The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread Empty
PostSubject: Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread   Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime26th February 2012, 10:50 pm

Motoki Furuhata
or Andrew
or Andrew Foreman
or Andrew Furuhata
(IT JUST ALL DEPENDS OK)

Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread Motoki
(Image from: http://sailormoon.wikia.com/wiki/Motoki_Furuhata)

Motoki Furuhata is a minor character in all versions of the Sailor Moon. He appears in the anime, manga, PGSM, and even in Code Name wa Sailor V. He is called Andrew in the American Dub of Sailor Moon. The anime didn't give him a proper surname, but the manga gave him one "Andrew Foreman". The Sailor Moon Collectible Card game keeps his surname as Furuhata, so he is Andrew Furuhata for that. Motoki is generally friendly and outgoing in the manga and anime, with a major personality change in PGSM (which to many, is a wonderfully humorous one). He is liked by everyone and often acts as an advice giver of sorts to Usagi at times in the anime.

Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread C_motoki
(Image from: The Oracle)

In the Sailor Moon manga, Motoki first appears in Act 01. He is a college student who holds two part-time jobs at the Crown Game Center and the Crown Fruit Parlor. Usagi admits to having a crush on him at the beginning of the manga and as Ami and Makoto are introduced to him, they develop small crushes on him as well. Usagi calls him "onii-chan" until she learns his name in Act 05. In Act 05, where Makoto/Sailor Jupiter first appears, he bcomes possesed by Zoisite and lures Makoto out by pretending to be attracted to her, then he attacks her. They are drained of their energy until Usagi comes, disguised as a groom (and she looked hot I might add) to save the day.

Motoki is brainwashed yet again later on in the manga, when the brainwashed Mamoru (Endou) makes Motoki believe that he is his good friend Endou (who was actually someone totally different). This leads to Motoki discovering the true identities of the Sailor Senshi, after they follow Mokoto to the basement of the Crown Game Center and the Senshi have their final battle with Queen Beryl. He promises not to tell anyone and even offers to give them help if they need it.

Motoki also has a younger sister name Unazuki, who is a waitress at the Fruit Parlor and a friend named, Reika, whom is assumed to be his possible love interest.

Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread 117

In the anime Motoki is fairly similar. He is still a college student who works at Crown Game Center. However, he is close friends with Mamoru, as in the anime, Mamoru attends college with Motoki. They both go to KO University. He still has a younger sister, Unazuki, and a girlfriend (who later becomes his fiance), Reika Nishimura. Motoki makes his first appearance in episode 002, where he introduced Usagi to the new Sailor V game. Both Usagi and Makoto have crushes on Motoki during the first season of the anime. Usagi even believes he might be Tuxedo Kamen before she discovers that he's Mamoru. In episode 029 of the Japanese anime, Motoki tells Mamoru that while he thinks both Usagi and Makoto are cute, they are still in middle school and are more like "kid sisters" to him. This is the episode where he also reveals his girlfriend is Reika.

Throughout the anime, its revealed that Motoki is very faithful to Reika and resolves to always support her decisions, especially since she is given the change to study abroad. The last episode we see of Reika, she has the opportunity to study abroad for 10 years, and Motoki assures her he will always wait for her and support her.

Motoki was voiced by Hiroyuki Satou in the Japanese version and by both Colin O'Meara and Steven Bednarski in the American dub.

Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread P_motoki

In Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Motoki gets a whole makeover! He is played by Masaya Kikwada. Motoki is first shown in Act 02, as a part time worker of Karaoke Crown. His name is not given until Usagi asks in Act 07. Motoki is a lot more goofy and seems to have taken over the comic relief role of Umino from the anime and manga. His only family ever shown is his beloved pet turtle, Kamekichi, which becomes often humorous plots of the series. He enjoys constantly staring at his turles and is always looking for a girlfriend for Kamekichi. Motoki knows Mamoru through school and also knows Hina, Mamoru's fiancee. In one episode, Usagi suspects that Motoki might be Tuxedo Kamen (because she sees him with his clothes), so she, Makoto, and Rei go to an amusement park on a day with him, Mamoru, and Motokoi's friend Takai, who seems to love turtles as much as him. At the park, they get separated in a maze and is revealed that he is claustrophobic. Poor Motoki. Sad

Motoki also becomes Makoto's love interest (even though she shows no interest at first) and unlike the anime, he actually develops a crush on her, after Makoto gave him a muffler as a Valentine's Day present that she made for class. At the end of PGSM, the two are both together and make quite a cute couple.

