The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

[July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi Empty
PostSubject: [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi   [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi I_icon_minitime26th July 2018, 7:21 am

[July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi Roleplayer_of_the_month_header_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d85b326
July's Featured Roleplayer: Ktenshi!
[July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi Ur8Y6mG
Sailor Saturn wrote:
Although Ktenshi has been around GC for a while, she's only recently gotten into RPing with us. And we are so glad! Her main RP "N.E.O Soldiers" is amazingly complex and well-thoughout out. You can clearly see how much care she has for building the world. And she hasn't stopped there, joining new RPs such as Love and Spite, with brilliant advanced profiles! I can't wait to see what she gets up to next ♥️ 

Quick Facts about Ktenshi, The Roleplayer!
[July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi 2393257330 Ktenshi has been with us for Two Months! 
[July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi 2393257330 Ktenshi's very first roleplay here is her N.E.O. Sailors, where she plays both the main villain and one of the new Sailor Senshi on Atlantis!
[July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi 2393257330  Since then, Ktenshi  has officially joined one more roleplay, and is in 3 active storylines at the moment.
[July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi 2393257330  Ktenshi's N.E.O. Sailors RP was the featured July 2018 RP! 
[July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi 2393257330  Ktenshi  has 4 approved otaku profiles - two advanced senshi and two relaxed villains! She has an AU Canon profile pending!
[July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi 2393257330  Ktenshi's current active RP's are:

• N.E.O. Sailors, playing Sailor Amor, Ijada and Othello
  • Sol Marina, playing Sailor Sol
  • Love and Spite, playing Sigmund "Zoi" Zoisite Grimfrid)

Rainbow Crystal Stamps Collected:
None so far!

List of Accepted Characters: Ktenshi's Accepted Characters
List of Storylines:  N.E.O. Sailors - They're still looking for members! Check the OOC!

When Ktenshi was interviewed by Sailor Neptune, she had this to say!
Sailor Neptune wrote:
Ktenshi wrote:
Thanks!   Oh, boy this'll be a fun trip. xD

How did you first get into RPing?
I was about probably 15-16yrs old then during ye olde days of AOL/Dial-up.  I got invited to join an AOL group by my orchestra stand partner, whom I'm still friends with to this day (and we still Rp to this day.). Having already been into stories and writing fanfic, it seemed like a perfect fit then.

How long have you been RPing?
A decade and a half at this point, I think?

Do you RP anything besides Sailor Moon?
Yep. I did a lot of Non-Sailor Moon rps in the earlier years. Ranging from Original stuff to Fruit Baskets(only if they were just using ocs and all.) to Young Justice/DC/Marvel stuff.

What is your favorite thing about RPing? Why is it something you love to do?
I guess making up crazy scenarios or playing out a What If situation. I think I love to do it still because it tickles something creative in my mind a lot. Helps me get my mind off things too.

Who is/are your favorite character(s) to RP, Sailor Moon or otherwise?
Sailor Moon wise, going strictly by canon:  Mamoru/Endymion, Queen Nehellenia, and I think Chibiusa.
Otaku wise: Sailor Dark Moon (was first), Sailor Libra (second), and then my namesake- Kuroshi Tenshi.
Non-Sailor Moon ones would be:  Sha'lain'a (Canon minor character in Young Justice)  and Rin (an OC).

Tell us about your first original character.
Ahhh... darn, I had like a few that sprung out about the same time, but I think my very first one in an RP setting was Kuroshi Tenshi.  Which, of course, not to be confused with the Sailor Moon oc of Kuroshi Tenshi. (ha, I was attached to that name.)  
Rp!Kuroshi was for an original game my high school friend invited me to. She was a devil (Maybe half devil and half human??? something along the lines.) that was part of an uber secret facility with other supernatural kids that were trained to be assassins but broke out and they were all living on the run.  It was fun, it lasted all of a month or so before that thing ended and the sequel fizzled out.  She was an odd duck sort of a character, if I recalled.
Bit of a dramatic type, but at the age when I created her, I was very into dramatic things and stretching stuff out.
And she was, until recently, the only character I had to ever switch from Good to 'Evil' because she restarted the assassin program in the sequel Rpg of the original one and used her own daughter and best friend as part of that program.   We'll never know why she did that, but she did and became the villain there. It ended with her best friend and daughter escaping from the program and some other loose threads before the game died.

