The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which is Your Favourite Anime Series?
Sailor Moon
POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 23 ]
Sailor Moon R
POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 14 ]
Sailor Moon S
POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap28%POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 31 ]
Sailor Moon SuperS
POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 18 ]
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 109

AuthorMessage
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th December 2014, 5:54 pm

oh wow, a lot of folk love sailor moon S. In order for me, Its S, Stars, Supers, Romance then classic. This is for the anime adaptation, not the manga though.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th December 2014, 6:51 pm

Can't believe I never voted in this poll after all this time. O_o;

I'm actually pretty tied with SuperS and the 1st season. But I guess for me Supers/Original --> R --> S/Stars. Its actually hard to rank it cause each season has episodes that I really do love and there is lots of great moments but I think when it comes down to it, thats how I rank them. xD
Back to top Go down
whitehexe
Pyramidal Crystal

whitehexe

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th December 2014, 7:13 pm

I love stars, with R being a pretty close second, and S coming in 3rd. 

I love the drama and how much we see Usagi mature in stars, you just don't get that in any other season (not as much anyway).
Back to top Go down
https://travelinggeta.blogspot.com/ http://whitehexe.tumblr.com/
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th December 2014, 8:52 pm

S - it has the most dire plot of all the seasons IMO, and is the closest Usagi came to not being able to save everyone.

Also the most screen time and development for Haruka, Michiru, Setsuna, and Hotaru. I have to be true to my username. It even helped me to start liking Chibiusa.
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th December 2014, 8:59 pm

S is my favorite! Who wouldn't love the season where the outers appear?
Back to top Go down
PyreRosie
Star Seed

PyreRosie

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th December 2014, 11:36 am

R > S > Sailor Stars > SuperS > Classic

I dunno, I did like the build up and finale in classic but I guess I just didn't like all the filler eps when I was rewatching them.

I really love the conflicts in R and I enjoy Sailor Moon's transformations and brooch design in S (and of course introducing the outers!) but I have to go with R. Also liked Ail and An's designs and of course the Black Moon Clan. :X
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st January 2015, 2:19 pm

I know not many people like it, but I like SuperS. I like S, but I like SuperS a lot more. It has better animation and music, I found the filler episodes fun and charming, and I found their villains very sympathetic and well explored...except PallaPalla. God, her voice is annoying! POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 1404836419
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st January 2015, 2:30 pm

R all the the way, even though I know it's not a popular choice. Love the character development and some of my fave episodes were in that season. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st January 2015, 2:53 pm

R is one of the best seasons! It has the best character development in the whole series I think.
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st January 2015, 4:34 pm

Wow, then I make myself quite unpopular when I say that I like S and Stars more, hahah Very Happy

First I really like these because I love the Outers. Although Uranus and Neptune can be very badass sometimes I just really enjoy it when they're there.

And I think S has a great story line - it was so emotional. S is the season I cried most xD It was just so heartbreaking to see my lovely Outers die. And then the final of the season where Hotaru died and Usagi just wanted to help her Crying or Very sad This was the most emotional scene EVER for me. It hurt so much to see my Usagi so helpless and as a nervous wreck Sad I think there you also see a great character development of her. When you remember that she cried in Classic because she doesn't want to fight and just want to go home - and then in S she cried because she just can't help, no matter what she tries.

And the last scene. Where you just see how Usagi holds this little girl in her arms and you just know that Hotaru died. You got so much to know about her and it's so sad to see this girl, who never wanted to hurt somebody and just tried to save the situation, dying POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 2869872805

And Stars. I read very often that many people don't like Stars but I really like it. Simply because of Galaxia. Galaxia is DEFINITELY my favorite villain ever. And I also love the Animamates.

And then this scene where almost all of the senshi die. It's so moving. I cry tons whenever I see that (As you can see I weep easily xD)

I never cry that much I cry when watching Sailor Moon - never let it be said that Sailor Moon is just a show for kids xD It's very moving.

Woooooow, I showed once again that I just can't be brief!
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st January 2015, 5:56 pm

You can't be that unpopular seeing that S is still leading the poll with Stars right behind. xD
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st January 2015, 6:08 pm

But according to the comments is R more popular than Stars Razz
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st January 2015, 6:28 pm

Well R isn't actually my favorite season even though it is probably one of the best out of them all. My favorite is SuperS. :3
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st January 2015, 7:30 pm

Awwww, Classic is trailing the pack...though S is still my forever fav.
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th January 2015, 8:41 pm

I'm surprised SuperS isn't on the bottom of the poll. XD;; *cheers for her favorite season*
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th June 2016, 4:43 am

First, I remembered that when I thought about this a few years ago, I chose the original season. Then I started thinking about whether or not this has changed now. And I realized that I now like SuperS just as much as the original season. Though because I could only make one choice in the official poll, I chose my choice from a few years ago of the original season.

