The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread!   SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd July 2018, 9:47 am

Also remember, character designer =/= director, script writer....etc. There's a chance she might be able to have input in art direction of the movies, etc. but she is not the top dog when it comes to storytelling decisions.

I can't believe so many people are all up in arms about this. This sounds like a good direction for the series imo, but I guess we'll see once we get promos and stuff. And at this point in Crystal's development, fans should be used to changes of this kind. It's been such an unstable anime, tbh. They should've never done the direct to web route and aimed for a larger budget, imo, for Se1&2, but it is what it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly the way things have been going and how this fandom reacts and acts all entitled (I don't mean GC but the fandom in general) ,I'm kinda close to being done with. :/
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread!   SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd July 2018, 10:33 am

I think the main problem is that Art styles are associated with the storytelling. Which, you know, is fair enough to a degree. Mostly because certain art styles are usually an indication of how a story may be told. (like goofier looking artstyle means a goofier story is being told. Or a more serious one, a serious story.).

It happens. 

Honestly, once it's done and over with, the fandom'll settle. 

But it's not really surprising on that note either.  Some fans have spoken about when PGSM first hit the scene there was a lot of resistance to it. (I wasn't aware of it at the time so...I lucked out.)  

I just think that's how it is in any fandom when new content is introduced- especially ones that are old like Sailor Moon is.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread!   SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd July 2018, 11:16 am

It is to be expected with fandoms but it's been since 2011 with this stuff. 7 years. I'm old and tired. lol. (I remeber the PGSM kick back, i originally didn't like PGSM as much as I do now but i always loved the things they made fun of back then, like the transformations).

You do have a point about art style affecting the story BUT at the same time, I would think she'd also be making it in a style that will please the director too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Guess we'll see. Maybe in a year we'll get a promo image! XD XD
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread!   SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd July 2018, 12:45 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
[...]it is what it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welp... Can't deny that! I'm sure when it comes out, it'll be just fine for what it is, too~. I know I'll be looking to enjoy it as such anyways, despite my little rant lol.

I'll admit that post did come out when I was having a particularly stressful day, though ^^;;;. Forgive me, Usagiiiiii!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread!   SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd July 2018, 12:55 pm

I have had this theory since the Black Moon/Dark Kingdom arcs that they were really not putting much effort into it on purpose, to make way for Dream and Stars.

I feel like this has been backed up (my theory making sense I mean lol) with the arrival of a more talented character designer, that actually has wonderful designs and aesthetic. Honestly it's making more sense to me now that they are not only bringing back an older designer, but one that has been fairly active over the last 2 decades.

In my eyes, Dream and Stars are the ones the fans have wanted an absolutely faithful adaptation to for quite some time, and spending less budget on the first 2 to make way for Toy Sales would make sense, and would also explain why we got an Upgraded style in Infinity.

Maybe I'm crazy, but this is how the pieces are coming together for me, after all, TOEI can sell WAY more toys with the StarS arc.
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread!   SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd July 2018, 1:00 pm

Diagnosed wrote:
Welp... Can't deny that! I'm sure when it comes out, it'll be just fine for what it is, too~. I know I'll be looking to enjoy it as such anyways, despite my little rant lol.

I'll admit that post did come out when I was having a particularly stressful day, though ^^;;;. Forgive me, Usagiiiiii!

Aww it's ok! I'm pretty sure I've gone on stupid rants cause of my mood only to come back and be like "wow Brittany. What was that all about?" XD  

And my comment about the fandom is mainly about twitter and tumblr (i think twitter getting on my nerves even more so than tumblr).

Question! Cause I can't remember, it is still the same director as se3 right??

Starchild wrote:
Maybe I'm crazy, but this is how the pieces are coming together for me, after all, TOEI can sell WAY more toys with the StarS arc.

What is funny to me is how the Stars anime had the lowest ratings of them all BUT with Myu, it was the most popular, especially the Starlights themselves! I wonder how well toy sales did back in the 90s when Stars was initially airing??
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread!   SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd July 2018, 1:04 pm

I think they are going off of Myus success honestly. It would make sense if we look at the whole picture from afar and not just they aren't doing the series justice. We'll just have to wait and see. I was upset at first but then I was like... "Wait" when they changed the character designer.

They knew how popular infinity was, and probably didn't want to mess that up due to backlash, given there was already a ton of it.
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread!   SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd July 2018, 1:39 pm

To be fair, also, the Third season Art director was lifting a lot from PreCure in style too- even down to the bubble hair shines. Which I really kinda did not like. But I'm too opinionated on the art styles. I never really thought it was a bump up but more of a middling ground of 'This is easier!' sort of way in animation.  I do respect that, because animating anything is hard and tedious no matter what upgrades in technology we get.

I always felt bad for the animators that are rushed into things. Then the whole thing of shipping it to Korea and back for coloring (which is how you get coloring mistakes like Q. Serenity's hair in the first part and all. ).

Anyway, I just hope they won't rush themselves too much.  It's true that the first and second season were told a lot.  and Infinity was actually a lot of people's favorite arc even during the 90s anime run and manga (Heck, it was mine too. I loved the dark overtones and ID'd heavily with the Outers.).

Star's right, though, everyone's been waiting a long time for a faithful adaptation of Dream and Stars more than anything.   (I so so hope they put Chibiusa in her pink princess dress! It'd be amazing to see her in all her pink-glory!)
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread!   SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd July 2018, 10:45 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
Question! Cause I can't remember, it is still the same director as se3 right??
Yup! Same director: Chiaki Kon~.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Queen Of Jewels
Star Seed

Queen Of Jewels

Star Seed

Title : Shawn Aino

PostSubject: Re: SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread!   SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23rd February 2019, 7:24 pm

I really loved SuperS in the 90s anime so I'm looking forward to seeing how crystal will adapt the manga and if it will be better than SuperS in 90s anime!
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Kakyuu

PostSubject: Re: SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread!   SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24th February 2019, 6:42 am

Same, as although I didn't like SuperS as much but did like the manga more so, I hope the movies will adapt that arc well, without overdoing it though at the same time, like the first parts of the new series did.
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Kakyuu

PostSubject: Re: SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread!   SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25th February 2019, 1:12 am

By the way, I also wonder if the fifth arc will also be in movie format. I'm not sure whether an actual season of anime would be better than that, though I'd certainly prefer it to be a season.
Starchild wrote:
In my eyes, Dream and Stars are the ones the fans have wanted an absolutely faithful adaptation to for quite some time, and spending less budget on the first 2 to make way for Toy Sales would make sense, and would also explain why we got an Upgraded style in Infinity.

SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread! - Page 3 3884866259 , I like this theory! totally not because I really want the Star Yell set to be produced again SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread! - Page 3 1637294219
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread!   SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SMC Season 4 Discussion Megathread!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top