What types of stories do you love best? Any specific genre?
I think I love anything to do with magic, monster, demons, and ect. Magical things have always been my favorite stories to play in with so much to pull from in mythos.  It's honestly sort of my first love, I suppose.

Favorite original character you have come up with?
;n;  I love all my babies.   But if I had to pick (and this changes), I say I'd narrow it down to Sailor Dark Moon and Rin.    Sailor Dark Moon (Elation Kestral) Because I've had her for so long and used her more than the others over the years, she seems more complex and 'alive' so to speak. To this day, I still love doing art of her.  Rin, who's an oc for a different rpg all together, I love him because he's tiny, his name is actually short for the name of bird- therefore a lot of bird puns happen with him-much to his annoyance, and he's the second most honest character I've ever had.

What was the first RP or RP Event that you took part in on GC and what did you like about it?
I think so?  It was a long time ago. I think it was an open OC Masquerade Ball thing? But I lost interest/had other things going on at the time so I unfortunately had to drop out.  I think I liked it because at the time it was an open-free for all and didn't require profiles yet and I just needed something like that.  The story, itself, was fine and it was a good pace for someone like me who didn't want to be too invested but invested enough that it remained fun.   I kinda regret dropping off the face of the earth there.

What's your favorite part of RPing on GC?
There's a lot of people open and with lots of ideas! It's always interesting to see what character or personality they'll come up with.

Do you have any tips/tricks for people who might want to start RPing but are intimidated because they don't feel their writing isn't good enough or don't know where to start?
My tip? Just start.   Even if your sentences are short.  Even if your punctuation isn't on point. Even if you really think you're horrible at a character or you're unsure if you're using the words right- just start.  Everything else will come.  People will help you, all you gotta do is ask.
You can get better, just be open to suggestions and criticism. And even if your writing isn't up to what you'd like it to be, think of it this way- you have conveyed what you want others to know.  That, in itself, is still a big achievement!

Fondest memory/most memorable moment in your entire RPing history?
AHahah.. Oh gods. There's so many!  Each one has a moment that I just kinda enshrine. I can only narrow it down to top Three:  The time that Sailor Libra and Sailor Cancer fought each other was a super cool moment, because Cancer was related to the CT royal family and Libra was part of a sect that was very Earth-First with ancient origins going back to even before the Golden Kingdom era.    
The next would be when Jer, my oc, confessed his love to his best friend. And the friend nearly hurt himself out of disbelief before also confessing his feelings.  It was literally the sweetest thing on earth.
And last, but not least: When Rei, another oc, finally got the courage to leave a terrible relationship to rekindle an old one she had left out of fear of it being The One.  It was a difficult thing but she did it and was better for it.

Any RP ideas you have always wanted to do but for various reasons haven't done?
Gosh, I have many. Some are recycled from old rpgs that never got off the ground or sputtered and died. Most of the reason has to do with the sheer amount of characters in some. I unfortunately have a 'Go Big or Go Home' thing. So it's usually because of just players and characters.

Two ideas I'm very interested in doing is a Zodiac Rpg (they used to be so popular but now, hardly anyone does them.) and a pre-Silver Millennium rp that takes place in the far flung past.

Other comments/suggestions for the GC RP section?
Ah, nope! It's fantastic!

Do you have any questions for Ktenshim our Featured Roleplayer of July? Ask her here! ♥️
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi   [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi I_icon_minitime7th August 2018, 6:27 am

Yaay! I enjoyed reading your interview!

