal

Hiya! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Hiya! I_icon_minitime15th August 2011, 11:06 am

Hi, welcome to the board! Very Happy Nice to meet you!
Back to top Go down
http://tofsla.dreamwidth.org
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Hiya! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Hiya! I_icon_minitime15th August 2011, 11:17 am

Hello and welcome! We're the same age! Very Happy You're a really positive person after having gone through all that. That's really amazing! Hope you enjoy the forums. Smile
Back to top Go down
serenityandroses
Star Seed

serenityandroses

Star Seed

Hiya! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Hiya! I_icon_minitime15th August 2011, 11:47 am

Sailor Cordelia wrote:
Hello Meg, it's nice to meet you! I am a reading addict as well, I even convinced my parents to get me a Kindle, and then convenced the school to let me have it in class:D.

I use to read in class all the time. I'm so addicted to reading that I got fired from a job for reading... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

Hiya! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Hiya! I_icon_minitime15th August 2011, 12:18 pm

Welcome aboard, Meg! While it's terribly unfortunate to read what transpired over the course of the past few years with relation to the after effects of your accident, it is also wonderful to see how you persevered.

You should also share with us some of your fan fiction. I'd be interested to see what you've written.
Back to top Go down
serenityandroses
Star Seed

serenityandroses

Star Seed

Hiya! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Hiya! I_icon_minitime15th August 2011, 1:01 pm

Thereisnospoon303 wrote:
Welcome aboard, Meg! While it's terribly unfortunate to read what transpired over the course of the past few years with relation to the after effects of your accident, it is also wonderful to see how you persevered.

You should also share with us some of your fan fiction. I'd be interested to see what you've written.

I posted my latest story already and I'm going to post a few of my older ones as well! I'm glad you want to read them!
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

Hiya! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Hiya! I_icon_minitime15th August 2011, 4:10 pm

Welcome to our forum, dearie! Wonderful to have you with us. Smile

I understand what you mean about your apprehension with Sailor Moon becoming so popular! I too wonder what the fan base will turn into with all the new fans. Hee.

Are you anywhere near Lake Tahoe? My brother lives there and I visited a few years ago. Utterly gorgeous. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
serenityandroses
Star Seed

serenityandroses

Star Seed

Hiya! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Hiya! I_icon_minitime15th August 2011, 4:24 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Welcome to our forum, dearie! Wonderful to have you with us. Smile

I understand what you mean about your apprehension with Sailor Moon becoming so popular! I too wonder what the fan base will turn into with all the new fans. Hee.

Are you anywhere near Lake Tahoe? My brother lives there and I visited a few years ago. Utterly gorgeous. ^^

That's like 6 hours away from me. I live almost to Oregon, 80 miles from the border! And it is gorgeous! I'm so glad I found this forum!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hiya! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Hiya! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hiya!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top