The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Art Practice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 6:21 pm

I finally got my Wacom Art Tablet and it's hard as heck to use! I'm having the hardest time looking at the screen while I draw on the tablet. I'm used to looking at the paper as I draw :/ so now I have to get used to it! It's probably gonna take a while u_u

Here are my first three attempts in a row and I'm disappointed. If I can get my friends scanner working I can upload my pencil art which is slightly better :/

Critique and tips or any advice is more then appreciated!

Art Practice Image002_zps7f2ed184

Art Practice Serenity_zps62454ed1

Art Practice Chibiusahelios_zpsfab7d436
Back to top Go down
Celest
Lotus Crystal

Celest

Lotus Crystal

Title : official sailor kakyuu lover ☆

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 6:41 pm

You're doing very well for your first time using a tablet! I get my Wacom tablet tomorrow, so I'm kinda scared xD The second one is my favorite! <3
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 6:45 pm

Keep practicing with the tablet, you'll get used to it and then be sad when you can't ctrl-z on paper. :/
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 7:06 pm

Quote :
You're doing very well for your first time using a tablet! I get my Wacom tablet tomorrow, so I'm kinda scared xD The second one is my favorite! <3

Thanks! And don't be scared, it's awesome it's just so different from a pencil and paper^^

Quote :
Keep practicing with the tablet, you'll get used to it and then be sad when you can't ctrl-z on paper. :/

I do love the control z! YEY! I wish one of the programs that came with it had the tool path pen for inking and lineart but it doesn't and I dunno how to make lineart :/

Eventually I'll get used to the whole not-looking-down-while-drawing kahfkdfh hardest part, my pen keeps going in directions I don't want it to go lol and then my hand keeps messing me up haha^^

But the lineart. I sketch for the most part but I want to create beautiful clean lineart for digital coloring but I don't know how. I was really looking forward to that pen inking tool Sad
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 7:09 pm

Which program are you using? For lineart being made with a tablet, I suggest starting on a very very very large resolution (like 3000 x 3000 pixels for example, the bigger the bettter). Then doing your line art kinda sketchy like. Whenever you zoom out, the line art will look smooth for the most part (just clean up the messier parts). Then when its time to color, resize that b**** and you're good to go. Art Practice 1569843278

And if you tell me which program you're using, i'll see if the tutorials i've used can be helpful. xD
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 7:22 pm

YEY! that's a big help already^^

Photoshop Elements 9 and Sketchbook Express 2011
Back to top Go down
Augusta Nekochan
Lotus Crystal

Augusta Nekochan

Lotus Crystal

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 7:51 pm

Your digital sketches are really lovely! I also really enjoy photoshop elements, and used it for the longest time. I'd use it even now, but it won't run on my MacBook.

GIMP has a pen tool that you might be interested in playing with, if you we're unaware.
Back to top Go down
http://chocolate-maiden.tumblr.com/ http://augustanekochan.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 8:48 pm

nerf-or-nothing wrote:
YEY! that's a big help already^^

Photoshop Elements 9 and Sketchbook Express 2011

hm, well I use Photoshop CS5, but I think most photoshop based tutorials should be beneficial to you. I've never used Sketchbook Express.

These two are good and I go back to them for reference when i forget things lol: http://kuitsuku.deviantart.com/art/Photoshop-Lineart-Coloring-Tut-56907784

http://wyldflowa.deviantart.com/art/Photoshop-Lineart-Tutorial-14354146

Hope that helps. :3

Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 9:45 pm

Quote :
Your digital sketches are really lovely! I also really enjoy photoshop elements, and used it for the longest time. I'd use it even now, but it won't run on my MacBook.

GIMP has a pen tool that you might be interested in playing with, if you we're unaware.

Thank you!! Very Happy

Does the pen tool do the same as the photoshop pen tool? I know there are different pen tools and the one I want is best for inking. You mark where you want the line and it creates it without the sharp edges of similar tools :/ I WANT IT lol

Quote :
hm, well I use Photoshop CS5, but I think most photoshop based tutorials should be beneficial to you. I've never used Sketchbook Express.