What is your pre-Silver Millennium rp idea entail, beyond being forever and a half long ago?
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi   [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi I_icon_minitime7th August 2018, 6:45 am

I had so much fun reading your interview!

You seem to generally prefer original characters, which I can understand—it gives a particular freedom. What draws you to creating these characters? Do you try to make them like or unlike yourself?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi   [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi I_icon_minitime7th August 2018, 8:09 am

Sailor Uranus wrote:

What is your pre-Silver Millennium rp idea entail, beyond being forever and a half long ago?

It's a combo idea, based on the idea of the moon actually having a lot of cities originally and there was actually trade between them and Earth.   It's still a sketchy idea, but essentially it entails what happened between them for Earth to become a No Trade/Contact zone for the Moon citizens (since Venus and other planets could, in fact, send aide/warriors there, apparently.).   I have this idea that there weren't just one Moon Soldier but actually Seven in all and they each had a special stone.  
Spoiler:
I have the idea of a Pre-Metallia is a Blob form trying to take over both.  But that's as far as I got. xD;

Sailor Mercury wrote:
I had so much fun reading your interview!

You seem to generally prefer original characters, which I can understand—it gives a particular freedom. What draws you to creating these characters? Do you try to make them like or unlike yourself?

I do!  I used to like rping characters like Mamoru that had a set path but you could easily make up all kinds of backstories for them.     Mostly, I like Ocs more for that.   As for what draws me to creating them- well it depends a lot on what game I'm playing in.   When it was an anime-base (and notoriously, I usually chose Sailor Moon xD; ), I used to look at what was established and thought about characters who either A: Did not understand/like what was happening.  or B: They did but they're usually outcasts or people that most tolerated because of their positions.   Occasionally, I'll play the odd characters that love knowledge or are just, you know kids.  It's generally fun to see if I could pull off certain personalities or not.

I don't always try to make them like myself- I may give a quirk or two of mine to start off with but generally, when I play a character I fully expect them to evolve or drop those traits.  

Though, it all depends on what game I'm playing.  If it's a straight up rpg like here on GC, I generally do the aforementioned giving them a personal quirk/trait of mine to start off because I need to list it and I have to have something to work off of.   For ones like Rei, Jer, and Rin (who are all in the same original rpg I play with my friend.), I don't have to do that, so their personalities can vary more easily and evolve on a more organic level, rather than having to emulate a list I made prior.

(aka: My Sailor soldiers/Fancharacters are gonna grow into heart shaped watermelons because they're in a heartshaped tin, while my ocs from the other rp are like random berries I just happen to cross upon in the wild. )

I think I have only two, fan characters that are completely intentionally to a degree, like me- Sailor Sol and Sailor Dark Moon.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi   [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi I_icon_minitime7th August 2018, 8:25 am

Ktenshi wrote:
Sailor Uranus wrote:

It's a combo idea, based on the idea of the moon actually having a lot of cities originally and there was actually trade between them and Earth.   It's still a sketchy idea, but essentially it entails what happened between them for Earth to become a No Trade/Contact zone for the Moon citizens (since Venus and other planets could, in fact, send aide/warriors there, apparently.).   I have this idea that there weren't just one Moon Soldier but actually Seven in all and they each had a special stone.  
Spoiler:
I have the idea of a Pre-Metallia is a Blob form trying to take over both.  But that's as far as I got. xD;
[July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi 2422052349 Seven Rainbow Crystalsssssssssssssssssssssss yessssssssssssssssssss
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi   [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi I_icon_minitime7th August 2018, 8:40 am

You've already got Kyra on board ;D
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi   [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi I_icon_minitime7th August 2018, 9:34 am

how did your idea for N.E.O. Sailors come about (I LOVE IT)
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi   [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi I_icon_minitime7th August 2018, 11:03 am

Okay first off I just want to say that I am so inspired by your passion for OCs. It's always been really hard for me to understand how/why roleplayers are able to become to invested in an OC character, and reading your interview has really opened a door for me, I think. So thank you for that Smile

