The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

[Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you? Empty
PostSubject: Has Sailor moon impacted on your life?   [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you? I_icon_minitime14th November 2014, 1:23 am

nULL.

Last edited by Hypno on 18th March 2015, 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you?   [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you? I_icon_minitime14th November 2014, 2:28 pm

Sailor Moon turned me into an anime fan and I wouldn't have met a lot of the good friends I have now through anime fandom without it.
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you?   [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you? I_icon_minitime14th November 2014, 2:51 pm

Sailor Moon subconsciously changed the way I sought out new forms stories and fandoms. It set a high bar that only things like X-Men and the Buffyverse have come close to satisfying.
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you?   [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you? I_icon_minitime14th November 2014, 4:58 pm

Technically speaking, if you trace it back, I wouldn't have married my husband if it weren't for Sailor Moon. I met him via a friend I made on a Sailor Moon RPG many years ago!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you?   [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you? I_icon_minitime14th November 2014, 6:40 pm

It's a bit hard to say what the overall impact of Sailor Moon on my life would be, since I've been aware and interested in the series for so long (i.e. 20 years) it's basically a part of my life. The one clear impact I can say for certain that it has had on me in terms of making me do something I otherwise would not have done is drawing my current doujinshi series. Had I not reread the Kodansha release of the manga I don't think I would've been inspired and motivated to draw Future Reunion.
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you?   [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you? I_icon_minitime16th January 2015, 6:21 pm

I really wish it had, but I was too young when it was in its heyday, and reading all the contest entries for the Anime News Network SM contest kinda makes me feel out of place in the SM fandom. SM hasn't impacted me like it has a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you?   [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you? I_icon_minitime28th January 2015, 12:54 pm

Yeah, it does - sure my life didn't change radical but certainly it's not exactly the same it was before I got into Sailor Moon.

At first there's the "usual" change: I'm spending most of my free time now with Sailor Moon. This means: watching the different adaptations of Sailor Moon, hanging around on GC, stuff like this, you know.
Besides that I never listened to music like that before but now I'm listening regularly to it (I have two playlists on my phone with Sailor Moon music Smile)

And the last things are more through GC (so indirectly through Sailor Moon because Sailor Moon is the reason why I joined - logical xD). Since I joined here I started making graphics (never did that before) and I really have fun with doing them - I think, I'll study something with graphics and design when I finished school Smile 

And I also changed a bit. I'm not as shy as I was before Smile I never had the courage to start talking to someone I don't know because I was afraid of how they could react. Now that's completely different, I love meeting new people and making new friends (Thank you, Sailor Moon and GC!Wink)^-^
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Sephazon
Star Seed

Sephazon

Star Seed

Title : ミ☆ Sailor Hime ミ☆

PostSubject: [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you?   [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you? I_icon_minitime12th April 2018, 8:45 am

Hello everyone! 

From meeting new friends to learning new ideas and views of the world, it's amazing how much one media franchise can affect a person. To be sure, this can be said of nearly all sources of media. However, as the title suggests, I'm interested in how Sailor Moon has personally touched your life.

To be fair, as a relatively new fan to the series, I can't say Sailor Moon has impacted me in the same way it may have impacted the rest of the community. It has, however, brought me out of a two year hiatus in which I was not active in any private communities. In that way, it has already played one of the largest roles in my current life situation. While I felt particularly uninspired and disillusioned with the gaming community over the course of the past several years, I now feel motivated to continue working on new material. This thread is actually the first online post published by me since 2016.

In another way, Sailor Moon has made more understanding of  how I view myself. Before coming to Japan, I had always been interested in fashion, and while I had already been involved in fashion before becoming a Sailor Moon fan, the series has only promoted this interest. Aside from fashion itself, I'm more open to the more feminine side of myself, one that certainly could not have been shown in my previous professional career. By no means has this changed who I am or how I act, but more in the way of how I express myself.

Anyway, in what ways and how has Sailor Moon impacted your life? Because of Sailor Moon, we're able to have these discussions here in this community today. I look forward to seeing how Sailor Moon continues to support and grow our relationships in the future.

