The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime5th February 2019, 3:48 am

Quote :
Day 15: Favorite boss battle?

My favorite is probably the battle against Beryl and Metalia. Not simply the last fight but the whole two part episode battle.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official PGSM Zoisite

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime5th February 2019, 8:18 am

Day 16: Favorite movie?

the second movie.
Back to top Go down
An Ordinary Girl
Lotus Crystal

An Ordinary Girl

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Naru

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime5th February 2019, 9:28 am

Day 25: Favorite UsaxMamo moment?

I'm in the minority (I think?) who found their season one bickering cute; but I think my favorite interactions are in the Doom Tree arc, where they get to know each other without the memories of the past forcing the issue.
Back to top Go down
SpikeDevilman
Lotus Crystal

SpikeDevilman

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Kunzite

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime5th February 2019, 2:02 pm

Day 5: Couple you wish were canon?

While I do like Chibiusa x Helios quite a bit, I'm also a big fan of Chibiusa x Hotaru and wish they were a thing.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime5th February 2019, 8:09 pm

Day 26: Funniest moment or episode?

- ....I guess the Manami epsiode? Honestly I can't really remember really funny epsiodes that made me laugh out loud. It was always just kinda " heh, ok."
Back to top Go down
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

Title : Elite Senshi

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime5th February 2019, 10:28 pm

Day 18: What did you think of Nephrite x Naru?

When I first saw it as a kid I was a bit freaked out by it. I didn't like the idea of a villain being with a good guy at the time. Now I love it, it's an excellent devise to humanize the generals and pretty unique as far as I know in fiction.
Back to top Go down
http://droid24747.deviantart.com/
Malour

Malour

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime5th February 2019, 11:52 pm

day 3: least favorite episode

honestly, the entire "rainbow crystals" arc of season 1

day 4: favorite canon couple

of course I'm a sucker for UsaxMamo XD but is SeiyaxKakyu canon? if so I ship it

day 5:couple you wish were canon

oof......I'm honestly not sure......I think pretty much everyone got together that I shipped together XD
if SeiyaxKakyu is not canon, I wish they were XD
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime6th February 2019, 4:41 am

Quote :
Day 16: Favorite movie?

I only saw two, but "The Promise of the Rose" is what I remember best and I enjoyed the most.
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Kakyuu

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime6th February 2019, 5:03 am

Episode 109, I think! It's got almost everybody, and is a hilarious Minako episode too!
Day 27: Did any part in the anime make you cry?
Not that I remember of, though that last 10 or so episodes almost made me. I guess I have a severe weakness for those Seiya x Usagi episodes in those, GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 3884866259.
Back to top Go down
SpikeDevilman
Lotus Crystal

SpikeDevilman

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime6th February 2019, 1:02 pm

Day 6: Favorite opening/ending song?

I prefer the Sailor Star song to Moonlight Densetsu so it'd have to be that. However, the opening with my favorite visuals is the third opening/first R opening.

As for ending songs, the first version of Kaze mo Sora mo Kitto. Such a pretty, nostalgic, but also saddening considering the context of it being the ending song for the final season.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime6th February 2019, 5:55 pm

Day 26-funniest moment or episode?
all of episode 184-where they're all fighting in usagi's house. That was just gold. And there are countless moments of them falling over or being obnoxious during monster-of-the-week episodes, and there's no way I can name all of my favorites. XD

Day 27-did any part of the anime make you cry?
I don't feel like I cried at any part of the anime, even as a kid. However, episodes 45 and 46 will always get me, as well as episodes 196-200. There's a lot of emotional scenes during season finalies, but none feel as powerful as in the first and final seasons.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
An Ordinary Girl
Lotus Crystal

An Ordinary Girl

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime6th February 2019, 6:24 pm

Zoisite and the sewer rats.
Back to top Go down
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime6th February 2019, 10:08 pm

Day 19: If you could choose one song or background music from the anime as your ringtone, what would you choose?

What else? Moonlight Densetsu. \o/
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime7th February 2019, 6:40 am

Quote :
Day 17: Favorite Umino moment?