What about roleplaying, versus writing a fanfiction or something of the like, is so appealing to you? I always love to see why different people enjoy roleplaying and what keeps them drawn to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi   [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi I_icon_minitime7th August 2018, 2:52 pm

Lol, maybe when I've had more time to let the idea ferment a bit more and figuring out how the world works overall, I might set that rpg up. It's going to be an interesting Idea to see play out. x3

Sportsnutd wrote:
how did your idea for N.E.O. Sailors come about (I LOVE IT)

Thanks! Hmm, it was three years ago, I think? I was prowling Wiki for some ideas about mythological creatures or maybe it was about what Lambda was and all or maybe it was about the news of Earth having a tiny 'moon' following it? It was one of those reasons, and I stumbled across the NEO- Near Earth Objects list. And I thought " Wait, if Earth had all these tiny big rocks following it all the time and is always around it or nearly hit it and all- what if they were Sailor Soldiers? Like Earth's specific sailor soldiers?"

And then it was just off to a fevered writing jam for about a day or two thinking of how it worked, how it would function, whether their uniforms were the same as canon (which they are to a point.) and if there were levels beyond what we've seen. After that, I was 'done' so to speak, and I didn't really make it into an rpg until recently when Oberon approached me about it a few months ago about turning it into an RPG.

Originally, I had zero intentions of making it into an rpg but they convinced me, so I squashed some details and mashed some things together to make the N.E.O. you all know. xD;

Lyssarie wrote:
Okay first off I just want to say that I am so inspired by your passion for OCs. It's always been really hard for me to understand how/why roleplayers are able to become to invested in an OC character, and reading your interview has really opened a door for me, I think. So thank you for that Smile

What about roleplaying, versus writing a fanfiction or something of the like, is so appealing to you? I always love to see why different people enjoy roleplaying and what keeps them drawn to it.

Welcome. I think OCs are a great thing for people- especially if they feel intimidated by canon characters or what not- to play with and work out a lot of writing things.

RP vs Fanfiction.. Well, I like both a lot. With Fanfiction I like being able to write a What if and see everything in my head written out and shown to others. (I'm a sap, but I love seeing comments about my stories a lot. I enjoy seeing whether an idea surprised someone or something. )

RPs are very addictive in a way Fanfiction isn't (unless a collab). That's because in a lot of rps there's an element of surprise and the Unknown. You don't know what the other person is planning on having their character to say or do. You have no idea how long an NPC will remain a brief thing or become a main stay of an rp either.

I like that in Rps. I like not being able to predict what others are doing or how characters react to things. (Like, for instance: In N.E.O. - Othello teases Sport's Seamstress for a crush on their master. Unexpected things there but definitely a welcomed thing.)
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi   [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi I_icon_minitime8th August 2018, 1:48 am

I actually ran an event with a Zodiac senshi set up a while ago and reading your interview has rekindled my inspiration for it. I would definitely join if you were to set up that storyline! Maybe I can bring in the senshi I made for it, too.

Could you tell us more about this idea?
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi   [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi I_icon_minitime8th August 2018, 11:27 am

Sailor Neptune wrote:
I actually ran an event with a Zodiac senshi set up a while ago and reading your interview has rekindled my inspiration for it. I would definitely join if you were to set up that storyline! Maybe I can bring in the senshi I made for it, too.

Could you tell us more about this idea?

Cool [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi 1955989781 It'd be great to have'em.

Truth be told, my desire for a Zodiac RPG is also due to nostalgia. As I mentioned before I had a Sailor Libra (and also an Aries and Virgo. But I also had a Scorpio and Taurus but they were for a different Rpg), and one of my most memorable moments was that particular world she was from. I sort of wanted to recreate it with some details altered to make it a bit more interesting.

The only thing I'm torn about (because hi, indecisiveness), is whether to make it a future or 'present' setting because it kind of dictates what the plot would be.

