The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Malour

Malour

[ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23rd September 2018, 11:31 pm

I got the haiku contest thread done, the discussion thread about Japanese fashion (it's sorta plain, but I'm not really sure what to put other than what I already have) And I only got two decades done on the Mahou Shoujo history info thread...........I'm so sorry Mercury, I guess I bit off too much for my first time 'round......

Will my two that I have finished still be able to be put up for this World Fair?
Back to top Go down
Kaolinite
Lotus Crystal

Kaolinite

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Kaolinite

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24th September 2018, 10:17 am

Hey Malour!

I'm covering for Mercury at the moment, since she has become rather busy. We have planned that we will host all World Fair Topics in the same Forum this year, since we don't have that many Topics anyway, so it would be okay if you're only able to host 2 Topics. But I think your History looks good thus far, so instead of not doing it, I'd just say we'll add the timeframe the History covers and still use it!

But maybe you could add some pictures to showcase the fashion? Then the Topic wouldn't look bland!
Back to top Go down
Malour

Malour

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24th September 2018, 11:17 am

OK, sounds good!
Back to top Go down
Malour

Malour

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24th September 2018, 1:14 pm

Sorry for the double post, but when does the event actually start? (time-wise)
Back to top Go down
Kaolinite
Lotus Crystal

Kaolinite

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Kaolinite

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24th September 2018, 1:35 pm

I've planned on starting the Events tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Malour

Malour

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24th September 2018, 5:39 pm

So I managed to finish up to the end of the 80's, and figured I'd stop there, rather than getting into the modern stuff.

all my threads are finished (except the puzzle I never did finish)
Back to top Go down
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

Title : Elite Senshi

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime30th September 2018, 9:25 pm

Well I seem to have a problem, I'm hoping there is some experience in this. I have an odd number of players in my music quiz wanting to play but I need an even number for even and fair teams, with a need to use all the time I can to get the event going what is the best approach; wait for another person and keep everyone right now or cut one person out and cause upset?
Back to top Go down
http://droid24747.deviantart.com/
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime30th September 2018, 9:38 pm

chrissifniotis wrote:
Well I seem to have a problem, I'm hoping there is some experience in this. I have an odd number of players in my music quiz wanting to play but I need an even number for even and fair teams, with a need to use all the time I can to get the event going what is the best approach; wait for another person and keep everyone right now or cut one person out and cause upset?
If no one else shows up buddy I will back out from playing so you're even ok?
Back to top Go down
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

Title : Elite Senshi

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime1st October 2018, 1:30 pm

I'd never ask this for anyone, especially a good friend, but at this point I'll need to. Thank you sportsnutd, fell free to spectate with Brit and we can het the game started now. I'll just be a couple of hours before I'll announce it and start.
Back to top Go down
http://droid24747.deviantart.com/
Malour

Malour

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime1st October 2018, 9:13 pm

OK so quick question. Is it too late to edit the voting rules for my Haiku contest? Instead of picking my top three favorites, like I had originally intended, I post them all and let everyone vote? Or is it that once it's set it's set?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

Inner Senshi Admin   Graphics Director

Title : Ally-Cat ♡ॢ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎. Wolf-sissy to yunbuns. ♥

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd October 2018, 1:48 am

chrissifniotis wrote:

Due to our dear Mercury's Absence, I will attempt to help solving the issues Smile.

I did not completely get the core; are you participating as well? Unfortunately I cannot recall a similar incident we had in the past, so this is apparently completely new. But I noticed you have already announced the game start. So perhaps it will work with the numbers of players? If not, I would personally bump the thread to calrify that there is still one participant needed and if someone else might seem interested to join.

Malour wrote:
OK so quick question. Is it too late to edit the voting rules for my Haiku contest? Instead of picking my top three favorites, like I had originally intended, I post them all and let everyone vote? Or is it that once it's set it's set?