Probably when he protects Naru from a Youma at the cemetery.
Back to top Go down
An Ordinary Girl
Lotus Crystal

An Ordinary Girl

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime7th February 2019, 8:09 am

Day 27-did any part of the anime make you cry?

I cried a bit when Nephrite died, and a bit more when the senshi died in season one.  I may have shed a tear or two during the S finale ("Crisis MAKE UP!"). And maybe even the R movie ending, I don't remember.
Back to top Go down
SpikeDevilman
Lotus Crystal

SpikeDevilman

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime7th February 2019, 11:59 am

Day 7: Do you prefer the original anime or the dub (any language)?

Subs all the way, though Viz did do a good job with their dub and DiC/Cloverway is great for a few laughs.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime7th February 2019, 4:53 pm

Day 28-was sailor moon perfect, ahead, or behind of it's time?
It was perfect for its time, and a bit ahead seeing as it was a superhero team compiled of all women. It's hard to think of a superhero team, aside from the powerpuff girls-that existed aside from sailor moon in the 90s-if at all.
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime7th February 2019, 8:29 pm

Day 28: Was Sailor Moon perfect, ahead, or behind of its time?
Huh, I'm not sure about that. I think that for Western fans, it was probably quite novel, and a team of girls in a Japanese animation must have been quite a welcome addition, as mentioned in the previous post GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 868675979 . I also feel that the anime seems very 90s, though that might just be me thinking that way; I don't really have much to back that up. Maybe it's a fan's bias, but it does seem like a quintessential magical girl series, with star ensemble, directors, and influencing future series.
Back to top Go down
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime7th February 2019, 9:39 pm

Day 20: Which arc is the most rewatchable? Is it also your favorite arc?

There are a few story arcs that are replayable I think. The first one that comes to mind is Classic, the first arc by itself is hard to tire from. The Doom Tree arc is similarly great to watch again, it's the only original story I loved from the anime.

My favorite is the Doom tree arc, I love it!
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime8th February 2019, 4:46 am

Quote :
Day 18: What did you think of Nephrite x Naru?

I usually have shifting opinions about it, depending on who I listen to at the time. Some say it's romantic, others say it's creepy. I would probably say that on a scale of one to ten, I'd give it a four. I liked it when I was young, but now it doesn't hold much appeal to me.
Back to top Go down
An Ordinary Girl
Lotus Crystal

An Ordinary Girl

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime8th February 2019, 12:36 pm

Day 28: Was the Sailor Moon anime ahead of its time, perfect for its time, or behind its time?

Ooh, tough.  I'm gonna say perfect in several aspects, and ahead in others.  The feel is definitely 90's, but the warrior girls theme was relatively new at the time I take it.

Kinda hard to answer this one, since I was born a few months after the anime ended...
Back to top Go down
SpikeDevilman
Lotus Crystal

SpikeDevilman

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime8th February 2019, 1:17 pm

Day 8: Is there anything specific to the anime that you prefer over other versions?

Let's see... the art style is the biggest one. Other things include Nehelenia's backstory, how the Shitennou were done (aside from axing the part about them having once been Endymion's guardians), Rei's personality, Sailor Saturn having a black bow, Uranus and Neptune getting a backstory as to how they met, some of the fluff/filler, and lastly how the Amazon Trio were given a ton of screentime and character.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime8th February 2019, 2:51 pm

Day 27: Did any moment in the anime make you cry? If so, which one?
- As a child? Episodes forty-five to forty-six. Now? None.

Day 28: Was the Sailor Moon anime ahead of its time, perfect for its time, or behind its time?

- It was very much both of its time and a bit ahead with the inclusion of LGBT characters (even if they were villains, they had either a better more sentimental send off or redemption than others of that time period that were used for the butt of jokes. Zoisite and Kunzite come to mind. )

It was also of it's time because out at the same time were OTHER magical girl shows (but Western made) that some don't remember. Like Princess Guinevere and the Jewel Riders (aka Princess Starla for some) to name a few. Plus it was coming over when girl groups were just becoming a thing (though this fell in popularity for a stint it came back a little with the importing of W.I.T.C.H. and also Winx Club a bit later.).

now, of course, it's a bit behind but not by much.
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime8th February 2019, 5:24 pm

Day 29: What did you think of Usagi and Rei's relationship in the anime?
I think I mentioned this previously, but I really liked their friendship. They were pretty quarrelsome, but Rei really did care for Usagi always, and Usagi of course likewise to them. The elegant Rei of the manga I think could've been integrated into the anime more, while keeping that closeness between the two of them, but I think I might be getting ahead of myself, that's more for the 30th question GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 3884866259 .
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime8th February 2019, 11:56 pm

Day 29: What are your thoughts on Usagi and Rei's relationship in the anime?

