The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

First GC Newspaper Issue Outline

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th February 2013, 7:19 pm

Yeah I'm not trying to rush this D: I'm just trying to move it along before I forget this exists.

May sounds gfine, but I'm reckoning I'm going to have to scrap the Akiko Kosaka article because its release a bit too much of a time gap for it (it comes out in March). There's only so much you can get out of "new album" by Akiko Kosaka. Perhaps replace it with a Michiru Oshima vs. Akiko Kosaka vs. Arisawa Takenori article.

I was thinking for this first one we just go for basic "Hello" "Thankyou" "Goodbye" "How are you" etc. I'm not too sure on a discussion on grammar, I was actually thinking more along the lines of vocabulary, particular Sailor Moon-related vocab or vocab used constantly in sailor moon (yume, haato, shimatta, saraba, kibou, kokoro, hikari, that kind of thing), since its a monthly thing as of now, a continuous lesson kind of thing might be a bit too difficult to maintain. If you want maybe write a draft article sometime so we can see what you mean?

Quote :
Maybe instead of us picking the movie/TV show, we ask for forum submitted entries?

Hm, do you mean people say what they want to do and then we say if its okay or people submit a full article and we pick one? That would be more of a competition than freelancing but I don't really mind. I was thinking maybe have suggested topics that they can pick from? That way we can keep a steady control on the content. If no one selects anything, we could either offer more, write it ourselves or scrap it entirely.

I'm so sorry for being so pushy with this, I wasn't really paying attention >.< sorry!
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th February 2013, 7:32 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
I was thinking for this first one we just go for basic "Hello" "Thankyou" "Goodbye" "How are you" etc. I'm not too sure on a discussion on grammar, I was actually thinking more along the lines of vocabulary, particular Sailor Moon-related vocab or vocab used constantly in sailor moon (yume, haato, shimatta, saraba, kibou, kokoro, hikari, that kind of thing), since its a monthly thing as of now, a continuous lesson kind of thing might be a bit too difficult to maintain. If you want maybe write a draft article sometime so we can see what you mean?

Hmm...this is true. I hadn't thought of that. I figured though to do just the most basic grammar if anything. But phrases and basic words sounds good too. I'll write something up and see what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th February 2013, 7:43 pm

You could also do a mixture, perhaps later on.
For example, you introduce a new phrase/word. You introduce a new grammatical concept (or build on an old one). Then use the new phrase/word with the new grammatical concept. This also provides an opportunity for the reader to more realistically implement his or her new knowledge. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th February 2013, 8:37 pm

Oh oh post all the hiragana. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th February 2013, 8:43 pm

Yeah, maybe "how-to-writes" though I'm not really a candidate for making those, my handwriting is fine on paper but im useless with computers and i dont own a scanner D: Maybe not just letters but things like セーラームーン、幻の銀水晶 And 月野うさぎ?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th February 2013, 6:28 pm

I just PMd Saturn to ask if it was okay with her that we take over the Caption Contest and put it in the Newspaper in said, she said its fine with her. So if you guys are watching Sailor Moon any time and see a good image that might make a good caption just put it over here D: i have a folder left over from when I hosted in the Fruits Parlour for backup
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th February 2013, 8:46 pm

Yay! Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th February 2013, 7:40 pm

Possible image for Caption Contest? Will post other suggestions later and you guys can suggest too!

First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 Usagi10
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 10:24 am

OH, when we watch the Snow White episode, I think I should grab a couple of captions from there. There is definitely opportunity for captions from that ep. xD

I'll go ahead an make a thread for caption submissions. Maybe when we get closer to when we want to release the paper, we could ask for member submission of captions?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 1:13 pm

Yes lol, I think we should try to vary out sources for the captions so we'll try and only use one caption from a certain episode, we shouldn't run out because I don't think this newspaper will hit 200 + musicals + pgsm + manga + everything else issues XD

and yes the Snow White episode has great captions.