For both S and Stars, I didn't like the tension/conflict between senshi that I felt should have been allies. I know that several (most?) fans feel that this tension adds to their enjoyment of these two seasons. But I'm different in this way (and a lot of other ways also POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 3884866259 , but that's getting off-topic, so we won't get into that here).

And as for R, it had by far my least favorite villain of this show. Sorry, but WiseMan ruins R too much for me.
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th June 2016, 6:00 am

I can't really choose x.x I love both S and SuperS. They're my faves.
Back to top Go down
LaMoonstar
Lotus Crystal

LaMoonstar

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th June 2016, 12:05 pm

I have to say Stars. I think that it has the best character/plot development even with the most seemingly random episodes. Really, it's the only one I can watch all the way through without skipping episodes. I really liked the Nehelania arc, the introduction of the Starlights and their struggle to find their princess, and the finale with Galaxia.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4632488/1/In-the-Shadow-of-Starligh http://kindnessiseternal.tumblr.com/ http://lamoonstar.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC37YaBDyUey7tN9vhPHaU1w?
EisakuPanda
Pyramidal Crystal

EisakuPanda

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th June 2016, 1:35 pm

Super S is my favourite as well, for the love of Helios and Chibi-Usa of course!! 

They are all great in my opinion! If I had to really put in order my favortie:  SuperS- Sailor Moon- S- R- and then Stars. They all have their good points of course!!
Back to top Go down
Lavender
Lotus Crystal

Lavender

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC’s Official Setsuna Meioh/Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th June 2016, 4:03 pm

Why, Stars. I really liked the short Nehellenia arc at the beggining, since it was very well-written and had incredible development of both story and characters in very few episodes. And the Outers who are coolest returned, too. I liked the other part of the arc, as well and the bonds and friendship between all ten Senshi was the strongest in this season and Mamoru not being there during the whole season, manifested some very good character development in Usagi. The Starlights were pretty cool and I liked them, their ideals, mission and relationship with the Senshi were very interesting. And the finale was conveyed in divine. POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 1394610236 Anyways, if I had to list my favorite seasons: Stars > S > Classic > R > SuperS.
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2016, 12:45 am

S has always been my favorite season.  I love that it's darker and has the Outers who are my favorite characters especially Uranus who is my favorite of them.  I also think S did the best job of taking the basic outline of the manga but also adding their own original twists to it while still keeping the same spirit and tone of the manga.   I think S has the best pacing of the series as well.  It doesn't feel too rushed but it doesn't feel like has it ton of filler ins, either.  I also think the Death Busters are my favorite villains.  I love how twisted Professor Tomoe is and Mistress 9 is such a wonderful villain I love.  And I just love the whole twist of the
Spoiler:
.  Even years later, I think it's such a well done plot twist and I think it adds a certain layer of complexity and maturity to the series.
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st October 2016, 8:26 am

My favorite was S. The villains were more intimidating, the tone was darker, the Outer Senshi and their relationship with the Inner Senshi was intriguing with their opposing ideals. It was all around a great season.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
CrystalBunny
Lotus Crystal

CrystalBunny

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st October 2016, 8:42 am

S ,of course ! Very Happy It had the best storyline ,the best villains and also the best transformation sequence for Moon Cosmic Power & Crisis ,Make up POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 190603310& also this couple loved liked by everyone ! POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 1164171495
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th July 2017, 7:43 am

My order from most to least favorite <3

Sailor Moon S: I am a Sailor Saturn fangirl - pure and simple. I also believe that season S had the strongest story of all seasons put together.

Sailor Moon R: Unlike a lot of fans, I did enjoy the Doom Tree Arc. I thought it was a nice addition to the series. Plus, the next to follow was the Black Moon Arc which I adore! 

Sailor Moon: The Classic was is what made me fall in love with Sailor Moon, the relationship of Usagi and Mamoru, and the characters itself. My only complaint about the series that was was lengthy. It could have done a bit better with a few less MotD episodes ^^

Sailor Moon SuperS: I actually like the relationship between Chibiusa and Peagus in this series. Plus, it has one of my absolutely favorite endings to all the seasons in this one. The thing is though, this series turned Usagi into a comedy relief and made her progress backwards of how she grew in season S.