- Even though it depends on the writer and circumstances, I always thought Usagi and Rei had a bit of a toxic relationship because there were a lot of times (sub and dub) in which I questioned why they're friends. Rei's comments can and are a bit too much, questioning Usagi's weight (which she KNOWS Usagi is sensitive about) along with the constant harping about her grades and how bad she is of a leader.

And while some of them is legit concern (like, the leader bit because Usagi doesn't really seem to want to be one) the way Rei goes about things is...a lot like a bully.

Usagi isn't exempt either. Sometimes it is like she just wants one over Rei and she clearly doesn't seem to trust her around Mamoru either, despite Rei having already told her that she wasn't into him anymore.

It's like, those moments really over shadow the better moment between the two for me. Then again, I'm also bias because I don't like relationships where arguing takes up fifty percent or more of the relationship. It doesn't feel right and it just often makes me wonder why would you be friends?
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime9th February 2019, 1:44 am

Day 30: If you could change one thing about the anime, what would it be and how do you think it would affect the continuity?
I don't think that I would have anything much to change that would affect the continuity very much. I guess that I would like to see the elegant Rei of the manga. Well, a more serious answer would probably be to make the Stars arc of the anime share more elements with the manga, since there were quite a few things from there I would've liked to see in anime Sailor Stars.
I know it's one thing... GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 190603310 :
GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 1984953407 
And that makes 30 questions that have been answered!
GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 Minako-my-fr

Last edited by nm___i3bfc on 9th February 2019, 2:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edits)
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime9th February 2019, 4:48 am

Quote :
Day 19: If you could choose one song or background music from the anime as your ringtone, what would you choose?

Maybe the Negaverse BG music from the DiC dub.
Back to top Go down
SpikeDevilman
Lotus Crystal

SpikeDevilman

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime9th February 2019, 1:34 pm

Day 9: Who is your favorite voice actor (International or Japanese)?

Keiko Han. Her Luna voice is amazing as well as impossible to replicate in English. I love the cute cat-sounding whines she does as the character-- and how could I not mention her role as Queen Beryl? Pretty sneaky to also cast Usagi's sidekick as the big bad.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime9th February 2019, 5:08 pm

Day 29- What are your thoughts on Usagi and Rei's relationship in the anime?
I didn't really like it in the earlier seasons-Rei was just an outright bully. However, by season 3, their arguments seemed to be more of poking fun at each other and light teasing or exaggerated-on-purpose arguments. It did seem to take away from the other relationships Usagi had with the other senshi, however, as this relationship seemed to take center-focus in a good chunk of episodes. 

Day 30-If I could change one thing about the anime, what would it be and would it change the continuity?
I would have loved to see the side characters stick around and have just as an important role as they did in season one. Naru? Umino? Usagi's family? Motoki from the Crown arcade? They were all there for quite a huge chunk of season 1. But as the seasons trickled on, their appearances dwindled until they were nothing more then victims-of-the-day. How would Usagi's parents have acted if they knew their daughter was always missing; since some of the season finales would last for days? What if Naru and Umino found out that Ami, Makoto and Usagi were the sailor senshi fighting for their lives? Heck-in the manga, Motoki actually learned that the arcade was a secret base and that the girls were the senshi-but even then, it never developed farther then that. I would have loved it for these characters to have had more of an involvement. 
And with that I am done! Great questions, guys! GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 378648805
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime9th February 2019, 8:29 pm

GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 1984953407
Woohoo!! Our first two members to complete the challenge!
Congratulations, nm___i3bfc and Cosmos-Hime!!!

omg looool nm that gif..
Don't forget to pick up your shiny stamp from the OP ^_~.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!   GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GC's 90's Sailor Moon Anime 30 Day Challenge!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top