Random Images of Motoki!

Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread 131

Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread 135

Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread 020
(Above Images from: The Oracle)

Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread Tumblr_ldeagyKMJa1qejraeo1_500
(found this on tumblr, dunno the source D:)

Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread Motokiturtlehappy
(image from: Moon-chase)

Modern Moon Remake 1 by ~chatroomfreak on deviantART
I've always loved this fanart from Chatroomfreak (aka Sailor failures aka Frizzy of 4KingHell).

Personal Opinion: Aaaahhhh!!!! Motoki/Andrew!! You are so cute. What a nice guy! Its so hard to dislike him, even if you wish he would have gotten with Makoto instead of Reika in the anime. But alas! At least it came true in PGSM!! Very Happy

Edit: forgot to add that I got most of the info from WikiMoon and The Oracle, I just basically condensed and rewrote things, they were just my resources. ^^;;

Last edited by Small Lady on 26th February 2012, 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hishou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Hishou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Ninja-Pirate-Princess-Muffin; GC's official Haruka

PostSubject: Re: Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread   Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime26th February 2012, 11:01 pm

Omg, I especially love Motoki in PGSM. He is amazing with his turtlyness XD He and Makoto are soooo cute together. I'm so glad they ended up together at least in that incarnation of SM.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread   Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime26th February 2012, 11:07 pm

I don't know why, but I was disappointed that Reika wasn't in PGSM. I really liked her character XD <3 but i love mako and motoki together too
Back to top Go down
SilenceGlaive
Star Seed

SilenceGlaive

Star Seed

Title : Avatar by ohpepper at LJ

PostSubject: Re: Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread   Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime27th February 2012, 1:53 pm

Motoki is such a simple character, but somehow, I absolutely love him. As much as I love the Senshi, it's refreshing to see "normal" characters who are completely out of the loop, but support the Senshi 100% anyway. I liked his relationships with both Reika and Makoto.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread   Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime28th February 2012, 9:12 pm

Motoki was my favorite character in PGSM. He's such a loveable dork in that version! I also love that him and Makoto become an item. Of course I love his turtle!
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread   Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime29th February 2012, 6:31 am

I totally ship MakotoxMotoki. I wish he had stayed throughout the series instead of turning into one of those 'forgotten characters.' Poor Motoki and Naru. What happened to best friends? One fan fiction I like addresses this and it makes me sad every time I read it.

http://www.dotmoon.net/library_view.php?storyid=8
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread   Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime29th February 2012, 7:14 am

I hated how he disappeared. You think in Stars since girls hang out at Crown Fruit Parlor would see him.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread   Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime29th February 2012, 7:33 am

Especially because in the manga the girls told him that they were sailor senshi. -.-
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread   Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime29th February 2012, 7:41 am

Hmm I don' remember that. Probably forgot it because when I was reading the manga I was reading it off manga fox and they're were mixx scanlations and who ever posted it sometimes posted the page numbers out of order. This also happened with the Sailor V manga.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread   Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime29th February 2012, 7:49 am

It happens after Sailor Mars is taken during the Black Moon Saga. The rest of the girls are conversing in the Crown Arcade. He finds out about the control center, too.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread   Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime29th February 2012, 8:34 am

Oh, see that's were the pages were out of order was during the black moon arch. So I probably missed it because I was confused about what was going on.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread   Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime29th February 2012, 10:48 am

Yamichan16 wrote:
Oh, see that's were the pages were out of order was during the black moon arch. So I probably missed it because I was confused about what was going on.

Yep, if you haven't bought the new manga just go on Miss Dream. They got it all right. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread   Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motoki Furuhata Dedication Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top