The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open Empty
PostSubject: GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open   GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open I_icon_minitime9th October 2016, 2:05 pm

GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open Announ10

FIRST AND FOREMOST! YOU MAY APPLY FOR ALL OPEN POSITIONS. 
However you will need to submit an application for each.

The Admin are the back bone of any site, they are the life blood, the workers, the heart and the brain to the whole operation. They keep the forum running smoothly, keep activity up, and help draw in more members.

This means the position of Activities Director is now open.

I will only fill this position if I feel the candidate is fully capable of handling the Admin's duties and will work the best with my current team of Admin. If I do not find applicants that I feel are the best with my current team or site, I will not fill this position. Also be aware that who ever is accepted will be put under a probation/trial run for approximately 2 weeks time to make sure things run smoothly. This is, and has been done, for all previous admin.

Please note that seniority is NOT a determining factor in my decisions. If you are a moderator here, I do take into account your work ethic, how often you are here, etc. However I fill this position with the person that fits both the job and will fit in with the current team. I want to encourage ALL members who feel they can do this to apply, but trying to bring attention to rank will be frowned upon. 

*Note: The member who takes the position will be allowed to take on the name of Diana or Artemis if they so choose.

RULES FOR APPLYING:
* Must have been a member for at LEAST one week - so I can get to know you.
* Must have around 30 posts, new threads will be considered worth several posts though.
* Founders are subject to changing, adding, or eliminating these rules at any time.

Here are the tentative duties for the general admin position:

- Be able to commit at least 1 to 2 hours a day or 5-7 hours a week to the site and it's duties
- Lead by example with maturity. Maintain an unbiased approach to every situation, or be aware enough that if you are unable to do so that you need to pass it on to another Admin.
- Add members to the appropriate user group
- Be able to answer PMs about the site and Sailor Moon
- Make announcements and keep up to date on projects, or sections you are in charge of.
- Post around the site frequently.
- Must have Moderator, Administrative, or comparable real life working experience.
- Treat this position and application like you would a real job.
- Understand and know the rules of the forums. 
- Be able to put up with Neo Queen Serenity. This may sound like a joke, but it's not.

Here are the tentative duties for Activities Director

Party Planner

GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open 4011577294 Add Members to Party Planners Group
GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open 4011577294 Remove Party Planners that are not active*
GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open 4011577294 Keep track of members that have not been able to post their threads or follow the timeline.
GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open 4011577294 Award Proper points for participation for Party Planners involved in events

Events:

GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open 4011577294 List of traditional threads
GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open 4011577294 Post date confirmation with Admin to make sure no major issues with LOA or make sure their duties are covered
GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open 4011577294 Add Events to the GC Calender for the public to see
GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open 4011577294 Make proper forums visible and move proper threads before and after events

After I receive you application I may schedule an interview and request further things from you.

If you are interested in helping out GC as a Admin please fill out the following form:

IN THE SUBJECT PLEASE PUT: APPLICATION FOR ADMINISTRATIVE DIRECTOR

Username:

Website or Tumblr:

Best instant messenger or email I can reach you at: (Discord IS HIGHLY RECOMMEND)

How many hours a week can you dedicate to this site:

Were/Are you a member of an online forum of any kind?

Do you have experience as a Mod on any of them?

If yes please list what your duties were/are and how long you held the positions:

Why would you like to have an admin position on GC?

What are your specialties? ie Real life job experiences, college classes, graphics, css, HTML, other forum experience, etc.

What ideas do you have for the site (the more detail the better)?

Do you have any questions for me?

Email this to thegalaxycauldronforums (at) hotmail.com

NOTE: PRIVATE MESSAGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. As Admin and Founder I get too much mail and often lose important documents. Email is the only acceptable form of application.

This position will not be open as long as normal.
Applications Close Wednesday October 19th 12pm PST. 

Last edited by Neo Queen Serenity on 19th October 2016, 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

PostSubject: Re: GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open   GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open I_icon_minitime9th October 2016, 2:05 pm

GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open JXqprCd

APPLICATIONS OPEN

Moderators are an important position on any forum. They are needed to keep track of sections, boost activity, make sure all members are following the rules and also lead with an example of exemplary behavior. There are many sections to GC and each one needs to be watched and cared for if it is to thrive.  Below is a list of our sections and which ones are open.