I wasn't sure how you guys want to do it, do you want to put the caption on the first issue and ask people to submit that or host it prior to the caption contest and then put the winnter and the second image in it?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 1:53 pm

mysterylovejustice posted this over here http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t1522p120-ideas-for-future-sponsored-gc-games#122812

and it got me thinking it would be a shame to waste hers and kyra's ideas. Maybe at some point we could ask them for helping with some science-y or mythology-y articles? I do know some stuff myself but it would really pale compares to them, I'm more better with the language and etymology sides of things. ??? What do you guys think. Maybe for a future article rather than this one?

Quote :
I kinda have an idea. What if I host a game where people guess references to space stuff in sailor moon? I'm not sure how many people on here like space stuff or even know much about it but i think it would be cool to dig deeper on what Naoko got her ideas from ^^

I wouldnt go near religious stuff or anything just specifically space stuff like planets and nebulas and galaxies and such. there could be easy questions and then harder questions so that people are challenged at different levels.

I think it would be a great opportunity for people to find out about space and the references Naoko used And id do it for all incarnations of SM and all arcs ^^

Of course if you feel this could get too technical or hard for the majority of our members i understand xD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 9:10 pm

Ooooh yeah defintiely in the future. Kyra would be a great resource for that stuff. She's got all that physics and space nerd info up in her noggin. xD
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st February 2013, 8:52 pm

Yuck this article is messily structured and written, you guys gotta help me sort it out later, but everything that needs to be said is in there

Papa, Can You Hear Me Sing? (搭錯車)

In this famous award-winning 1983 Taiwanese musical film directed by Yu Kanping, a mute bottle recycler (Sun Yueh) finds an abandoned baby named Ah Ming, raising her on his own with the help from his neighbours in a small shanty town; the father and daughter support each other, though events beyond their control cause trouble and heartache throughout their community through her childhood, they eventually find some peace and happiness by the time Ah Ming (Liu Rui Qi) has grown up. Ah Ming discovers her talent for singing in bars and is scouted by an elite music producer. Taking the job, hoping to provide a nice home for her father, Ah Ming is faced with the realities and harshness of the industry as her popularity skyrockets throughout South East Asia. Ah Ming is forced to leave behind her family, her friends, her home and her past as her managers forces her into a new persona, one from a wealthy educated upscale family, even hiding away Ah Ming’s native Taiwanese Hokkien tongue. Ah Ming takes all this on, not even realizing that her hometown had been demolished and her family and friends relocated.

“Papa, Can You Hear Me Sing?” is a well-known and much-loved film in Asia, it is a movie that reminds us all of what is truly important in life and seems to be imploring the audience to never forget who they are or where they come from, among messages of friendship, community, kindness, remembering and above all, never giving up hope. Despite the turmoil this colourful and lovable cast of characters suffers throughout the film, in particular Ah Ming’s next-door-neighbour, they move on with life and continue to hope for the future. This movie is labeled a musical, but it is not in the usual sense, there is of course singing, but due to the nature of the plot itself, there is no spontaneous breaking out into song and dance, and all singing is progressed naturally throughout the movie and is therefore an option for those who do not like musicals. The movie may also come off as a little melodramatic, particularly to Westerners, but it must be remembered that this is not heavily dramatized, all the issues and events raised in this film did and still do occur in parts of Asia. The destruction of shanty towns and relocating entire communities in the name of progress, celebrities forced to taking on new identities in order to not turn away their audience, the suppression of native culture, spousal abuse, fire, gambling, drunkenness and the abandoning of babies are all to this day a very real reality for many people throughout Asia, it is this, which I think makes Asians resonate so much with this film, it speaks the truth on a harsh reality, but it also speaks of hope. Though this movie does seem to have political subtext and appears to criticize the hollowness of the Asian entertainment industry, it is not essential to have an understanding of these things in order to enjoy the film.