If Crystal Tokyo era- The plot would be that at Princess Lady's 909th birthday ball, a terrible evil awakened and crashes the party, encasing all the original Sailor Soldiers in stone- including King Endymion who was protecting his wife. Only Neo Queen Serenity is left with Princess Lady Serenity having been kidnapped by the villains. It's at this same ball that a few in the crowd awaken as new Sailor soldiers known as the Zodiac Senshi with their own talking guardian- Sirus the dog.
It's up to them to save not only the princess but to break the curse on the Sailor Soldiers as well.

- If I made it, it wouldn't be necessary for all of the Zodiacs to be there. Just enough to drive off the invaders. I think I'd have NQSerenity and Chibiusa be the playable characters. Artemis/Luna/Diana would be off world at this time visiting Mau and probably wouldn't be able to get back in time to help much.

-the Macgruffin would probably be something I found in mythology somewhere. xD;
-Villain theme would probably be all greek pantheon, probably.
- I'm also in debate in having key Zodiacs needed to complete the game itself, that way if we do get a full roster, that's a total bonus. Both male and female characters would be allowed to take on a Zodiac thing. There's no doubling up unless Gemini, I guess? (I don't know.)

If the setting was Tokyo City/Present modern day: The plot would be quite different. In this one, the Zodiacs are part of the Emissaries of Peace, who were going to make first-contact with Earth after the events of Stars to have a formal trading thing established. However, Villains appeared and destroyed the ships they were on. Luckily, they manage to survive but have been scattered across a few cities on the strange planet. What's more, the Villains are hunting them one by one to stop them from reaching their goal. (aka, announcing themselves to the world/making contact with the Original Senshi group)

- The Original senshi would be playable.
-The main goal for the Zodiacs is to come together while the villains are trying hard to stop them. Probably at the beginning there would be some Zodiacs that won't be available because they're 'missing'.
-The Zodiacs are allowed to have their own guardian animals if they want.

Ah.. I kinda ran out. xD; It needs some work. I like the idea of the Villains trying to stop the first contact with the greater outside of the galaxy, similar to the Starlights but on a grander scale because the Zodiacs are trying to include Earth in an inter-galactic peace thing.

I'm bias, I like the first idea a lot more but the second has possibilities to it too.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi   [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi I_icon_minitime8th August 2018, 8:43 pm

First things first; congrats on being the roleplayer of the month! And you're not even a lotus yet-great job!
Second, which fandom/franchise do you enjoy roleplaying the most, not counting sailor moon? I was seeing other franchises in your interview. Which one of them (or perhaps another not) listed do you enjoy roleplaying with?
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi   [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi I_icon_minitime9th August 2018, 2:39 pm

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
First things first; congrats on being the roleplayer of the month! And you're not even a lotus yet-great job!
Second, which fandom/franchise do you enjoy roleplaying the most, not counting sailor moon? I was seeing other franchises in your interview. Which one of them (or perhaps another not) listed do you enjoy roleplaying with?

Thanks! Haha, I'm not a lotus mostly because I totally and utterly forget it's a thing from time to time. >>;;

Hmm.. aside from Sailor Moon:

DC Comics stuff:most recent one from years ago. I was totally into DC comics rpgs. Particularly Young Justice.  
Marvel: I had a Marvel character and rp I used to enjoy doing.
Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series:  (Even though I've stopped reading the books after a certain point because the direction isn't to my liking) I played in that for a stint.
Fruit Baskets: Did three of those at one point.
Tokyo Mew Mew:  Yep. That one too.
Fairy Tail: Once.

As for a favorite: Definitely Young Justice/DC stuff.  I have more knowledge that's a bit more current about them. (My particular favorite stuff to pull from it is from the Aquaman stuff. I love Aquaman and Black Manta and the lore around it. So naturally, I get in-depth with it. )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi   [July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[July] RPer of the Month - Ktenshi

View previous topic View next topic Back to top