I do not think it is too late to change your mind about preferably adding a poll instead (as you did not decide for winners already). It would also support more interactivity between your particpants and would also increase the fun factor if everyone is involved rather than solely the hoster herself Smile.
Back to top Go down
Malour

Malour

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd October 2018, 6:33 am

@Diana

Whoops, I suppose I didn't clarify. There was still going to be voting for the winners, I just was going to choose my favorite three for everyone to vote for. Now I'm kinda thinking though that I should just put all of them up and let everybody pick their favorite.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd October 2018, 6:48 am

Malour wrote:
@Diana

Whoops, I suppose I didn't clarify. There was still going to be voting for the winners, I just was going to choose my favorite three for everyone to vote for. Now I'm kinda thinking though that I should just put all of them up and let everybody pick their favorite.

OH alright, thanks for explaining. I would totally recommend to let your participants vote for all of the entries rather than solely for the ones you picked beforehand Smile. The reasons I stated in the comment above also apply to this one.
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd October 2018, 10:32 pm

Hey Malour, that's great that you stuck in all the options - this is standard practice here.

But... You forgot to add the poll to the OP! When you click on the edit button and then get to the editing page of the thread, scroll down to the bottom under the main text box and you should see the "add a poll" section. Make sure "multiple choice" is set to "No". Hopefully that helps!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Malour

Malour

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd October 2018, 10:40 pm

Oh I wasn't doing it via poll, I was going to have everyone PM me their answers.....
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd October 2018, 2:24 am

Malour wrote:
Oh I wasn't doing it via poll, I was going to have everyone PM me their answers.....

Setting up a poll is making it easier to keep track of the votes submitted. So if you decide to host another voting game in the future, I would totally recommend using our poll option instead (Diagnosed explained it perfectly) Smile.
Back to top Go down
Malour

Malour

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7th October 2018, 9:55 pm

Oh dear..........so I just tallied up the votes for the Haiku contest, and there's no third place! Only two entries have received votes! What do I do?

I completely and totally apologize for not doing this sooner, I thought tomorrow was the last day of the event!
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime8th October 2018, 9:51 am

Malour wrote:
Oh dear..........so I just tallied up the votes for the Haiku contest, and there's no third place! Only two entries have received votes! What do I do?

I completely and totally apologize for not doing this sooner, I thought tomorrow was the last day of the event!

If merely two entries have received votes and the others did not, I would recommend doing an honorable mention for each remaining participant (e.g. handing out a bumper that says 'honorable mention') Smile.
Back to top Go down
Malour

Malour

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime8th October 2018, 9:51 pm

Oof......I didn't make a bumper for honorable mentions...........

could I pick my own favorite for third place instead? Or is that against the rules.......
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime9th October 2018, 7:29 am

Malour wrote:
Oof......I didn't make a bumper for honorable mentions...........

could I pick my own favorite for third place instead? Or is that against the rules.......

That's why we have a Graphics Request Thread for members to request their graphical needs during our events Smile.

Regarding your question: Since you have already made your participants vote, it would only be fair not to make this a decision of the hoster herself.
Back to top Go down
Malour

Malour

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime9th October 2018, 12:50 pm

@Diana

I didn't even think I'd need an honorable mentions bumper during the event, I simply thought I'd hand out 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Would it be too much trouble to request a bumper? I know the event is already over.....
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime9th October 2018, 1:25 pm

Malour wrote:
@Diana

I didn't even think I'd need an honorable mentions bumper during the event, I simply thought I'd hand out 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Would it be too much trouble to request a bumper? I know the event is already over.....

Not at all! That's my job after all Wink. Usually, game prizes get requested when the event ends in accordance to the wrap-up that's following.
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th October 2018, 6:50 am

Thanks for stepping in to help out, Diana and Sailor Mars!

I'll be taking the event down very soon and messaging hosts with reminders to report their events: https://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t14574p60-report-thread-for-event-game-winners
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning   [ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[ATTN: Party Planners] World's Fair 2018 Planning

View previous topic View next topic Back to top