These two are good and I go back to them for reference when i forget things lol: http://kuitsuku.deviantart.com/art/Photoshop-Lineart-Coloring-Tut-56907784

http://wyldflowa.deviantart.com/art/Photoshop-Lineart-Tutorial-14354146

Hope that helps. :3

It helps but I am no where on their level and the program is so confusing to me. The last time I used an editor was quite a few years ago and it was paint shop pro 8, I forgot everything I knew when it came to coloring art -_-

Thank you so much!

Here's another peice. Right now I'm trying to get comfortable with using the pen and I'm doodling, here's Sailor venus!

Art Practice Sailorvenus_zpsa461f30d
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 11:15 pm

Your threads makes me think it'd be fun if we had a daily drawing thread. People can submit a daily doodle (it can be digital or traditional) and its just for funs... xD I like your doodles. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime18th March 2013, 6:45 am

Thank you!!^^ that makes me really happy! You should totally have a daily doodle thread! It's not only fun, but drawing even once a day helps promote practice and the more you draw the more you improve and hopefully I can!
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime18th March 2013, 10:25 am

The pen is getting a little easier to use but I'm scared of trying to attempt the lineart!!!!!

Any ideas what this character should wear? She's just a random girl I drew^^

Art Practice Sailorvenus1_zpsb3703775
Back to top Go down
Augusta Nekochan
Lotus Crystal

Augusta Nekochan

Lotus Crystal

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime18th March 2013, 10:39 am

nerf-or-nothing wrote:

Does the pen tool do the same as the photoshop pen tool? I know there are different pen tools and the one I want is best for inking. You mark where you want the line and it creates it without the sharp edges of similar tools :/ I WANT IT lol

I know the way I ink is by using the pen tool to create and fill paths. GIMP does this, and like PS you can also use it to stroke paths. I'm not totally sure what you mean by sharp edges of other tools though.... :/

Also, a daily drawing thread would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime18th March 2013, 11:55 am

Quote :
I know the way I ink is by using the pen tool to create and fill paths. GIMP does this, and like PS you can also use it to stroke paths. I'm not totally sure what you mean by sharp edges of other tools though.... :/

I'm not good at explaining things lol. The pen toll can make curved lines in PS but most programs have a line too where you click one area and it makes a line, and then it continues as many times as you click and to stop it you double click -_- I am so bad with explaining lol I was using a youtube video as reference and that's where I found out about it^^

I drew this for my friend her Bdays coming up and she loves fairies so I tried an Amy Brown/Anime mix(I wish I had Amy's talent!!!!)

Art Practice Dragfae_zps03090650
Back to top Go down
Augusta Nekochan
Lotus Crystal

Augusta Nekochan

Lotus Crystal

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime18th March 2013, 1:30 pm

Yes, the pen tool makes curved lines called vectors. The line tool will just make sharp lines. GIMP has what you are looking for. Practice practice practice though! I have a good tutorial I can link you when I get off work.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime18th March 2013, 2:09 pm

YEY! Thank you thank you! that helps a lot^^ I would love the tutorial thank you!!!!!

Here's an attempt at a more realistic like drawing. I know I failed but I'm proud of myself^^

Art Practice Face2_zpse31c00e5
Back to top Go down
Augusta Nekochan
Lotus Crystal

Augusta Nekochan

Lotus Crystal

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime18th March 2013, 6:18 pm

Oh! I forgot I had been suggesting GIMP to you. The tutorial I had in mind was for photoshop... however, I went home and looked at a few tutorials for you. This one seemed pretty simple and straightforward without going into a lot of technical talk, it just tells you how to make pretty curves and lines in the program.

Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 3:17 pm

I'm so sad! I go through periods of not being able to draw and then a day of non-stop drawing and I can't draw again. Makes me so sad! It's the same with my writing. All creativity and motivation is blocked...

Thank you for the link :C now if only I could push myself to try! I wish I could stop these blocks from happening ksjhfksdjfh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Art Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Practice   Art Practice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Art Practice

View previous topic View next topic Back to top