On the whole, in my opinion, it is a movie of very mixed emotions, but it never truly loses its pacing, the movie does not drag on nor does it feel too rushed, it does however leave one with a different feeling inside, neither happiness nor sadness, it brings about an emotion that is hard to place, perhaps it is the hope the movie gives or perhaps it is a questioning on how such a world can exist, regardless the movie is sure to leave a lasting impression on the viewer. Though I very much enjoyed the plot and characters of this movie, the thing that sold it for me the most was the beautiful music and lyrics, the gentle pop of the 80’s truly comes alive in this show, especially through the theme song and award winning song “Any Empty Wine Bottles For Sale?” (酒矸倘賣無) I close this article by quoting a translation of a verse from it which summarise best what this movie is about,

Without Heaven, where would Earth be;
Without Earth where would home be;
Without home, where would you be;
Without you, where would I be?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th March 2013, 8:25 pm

So we've still got "New Movie" and "TV Show Reviews" Open? Do you guys want to get some freelancers on this? I have nothing in particular at mind for either of these so we could leave it open to suggestion and pick the movie we feel is most relevant to GC? Unless you guys have an idea

Other things we need to think about is wordlimit, maybe a 1000 max? What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th March 2013, 8:49 pm

We could probably freelance those cause honestly I haven't been watching any new movies and i dunno if everyone would appreciate a TV Show review on something like Star Trek: Next Generation. lol

And yes word limit, i guess 1000 is good? What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th March 2013, 9:10 pm

"you" is Tuxie right
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th March 2013, 9:33 pm

Freelance is fine. I'm not much of a tv person. XD
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th March 2013, 9:42 pm

Okay I'll type something up and submit it:

How about

GC NEWSPAPER FREELANCER OPPORTUNITY:

The GC Newspaper Staff are looking for some freelancers to write articles for the first issue! We are currently searching for one-off reviews for a recent movie and television series.

Freelancers are commissioned for a single issue of the newspaper and will not technically be official part of the staff. However, you will get your name credited in the newspaper and on the issue's staff page.

Please submit your article suggestion for the movie review or television series (or even both!) and we will discuss among ourselves which article and writer we think are best suited for the site and newspaper! We are currently idea hunting so please do not write an entire review until we announce the freelancers! The max review article length is 1000 words.

Anyway below please comment the movie/tv series you think would be good and submit why you are particular interested in writing it!
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th March 2013, 9:48 pm

Sounds good!
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th March 2013, 9:49 pm

I think also if there's am ember who is particular super talented at writing or ideas, we should maybe consider going to them first for article writing or maybe even make them full staff?But we'll see how this issue goes first. I'll post that upper thing in a thread once brit okay's it.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th March 2013, 10:25 pm

I'm fine with that. Are we still on for like a April/May deadline? I'm thinking maybe once we get some admin positions filled we can really get the ball rolling on this. Smile
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th March 2013, 10:40 pm

Would the Activities Direction usurp your current position of editor-in-chief Brit?
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th March 2013, 11:57 pm

Yes, April/May should be fine. I have spring break coming up soooo...I'll see what I can roll out for real
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th March 2013, 8:47 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
Would the Activities Direction usurp your current position of editor-in-chief Brit?

Hmm, maybe, but I'm not sure if we'll lump the newspaper on the new admin position or if anything, i'll still help out with it. I've always kinda wanted to help out, but when Kakyuu was in charge, I was gunna see what her plans were, since nothing came of it, I'm more than happy to help out with the Newspaper. :3 I only hope there is enough interest amongst the members for us to continue and it not fizzle out like the Radio. :/
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th March 2013, 8:50 pm

I suppose we'll see after the first issue but I'm not really feeling too optimistic somehow =\
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th March 2013, 2:04 pm

I forgot to ask. If we're planning on about a May release, shouldn't we hold off of movie reviews until about that time? Because if we took movie review articles now, they won't be as current. Or, does it not matter and we just want movie reviews?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th March 2013, 2:27 pm

Newish, in the last year. I originally thought two movie reviews one "oldie" (the one I reviewed is over 30 years old) and one recent, more recent is good, but no harm if its a couple months old right?

Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th March 2013, 10:41 am

Yeah, I don't really care how old it is for the recent ones as long as its like within the past 6 months to a year.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th March 2013, 11:02 am

Mmk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First GC Newspaper Issue Outline   First GC Newspaper Issue Outline - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First GC Newspaper Issue Outline

View previous topic View next topic Back to top