☆ In the name of the Moon, good luck and have fun! 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Sephazon
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you?   [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you? I_icon_minitime12th April 2018, 10:35 am

For me, Sailor Moon has always reminded me of my childhood, and it has always been a driving force behind my own creativity. I grew up watching Sailor Moon, pretending I was a senshi, and trying to figure out how to do the "I'll punish you!" pose. Without Sailor Moon, I don't think I ever would have started writing and roleplaying - two things that have become extremely important to me over the last several years. I live a really stressful, busy lifestyle, and being able to sit down and get lost in another universe is such a relief. Not only that, but Sailor Moon has been an empowering story for me as a young girl, and now as a young woman. 

But most importantly, Sailor Moon made this community possible. It's crazy to say, but this forum has been such a huge part of my life for such a long time, and none of it would even be here without Sailor Moon. I have met so many unique, amazing people, I have had so many long nights of livestreams and games, and I have truly made some lifelong friendships. I think that is what makes Sailor Moon so impactful - it has the ability to empower people individually, while also bringing them together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you?   [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you? I_icon_minitime13th April 2018, 12:31 pm

Moderator's Note:
Since there was already a topic on this, I've merged Sephazon's thread with the old one. It had some responses from users that are still active today. Please PM me if you have any questions regarding this ^_^.
----

Some really interesting answers so far! Some of them overlap with my own experience as well, being an early fan. But I think mangaka-chan summed it up really well: "it's basically a part of my life". Especially now being so active in the community with other fans, not a day goes by that I don't think of some part of that beautiful universe. I list Sailor Moon related activities in my planner as if it's of equal importance to doctor appointments >.>. Being one of the first anime I was into and right at the start of the boom of home internet, it opened up to me everything that I now know and borrow from the Japanese, including karaoke! Obviously my understanding of the culture there is limited - I haven't lived or visited it at all or even really studied in depth - but even something as small as the meaning and philosophy behind the phrase "ganbatte" - especially the way Usagi and her friends say it - helped to define my self-image early on.

Aesthetically, it's *definitely* influenced what I see as beautiful. (Like these 90's anime bkg images which are absolutely burned into my brain.) Prior to my full-blown start of obsession, woodland themes were much more prominent in my mind when I thought of beauty. Now? I still love nature but it just doesn't draw my eye as often. I've sort of holed myself up a bit in the midst of enjoying creative pursuits within the fandom tbh ^^;;;.  Also, it's really helped me to keep my patience sometimes with my toddler to think of some of the breakthrough moments Usagi has with Chibiusa - understanding that children don't have much control of anything though they need to learn how to and navigating that road with them... I think of Usagi's patient, kind face and it really helps me through the tough moments.

On the flip side, I would have thought that as an anime with strong female characters, it would have helped me to step up a bit and be stronger. I don't know that it actually has. I think my own life experiences have done that much more than an example in a fictional world could. And choosing to engage with this universe as a fan, I've given up time that otherwise would be spent doing things which the main characters would actually do more of. I know this is going to have an effect on my daughter down the road, though hopefully it won't be too negative >.>.

Yeah... lots of influence on my life. I'm sure there's more examples I could come up with but I'll leave it at that for now haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official PGSM Zoisite

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you?   [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you? I_icon_minitime14th April 2018, 11:30 am

a very interessent subject here. For me, sailor moon is at first, the anime that i missed when i was little... It was too girly for me and before i watched lots of boy's anime.

Now and since 2006, sailor moon is, for me, a revolution. A tokasatsu for girl but for boy too. It's the discovery of cosplay too. I think every day about a thing of sailor moon, it's one of my favourite story, anime, live,... a Big love, a part of my life like my others passions.

Sorry for my english, it's difficult to exprim all of this in english
Back to top Go down
Malour

Malour

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you?   [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you? I_icon_minitime19th April 2018, 10:56 pm

Oh wow........where do I start? 

Sailor Moon has impacted my life in several positive ways, it was my first taste of girly romance/action anime, which I now love, as well as my first anime overall. It has shown me that not always do girls have to be the damsel in distress (the manga moreso than the anime), and that sometimes people need a second chance, which of course were things I had heard growing up, but Sailor Moon taught it in the form of a cute anime XD

Sailor Moon was also the gateway to me finding even more anime that I have fallen in love with, and lead me to a wonderful anime club, a ton of friends, and a brother-in-anime LOL 

And it was all thanks to my wonderful older sister who one day said to me, "hey, let's watch Sailor Moon."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you?   [Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] How has Sailor Moon impacted you?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top