Click to View the Current Open Section:

RULES FOR APPLYING:
*  Must have been a member for at LEAST one week - so we can get to know you.
*  Must have 25 or more posts, new threads will be considered worth several posts
*  If and when a moderator application is accepted, that new moderator will begin a month long "probation/trial" period to ensure they are a good fit for the forums and the community, along with a training activity.
If the Moderator does not live up to their duties and our expectations, we reserve the right to let go of said Moderator at any time. We also reserve the right to lengthen or shorten this time on a case by case bases if necessary.
* Admin are subject to changing, adding, or eliminating these rules at any time.

Silver Crystal Moderator Duties:
GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open 2393257330 Be able to commit at least 1 to 2 hours a day to the site. Some sections may require more time than listed here, so be prepared for that.
GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open 2393257330 Maintain and keep activity in your section, as well as helping around the site as much as possible.
GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open 2393257330 Interact and be personable with members. You are often the first person of contact for questions and situations so it is important to make yourself available and open to any and all members.
GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open 2393257330 Keep up with any section specific tasks (these will be explained to you once and if you are accepted)
GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open 2393257330 Lead by example with maturity. Maintain an unbiased approach to every situation, or be aware enough that if you are unable to do so that you need to pass it on to an Admin.
GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open 2393257330 Be able to answer PMs about the site and Sailor Moon.
GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open 2393257330 Make announcements and keep up to date on projects and the sections you are in charge of.

Silver Crystal Moderator Application:
Please copy and paste the following code for the application. Be mindful of your formatting when you do so. It needs to be legible and have any messed up code or odd font colors. All questions are required and must be filled out or your application will be rejected.
** = Denotes a 100 Word Minimum Paragraph

Code:
[b]Username:[/b]

[b]Website/Tumblr:[/b]

[b]Best alternative contact information (in the case PMing fails):[/b]

[b]How many hours a week can you dedicate to GC and your section?:[/b]

[b]Were/Are you a member of an online community of any kind? (For example: another forum, a Facebook group, Tumblr group, etc.)[/b]

[b]If yes, do/did you have experience as staff on any of them?
Please list what your duties were/are and how long you held the positions:**[/b]

[b]Tell us about yourself (so we can get to know you better) and how you feel you fit in on the forums.
Feel free to be as detailed as possible!**[/b]

[b]What are your specialties? (ie graphics, css, HTML, experience, knowledge of SM, etc.)  Show examples if you can (ie graphics, websites you've created, etc.)**[/b]

[b]Why would you like to have a Mod position on GC?**[/b]

[b]State any ideas you have for the Section you are applying for and GC in general. Please be as detailed as possible.**[/b]

[b]Do you have any questions for me?[/b]

[b]List the top 3 sections you would prefer to mod in order of your favorite one first.
(Only answer this if multiple sections are available).[/b]

Email this to thegalaxycauldronforums (at) hotmail.com with the exact title: MODERATOR APPLICATION

Please be aware that while filling out these applications, you should do so as professionally as possible. Consider it like applying for a job in real life. While this may be an internet forum, we do take these applications seriously and the manner in which you fill these out greatly affects our decision on the application.

The Writers & RP Guild has a wonderful Resume and Staff Application that could provide tips and advice for apply!

It is NOT required but EXTREMELY recommended that you speak to Luna GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open 2508165712 who has graciously offered to review and revise your application. Please PM her your application first and she can give you feedback.

NOTE: PRIVATE MESSAGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. As Admin and Founder I get too much mail and often lose important documents. Email is the only acceptable form of application.

This position will not be open as long as normal.
Applications Close Wednesday October 19th 12pm PST. 
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Eidolune

Eidolune

Title : GC's Official Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open   GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open I_icon_minitime9th October 2016, 4:38 pm

Finally! I've been waiting for this for weeks!!!
Back to top Go down
http://tallladyserenity.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xMFgmhp4C7iHaQdoWs4Ig
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open   GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open I_icon_minitime12th October 2016, 7:55 am

T-minus one week until apps close! If you haven't started working on yours, now's the time!
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open   GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open I_icon_minitime15th October 2016, 12:44 pm

Four days until the applications are closed! 

And, I would like to note that I will be reviewing and critiquing applications for the moderator, role-playing moderator, and activities director positions until 18 October 2016. This will give me adequate time to review your application prior to the closing date.
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

PostSubject: Re: GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open   GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open I_icon_minitime16th October 2016, 2:05 pm

If you've sent in an application, I've sent a reply letting you know if I've received it. Some of you may have gotten two, that was intended just to make sure that all my emails show I've replied. If you didn't get an email, then Please let me know via pm.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open   GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open I_icon_minitime18th October 2016, 4:17 am

This is the last day I will review applications. The application period closes tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open   GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GC Announcement: Activities Director & Moderator Applications Open

View previous topic View next topic Back to top