Sailor Moon Stars: For this one, I know I have the unpopular opinion. I absolutely do not care for the forced relationship of Usagi and Seiya as well as I am not a fan of the Starlights. Also, the season seemed to be forcusing sorely on the Starlights rather than all the other senshi from mulitple words that seemed to be affected. While Stars did have some heart wrenching scenes, I just couldn't get past how much this season focused on Usagi and Seiya.
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
fates
Star Seed

fates

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th December 2017, 8:25 am

R followed closely by S. Stars would rank up there too, but I still haven't seen all of it.
Back to top Go down
usagi-serenity
Lotus Crystal

usagi-serenity

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Chibi Chibi (^▽^)

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th December 2017, 9:11 am

For the anime, R wins by a long shot. For the manga, however, SuperS will always be my favorite.
Back to top Go down
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/usagiserenityy
Mitsukara
Pyramidal Crystal

Mitsukara

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Heir to the Dork Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th January 2018, 10:11 am

My favorite story arcs for the anime are:

--- Least granularity:
S1 > R / S / Stars > SuperS

--- Medium granularity:

1. Dark Kingdom (S1) >
  2. Makaiju (R) /
  3. Death Busters (S) / Shadow Galactica (Stars)
  4. Black Moon (R)
  5. Nehelenia (Stars)
  6. Amazoness Quartet (SuperS)
  7. Amazon Trio (SuperS)

--- Most granularity, with movies:

1. Nephrite Arc (14-24)
  2. Zoisite / Rainbow Crystal Arc (25-35) Makoto, Minako, & Artemis introduced.
  3. Dark Kingdom Finale Arc (36-46)
  4. Makaiju Arc (47-59)
  5. Death Busters Finale arc (121-127)
  6. R Movie
  7. Jadeite Arc (1-13) Usagi, Luna, Mamoru, Ami, & Rei introduced. Also Naru & Umino.
  8. Black Moon Finale Arc (82-88)
  9. Eudial Arc (103-111)
  10. Shadow Galactica Finale Arc (194-200)
  11. Mimete Arc (112-120) Hotaru introduced.
  12. Alumnium Siren Arc (182-188)
  13. Nehelenia Arc (167-172)
  14. Esmeraude Arc (75-81)* (counting the arc's division at the travel to the future.) Sailor Pluto introduced.
  15. Lead Crow Arc (189-193)
  16. Amazoness Quartet / Dead Moon Circus Finale Arc (150-166)
  17. Iron Mouse Arc (173-181) Seiya, Taiki, & Yaten introduced.
  18. Rubeus & Ayakashi Sisters Arc (60-74) Chibi-Usa introduced.
  19. Kaolinite Arc (90-102) Haruka & Michiru introduced.
  20. S Movie
  21. SuperS Movie
  22. Amazon Trio Arc (128-149 & SuperS Special) Diana introduced.

But I love all of them! The worst thing I have to say about the Amazon Trio arc is that it's very repetitive and I feel like they should've set up for how the arc ends further in advance instead of skooshing it all into the last two episodes after a long dry stretch. I feel like that also damages the impression of the Trio as characters by making them nastier instead of giving them enough time to get all existential about their plight. And it was the single longest arc, too. But even then it has a lot of awesome things about it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/mitsukara/gallery/68885149/Sailor-Moon-Fanart
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th March 2018, 10:13 am

Oooh I like that you broke it down in arcs...maybe we should have a separate poll for that? Would you mind if you used your break down if I did that?

Cause man...there's the Makaiju Arc, which is one of my favorites. I just really enjoy seeing Usagi and Mamoru do things together without Mamoru having all those convoluted memories but at the same time...that finaleeeeee.

Annnd I might have to agree with your placement of Nephrite and Rainbow Crystal arc.

Now I really wanna start that thread. xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd March 2018, 1:44 pm

So I am totally stealing Mitsukara's ratings:

1. Amazoness Quartet (SuperS)

2. Dark Kingdom (S1) 

3.  Shadow Galactica (Stars)

4. Amazon Trio (SuperS)

5. Black Moon (R)

6. Nehelenia (Stars)

7. Makaiju (R) 

8. Death Busters (S)

Back to top Go down
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official PGSM Zoisite

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd March 2018, 3:55 am

Classic is my favorite. I can't explain in english why it's this arc, it's too difficult for me^^ After R => Star=>S et super S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?   POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POLL: Favourite 90s Sailor Moon Anime Season?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top